Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Tdrd1
Description: tudor domain containing 1
Alias: MTR-1, tudor domain-containing protein 1
- Chuma S, Hiyoshi M, Yamamoto A, Hosokawa M, Takamune K, Nakatsuji N. Mouse Tudor Repeat-1 (MTR-1) is a novel component of chromatoid bodies/nuages in male germ cells and forms a complex with snRNPs. Mech Dev. 2003;120:979-90 pubmed..These results suggest that MTR-1, which would provide novel insights into evolutionary comparison of nuages, functions in assembling snRNPs into cytoplasmic granules in germ cells. ..
- Shoji M, Tanaka T, Hosokawa M, Reuter M, Stark A, Kato Y, et al. The TDRD9-MIWI2 complex is essential for piRNA-mediated retrotransposon silencing in the mouse male germline. Dev Cell. 2009;17:775-87 pubmed publisher..distinct compartmentalization in processing bodies, and this TDRD9-MIWI2 localization is regulated by MILI and TDRD1 residing at intermitochondrial cement...
- Kojima K, Kuramochi Miyagawa S, Chuma S, Tanaka T, Nakatsuji N, Kimura T, et al. Associations between PIWI proteins and TDRD1/MTR-1 are critical for integrated subcellular localization in murine male germ cells. Genes Cells. 2009;14:1155-65 pubmed publisher..We found that both MILI and MIWI bind to TDRD1/MTR-1, which is also an essential protein for spermatogenesis...
- Pandey R, Tokuzawa Y, Yang Z, Hayashi E, Ichisaka T, Kajita S, et al. Tudor domain containing 12 (TDRD12) is essential for secondary PIWI interacting RNA biogenesis in mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:16492-7 pubmed publisher..TDRD12 is detected in complexes containing Piwi protein MILI (PIWIL2), its associated primary piRNAs, and TDRD1, all of which are already implicated in secondary piRNA biogenesis...
- Saxe J, Chen M, Zhao H, Lin H. Tdrkh is essential for spermatogenesis and participates in primary piRNA biogenesis in the germline. EMBO J. 2013;32:1869-85 pubmed publisher..Tdrkh is a mitochondrial protein often juxtaposed to pi-bodies and piP-bodies and is required for Tdrd1 cytoplasmic localization and Miwi2 nuclear localization...
- Xiol J, Cora E, Koglgruber R, Chuma S, Subramanian S, Hosokawa M, et al. A role for Fkbp6 and the chaperone machinery in piRNA amplification and transposon silencing. Mol Cell. 2012;47:970-9 pubmed publisher..We propose that the chaperone machinery normally ejects these inhibitory RNAs, allowing turnover of Piwi complexes for their continued participation in piRNA amplification...
- Vourekas A, Zheng K, Fu Q, Maragkakis M, Alexiou P, Ma J, et al. The RNA helicase MOV10L1 binds piRNA precursors to initiate piRNA processing. Genes Dev. 2015;29:617-29 pubmed publisher..Our results support a model in which MOV10L1 RNA helicase activity promotes unwinding and funneling of the single-stranded piRNA precursor transcripts to the endonuclease that catalyzes the first cleavage step of piRNA processing. ..
- De Fazio S, Bartonicek N, Di Giacomo M, Abreu Goodger C, Sankar A, Funaya C, et al. The endonuclease activity of Mili fuels piRNA amplification that silences LINE1 elements. Nature. 2011;480:259-63 pubmed publisher..In addition, the hallmarks of piRNA amplification are observed in Miwi2-deficient gonadocytes. We conclude that cycles of intra-Mili secondary piRNA biogenesis fuel piRNA amplification that is absolutely required for LINE1 silencing. ..
- Pan J, Goodheart M, Chuma S, Nakatsuji N, Page D, Wang P. RNF17, a component of the mammalian germ cell nuage, is essential for spermiogenesis. Development. 2005;132:4029-39 pubmed..Rnf17-null round spermatids advanced to step 4 but failed to produce sperm. These results have shown that RNF17 is a component of a novel germ cell nuage and is required for differentiation of male germ cells. ..
- Suzuki A, Igarashi K, Aisaki K, Kanno J, Saga Y. NANOS2 interacts with the CCR4-NOT deadenylation complex and leads to suppression of specific RNAs. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:3594-9 pubmed publisher..We propose from our current findings that NANOS2-interacting RNAs may be recruited to P-bodies and degraded by the enzymes contained therein through NANOS2-mediated deadenylation. ..
- Mathioudakis N, Palencia A, Kadlec J, Round A, Tripsianes K, Sattler M, et al. The multiple Tudor domain-containing protein TDRD1 is a molecular scaffold for mouse Piwi proteins and piRNA biogenesis factors. RNA. 2012;18:2056-72 pubmed publisher..We measured the binding affinity of the four individual extended Tudor domains (TDs) of murine TDRD1 protein for three different methylarginine-containing peptides from murine Piwi protein MILI...
- Okamura D, Maeda I, Taniguchi H, Tokitake Y, Ikeda M, Ozato K, et al. Cell cycle gene-specific control of transcription has a critical role in proliferation of primordial germ cells. Genes Dev. 2012;26:2477-82 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that CDKI gene-specific control of transcription by 7SK snRNP plays a pivotal role in the maintenance of PGC proliferation. ..
- Aravin A, van der Heijden G, Castañeda J, Vagin V, Hannon G, Bortvin A. Cytoplasmic compartmentalization of the fetal piRNA pathway in mice. PLoS Genet. 2009;5:e1000764 pubmed publisher..The first type of granules, pi-bodies, contains the MILI-TDRD1 module of the piRNA pathway and is likely equivalent to the enigmatic "cementing material" first ..
- Yamaji M, Tanaka T, Shigeta M, Chuma S, Saga Y, Saitou M. Functional reconstruction of NANOS3 expression in the germ cell lineage by a novel transgenic reporter reveals distinct subcellular localizations of NANOS3. Reproduction. 2010;139:381-93 pubmed publisher..These findings unveil the presence of distinct posttranscriptional regulations in PGCs soon after their specification, for which RNA-binding proteins such as NANOS3 and TIAL1 would play critical functions. ..
- Watanabe T, Chuma S, Yamamoto Y, Kuramochi Miyagawa S, Totoki Y, Toyoda A, et al. MITOPLD is a mitochondrial protein essential for nuage formation and piRNA biogenesis in the mouse germline. Dev Cell. 2011;20:364-75 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate a conserved role for MITOPLD/Zuc in the piRNA pathway and link mitochondrial membrane metabolism/signaling to small RNA biogenesis. ..