Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Tcp1
Description: t-complex protein 1
Alias: AI528772, CCT, Cct1, Ccta, TRic, Tcp-1, Tp63, c-cpn, p63, T-complex protein 1 subunit alpha, CCT-alpha, T-complex protein 1 subunit alpha A, T-complex protein 1 subunit alpha B, TCP-1-A, TCP-1-B, TCP-1-alpha, t-complex polypeptide 1, tailless complex polypeptide 1A, tailless complex polypeptide 1B
- Paldi A, Jami J. Tcp-1 gene is not responsible for the maternal lethality effect of Thp mutation in mice. Dev Biol. 1991;143:374-7 pubmed..In addition, the paternal and maternal Tcp-1 alleles had identical methylation patterns. These results indicate that Tcp-1 is not responsible for the maternal lethality effect, and therefore is not located at the Tme locus. ..
- Pilder S, Hammer M, Silver L. A novel mouse chromosome 17 hybrid sterility locus: implications for the origin of t haplotypes. Genetics. 1991;129:237-46 pubmed..domesticus background, and (2) t haplotypes would be transmitted at a ratio closer to Mendelian within the M. spretus background.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Yasue M, Serikawa T, Kuramoto T, Mori M, Higashiguchi T, Ishizaki K, et al. Chromosomal assignments of 17 structural genes and 11 related DNA fragments in rats (Rattus norvegicus) by Southern blot analysis of rat x mouse somatic cell hybrid clones. Genomics. 1992;12:659-64 pubmed..Syntenic conservation of the genes among rats, mice, and humans is discussed. ..
- Slater L, Hett E, Clatworthy A, Mark K, Hung D. CCT chaperonin complex is required for efficient delivery of anthrax toxin into the cytosol of host cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:9932-7 pubmed publisher..The cytosolic chaperonin complex chaperonin containing t-complex protein 1 (CCT) was identified, and subsequent studies showed that CCT is required for efficient delivery of LF and related fusion ..
- Brewer J, Solodushko V, Aragon I, Barrington R. Phosphatidylcholine as a metabolic cue for determining B cell fate and function. Cell Immunol. 2016;310:78-88 pubmed publisher..B cell-specific deletion of CTP:phosphocholine cytidylyltransferase ? (CCT?), the rate-limiting enzyme in the CDP-choline pathway, led to augmented IgM secretion and reduced IgG production, ..
- Posokhova E, Song H, Belcastro M, Higgins L, Bigley L, Michaud N, et al. Disruption of the chaperonin containing TCP-1 function affects protein networks essential for rod outer segment morphogenesis and survival. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2011;10:M110.000570 pubmed publisherType II Chaperonin Containing TCP-1 (CCT, also known as TCP-1 Ring Complex, TRiC) is a multi-subunit molecular machine thought to assist in the folding of ? 10% of newly translated cytosolic proteins in eukaryotes...
- SvanstrÃ¶m A, Grantham J. The molecular chaperone CCT modulates the activity of the actin filament severing and capping protein gelsolin in vitro. Cell Stress Chaperones. 2016;21:55-62 pubmed publisherThe oligomeric molecular chaperone CCT is essential for the folding of the highly abundant protein actin, which in its native state forms actin filaments that generate the traction forces required for cell motility...
- Kubota H, Hynes G, Carne A, Ashworth A, Willison K. Identification of six Tcp-1-related genes encoding divergent subunits of the TCP-1-containing chaperonin. Curr Biol. 1994;4:89-99 pubmed..We have named these genes, Cctb, Cctg, Cctd, Ccte, Cctz and Ccth, which encode the CCT beta, CCT gamma, CCT delta, CCT epsilon, CCT zeta and CCT eta subunits, respectively, of the 'Chaperonin Containing ..
- Kubota H, Morita T, Satta Y, Nozaki M, Matsushiro A. Nucleotide sequence of a mouse Tcp-1 pseudogene: a nucleotide record for a t complex gene carried by an ancestor of the mouse. Mamm Genome. 1992;2:246-51 pubmedWe have isolated clones of a processed pseudogene of mouse t complex polypeptide 1 (Tcp-1) and determined the nucleotide sequence of the pseudogene. The pseudogene was 1363 bp long and had no intron. The Tcp-1 pseudogene had 88.4% or 88...
- Sevigny G, Joly E, Bibor Hardy V, Lemieux N. Assignment of the human homologue of the mTRiC-P5 gene (TRIC5) to band 1q23 by fluorescence in situ hybridization. Genomics. 1994;22:634-6 pubmedThe TCP1 ring complex (TRiC) is a molecular chaperone involved in actin and tubulin folding. Little is known about the components of this complex...
