Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TER-119
Description: lymphocyte antigen 76
Alias: TER-119, Ter119, lymphocyte antigen 76
- Hartmann D, De Strooper B, Serneels L, Craessaerts K, Herreman A, Annaert W, et al. The disintegrin/metalloprotease ADAM 10 is essential for Notch signalling but not for alpha-secretase activity in fibroblasts. Hum Mol Genet. 2002;11:2615-24 pubmed..Thus, the observed variability, together with recent reports on tissue-specific expression patterns of ADAMs 9, 10 and 17, points to the existence of tissue-specific 'teams' of different proteases exerting alpha-secretase activity. ..
- Li T, Ramirez K, Palacios R. Distinct patterns of Fas cell surface expression during development of T- or B-lymphocyte lineages in normal, scid, and mutant mice lacking or overexpressing p53, bcl-2, or rag-2 genes. Cell Growth Differ. 1996;7:107-14 pubmed
- Suzuki T, Kanai Y, Hara T, Sasaki J, Sasaki T, Kohara M, et al. Crucial role of the small GTPase ARF6 in hepatic cord formation during liver development. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:6149-56 pubmed..These results provide evidence that ARF6 is an essential component in the signaling pathway coupling HGF signaling to hepatic cord formation. ..
- Arimitsu N, Akimitsu N, Kotani N, Takasaki S, Kina T, Hamamoto H, et al. Glycophorin A requirement for expression of O-linked antigens on the erythrocyte membrane. Genes Cells. 2003;8:769-77 pubmed..These interactions of GPA and other glycoproteins may contribute to maintaining the physical strength of the erythrocyte membrane. ..
- Watanabe T, Nakagawa K, Ohata S, Kitagawa D, Nishitai G, Seo J, et al. SEK1/MKK4-mediated SAPK/JNK signaling participates in embryonic hepatoblast proliferation via a pathway different from NF-kappaB-induced anti-apoptosis. Dev Biol. 2002;250:332-47 pubmed..Thus, SEK1 appears to play a crucial role in hepatoblast proliferation and survival in a manner apparently different from NF-kappaB or c-Jun. ..
- Sui Z, Nowak R, Bacconi A, Kim N, Liu H, Li J, et al. Tropomodulin3-null mice are embryonic lethal with anemia due to impaired erythroid terminal differentiation in the fetal liver. Blood. 2014;123:758-67 pubmed publisher..indicates increased apoptosis of Tmod3(-/-) erythroblasts, and cell-cycle analysis reveals that there are more Ter119(hi) cells in S-phase in Tmod3(-/-) embryos...
- Benito JardÃ³n M, Klapproth S, Gimeno LLuch I, Petzold T, Bharadwaj M, MÃ¼ller D, et al. The fibronectin synergy site re-enforces cell adhesion and mediates a crosstalk between integrin classes. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate a critical role for the FN synergy site when external forces exceed a certain threshold or when Î±vÎ²3 integrin levels decrease below a critical level. ..
- Takayanagi S, Hiroyama T, Yamazaki S, Nakajima T, Morita Y, Usui J, et al. Genetic marking of hematopoietic stem and endothelial cells: identification of the Tmtsp gene encoding a novel cell surface protein with the thrombospondin-1 domain. Blood. 2006;107:4317-25 pubmed
- Liebl J, Zhang S, Moser M, Agalarov Y, Demir C, Hager B, et al. Cdk5 controls lymphatic vessel development and function by phosphorylation of Foxc2. Nat Commun. 2015;6:7274 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings show that Cdk5-Foxc2 interaction represents a critical regulator of lymphatic vessel development and the transcriptional network underlying lymphatic vascular remodeling. ..
- Mok H, Mendoza M, Prchal J, Balogh P, Schumacher A. Dysregulation of ferroportin 1 interferes with spleen organogenesis in polycythaemia mice. Development. 2004;131:4871-81 pubmed..Thus, aberrant Fpn1 regulation and iron homeostasis interferes with development of the spleen stroma during embryogenesis, resulting in a novel defect in spleen architecture postnatally. ..
- Wilson C, Parker L, Hall C, Smyczek T, Mak J, Crow A, et al. Rasip1 regulates vertebrate vascular endothelial junction stability through Epac1-Rap1 signaling. Blood. 2013;122:3678-90 pubmed publisher..Our data show that RASIP1 regulates the integrity of newly formed blood vessels as an effector of EPAC1-RAP1 signaling...
