Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Tff3
Description: trefoil factor 3, intestinal
Alias: ITF, mITF, intestinal trefoil factor, trefoil factor 3
- Hyperactive Wnt signaling changes the developmental potential of embryonic lung endodermTadashi Okubo
Department of Cell Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Biol 3:11. 2004..The full range of effects of this pathway, which includes the transcription factor Lef1, has not been explored, however...
- Lack of Tff3 peptide results in hearing impairment and accelerated presbyacusisMaria Lubka
Division of Molecular Genetics, University of Tubingen, Germany
Cell Physiol Biochem 21:437-44. 2008..Here we present new data about Tff3 expression in the cochlea of the rodent inner ear...
- Soy protein diet, but not Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG, decreases mucin-1, trefoil factor-3, and tumor necrosis factor-α in colon of dextran sodium sulfate-treated C57BL/6 miceHuanyi Jiang
Interdepartmental Graduate Program in Nutritional Sciences, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
J Nutr 141:1239-46. 2011..There was no overall effect of LGG on these measurements. In conclusion, soy protein suppressed the DSS-induced inflammatory stimulation of MUC, TFF, and TNFα gene expression independently of LGG...
- Molecular cloning of mouse intestinal trefoil factor and its expression during goblet cell changesM Tomita
Department of Parasitology, Miyazaki Medical College, Japan
Biochem J 311:293-7. 1995A cDNA encoding mouse intestinal trefoil factor (mITF) was successfully cloned and sequenced from the small intestine of C57BL/6 mouse by using the combination of reverse transcription-PCR and rapid amplification of cDNA ends methods...
- Fetal onset of aberrant gene expression relevant to pulmonary carcinogenesis in lung adenocarcinoma development induced by in utero arsenic exposureJun Shen
Inorganic Carcinogenesis Section, Laboratory of Comparative Carcinogenesis, National Cancer Institute at National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Toxicol Sci 95:313-20. 2007..These data provide evidence that arsenic-induced aberrant ER signaling could disrupt early life stage genetic programing in the lung leading eventually to lung tumor formation much later in adulthood...
- Modulation of Aire regulates the expression of tissue-restricted antigensVivian Kont
Molecular Pathology, Biomedicum, Tartu University, Ravila 19, 50411 Tartu, Estonia
Mol Immunol 45:25-33. 2008..The data underline a direct role for Aire in TRA expression and suggest that modulation of Aire has a potential to control central tolerance and autoimmunity...
- Independent functions and mechanisms for homeobox gene Barx1 in patterning mouse stomach and spleenByeong Moo Kim
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Development 134:3603-13. 2007..These observations place Barx1 proximally within a Wt1 pathway of spleen development and reveal how a homeotic regulator employs different molecular mechanisms to mold neighboring organs...
- Multifaceted transcriptional regulation of the murine intestinal mucus layer by endogenous microbiotaElena M Comelli
Department of Nutrition and Health, Nestle Research Center, 1000 Lausanne 26, Switzerland
Genomics 91:70-7. 2008..We found that the expression of mucins 1 to 4 and trefoil factor 3 was down-regulated in the ileum and colon of conventional and reconventionalized mice compared with germ-free ..
- FGF10 maintains distal lung bud epithelium and excessive signaling leads to progenitor state arrest, distalization, and goblet cell metaplasiaPia Nyeng
Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Lerner Research Institute, Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland Ohio, USA
BMC Dev Biol 8:2. 2008..Previous studies have shown that this requirement for Fgf10 is due in part to its role as a chemotactic factor during branching morphogenesis. In other endodermal organs Fgf10 also plays a role in regulating differentiation...
- Intestinal trefoil factor/TFF3 promotes re-epithelialization of corneal woundsFriedrich P Paulsen
Department of Anatomy, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, D 06097 Halle, Germany
J Biol Chem 283:13418-27. 2008..study using cornea as a model, we demonstrate the importance of trefoil factor 3 (TFF3, also known as intestinal trefoil factor) in re-epithelialization of wounds...
- A Gata6-Wnt pathway required for epithelial stem cell development and airway regenerationYuzhen Zhang
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, 956 BRB II III, 421 Curie Boulevard, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Nat Genet 40:862-70. 2008..Together, these data demonstrate that Gata6-regulated Wnt signaling controls the balance between progenitor expansion and epithelial differentiation required for both lung development and regeneration...
