Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Thpo
Alias: Mgdf, Mpllg, Tpo, Tpo1, Tpo2, Tpo3, Tpo4, C-mpl ligand, megakaryocyte colony-stimulating factor, megakaryocyte growth and development factor, myeloproliferative leukemia virus oncogene ligand
- Normal platelets and megakaryocytes are produced in vivo in the absence of thrombopoietinS Bunting
Department of Molecular Oncology, Genentech Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Blood 90:3423-9. 1997Thrombopoietin (TPO) has been established as the major regulator of megakaryocyte and platelet production. In vitro and in vivo studies have demonstrated that TPO affects both megakaryocyte proliferation and maturation...
- A hematopoietic growth factor, thrombopoietin, has a proapoptotic role in the brainHannelore Ehrenreich
Max Planck Institute of Experimental Medicine, Georg August University, 37075 Goettingen, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:862-7. 2005Central nervous and hematopoietic systems share developmental features. We report that thrombopoietin (TPO), a stimulator of platelet formation, acts in the brain as a counterpart of erythropoietin (EPO), a hematopoietic growth factor ..
- A pathobiologic pathway linking thrombopoietin, GATA-1, and TGF-beta1 in the development of myelofibrosisAlessandro M Vannucchi
Clinical Biochemistry, Istituto Superiore Sanita, Viale Regina Elena 299, 00161 Rome, Italy
Blood 105:3493-501. 2005..Mice harboring genetic alterations in either the extrinsic (ectopic thrombopoietin expression, TPO(high) mice) or intrinsic (hypomorphic GATA-1 mutation, GATA-1(low) mice) control of Mk differentiation develop ..
- Physiological regulation of early and late stages of megakaryocytopoiesis by thrombopoietinF J de Sauvage
Department of Molecular Biology, Genentech Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
J Exp Med 183:651-6. 1996Thrombopoietin (TPO) has recently been cloned and shown to regulate megakaryocyte and platelet production by activating the cytokine receptor c-mpl...
- Genomic structure, chromosomal localization, and conserved alternative splice forms of thrombopoietinA L Gurney
Department of Molecular Biology, Genentech, Inc, San Francisco, CA 94080
Blood 85:981-8. 1995Thrombopoietin (TPO), the ligand for c-mpl, is a novel cytokine comprising an amino terminal domain with homology to erythropoietin and a glycosylated carboxyl terminal domain that does not bear overall homology to other known proteins...
- Cytokine-mediated deployment of SDF-1 induces revascularization through recruitment of CXCR4+ hemangiocytesDavid K Jin
Department of Genetic Medicine, Division of Hematology Medical Oncology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 1300 York Avenue, New York, New York 10021, USA
Nat Med 12:557-67. 2006..Soluble Kit-ligand (sKitL), thrombopoietin (TPO, encoded by Thpo) and, to a lesser extent, erythropoietin (EPO) and granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) ..
- Thrombopoietin and the c-Mpl receptor: insights from gene targetingW S Alexander
Walter and Eliza Hall Institute for Medical Research, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 31:1027-35. 1999The availability of thrombopoietin (TPO) in recombinant form has revolutionized the study of megakaryocytopoiesis and provided an exciting new reagent for clinical evaluation...
- Diurnal expression of the thrombopoietin gene is regulated by CLOCKC J Tracey
University BHF Centre for Cardiovascular Science, Queen s Medical Research Institute, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
J Thromb Haemost 10:662-9. 2012..In addition, many cell types express endogenous circadian rhythms that affect cell-specific processes. Independent reports support the hypothesis that thrombopoietin (TPO) is under circadian control.
- Fundamental differences in endoreplication in mammals and Drosophila revealed by analysis of endocycling and endomitotic cellsNoa Sher
Whitehead Institute, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:9368-73. 2013..Consistent with TGCs endocycling rather than undergoing endomitosis, they have low expression of M-phase genes...