- Machon O, Masek J, Machonova O, Krauss S, Kozmik Z. Meis2 is essential for cranial and cardiac neural crest development. BMC Dev Biol. 2015;15:40 pubmed publisher..Meis2-null mice are embryonic lethal. Our results reveal a critical role of Meis2 during cranial and cardiac neural crest cells development in mouse. ..
- Rupec R, Jundt F, Rebholz B, Eckelt B, Weindl G, Herzinger T, et al. Stroma-mediated dysregulation of myelopoiesis in mice lacking I kappa B alpha. Immunity. 2005;22:479-91 pubmed..In summary, we show that cell-fate decisions leading to a premalignant hematopoietic disorder can be initiated by nonhematopoietic cells with inactive I kappa B alpha. ..
- Ferkowicz M, Starr M, Xie X, Li W, Johnson S, Shelley W, et al. CD41 expression defines the onset of primitive and definitive hematopoiesis in the murine embryo. Development. 2003;130:4393-403 pubmed
- Lee S, Lee S, Yang H, Song S, Kim K, Saunders T, et al. Notch pathway targets proangiogenic regulator Sox17 to restrict angiogenesis. Circ Res. 2014;115:215-26 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that the Notch pathway restricts sprouting angiogenesis by reducing the expression of proangiogenic regulator Sox17. ..
- Postel E, Wohlman I, Zou X, Juan T, Sun N, D Agostin D, et al. Targeted deletion of Nm23/nucleoside diphosphate kinase A and B reveals their requirement for definitive erythropoiesis in the mouse embryo. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:775-87 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Nm23/NDPKs play critical roles in definitive erythroid development. Our novel mouse model also links erythropoiesis and nucleotide metabolism. ..
- Lee L, Ghorbanian Y, Wang W, Wang Y, Kim Y, Weissman I, et al. LYVE1 Marks the Divergence of Yolk Sac Definitive Hemogenic Endothelium from the Primitive Erythroid Lineage. Cell Rep. 2016;17:2286-2298 pubmed publisher..Lyve1-Cre thus marks the divergence between YS primitive and definitive hematopoiesis and provides a tool for targeting YS definitive hematopoiesis and FL colonization. ..
- Ma S, Santhosh D, Kumar T P, Huang Z. A Brain-Region-Specific Neural Pathway Regulating Germinal Matrix Angiogenesis. Dev Cell. 2017;41:366-381.e4 pubmed publisher..They also identify tissue-specific molecular targets for GM hemorrhage intervention. ..
- Uhrin P, Zaujec J, Breuss J, Olcaydu D, Chrenek P, Stockinger H, et al. Novel function for blood platelets and podoplanin in developmental separation of blood and lymphatic circulation. Blood. 2010;115:3997-4005 pubmed publisher..Therefore, interaction of endothelial podoplanin of the developing lymph sac with circulating platelets from the cardinal vein is critical for separating the lymphatic from the blood vascular system...
- Suzuki Inoue K, Inoue O, Ding G, Nishimura S, Hokamura K, Eto K, et al. Essential in vivo roles of the C-type lectin receptor CLEC-2: embryonic/neonatal lethality of CLEC-2-deficient mice by blood/lymphatic misconnections and impaired thrombus formation of CLEC-2-deficient platelets. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:24494-507 pubmed publisher..We propose that CLEC-2 could be an ideal novel target protein for an anti-platelet drug, which inhibits pathological thrombus formation but not physiological hemostasis. ..
- Marine J, McKay C, Wang D, Topham D, Parganas E, Nakajima H, et al. SOCS3 is essential in the regulation of fetal liver erythropoiesis. Cell. 1999;98:617-27 pubmed..Reconstitution of lymphoid lineages in JAK3-deficient mice also occurs normally. The results demonstrate that SOCS3 is critical in negatively regulating fetal liver hematopoiesis. ..
- Hartner J, Schmittwolf C, Kispert A, Müller A, Higuchi M, Seeburg P. Liver disintegration in the mouse embryo caused by deficiency in the RNA-editing enzyme ADAR1. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:4894-902 pubmed..Thus, ADAR1 subserves critical steps in developing non-nervous tissue, which are likely to include transcript editing. ..
- Prasitsak T, Nandar M, Okuhara S, Ichinose S, Ota M, Iseki S. Foxc1 is required for early stage telencephalic vascular development. Dev Dyn. 2015;244:703-11 pubmed publisher..These observations reveal an essential role for Foxc1 in the early stage of vascular formation in the telencephalon. ..
