Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Tgfbi
Description: transforming growth factor, beta induced
Alias: 68kDa, AI181842, AI747162, Beta-ig, big-h3, transforming growth factor-beta-induced protein ig-h3, transforming growth factor, beta induced, 68 kDa
- Günschmann C, Stachelscheid H, Akyuz M, Schmitz A, Missero C, Bruning J, et al. Insulin/IGF-1 controls epidermal morphogenesis via regulation of FoxO-mediated p63 inhibition. Dev Cell. 2013;26:176-87 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the present study reveals a critical role for IIS-dependent control of p63 activity in coordination of ACD and stratification during epithelial morphogenesis. ..
- Pazin D, Gamer L, Cox K, Rosen V. Molecular profiling of synovial joints: use of microarray analysis to identify factors that direct the development of the knee and elbow. Dev Dyn. 2012;241:1816-26 pubmed publisher..The knee is enriched for the hindlimb patterning genes Hoxc9, Hoxc10, and Tbx4 and for Tgfbi, Rspo2, and Sfrp2, factors involved in transforming growth factor-beta/bone morphogenetic protein (TGF?/BMP) and ..
- Kim H, Kim P, Bae S, Son H, Thoudam D, Kim J, et al. Transforming growth factor-beta-induced protein (TGFBIp/beta ig-h3) activates platelets and promotes thrombogenesis. Blood. 2009;114:5206-15 pubmed publisherTransforming growth factor-beta-induced protein (TGFBIp)/beta ig-h3 is a 68-kDa extracellular matrix protein that is functionally associated with the adhesion, migration, proliferation, and differentiation of various cells...
- Wilson D, Phamluong K, Lin W, Barck K, Carano R, Diehl L, et al. Chondroitin sulfate synthase 1 (Chsy1) is required for bone development and digit patterning. Dev Biol. 2012;363:413-25 pubmed publisher..Our results place Chsy1 as an essential regulator of joint patterning and provide a mouse model of human brachydactylies caused by mutations in CHSY1. ..
- Contreras Ruiz L, Mir F, Turpie B, Krauss A, Masli S. SjÃ¶gren's syndrome associated dry eye in a mouse model is ameliorated by topical application of integrin Î±4 antagonist GW559090. Exp Eye Res. 2016;143:1-8 pubmed publisher..We conclude that similar to topical dexamethasone, topically administered GW559090 successfully improved corneal barrier integrity and inflammation in an established ocular surface disease associated with SjÃ¶gren's syndrome. ..
- Bae J, Lee W, Nam J, Kim J, Kim S, Kim I. Transforming growth factor ?-induced protein promotes severe vascular inflammatory responses. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2014;189:779-86 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings demonstrate that the TGFBIp-?v?5 axis can elicit severe inflammatory responses, suggesting it to be a potential target for development of diagnostics and therapeutics for sepsis. ..
- Snider P, Hinton R, Moreno Rodriguez R, Wang J, Rogers R, Lindsley A, et al. Periostin is required for maturation and extracellular matrix stabilization of noncardiomyocyte lineages of the heart. Circ Res. 2008;102:752-60 pubmed publisher..Thus, peri(lacZ) knockouts provide a new model of viable latent valve disease. ..
- Zhang Y, Wen G, Shao G, Wang C, Lin C, Fang H, et al. TGFBI deficiency predisposes mice to spontaneous tumor development. Cancer Res. 2009;69:37-44 pubmed publisherLoss of TGFBI, a secreted protein induced by transforming growth factor-beta, has been implicated in cell proliferation, tumor progression, and angiogenesis by in vitro studies...
- Juriloff D, Gunn T, Harris M, Mah D, Wu M, Dewell S. Multifactorial genetics of exencephaly in SELH/Bc mice. Teratology. 2001;64:189-200 pubmed..The high risk of exencephaly in SELH/Bc mice is caused by the cumulative effect of two to three semidominant genes. Candidate genes include Msx2, Madh5, Ptch, and Irx1 (Chr 13) and Actb and Rac1 (Chr 5). ..