- Transgenic mice overexpressing murine thrombopoietin develop myelofibrosis and osteosclerosisHaruko Kakumitsu
The First Department of Internal Medicine, Kyushu University Hospital, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Leuk Res 29:761-9. 2005Thrombopoietin (TPO) regulates megakaryocytopoiesis and platelet production in vivo and in vitro. Exogenous overexpression of TPO in vivo by viral-mediated gene transfer induced bone marrow (BM) fibrosis and osteosclerosis...
- Thrombopoietin gene transfer-mediated enhancement of angiogenic responses to acute ischemiaHideki Amano
Department of Genetic Medicine, Weill Medical College, Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Circ Res 97:337-45. 2005..Platelet levels are controlled by circulating levels of thrombopoietin (TPO) functioning to activate megakaryocyte differentiation and platelet release through the c-mpl receptor...
- Tie2 activation contributes to hemangiogenic regeneration after myelosuppressionHans Georg Kopp
Department of Genetic Medicine and Division of Hematology Oncology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 1300 York Ave, Room D601, New York, NY 10021, USA
Blood 106:505-13. 2005..Angiopoietins may be clinically useful to accelerate hemangiogenic recovery after myelosuppression...
- Hypomorphic mutation of PDK1 suppresses tumorigenesis in PTEN(+/-) miceJose R Bayascas
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, School of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, United Kingdom
Curr Biol 15:1839-46. 2005....
- Thrombopoietin enhances expression of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) in primitive hematopoietic cells through induction of HIF-1alphaKeita Kirito
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, University of California San Diego, San Diego, CA, USA
Blood 105:4258-63. 2005Thrombopoietin (TPO), the primary regulator of thrombopoiesis, is also an important, nonredundant mediator of hematopoietic stem cell (HSC) development...
- Cytokines regulate postnatal hematopoietic stem cell expansion: opposing roles of thrombopoietin and LNKNatalija Buza-Vidas
Hematopoietic Stem Cell Laboratory, Lund Strategic Research Center for Stem Cell Biology and Cell Therapy, Lund University, Sweden
Genes Dev 20:2018-23. 2006..Herein, we identify thrombopoietin (THPO) and the cytokine signaling inhibitor LNK, as opposing physiological regulators of HSC expansion...
- Lnk inhibits Tpo-mpl signaling and Tpo-mediated megakaryocytopoiesisWei Tong
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Nine Cambridge Center, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
J Exp Med 200:569-80. 2004Thrombopoietin (Tpo) is the primary cytokine regulating megakaryocyte development and platelet production...
- Lnk negatively regulates self-renewal of hematopoietic stem cells by modifying thrombopoietin-mediated signal transductionJun Seita
Laboratory of Stem Cell Therapy, Center for Experimental Medicine, University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokanedai, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:2349-54. 2007..We show that Lnk negatively regulates self-renewal of HSCs by modifying thrombopoietin (TPO)-mediated signal transduction. Single-cell cultures showed that Lnk-deficient HSCs are hypersensitive to TPO...
- Thrombopoietin production in wild-type and interleukin-6 knockout mice with acute inflammationHelen Burmester
Institute of Physiology, University of Luebeck, Luebeck, Germany
J Interferon Cytokine Res 25:407-13. 2005Clinical and laboratory studies indicate that thrombopoietin (TPO) gene expression increases during inflammation...
- Role of thrombopoietin in mast cell differentiationAnna Rita Migliaccio
Department of Hematology, Oncology and Molecular Medicine, Istituto Superiore Sanita, Viale Regina Elena 299, 00161 Rome, Italy
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1106:152-74. 2007..Some of the possible implications of this newly described biological activity of thrombopoietin will be discussed...
- Studies of c-Mpl function distinguish the replication of hematopoietic stem cells from the expansion of differentiating clonesJanis L Abkowitz
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7710, USA
Blood 109:5186-90. 2007....
- Hepatoblasts comprise a niche for fetal liver erythropoiesis through cytokine productionDaisuke Sugiyama
Division of Hematopoietic Stem Cells, Advanced Medical Initiatives, Department of Advanced Medical Initiatives, Kyushu University Faculty of Medical Sciences, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 410:301-6. 2011..Our observations demonstrate that hepatoblasts comprise a niche for erythropoiesis through cytokine secretion...