- Ogawa M, Matsuzaki Y, Hayashi S, Kunisada T, Sudo T, Kina T, et al. Expression and function of c-kit in hemopoietic progenitor cells. J Exp Med. 1991;174:63-71 pubmed..These results provide direct evidence that c-kit is an essential molecule for constitutive intramarrow hemopoiesis, especially for the self-renewal of hemopoietic progenitor cells at various stages of differentiation. ..
- Moriggl R, Topham D, Teglund S, Sexl V, McKay C, Wang D, et al. Stat5 is required for IL-2-induced cell cycle progression of peripheral T cells. Immunity. 1999;10:249-59 pubmed..These phenotypes are not seen in mice lacking Stat5a or Stat5b alone. The results demonstrate that the Stat5 proteins, redundantly, are essential mediators of IL-2 signaling in T cells. ..
- Arnold T, Niaudet C, Pang M, Siegenthaler J, Gaengel K, Jung B, et al. Excessive vascular sprouting underlies cerebral hemorrhage in mice lacking Î±VÎ²8-TGFÎ² signaling in the brain. Development. 2014;141:4489-99 pubmed publisher..Our data therefore suggest that abnormal vascular sprouting and patterning, not BBB dysfunction, underlie developmental cerebral hemorrhage. ..
- Hikosaka K, Ikutani M, Shito M, Kazuma K, Gulshan M, Nagai Y, et al. Deficiency of nicotinamide mononucleotide adenylyltransferase 3 (nmnat3) causes hemolytic anemia by altering the glycolytic flow in mature erythrocytes. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:14796-811 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate the critical roles of Nmnat3 in maintenance of the NAD pool in mature erythrocytes and the physiological impacts at its absence in mice. ..
- Kim B, Miletich I, Mao J, McMahon A, Sharpe P, Shivdasani R. Independent functions and mechanisms for homeobox gene Barx1 in patterning mouse stomach and spleen. Development. 2007;134:3603-13 pubmed..These observations place Barx1 proximally within a Wt1 pathway of spleen development and reveal how a homeotic regulator employs different molecular mechanisms to mold neighboring organs. ..
- Clotman F, Jacquemin P, Plumb Rudewiez N, Pierreux C, Van Der Smissen P, Dietz H, et al. Control of liver cell fate decision by a gradient of TGF beta signaling modulated by Onecut transcription factors. Genes Dev. 2005;19:1849-54 pubmed..Thus, a gradient of activin/TGFbeta signaling modulated by Onecut factors is required to segregate the hepatocytic and the biliary lineages. ..
- Castagnaro L, Lenti E, Maruzzelli S, Spinardi L, Migliori E, Farinello D, et al. Nkx2-5(+)islet1(+) mesenchymal precursors generate distinct spleen stromal cell subsets and participate in restoring stromal network integrity. Immunity. 2013;38:782-91 pubmed publisher..These findings identify progenitor cells that generate stromal diversity in spleen development and repair and suggest the existence of multipotent stromal progenitors in the adult spleen with regenerative capacity...
- Zhao Q, Chang C, Gonzalez J, Alzahrani K, Button J, Fraidenraich D. Combined Id1 and Id3 Deletion Leads to Severe Erythropoietic Disturbances. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0154480 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings demonstrate that loss of Id compensation leads to dysregulation of the hematopoietic transcriptional network and multiple defects in erythropoietic development in adult mice. ..
- James J, Nalbandian A, Mukouyama Y. TGF? signaling is required for sprouting lymphangiogenesis during lymphatic network development in the skin. Development. 2013;140:3903-14 pubmed publisher..These data suggest a dual role for TGF? signaling during lymphatic network morphogenesis in the skin, such that it enhances LEC sprouting and branching complexity while attenuating LEC proliferation. ..
- Kitajima K, Kojima M, Nakajima K, Kondo S, Hara T, Miyajima A, et al. Definitive but not primitive hematopoiesis is impaired in jumonji mutant mice. Blood. 1999;93:87-95 pubmed..These results suggest that an environmental defect induce the impaired hematopoiesis in the fetal liver of jumonji mutant embryos. ..
- Francois M, Short K, Secker G, Combes A, Schwarz Q, Davidson T, et al. Segmental territories along the cardinal veins generate lymph sacs via a ballooning mechanism during embryonic lymphangiogenesis in mice. Dev Biol. 2012;364:89-98 pubmed publisher..Our data support a new model for lymphatic vascular patterning and morphogenesis, as a basis for identifying the molecular cues governing these processes...