- Kasembeli M, Lau W, Roh S, Eckols T, Frydman J, Chiu W, et al. Modulation of STAT3 folding and function by TRiC/CCT chaperonin. PLoS Biol. 2014;12:e1001844 pubmed publisher..Here we show that Stat3 is a novel substrate of the ring-shaped hetero-oligomeric eukaryotic chaperonin, TRiC/CCT, which contributes to its biosynthesis and activity in vitro and in vivo...
- Gregorova S, Mnuková Fajdelová M, Trachtulec Z, Capkova J, Loudova M, Hoglund M, et al. Sub-milliMorgan map of the proximal part of mouse Chromosome 17 including the hybrid sterility 1 gene. Mamm Genome. 1996;7:107-13 pubmed..The submilliMorgan map of the T-H2 region revealed significant clustering of (CA)n loci. The clustering, if shown to be a common feature in the mouse genome, may cause gaps in the physical map of the mouse genome. ..
- Mizuno K, Vincek V, Figueroa F, Klein J. The D17Tu5 locus in the t complex: implications for the origin of t haplotypes and inbred strains. Immunogenetics. 1989;30:105-11 pubmed..Their distribution between the two species of Mus and among the mice with T haplotypes suggests a relatively recent origin of the t haplotypes. ..
- Morita T, Kubota H, Murata K, Nozaki M, Delarbre C, Willison K, et al. Evolution of the mouse t haplotype: recent and worldwide introgression to Mus musculus. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:6851-5 pubmed..Hence, polymorphisms among t haplotypes including lethality factors have accumulated during this short time period independently in each M. musculus subspecies. ..
- Lyon M, Zenthon J, Evans E, Burtenshaw M, Dudley K, Willison K. Location of the t complex on mouse chromosome 17 by in situ hybridization with Tcp-1. Immunogenetics. 1986;24:125-7 pubmed
- Liou A, Willison K. Elucidation of the subunit orientation in CCT (chaperonin containing TCP1) from the subunit composition of CCT micro-complexes. EMBO J. 1997;16:4311-6 pubmedA collection of chaperonin containing TCP1 (CCT) micro-complexes that are comprised of subsets of the constitutively expressed CCT subunits have been identified. These CCT micro-complexes have mol...
- Silver L, Uman J, Danska J, Garrels J. A diversified set of testicular cell proteins specified by genes within the mouse t complex. Cell. 1983;35:35-45 pubmed..The accumulated data suggest a subset of TCP proteins that are most likely to be involved in t haplotype effects on germ cell differentiation and fertility. ..
- Babiarz B. Deletion mapping of the T/t complex: evidence for a second region of critical embryonic genes. Dev Biol. 1983;95:342-51 pubmed..This interaction allows the regions of chromosome 17, containing genetic information critical to early mammalian development, to be mapped. ..
- Kirchhoff C, Willison K. Nucleotide and amino-acid sequence of human testis-derived TCP1. Nucleic Acids Res. 1990;18:4247 pubmed
- Blanche H, Wright L, Vergnaud G, de Gouyon B, Lauthier V, Silver L, et al. Genetic mapping of three human homologues of murine t-complex genes localizes TCP10 to 6q27, 15 cM distal to TCP1 and PLG. Genomics. 1992;12:826-8 pubmedHuman homologues of mouse t-complex genes have been cloned and localized physically to chromosome 6p or 6q. TCP1, TCP10, and PLG are human homologues of genes located in the proximal portion of the t-complex on mouse chromosome 17...
- Henson V, Palmer L, Banks S, Nadeau J, Carlson G. Loss of heterozygosity and mitotic linkage maps in the mouse. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1991;88:6486-90 pubmed
- Dun M, Smith N, Baker M, Lin M, Aitken R, Nixon B. The chaperonin containing TCP1 complex (CCT/TRiC) is involved in mediating sperm-oocyte interaction. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:36875-87 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we show that one such multimeric association, comprising the chaperonin-containing TCP1 complex (CCT/TRiC) and a zona-binding protein, zona pellucida-binding protein 2, is present on the surface of capacitated spermatozoa ..
- Kubota H, Matsumoto S, Yokota S, Yanagi H, Yura T. Transcriptional activation of mouse cytosolic chaperonin CCT subunit genes by heat shock factors HSF1 and HSF2. FEBS Lett. 1999;461:125-9 pubmedThe chaperonin containing TCP-1 (CCT) is a eukaryotic molecular chaperone consisting of eight subunit species and assists in the folding of cytosolic proteins...
- Osman A, van Kol S, Peijnenburg A, Blokland M, Pennings J, Kleinjans J, et al. Proteomic analysis of mouse thymoma EL4 cells treated with bis(tri-n-butyltin)oxide (TBTO). J Immunotoxicol. 2009;6:174-83 pubmed publisher..We propose that the observed down-regulation of the expression level of ProTalpha in the TBTO-exposed cells could account for the previously reported anti-proliferative effect of TBTO. ..