- [Signal transduction pathway mediated by thrombopoietin in the inflammation model of microglia]Qiao jun Li
Department of Pediatrics, First Affiliated Hospital of the People s Liberation Army General Hospital, Beijing 100048, China
Zhongguo Dang Dai Er Ke Za Zhi 13:340-3. 2011BJECTIVE: To explore the signal transduction pathway mediated by thrombopoietin (TPO) in the inflammation model of microglia induced by lipopolysaccharide (LPS).
- Human thrombopoietin knockin mice efficiently support human hematopoiesis in vivoAnthony Rongvaux
Department of Immunobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:2378-83. 2011..Thrombopoietin (TPO) has been demonstrated as a crucial cytokine supporting maintenance and self-renewal of HSCs...
- Thrombopoietin contributes to neuronal damage in experimental bacterial meningitisOlaf Hoffmann
Department of Experimental Neurology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Infect Immun 79:928-36. 2011Thrombopoietin (Tpo), which primarily regulates megakaryopoiesis, and its receptor (c-Mpl) are expressed in the brain, where Tpo exhibits proapototic effects on neurons...
- Expression pattern of the thrombopoietin receptor (Mpl) in the murine central nervous systemAnna Ivanova
Department of Neonatology, Charite Universitatsmedizin, Germany
BMC Dev Biol 10:77. 2010Thrombopoietin (Thpo) and its receptor (Mpl), which regulate megakaryopoiesis, are expressed in the central nervous system (CNS), where Thpo is thought to exert pro-apoptotic effects on newly generated neurons...
- Expression and role of FLT3 in regulation of the earliest stage of normal granulocyte-monocyte progenitor developmentCharlotta Böiers
Hematopoietic Stem Cell Laboratory, Lund Stem Cell Center, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Blood 115:5061-8. 2010..Notably, mice deficient in both thrombopoietin (THPO) and FL had a more pronounced GMP phenotype than Thpo(-/-) mice, establishing a role of FL in THPO-dependent and -..
- Fetal liver hepatic progenitors are supportive stromal cells for hematopoietic stem cellsSong Chou
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:7799-804. 2010..Thus SCF(+)DLK(+) cells are a highly homogenous population that express a complete set of factors for HSC expansion and are likely the primary stromal cells that support HSC expansion in the fetal liver...
- Thrombopoietin regulates c-Myb expression by modulating micro RNA 150 expressionCharlene F Barroga
Department of Medicine and Division of Hematology Oncology, University of California, San Diego School of Medicine, San Diego, CA 92103 8811, USA
Exp Hematol 36:1585-92. 2008..Micro RNAs (miRs) downregulate gene expression by binding to the 3' untranslated region (UTR) of specific messenger RNAs (mRNAs); we noted that the 3'UTR of c-Myb contains four miR-150 binding sites...
- Lesion-targeted thrombopoietin potentiates vasculogenesis by enhancing motility and enlivenment of transplanted endothelial progenitor cells via activation of Akt/mTOR/p70S6kinase signaling pathwayMasamichi Eguchi
Department of Regenerative Medicine, Tokai University School of Medicine, Japan
J Mol Cell Cardiol 45:661-9. 2008Thrombopoietin (TPO), a physiological regulator of megakaryocyte and platelet development, is a multifunctional positive regulator in early hematopoiesis by hematopoietic stem cells...
- Thrombopoietin (TPO) regulates HIF-1alpha levels through generation of mitochondrial reactive oxygen speciesKozue Yoshida
Department of Hematology, University of Yamanashi, 1110 Shimokato, Chuo, Yamanashi 409 3898, Japan
Int J Hematol 88:43-51. 2008..In a previous study we found that thrombopoietin (TPO), an important and non-redundant cytokine for HSC maintenance and expansion, induces HIF-1alpha expression in HSCs ..
- Transcriptional regulation of bone marrow thrombopoietin by platelet proteinsBryan McIntosh
Department of Medicine, University of California San Diego, San Diego, CA 92103 8811, USA
Exp Hematol 36:799-806. 2008Platelet production is regulated primarily by the cytokine thrombopoietin (TPO)...