- Carotta S, Pilat S, Mairhofer A, Schmidt U, Dolznig H, Steinlein P, et al. Directed differentiation and mass cultivation of pure erythroid progenitors from mouse embryonic stem cells. Blood. 2004;104:1873-80 pubmed..In addition, the system allows detailed characterization of processes during erythroid proliferation and differentiation using wild-type (wt) and genetically modified ES cells. ..
- Berahovich R, Zabel B, Penfold M, Lewén S, Wang Y, Miao Z, et al. CXCR7 protein is not expressed on human or mouse leukocytes. J Immunol. 2010;185:5130-9 pubmed publisher..These studies therefore suggest that, whereas CXCR7 protein is expressed by primitive RBCs during murine embryonic development, in adult mammals CXCR7 protein is not expressed by normal peripheral blood cells. ..
- Baudino T, McKay C, Pendeville Samain H, Nilsson J, Maclean K, White E, et al. c-Myc is essential for vasculogenesis and angiogenesis during development and tumor progression. Genes Dev. 2002;16:2530-43 pubmed..These findings support the model wherein c-Myc promotes cell growth and transformation, as well as vascular and hematopoietic development, by functioning as a master regulator of angiogenic factors. ..
- Wong B, Wang X, Zecchin A, Thienpont B, Cornelissen I, Kalucka J, et al. The role of fatty acid ?-oxidation in lymphangiogenesis. Nature. 2017;542:49-54 pubmed publisher..Notably, blockade of CPT1 enzymes inhibits injury-induced lymphangiogenesis, and replenishing acetyl coenzyme A by supplementing acetate rescues this process in vivo. ..
- Tai Nagara I, Yoshikawa Y, Numata N, Ando T, Okabe K, Sugiura Y, et al. Placental labyrinth formation in mice requires endothelial FLRT2/UNC5B signaling. Development. 2017;144:2392-2401 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the proper organization of the placental labyrinth depends on coordinated inter-endothelial repulsion, which prevents uncontrolled layering of the endothelium. ..
- Tahara N, Akiyama R, Theisen J, Kawakami H, Wong J, Garry D, et al. Gata6 restricts Isl1 to the posterior of nascent hindlimb buds through Isl1 cis-regulatory modules. Dev Biol. 2018;434:74-83 pubmed publisher..Our results support a model in which Gata6 contributes to repression of Isl1 expression in the anterior of nascent hindlimb buds. ..
- Kina T, Ikuta K, Takayama E, Wada K, Majumdar A, Weissman I, et al. The monoclonal antibody TER-119 recognizes a molecule associated with glycophorin A and specifically marks the late stages of murine erythroid lineage. Br J Haematol. 2000;109:280-7 pubmed..Further molecular and cellular analyses indicated that the TER-119 antigen is a molecule associated with cell-surface glycophorin A but not with glycophorin A itself. ..
- Serrano A, Gandillet A, Pearson S, Lacaud G, Kouskoff V. Contrasting effects of Sox17- and Sox18-sustained expression at the onset of blood specification. Blood. 2010;115:3895-8 pubmed publisher..Conversely, Sox17 remained marginally expressed during blood specification. Overall, our data uncover contrasting effect and expression pattern for Sox18 and Sox17 at the onset of hematopoiesis specification. ..
- Beck L, Leroy C, Beck Cormier S, Forand A, Salaun C, Paris N, et al. The phosphate transporter PiT1 (Slc20a1) revealed as a new essential gene for mouse liver development. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9148 pubmed publisher..This work is the first to illustrate a specific in vivo role for PiT1 by uncovering it as being a critical gene for normal developmental liver growth. ..
- Toyama H, Arai F, Hosokawa K, Ikushima Y, Suda T. N-cadherin+ HSCs in fetal liver exhibit higher long-term bone marrow reconstitution activity than N-cadherin- HSCs. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;428:354-9 pubmed publisher..5. The down-regulation of N-cad during FL hematopoiesis may help us better understand the regulation and mobility of HSCs before migration into BM. ..
- Zhang H, Degar B, Rogoulina S, Resor C, Booth C, Sinning J, et al. Hematopoiesis following disruption of the Pitx2 homeodomain gene. Exp Hematol. 2006;34:167-78 pubmed..Although the fetal livers of Pitx2 null embryos displayed signs of impaired erythropoiesis, Pitx2 gene disrupted HSCs can contribute to hematopoiesis under physiological conditions. ..
- Iavarone A, King E, Dai X, Leone G, Stanley E, Lasorella A. Retinoblastoma promotes definitive erythropoiesis by repressing Id2 in fetal liver macrophages. Nature. 2004;432:1040-5 pubmed..1, a master regulator of macrophage differentiation. Thus, Rb has a cell autonomous function in fetal liver macrophages, and restrains Id2 in these cells in order to implement definitive erythropoiesis. ..