- Kubota H, Morita T, Nagata T, Takemoto Y, Nozaki M, Gachelin G, et al. Nucleotide sequence of mouse Tcp-1a cDNA. Gene. 1991;105:269-73 pubmed..The aa substitution in TCP-1 has occurred at least 20 times faster between t-haplotype and wt than between mouse and human or mouse and Drosophila. ..
- Ding Y, Remmers E, Du Y, Longman R, Goldmuntz E, Zha H, et al. Genetic maps of polymorphic DNA loci on rat chromosome 1. Genomics. 1996;36:320-7 pubmed..Thirteen gene loci (Myl2, Aldoa, Tnt, Igf2, Prkcg, Cgm4, Calm3, Cgm3, Psbp1, Sa, Hbb, Ins1, and Tcp1) were previously mapped...
- Zwart R, Verhaagh S, De Jong J, Lyon M, Barlow D. Genetic analysis of the organic cation transporter genes Orct2/Slc22a2 and Orct3/Slc22a3 reduces the critical region for the t haplotype mutant t(w73) to 200 kb. Mamm Genome. 2001;12:734-40 pubmed..The results eliminate both Orct2 and Orct3 as candidates and further reduce the critical region containing the t(w73) mutant from 500 kb to 200 kb. ..
- Barlow D, Stöger R, Herrmann B, Saito K, Schweifer N. The mouse insulin-like growth factor type-2 receptor is imprinted and closely linked to the Tme locus. Nature. 1991;349:84-7 pubmed..We also demonstrate that embryos express Igf2r only from the maternal chromosome, and that Tcp-1, Plg and Sod-2 are expressed from both chromosomes. Therefore Igf2r is imprinted and closely linked or identical to Tme. ..
- Vatner R, Srivastava P. The tailless complex polypeptide-1 ring complex of the heat shock protein 60 family facilitates cross-priming of CD8 responses specific for chaperoned peptides. J Immunol. 2010;185:6765-73 pubmed publisherThe tailless complex polypeptide-1 ring complex (TRiC) is a eukaryotic heat shock protein 60 (hsp60) molecule that has been shown to bind N-terminally extended precursors of OVA-derived SIINFEKL in vivo...
- Ridsdale R, Tseu I, Wang J, Post M. Functions of membrane binding domain of CTP:phosphocholine cytidylyltransferase in alveolar type II cells. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2010;43:74-87 pubmed publisher..Thus, the M domain influences membrane binding, cellular distribution, and topology of CCTalpha, but the domain alone is not sufficient to confer CCT activity in alveolar type II cells in vivo.
- Fox H, Silver L, Martin G. An alpha globin pseudogene is located within the mouse t complex. Immunogenetics. 1984;19:125-30 pubmed..With the use of partial t haplotypes, the alpha-psi 4 sequence has been mapped to the distal end of the t complex. This sequence appears to be closely linked to the tufted locus in the t complex. ..
- Herrmann B, Bucan M, Mains P, Frischauf A, Silver L, Lehrach H. Genetic analysis of the proximal portion of the mouse t complex: evidence for a second inversion within t haplotypes. Cell. 1986;44:469-76 pubmed..This newly described proximal inversion and the previously described distal inversion provide an explanation for the suppression of recombination observed along the length of t haplotype DNA in heterozygous mice. ..
- Lader E, Ha H, O Neill M, Artzt K, Bennett D. tctex-1: a candidate gene family for a mouse t complex sterility locus. Cell. 1989;58:969-79 pubmed..The aberrant expression of tctex-1 is solely dependent on the t haplotype genes and occurs only in germ cells. The chromosomal location and pattern of expression of tctex-1 make it a candidate for involvement in male sterility. ..
- Howard C, Gummere G, Lyon M, Bennett D, Artzt K. Genetic and molecular analysis of the proximal region of the mouse t-complex using new molecular probes and partial t-haplotypes. Genetics. 1990;126:1103-14 pubmed
- Sinha S, Belcastro M, Datta P, Seo S, Sokolov M. Essential role of the chaperonin CCT in rod outer segment biogenesis. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014;55:3775-85 pubmed publisherWhile some evidence suggests an essential role for the chaperonin containing t-complex protein 1 (CCT) in ciliogenesis, this function remains poorly understood mechanistically...
- Silver L, White M, Artzt K. Evidence for unequal crossing over within the mouse T/t complex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1980;77:6077-80 pubmed..gene located within the T/t complex on chromosome 17 of the mouse codes for a major cell surface-associated protein p63/6.9. Previously, we identified two structural alleles of this gene which specify alternate forms of the p63/6...
