Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Thbs4
Description: thrombospondin 4
Alias: TSP4, thrombospondin-4
- Frolova E, Sopko N, Blech L, Popovic Z, Li J, Vasanji A, et al. Thrombospondin-4 regulates fibrosis and remodeling of the myocardium in response to pressure overload. FASEB J. 2012;26:2363-73 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to address the function of TSP-4 in the heart. TSP-4-knockout (Thbs4(-/-)) and wild-type (WT) mice were subjected to transverse aortic constriction (TAC) to increase left ventricle ..
- Zhou Z, Chen Y, Wang F, Tian N, Fan C. Effect of curcumin on down-expression of thrombospondin-4 induced by oxidized low-density lipoprotein in mouse macrophages. Biomed Mater Eng. 2014;24:181-9 pubmed publisher..Curcumin prevents the decrease in THBS-4 expression induced by oxLDL, which may represent one of the anti-atherosclerotic mechanisms of curcumin. ..
- Benner E, Luciano D, Jo R, Abdi K, Paez Gonzalez P, Sheng H, et al. Protective astrogenesis from the SVZ niche after injury is controlled by Notch modulator Thbs4. Nature. 2013;497:369-73 pubmed publisher..Here we show in mice that SVZ-generated astrocytes express high levels of thrombospondin 4 (Thbs4), a secreted homopentameric glycoprotein, in contrast to cortical astrocytes, which express low levels ..
- Contreras Ruiz L, Regenfuss B, Mir F, Kearns J, Masli S. Conjunctival inflammation in thrombospondin-1 deficient mouse model of Sjögren's syndrome. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e75937 pubmed publisher..These results not only reveal potential immunopathogenic mechanisms underlying KCS in SS but also highlight the therapeutic potential of TSP-1. ..
- Brody M, Schips T, Vanhoutte D, Kanisicak O, Karch J, Maliken B, et al. Dissection of Thrombospondin-4 Domains Involved in Intracellular Adaptive Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress-Responsive Signaling. Mol Cell Biol. 2016;36:2-12 pubmed publisher..We recently reported that thrombospondin-4 (Thbs4) has a critical intracellular function, regulating the adaptive endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress pathway through ..
- Baumeister A, Arber S, Caroni P. Accumulation of muscle ankyrin repeat protein transcript reveals local activation of primary myotube endcompartments during muscle morphogenesis. J Cell Biol. 1997;139:1231-42 pubmed
- Kim D, Li K, Boroujerdi A, Peter Yu Y, Zhou C, Deng P, et al. Thrombospondin-4 contributes to spinal sensitization and neuropathic pain states. J Neurosci. 2012;32:8977-87 pubmed publisher..pain development, we report here the characterization of a novel neuropathic pain contributor, thrombospondin-4 (TSP4), using a neuropathic pain model of spinal nerve ligation injury...
- Dunkle E, Zaucke F, Clegg D. Thrombospondin-4 and matrix three-dimensionality in axon outgrowth and adhesion in the developing retina. Exp Eye Res. 2007;84:707-17 pubmed..These results support a model where TSP-4 acts as an organizer of adhesive and axon outgrowth-promoting molecules in the ECM to optimize retinal ganglion cell responses. ..
- Mendus D, Sundaresan S, Grillet N, Wangsawihardja F, Leu R, Muller U, et al. Thrombospondins 1 and 2 are important for afferent synapse formation and function in the inner ear. Eur J Neurosci. 2014;39:1256-67 pubmed publisher..On the basis of the above results, we propose that TSPs play an important role in afferent synapse development and function of the inner ear. ..
- Sawaki D, Hou L, Tomida S, Sun J, Zhan H, Aizawa K, et al. Modulation of cardiac fibrosis by KrÃ¼ppel-like factor 6 through transcriptional control of thrombospondin 4 in cardiomyocytes. Cardiovasc Res. 2015;107:420-30 pubmed publisher..Microarray analysis revealed increased levels of the extracellular matrix factor, thrombospondin 4 (TSP4), in the Klf6-ablated heart...
- Muppala S, Frolova E, Xiao R, Krukovets I, Yoon S, Hoppe G, et al. Proangiogenic Properties of Thrombospondin-4. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2015;35:1975-86 pubmed publisher..vivo angiogenesis models and its effect on angiogenesis-related properties in cultured cells were assessed using Thbs4(-/-) mice, endothelial cells (EC) derived from these mice, and recombinant TSP-4...
- Lv L, Liang W, Ye M, Zhang J, Zhang H, Xue G, et al. Thrombospondin-4 ablation reduces macrophage recruitment in adipose tissue and neointima and suppresses injury-induced restenosis in mice. Atherosclerosis. 2016;247:70-7 pubmed publisherThrombospondin-4 (Thbs4) is a member of the extracellular calcium-binding protein family and is linked to cell adhesion and migration...
- Arber S, Ladle D, Lin J, Frank E, Jessell T. ETS gene Er81 controls the formation of functional connections between group Ia sensory afferents and motor neurons. Cell. 2000;101:485-98 pubmed..ER81 therefore controls a late step in the establishment of functional sensory-motor circuitry in the developing spinal cord. ..
- Vanhoutte D, Schips T, Kwong J, Davis J, Tjondrokoesoemo A, Brody M, et al. Thrombospondin expression in myofibers stabilizes muscle membranes. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..Here we show that Thrombospondin-4 (Thbs4) regulates skeletal muscle integrity and its susceptibility to muscular dystrophy through organization of membrane ..
- Cingolani O, Kirk J, Seo K, Koitabashi N, Lee D, Ramirez Correa G, et al. Thrombospondin-4 is required for stretch-mediated contractility augmentation in cardiac muscle. Circ Res. 2011;109:1410-4 pubmed publisher..Because levels of the matricellular protein thrombospondin-4 (TSP4) rapidly rise in hypertension and are elevated in cardiac stress overload and heart failure, we hypothesized that ..
- Havis E, Bonnin M, Olivera Martinez I, Nazaret N, Ruggiu M, Weibel J, et al. Transcriptomic analysis of mouse limb tendon cells during development. Development. 2014;141:3683-96 pubmed publisher..FGF does not have a tenogenic effect and the inhibition of the ERK MAPK signalling pathway was sufficient to activate Scx in mouse limb mesodermal progenitors and mesenchymal stem cells. ..
- Margagliotti S, Clotman F, Pierreux C, Beaudry J, Jacquemin P, Rousseau G, et al. The Onecut transcription factors HNF-6/OC-1 and OC-2 regulate early liver expansion by controlling hepatoblast migration. Dev Biol. 2007;311:579-89 pubmed..This network operating at the onset of liver development contains candidate genes for investigation of liver carcinogenesis. ..
- Frolova E, Drazba J, Krukovets I, Kostenko V, Blech L, Harry C, et al. Control of organization and function of muscle and tendon by thrombospondin-4. Matrix Biol. 2014;37:35-48 pubmed publisher..In Thbs4(-/-) mice, tendon collagen fibrils are significantly larger than in wild-type mice, and there is no compensatory ..
- Palao T, Rippe C, van Veen H, Vanbavel E, Swärd K, Bakker E. Thrombospondin-4 knockout in hypertension protects small-artery endothelial function but induces aortic aneurysms. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2016;310:H1486-93 pubmed publisher..In this study, we explored the role of TSP-4 in hypertension. For this purpose, wild-type and TSP-4 knockout (Thbs4(-/-)) mice were treated with angiotensin II (ANG II)...