- Colitis-associated variant of TLR2 causes impaired mucosal repair because of TFF3 deficiencyDaniel K Podolsky
Department of Internal Medicine, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
Gastroenterology 137:209-20. 2009..The aim of this study was to determine whether Toll-like receptor (TLR) 2 and modulation of GC-derived trefoil factor (TFF) 3 are functionally linked in the intestine...
- Hepatocyte nuclear factor 4alpha contributes to an intestinal epithelial phenotype in vitro and plays a partial role in mouse intestinal epithelium differentiationJean Philippe Babeu
Département d Anatomie et de Biologie Cellulaire, Universite de Sherbrooke, Canadian Institutes of Health Research Team on Digestive Epithelium, Sherbrooke, QC J1H 5N4, Canada
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 297:G124-34. 2009....
- The ets-domain transcription factor Spdef promotes maturation of goblet and paneth cells in the intestinal epitheliumAlex Gregorieff
Hubrecht Institute, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Gastroenterology 137:1333-45.e1-3. 2009..In this study, we investigated the role of the Wnt-responsive, Ets-domain transcription factor Spdef in the differentiation of goblet and Paneth cells...
- Exploring the interplay of barrier function and leukocyte recruitment in intestinal inflammation by targeting fucosyltransferase VII and trefoil factor 3P L Beck
Gastrointestinal Research Group, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2N 4N1
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 299:G43-53. 2010..b>Trefoil factor 3 (TFF3) is involved in both protecting the intestinal epithelium against injury as well as aiding in wound ..
- Downregulation of trefoil factor 3 gene expression in the colon of the senescence-accelerated mouse (SAM)-P6 revealed by oligonucleotide microarray analysisTakaaki Kawashima
Public Health and Nutrition, Graduate School of Human Health Science, Siebold University of Nagasaki
Biomed Res 31:169-75. 2010..These results suggest that a diminution of the intestinal trefoil factor system may be involved in the acceleration of aging in SAM-P6 mice.
- Altered expression of securin (Pttg1) and serpina3n in the auditory system of hearing-impaired Tff3-deficient miceM Lubka-Pathak
Division of Molecular Genetics, Institute of Human Genetics, University of Tubingen, Wilhelmstraße, Germany
Cell Mol Life Sci 68:2739-49. 2011b>Tff3 peptide exerts important functions in cytoprotection and restitution of the gastrointestinal (GI) tract epithelia. Moreover, its presence in the rodent inner ear and involvement in the hearing process was demonstrated recently...
- The intestinal factor Tff3 and a miRNA network regulate murine caloric metabolismAftab Ali Shah
Division of Molecular Genetics, Institute of Human Genetics, University of Tubingen, Germany
RNA Biol 8:77-81. 2011..The trefoil peptides also appear involved in caloric metabolism. Monitoring global miRNA expression of Tff3 deficient mice points to an interplay of Tff3 with a miRNA regulatory network...
- Gene expression profile analysis of mouse colon embryonic developmentYoung Kyu Park
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Genesis 41:1-12. 2005....
- Frequent trefoil factor 3 (TFF3) overexpression and promoter hypomethylation in mouse and human hepatocellular carcinomasHaruhiko Okada
Department of Cancer Genetics, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Int J Oncol 26:369-77. 2005Expression profiling analysis revealed ectopic high expression of mouse TFF3 in non-tumor liver tissues from the hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) susceptible PWK/Rbrc strain...
- Structure and expression of murine intestinal trefoil factor: high evolutionary conservation and postnatal expressionH Mashimo
Gastrointestinal Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston 02114, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 210:31-7. 1995b>Intestinal Trefoil Factor (ITF) is a member of a family of gastrointestinal tract peptides with region-specific expression which are enhanced at sites of injury and repair...
- The gene encoding mouse intestinal trefoil factor: structural organization, partial sequence analysis and mapping to murine chromosome 17qR Chinery
Histopathology Unit, Imperial Cancer Research Fund, London, UK
Gene 171:249-53. 1996..In the present study, the nucleotide sequence of a large portion (81%) of the gene encoding murine intestinal trefoil factor (mITF) and its whole genomic organization were determined...
- Gastric mucosa abnormalities and tumorigenesis in mice lacking the pS2 trefoil proteinO Lefebvre
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS INSERM Université Louis Pasteur Collège de France, Communaute Urbaine de Strasbourg, France
Science 274:259-62. 1996..These results indicate that mpS2 is essential for normal differentiation of the antral and pyloric gastric mucosa and may function as a gastric-specific tumor suppressor gene...