- Peraki I, Palis J, Mavrothalassitis G. The Ets2 Repressor Factor (Erf) Is Required for Effective Primitive and Definitive Hematopoiesis. Mol Cell Biol. 2017;37: pubmed publisher..We conclude that Erf is required for both primitive and erythromyeloid progenitor waves of hematopoietic stem cell (HSC)-independent hematopoiesis as well as for the normal function of HSCs. ..
- Chhabra A, Lechner A, Ueno M, Acharya A, Van Handel B, Wang Y, et al. Trophoblasts regulate the placental hematopoietic niche through PDGF-B signaling. Dev Cell. 2012;22:651-9 pubmed publisher..These data provide genetic evidence of a signaling pathway that is required to restrict erythroid differentiation to specific anatomical niches during development. ..
- Dumitriu B, Bhattaram P, Dy P, Huang Y, Quayum N, Jensen J, et al. Sox6 is necessary for efficient erythropoiesis in adult mice under physiological and anemia-induced stress conditions. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e12088 pubmed publisher..It is primarily involved in enhancing the survival rate and maturation process of erythroid cells and acts at least in part by upregulating Bcl2l1. ..
- Porayette P, Paulson R. BMP4/Smad5 dependent stress erythropoiesis is required for the expansion of erythroid progenitors during fetal development. Dev Biol. 2008;317:24-35 pubmed publisher..These observations underscore the similarities between fetal erythropoiesis and stress erythropoiesis. ..
- IJpenberg A, Pérez Pomares J, Guadix J, Carmona R, Portillo Sánchez V, Macias D, et al. Wt1 and retinoic acid signaling are essential for stellate cell development and liver morphogenesis. Dev Biol. 2007;312:157-70 pubmed..Mechanistically, at least part of this effect is mediated via the retinoic acid signaling pathway. ..
- Di Rosa P, Villaescusa J, Longobardi E, Iotti G, Ferretti E, Diaz V, et al. The homeodomain transcription factor Prep1 (pKnox1) is required for hematopoietic stem and progenitor cell activity. Dev Biol. 2007;311:324-34 pubmed..1(+) (KSLA) cells and B-lymphocytes precursors agrees with the observed phenotype. We therefore conclude that Prep1 is required for a correct and complete hematopoiesis. ..
- Cantù C, Bosè F, Bianchi P, Reali E, Colzani M, Cantù I, et al. Defective erythroid maturation in gelsolin mutant mice. Haematologica. 2012;97:980-8 pubmed publisher..We suggest a non-redundant role for gelsolin in terminal erythroid differentiation, possibly contributing to the Gsn(-/-) mice lethality observed in mid-gestation. ..
- Alvarez S, DÃaz M, Flach J, Rodriguez Acebes S, LÃ³pez Contreras A, MartÃnez D, et al. Replication stress caused by low MCM expression limits fetal erythropoiesis and hematopoietic stem cell functionality. Nat Commun. 2015;6:8548 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that hematopoietic progenitors are particularly sensitive to replication stress, and full origin licensing ensures their correct differentiation and functionality. ..
- Watanabe D, Suetake I, Tajima S, Hanaoka K. Expression of Dnmt3b in mouse hematopoietic progenitor cells and spermatogonia at specific stages. Gene Expr Patterns. 2004;5:43-9 pubmed..While Dnmt3b was distributed in both the heterochromatin and euchromatin regions, Dnmt3a was specifically localized to the euchromatin region. ..
- Warren A, Colledge W, Carlton M, Evans M, Smith A, Rabbitts T. The oncogenic cysteine-rich LIM domain protein rbtn2 is essential for erythroid development. Cell. 1994;78:45-57 pubmed..This shows a pivotal role for a LIM domain protein in lineage specification during mammalian development and suggests that RBTN2 and GATA-1 are critical at similar stages of erythroid differentiation. ..
- Crosswhite P, Podsiadlowska J, Curtis C, Gao S, Xia L, Srinivasan R, et al. CHD4-regulated plasmin activation impacts lymphovenous hemostasis and hepatic vascular integrity. J Clin Invest. 2016;126:2254-66 pubmed publisher..These results highlight the susceptibility of LV thrombi and liver sinusoidal vessels to plasmin-mediated damage and demonstrate the importance of CHD4 in regulating embryonic plasmin activation after mid-gestation. ..