- Mondragon A, Betts Obregon B, Moritz R, Parvathaneni K, Navarro M, Kim H, et al. BIGH3 protein and macrophages in retinal endothelial cell apoptosis. Apoptosis. 2015;20:29-37 pubmed publisher..Our results support a novel inflammatory pathway for diabetic retinopathy. This pathway is initiated by TGFÎ² released from macrophages, which promotes synthesis and release of BIGH3 protein by REC and REC apoptosis. ..
- Adikusuma F, Pederick D, McAninch D, Hughes J, Thomas P. Functional Equivalence of the SOX2 and SOX3 Transcription Factors in the Developing Mouse Brain and Testes. Genetics. 2017;206:1495-1503 pubmed publisher..Together, these in vivo data provide strong evidence that SOX2 and SOX3 proteins are functionally equivalent. ..
- Han B, Luo H, Raelson J, Huang J, Li Y, Tremblay J, et al. TGFBI (?IG-H3) is a diabetes-risk gene based on mouse and human genetic studies. Hum Mol Genet. 2014;23:4597-611 pubmed publisherTransforming growth factor beta-induced (TGFBI/?IG-H3), also known as ?ig-H3, is a protein inducible by TGF?1 and secreted by many cell types...
- Chitra P, Swathi T, Sahay R, Reddy G, Menon R, Kumar P. Growth Hormone Induces Transforming Growth Factor-Beta-Induced Protein in Podocytes: Implications for Podocyte Depletion and Proteinuria. J Cell Biochem. 2015;116:1947-56 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we conclude that the GH-dependent increase in TGFBIp in the podocyte is one of the mechanisms responsible for podocyte depletion in DN. ..
- Lee W, Ku S, Bae J. Ameliorative Effect of Vicenin-2 and Scolymoside on TGFBIp-Induced Septic Responses. Inflammation. 2015;38:2166-77 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results indicate that vicenin-2 and scolymoside could be a potential therapeutic agent for treatment of various severe vascular inflammatory diseases via inhibition of the TGFBIp signaling pathway. ..
- Tennant B, Chen J, Shih A, Luciani D, Hoffman B. Myt3 Mediates Laminin-V/Integrin-Î²1-Induced Islet-Cell Migration via Tgfbi. Mol Endocrinol. 2015;29:1254-68 pubmed publisher..RNA-seq) analysis of transduced islets showed that Myt3 suppression results in the up-regulation of Tgfbi, a secreted diabetogenic factor thought to impair cellular adhesion...
- Shelton E, Ector G, Galindo C, Hooper C, Brown N, Wilkerson I, et al. Transcriptional profiling reveals ductus arteriosus-specific genes that regulate vascular tone. Physiol Genomics. 2014;46:457-66 pubmed publisher..Ion channels that regulate DA tone, including BKCa channels, are promising targets. Specifically, BKCa channel agonists like NS1619 maintain DA patency even in the presence of O2 and may be clinically useful. ..
- Kalyani R, Lee J, Min H, Yoon H, Kim M. Genes Frequently Coexpressed with Hoxc8 Provide Insight into the Discovery of Target Genes. Mol Cells. 2016;39:395-402 pubmed publisher..We randomly selected Adam19, Ptpn13, Prkd1, Tgfbi, and Aldh1a3, and validated their coexpression in mouse embryonic tissues and cell lines following TGF-?2 ..
- Schwab K, Patterson L, Aronow B, Luckas R, Liang H, Potter S. A catalogue of gene expression in the developing kidney. Kidney Int. 2003;64:1588-604 pubmed..For three genes, Cdrap, Tgfbi, and Col15a1, we observed strikingly similar expression in the developing kidneys and lungs, which both undergo ..
- Schorderet D, Menasche M, Morand S, Bonnel S, Buchillier V, Marchant D, et al. Genomic characterization and embryonic expression of the mouse Bigh3 (Tgfbi) gene. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;274:267-74 pubmed..The characterization of the murine structure is a prerequisite for the making of such models. ..
