Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Tcte3
Description: t-complex-associated testis expressed 3
Alias: D17Leh117c, LC2, Tcte-3, Tctex-2, Tctex-4, Tctex2, Tctex4, tctex1 domain-containing protein 3, T-complex testis-specific protein 2, T-complex testis-specific protein 3, T-complex-associated testis-expressed protein 3, T-complex-associated testis-expressed protein 4, t-complex testis-expressed 4
- Rappold G, Trowsdale J, Lichter P. Assignment of the human homologue of the mouse t-complex gene TCTE3 to human chromosome 6q27. Genomics. 1992;13:1337-9 pubmedThe gene TCTE3 from the mouse t-complex region is expressed specifically in testicular germ cells...
- Rappold G, Stubbs L, Labeit S, Crkvenjakov R, Lehrach H. Identification of a testis-specific gene from the mouse t-complex next to a CpG-rich island. EMBO J. 1987;6:1975-80 pubmed..Sequence analysis verified the existence of a CpG-rich element on the 5' end of the gene and predicts a unique protein species with no significant homologies to those previously determined. ..
- DiBella L, Benashski S, Tedford H, Harrison A, Patel King R, King S. The Tctex1/Tctex2 class of dynein light chains. Dimerization, differential expression, and interaction with the LC8 protein family. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:14366-73 pubmedThe Tctex1/Tctex2 family of dynein light chains associates with the intermediate chains at the base of the soluble dynein particle. These components are essential for dynein assembly and participate in specific motor-cargo interactions...
- Bai X, Chan E, Xu X. The protein of a new gene, Tctex4, interacts with protein kinase CK2beta subunit and is highly expressed in mouse testis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;307:86-91 pubmed..isolated a cDNA clone encoding a 14-kDa protein with homology to dynein light chains and have designated it as Tctex4. CK2beta interacts specifically with Tctex4 both in a yeast two-hybrid system and in an in vitro interaction assay...
- Malcov M, Cesarkas K, Stelzer G, Shalom S, Dicken Y, Naor Y, et al. Aym1, a mouse meiotic gene identified by virtue of its ability to activate early meiotic genes in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Dev Biol. 2004;276:111-23 pubmed..The potential functional relationship between AYM1 and yeast proteins that regulate expression of early meiotic genes is discussed. ..
- Lader E, Ha H, O Neill M, Artzt K, Bennett D. tctex-1: a candidate gene family for a mouse t complex sterility locus. Cell. 1989;58:969-79 pubmed..The aberrant expression of tctex-1 is solely dependent on the t haplotype genes and occurs only in germ cells. The chromosomal location and pattern of expression of tctex-1 make it a candidate for involvement in male sterility. ..
- Himmelbauer H, Artzt K, Barlow D, Fischer Lindahl K, Lyon M, Klein J, et al. Encyclopedia of the mouse genome III. October 1993. Mouse chromosome 17. Mamm Genome. 1993;4 Spec No:S230-52 pubmed
- Li B, Nair M, Mackay D, Bilanchone V, Hu M, Fallahi M, et al. Ovol1 regulates meiotic pachytene progression during spermatogenesis by repressing Id2 expression. Development. 2005;132:1463-73 pubmed..Taken together, our studies demonstrate a role for Ovol1 in regulating pachytene progression of male germ cells, and identify Id2 as a Ovol1 target. ..