- Roles of focal adhesion kinase (FAK) in megakaryopoiesis and platelet function: studies using a megakaryocyte lineage specific FAK knockoutIan S Hitchcock
Department of Medicine, University of California San Diego, La Jolla 92093, USA
Blood 111:596-604. 2008..Thrombopoietin (Tpo)-mediated activation of Lyn kinase, a negative regulator of megakaryopoiesis, is severely attenuated in FAK-null ..
- Chronic thrombopoietin overexpression induces mesangioproliferative glomerulopathy in miceHaruko K Shimoda
Department of Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology and Hematology, Faculty of Medicine, Miyazaki University, Kiyotake, Miyazaki, Japan
Am J Hematol 82:802-6. 2007We previously reported that mice transgenic (Tg) for thrombopoietin (TPO) developed progressive fibrosis and osteosclerosis of the bone marrow...
- Thrombopoietin induces HOXA9 nuclear transport in immature hematopoietic cells: potential mechanism by which the hormone favorably affects hematopoietic stem cellsKeita Kirito
Department of Medicine, University of California San Diego School of Medicine, 402 Dickinson St, Suite 380, San Diego, CA 92103 8811, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:6751-62. 2004..In our previous studies we demonstrated that thrombopoietin (TPO) enhances levels of HOXB4 mRNA in primitive hematopoietic cells (K. Kirito, N. Fox, and K...
- Lyn tyrosine kinase regulates thrombopoietin-induced proliferation of hematopoietic cell lines and primary megakaryocytic progenitorsBrian J Lannutti
Puget Sound Blood Center, Seattle, WA 98104 1256, USA
Blood 103:3736-43. 2004In this study we demonstrate that thrombopoietin (TPO)-stimulated Src family kinases (SFKs) inhibit cellular proliferation and megakaryocyte differentiation...
- Constitutive expression of Mpl ligand transcripts during thrombocytopenia or thrombocytosisK Cohen-Solal
INSERM U 362, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Blood 88:2578-84. 1996Mpl ligand (thrombopoietin [TPO]) is the physiological regulator of platelet production. In mice, mRNA encoding the Mpl ligand (Mpl-L) is predominantly found by Northern blot analysis in the liver and kidney...
- Thrombopoietin rescues in vitro erythroid colony formation from mouse embryos lacking the erythropoietin receptorM W Kieran
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:9126-31. 1996..yolk sac, peripheral blood, and fetal liver demonstrated near normal transcripts levels for EKLF, thrombopoietin (Tpo), c-MPL, GATA-1, GATA-2, and alpha- and embryonic beta H1-globin but non for adult beta maj-globin...
- Ectopic expression of murine TPO receptor (c-mpl) in mice is pathogenic and induces erythroblastic proliferationL Cocault
INSERM U 363, Institut Cochin de Genetique Moleculaire, Hopital Cochin, Paris, France
Blood 88:1656-65. 1996..This study shows for the first time that ectopic expression of a member of the cytokine receptor superfamily promotes hematopoietic progenitor cell proliferation and could play a role in leukemogenesis...
- Low levels of erythroid and myeloid progenitors in thrombopoietin-and c-mpl-deficient miceK Carver-Moore
Department of Molecular Oncology, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Blood 88:803-8. 1996Thrombopoietin (TPO), the ligand for the c-mpl receptor, has been shown to be the major regulator of platelet production...
- A model of myelofibrosis and osteosclerosis in mice induced by overexpressing thrombopoietin (mpl ligand): reversal of disease by bone marrow transplantationX Q Yan
Department of Developmental Hematology, Amgen Inc, Thousand Oaks, CA 91320 1789, USA
Blood 88:402-9. 1996We have previously shown that mice induced to overexpress thrombopoietin (TPO) by retroviral-mediated gene transfer into bone marrow (BM) cells develop myelofibrosis and osteosclerosis...