- Impaired defense of intestinal mucosa in mice lacking intestinal trefoil factorH Mashimo
Gastrointestinal Unit and Center for the Study of Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Jackson 7, Massachusetts General Hospital, Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Science 274:262-5. 1996..The gene encoding intestinal trefoil factor (ITF), a protein secreted throughout the small intestine and colon, was rendered nonfunctional in mice ..
- The trefoil gene maps to mouse chromosome 17M Burmeister
Mental Health Research Institute, Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, 205 Zina Pitcher Place, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-0720, USA
Mamm Genome 8:223-4. 1997
- Mapping and cloning recombinant breakpoints demarcating the hybrid sterility 6-specific sperm tail assembly defectS A Samant
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Temple University School of Medicine, 3400 North Broad Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19140, USA
Mamm Genome 10:88-94. 1999..In addition, we have provided increased high-resolution mapping of the Stop1p and Ccub factors. These new data enhance our ability to isolate and characterize candidates for Tcd/Tcs2...
- Genomic structure and chromosomal mapping of the mouse transcription factor TEF-5 (Tead3) geneP Jacquemin
, CNRS/INSERM/ULP, 1, rue Laurent Fries, , France
Mamm Genome 10:632-4. 1999
- Trefoil factor family (TFF)-domain peptides in the mouse: embryonic gastrointestinal expression and wounding responseW R Otto
Histopathology Unit, Imperial Cancer Research Fund, London, UK
Anat Embryol (Berl) 199:499-508. 1999..Afterwards, TFF2 was confined to the gastric region. TFF3 was in the stomach at E13. On E15 and 16 TFF3 was ubiquitous, except for E15 caecum...
- Goblet-cell-specific transcription of mouse intestinal trefoil factor gene results from collaboration of complex series of positive and negative regulatory elementsH Itoh
Gastrointestinal Unit and Center for the Study of Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 32 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Biochem J 341:461-72. 1999b>Intestinal trefoil factor (ITF) is expressed selectively in intestinal goblet cells...
- An axonemal dynein at the Hybrid Sterility 6 locus: implications for t haplotype-specific male sterility and the evolution of species barriersJ Fossella
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey 08540, USA
Mamm Genome 11:8-15. 2000..Our results argue that Dnahc8 is fundamental to flagellar organization and function in Domesticus, but not Spretus, and suggest that Dnahc8 is integral to both Hst6- and t-specific male infertility...
- pS2/TFF1 interacts directly with the VWFC cysteine-rich domains of mucinsC Tomasetto
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire IGBMC, CNRS INSERM Unité 184 ULP, Illkirch, France
Gastroenterology 118:70-80. 2000..Moreover, pS2/TFF1 is essential for normal differentiation of the gastric mucosa because deficient mice develop antropyloric adenomas. To date, it is unclear how TFFs mediate their functions...
- Mouse Trefoil factor genes: genomic organization, sequences and methylation analysesS Ribieras
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS INSERM U184 ULP, BP 163, 67404 Illkirch Cedex, C U de, Strasbourg, France
Gene 266:67-75. 2001The mammalian Trefoil Factors (TFFs), TFF1/pS2, TFF2/SP and TFF3/ITF, are expressed and secreted throughout the gastrointestinal tract with a specific and complementary pattern...
- Effect of ectopic expression of rat trefoil factor family 3 (intestinal trefoil factor) in the jejunum of transgenic miceT Marchbank
Department of Gastroenterology, Hammersmith Hospital, Imperial College School of Medicine, London W12 0NN, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 276:24088-96. 2001..of which is up-regulated at sites of injury, we have produced transgenic mice that chronically express rat TFF3 within the jejunum (using a rat fatty acid-binding protein promoter)...
- Reciprocal regulation of gastrointestinal homeostasis by SHP2 and STAT-mediated trefoil gene activation in gp130 mutant miceNiall C Tebbutt
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Nat Med 8:1089-97. 2002..are highly similar to the phenotypes exhibited by mice deficient in trefoil factor 1 (pS2/TFF1) and intestinal trefoil factor (ITF)/TFF3, respectively, and corresponded closely with the capacity of the two pathways to stimulate ..
- Chemotherapy- and radiotherapy-induced intestinal damage is regulated by intestinal trefoil factorP L Beck
Gastrointestinal Research Group, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Gastroenterology 126:796-808. 2004..Studies were undertaken to define the role of intestinal trefoil factor in modulating the intestinal response to chemotherapy and radiation.