- Brinkmeier M, Davis S, Carninci P, MacDonald J, Kawai J, Ghosh D, et al. Discovery of transcriptional regulators and signaling pathways in the developing pituitary gland by bioinformatic and genomic approaches. Genomics. 2009;93:449-60 pubmed publisher..These genes are exciting candidates for regulators of pituitary development and function. ..
- Bildsoe H, Fan X, Wilkie E, Ashoti A, Jones V, Power M, et al. Transcriptional targets of TWIST1 in the cranial mesoderm regulate cell-matrix interactions and mesenchyme maintenance. Dev Biol. 2016;418:189-203 pubmed publisher..Three direct transcriptional targets of TWIST1 (Ddr2, Pcolce and Tgfbi) were validated by ChIP-PCR using mouse embryonic tissues and by luciferase assays...
- Ferguson J, Mikesh M, Wheeler E, LeBaron R. Developmental expression patterns of Beta-ig (betaIG-H3) and its function as a cell adhesion protein. Mech Dev. 2003;120:851-64 pubmed..Taken together, the results indicate that Beta-ig is expressed principally in collagen-rich tissues where it may interact with cells and ECM molecules, perhaps playing a role in tissue morphogenesis. ..
- Thapa N, Kang K, Kim I. Beta ig-h3 mediates osteoblast adhesion and inhibits differentiation. Bone. 2005;36:232-42 pubmed..We suggest that these interacting integrins may play an important role in betaig-h3-mediated inhibition of osteoblast differentiation. ..
- Mahoney J, Mori M, Szymaniak A, Varelas X, Cardoso W. The hippo pathway effector Yap controls patterning and differentiation of airway epithelial progenitors. Dev Cell. 2014;30:137-50 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal a role for the Hippo-Yap pathway in integrating growth-factor-induced cues in the developing and adult lung potentially key for homeostasis and regeneration repair. ..
- Lee J, Lee E, Kim I, Kim J. Tgfbi deficiency leads to a reduction in skeletal size and degradation of the bone matrix. Calcif Tissue Int. 2015;96:56-64 pubmed publisherTransforming growth factor-Î²-induced gene product-h3 (TGFBI/BIGH3) is an extracellular matrix protein expressed in a wide variety of tissues...
- Ferguson J, Thoma B, Mikesh M, Kramer R, Bennett K, Purchio A, et al. The extracellular matrix protein betaIG-H3 is expressed at myotendinous junctions and supports muscle cell adhesion. Cell Tissue Res. 2003;313:93-105 pubmed
- Ahlfeld S, Wang J, Gao Y, Snider P, Conway S. Initial Suppression of Transforming Growth Factor-Î² Signaling and Loss of TGFBI Causes Early Alveolar Structural Defects Resulting in Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia. Am J Pathol. 2016;186:777-93 pubmed publisher..Significantly, we found that the TGF-Î²-induced matricellular protein (TGFBI) was similarly biphasically altered in response to hyperoxia...
- Chen F, Desai T, Qian J, Niederreither K, LU J, Cardoso W. Inhibition of Tgf beta signaling by endogenous retinoic acid is essential for primary lung bud induction. Development. 2007;134:2969-79 pubmed..Our data support a novel mechanism of RA-Tgfbeta-Fgf10 interactions in the developing foregut, in which endogenous RA controls Tgfbeta activity in the prospective lung field to allow local expression of Fgf10 and induction of lung buds. ..
- Allaman Pillet N, Oberson A, Schorderet D. Bigh3 silencing increases retinoblastoma tumor growth in the murine SV40-TAg-Rb model. Oncotarget. 2017;8:15490-15506 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that BIGH3 acts as a tumor suppressor in the retina. ..
- Han M, Kim J, Shin H, Kim I. Expression patterns of betaig-h3 in chondrocyte differentiation during endochondral ossification. Exp Mol Med. 2008;40:453-60 pubmed..These results suggest that betaig-h3 may play a critical role as a regulator of chondrogenic differentiation in endochondral ossification. ..