- Mapping of the mouse Bcl6 gene to chromosome 16X Liao
Mammalian Genetics Laboratory, ABL Basic Research Program, NCI Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Frederick, Maryland 21702, USA
Mamm Genome 7:621-2. 1996
- Thrombopoietin, the ligand for the Mpl receptor, synergizes with steel factor and other early acting cytokines in supporting proliferation of primitive hematopoietic progenitors of miceH Ku
Department of Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, USA
Blood 87:4544-51. 1996..Based on these observations, we propose that ML can function as an early acting cytokine and stimulate the proliferation of cell cycle dormant progenitors by shortening their G0 period...
- Chronic exposure to retroviral vector encoded MGDF (mpl-ligand) induces lineage-specific growth and differentiation of megakaryocytes in miceX Q Yan
Department of Developmental Hematology, Amgen Inc, Thousand Oaks, CA 91320 1789, USA
Blood 86:4025-33. 1995b>Megakaryocyte growth and development factor (MGDF) has recently been identified as a ligand for the c-mpl receptor...
- Thrombopoietin in thrombocytopenic mice: evidence against regulation at the mRNA level and for a direct regulatory role of plateletsR Stoffel
Department of Pharmacology, University of Basel, Switzerland
Blood 87:567-73. 1996Thrombopoietin (TPO), originally described as an activity in the serum of thrombocytopenic animals that leads to increased production of platelets, has recently been isolated and cloned...
- Cloning and expression of murine thrombopoietin cDNA and stimulation of platelet production in vivoS Lok
ZymoGenetics Corporation, Seattle, Washington 98105
Nature 369:565-8. 1994..These results along with those presented in the accompanying report strongly suggest that the ligand for c-Mpl is thrombopoietin...
- Identification and cloning of a megakaryocyte growth and development factor that is a ligand for the cytokine receptor MplT D Bartley
Amgen, Incorporated, Amgen Center, Thousand Oaks, California 91320
Cell 77:1117-24. 1994A novel megakaryocyte growth and development factor (MGDF) has been identified in aplastic canine plasma, and its cDNAs have been cloned from canine, murine, and human sources...
- Thrombopoietin activates a STAT5-like factor in hematopoietic cellsC Pallard
U363 INSERM, ICGM, Hopital Cochin, Paris, France
EMBO J 14:2847-56. 1995Thrombopoietin (TPO) is a newly cloned cytokine which is the major regulator of circulating platelet levels, acting on both proliferation and differentiation of megakaryocytes...
- Thrombopoietin: the primary regulator of megakaryocytopoiesis and thrombopoiesisD L Eaton
Department of Cardiovascular Research, Genentech, So San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Exp Hematol 25:1-7. 1997
- Megakaryocytopoietic activity of a truncated variant of mouse thrombopoietinS Hoshi
Tsukuba Research Laboratories, Eisai Co, Ltd, Ibaraki, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 231:823-6. 1997Thrombopoietin (TPO) is a hemopoietic cytokine that specifically stimulates the growth and development of megakaryocytes...
- Cellular localization of thrombopoietin mRNA in the liver by in situ hybridizationS Nomura
Pharmaceutical Research Laboratory, Kirin Brewery Co, Ltd, Gunma, Japan
Exp Hematol 25:565-72. 1997The expression of thrombopoietin (TPO) mRNA is observed in several tissues, including liver, kidney, brain, skeletal muscle, intestine, spleen, and bone marrow...
- Thrombopoietin stimulates Hoxb4 expression: an explanation for the favorable effects of TPO on hematopoietic stem cellsKeita Kirito
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, University of California, San Diego, 92103, USA
Blood 102:3172-8. 2003Thrombopoietin (TPO), the primary regulator of platelet production, also plays an important role in hematopoietic stem cell (HSC) biology...
- Thrombopoietin promotes mixed lineage and megakaryocytic colony-forming cell growth but inhibits primitive and definitive erythropoiesis in cells isolated from early murine yolk sacsXiaodong Xie
Department of Pediatrics, Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202, USA
Blood 101:1329-35. 2003The role of thrombopoietin (Tpo) in promoting hematopoiesis has been extensively studied in late fetal, neonatal, and adult mice. However, the effects of Tpo on early yolk sac hematopoiesis have been largely unexplored...
- A selective effect of Mpl ligand on mRNA stabilization during megakaryocyte differentiationYulia Kaluzhny
Department of Biochemistry, K225, Boston University School of Medicine, 715 Albany St, Boston, MA 02118, USA
FEBS Lett 527:279-83. 2002..Our study is the first to suggest that Mpl ligand-induced lineage specification is also determined by message stabilization...
- Thrombopoietin expands hematopoietic stem cells after transplantationNorma Fox
University of California San Diego School of Medicine, Department of Medicine, San Diego, California 92103 8811, USA
J Clin Invest 110:389-94. 2002Multiple lines of evidence indicate that thrombopoietin (TPO) contributes to the development of hematopoietic stem cells (HSC), supporting their survival and proliferation in vitro...
- The glycan domain of thrombopoietin (TPO) acts in trans to enhance secretion of the hormone and other cytokinesHannah M Linden
Division of Hematology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Biol Chem 277:35240-7. 2002Thrombopoietin (TPO), the primary regulator of platelet production, is composed of an amino-terminal 152 amino acids, sufficient for activity, and a carboxyl-terminal region rich in carbohydrates (183 residues) that enhances secretion of ..
- Administration of recombinant human IL11 after supralethal radiation exposure promotes survival in mice: interactive effect with thrombopoietinAnne Van der Meeren
IPSN, DPHD, SARAM, B P no 6, F 92265 Fontenay aux Roses Cedex, France
Radiat Res 157:642-9. 2002..IL11 was administered along with thrombopoietin (TPO) or bone marrow transplantation to limit the hematopoietic syndrome, in addition to antibiotic treatment...
- Lineage-specific growth factors can compensate for stem and progenitor cell deficiencies at the postprogenitor cell level: an analysis of doubly TPO- and G-CSF receptor-deficient miceKenneth Kaushansky
University of Washington School of Medicine, Divisions of Hematology and Infectious Diseases, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Blood 99:3573-8. 2002Multiple lines of evidence indicate that thrombopoietin (TPO) substantially impacts the number of hematopoietic stem cells and progenitors of all myeloid lineages...
- Cytokine production and function in c-mpl-deficient mice: no physiologic role for interleukin-3 in residual megakaryocyte and platelet productionT Gainsford
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute for Medical Research, PO Royal Melbourne Hospital, Victoria, Australia
Blood 91:2745-52. 1998Mice lacking thrombopoietin (TPO), or its receptor c-Mpl, display defective megakaryocyte and platelet development and deficiencies in progenitor cells of multiple hematopoietic lineages...
- Hematopoietic deficiencies in c-mpl and TPO knockout miceM Murone
Department of Molecular Oncology, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Stem Cells 16:1-6. 1998Thrombopoietin (TPO) is the primary regulatory of megakaryocyte (Meg) and platelet production. Its receptor, c-mpl, is a member of the cytokine receptor superfamily...
- The Mpl-ligand is involved in the growth-promoting activity of the murine stromal cell line MS-5 on ES cell-derived hematopoiesisM T Mitjavila
INSERM U 362, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Exp Hematol 26:124-34. 1998..Second, at a later stage of differentiation, the MS-5 cells promote hematopoiesis within EBs. Mpl-L appears to be one of the components that confer this latter ability on the MS-5 cell line...
- Thrombopoietin inhibits in vitro osteoclastogenesis from murine bone marrow cellsT Wakikawa
Department of Biochemistry, Osaka City University Medical School, Osaka, Japan
Endocrinology 138:4160-6. 1997To determine whether thrombopoietin (TPO) can modulate the osteoclastic differentiation from hematopoietic stem cells, we investigated the effect of TPO on in vitro osteoclastogenesis by using the coculture of murine bone marrow cells ..
- The gene for murine megakaryocyte growth and development factor (thrombopoietin, Thpo) is located on mouse chromosome 16M S Chang
Department of Developmental Biology, Amgen Inc, Thousand Oaks, California 91320, USA
Genomics 26:636-7. 1995
- Cytokine gene expression in regenerating haematopoietic tissues of mice after cyclophosphamide treatmentO Psenak
Department of Pathophysiology, First Medical School, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Acta Haematol 109:68-75. 2003..effect on HPC - stem cell factor (SCF), fetal liver tyrosine kinase 3-ligand (flt3-ligand), thrombopoietin (TPO), stromal cell-derived factor 1 (SDF-1), oncostatin M (OSM) -, a suppressive effect on HPC proliferation - ..
- Human thrombopoietin: gene structure, cDNA sequence, expression, and chromosomal localizationD C Foster
ZymoGenetics Inc, Seattle, WA 98102
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91:13023-7. 1994Thrombopoietin (TPO), a lineage-specific cytokine affecting the proliferation and maturation of megakaryocytes from committed progenitor cells, is believed to be the major physiological regulator of circulating platelet levels...
- KINETICS AND BEHAVIOR OF HEMOPOIETIC STEM CELLSJANIS ABKOWITZ; Fiscal Year: 2004..By analyzing HSC kinetics in cats and mice, experimental systems with vastly different hemopoietic demands, we hope to gain insights that will allow an extrapolation to human hemopoiesis. ..
- FELINE LEUKEMIA VIRUS INDUCED RED CELL APLASIAJANIS ABKOWITZ; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- The Kinetics and Behavior of Hematopoietic Stem cellsJANIS ABKOWITZ; Fiscal Year: 2007..Broadly, this application uses parabiosis, evolutionary analyses and stochastic simulation, 3 systems biology approaches, to gain insights into the in vivo behavior of HSC. ..
- The Kinetics and Behavior of Hematopoietic Stem cellsJANIS ABKOWITZ; Fiscal Year: 2009..Broadly, this application uses parabiosis, evolutionary analyses and stochastic simulation, 3 systems biology approaches, to gain insights into the in vivo behavior of HSC. ..
- Career Development in Clinical Hematology ResearchJANIS ABKOWITZ; Fiscal Year: 2007..We anticipate that the scholars will progress to tenure track academic appointments at our institution or elsewhere. The broad goal of our application is to promote benign hematology clinical research, as this is an underserved field. ..
- Thrombopoietin Signaling: The Role of Src KinasesBRIAN LANNUTTI; Fiscal Year: 2007..of this project are to gain insight into the signal transduction mechanisms of the growth factor thrombopoietin (TPO) and its receptor, Mp1, as well as provide the applicant, Brian Lannutti with the scientific tools and career ..
- Physiology of feline leukemia virus C receptor, FLVCRJANIS ABKOWITZ; Fiscal Year: 2009..We anticipate that these studies will provide novel insights into a unique cell protection mechanism. ..
- Pathogenesis of clonal dominance in myelopoliferative d*JANIS ABKOWITZ; Fiscal Year: 2007..We anticipate that, once validated, stochastic simulation will be an excellent tool for further studies of the pathogenesis of individual myeloproliferative diseases, disease progression and subclone evolution. ..
- IN UTERO TRANSPLANTATION FOR LYSOSOMAL STORAGE DISEASEJANIS ABKOWITZ; Fiscal Year: 2002..The investigators are hopeful that these studies will provide alternative approaches for the therapy of lysosomal storage disorders. ..
- KINETICS AND BEHAVIOR OF HEMATOPOIETIC STEM CELLSJANIS ABKOWITZ; Fiscal Year: 1999..Taken together, the PI believes these studies will provide insight into the kinetics and behavior of hematopoietic stem cells in large animals, to optimal strategies for gene therapy, and to disease pathogenesis. ..
- KINETICS AND BEHAVIOR OF HEMATOPOIETIC STEM CELLSJANIS ABKOWITZ; Fiscal Year: 1993....
- FELINE LEUKEMIA VIRUS-INDUCED HEMATOLOGIC DISEASEJANIS ABKOWITZ; Fiscal Year: 1991..This model will be generated through the repeated use of myelosuppressive drugs such as dimethylmyleran or through autologous bone marrow transplantation employing low numbers of hematopoietic cells...