- Blatt C, Eversole Cire P, Cohn V, Zollman S, Fournier R, Mohandas L, et al. Chromosomal localization of genes encoding guanine nucleotide-binding protein subunits in mouse and human. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1988;85:7642-6 pubmed..These mapping assignments will be useful in defining the extent of the G alpha gene family and may help in attempts to correlate specific genetic diseases with genes corresponding to G proteins. ..
- Kubota H, Willison K, Ashworth A, Nozaki M, Miyamoto H, Yamamoto H, et al. Structure and expression of the gene encoding mouse t-complex polypeptide (Tcp-1). Gene. 1992;120:207-15 pubmed..These results suggest that the expression of the Tcp-1 gene may be regulated spatially and temporally in embryonic and adult mice by transcriptional control or by mRNA stability. ..
- Dudley K, Shanahan F, Burtenshaw M, Evans E, Ruddy S, Lyon M. Isolation and characterization of a cDNA clone corresponding to the mouse t-complex gene Tcp-1x. Genet Res. 1991;57:147-52 pubmed..A search of the DNA database has failed to find any significant homology between Tcp-1x and any other sequences apart from Tcp-1. ..
- Tarricone B, Hwang W, Hingtgen J, Mitchell S, Belknap J, Nurnberger J. Identification of a locus on mouse chromosome 17 associated with high-affinity choline uptake using BXD recombinant inbred mice and quantitative trait loci analysis. Genomics. 1995;27:161-4 pubmed..Correlations of P < 0.00001 were found between striatal HACU and chromosome 17 markers D17Tu50 and Tcp1. Correlations of P < 0...
- Willison K, Dudley K, Potter J. Molecular cloning and sequence analysis of a haploid expressed gene encoding t complex polypeptide 1. Cell. 1986;44:727-38 pubmed..We have cloned the gene for an abundant testicular germ cell protein, t complex polypeptide 1, which has a variant form in t haplotypes, TCP-1A. A cDNA clone, pB1...
- Hynes G, Willison K. Individual subunits of the eukaryotic cytosolic chaperonin mediate interactions with binding sites located on subdomains of beta-actin. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:18985-94 pubmedThe chaperonin containing TCP-1 (CCT) of eukaryotic cytosol is composed of eight different subunit species that are proposed to have independent functions in folding its in vivo substrates, the actins and tubulins...
- Challen G, Martinez G, Davis M, Taylor D, Crowe M, Teasdale R, et al. Identifying the molecular phenotype of renal progenitor cells. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2004;15:2344-57 pubmed..These findings may assist in the isolation and characterization of potential renal stem cells for use in cellular therapies for kidney disease. ..
- Silver L, Artzt K, Bennett D. A major testicular cell protein specified by a mouse T/t complex gene. Cell. 1979;17:275-84 pubmed
- Loones M, Morange M. Hsp and chaperone distribution during endochondral bone development in mouse embryo. Cell Stress Chaperones. 1998;3:237-44 pubmed..The involvement of chaperones during these important differentiation steps will be discussed. ..
- Schweifer N, Valk P, Delwel R, Cox R, Francis F, Meier Ewert S, et al. Characterization of the C3 YAC contig from proximal mouse chromosome 17 and analysis of allelic expression of genes flanking the imprinted Igf2r gene. Genomics. 1997;43:285-97 pubmed..The remaining genes in this region have previously been shown to be biallelically expressed. ..
- Nadeau J, Herrmann B, Bucan M, Burkart D, Crosby J, Erhart M, et al. Genetic maps of mouse chromosome 17 including 12 new anonymous DNA loci and 25 anchor loci. Genomics. 1991;9:78-89 pubmed
- Willison K, Lewis V, Zuckerman K, Cordell J, Dean C, Miller K, et al. The t complex polypeptide 1 (TCP-1) is associated with the cytoplasmic aspect of Golgi membranes. Cell. 1989;57:621-32 pubmedThe t complex polypeptide 1 (TCP-1) is a protein of unknown function expressed in large amounts during spermatogenesis...
- Feng Y, Olson E, Stukenberg P, Flanagan L, Kirschner M, Walsh C. LIS1 regulates CNS lamination by interacting with mNudE, a central component of the centrosome. Neuron. 2000;28:665-79 pubmed..Thus, LIS1-mNudE interactions may regulate neuronal migration through dynamic reorganization of the MTOC. ..
- Schweifer N, Barlow D. The Lx1 gene maps to mouse chromosome 17 and codes for a protein that is homologous to glucose and polyspecific transmembrane transporters. Mamm Genome. 1996;7:735-40 pubmed..Chr 6q has been previously associated with transient neonatal diabetes mellitus and breast cancer. ..
- Gurish M, Johnson K, Webster M, Stevens R, Nadeau J. Location of the mouse mast cell protease 7 gene (Mcpt7) to chromosome 17. Mamm Genome. 1994;5:656-7 pubmed
- Cebra Thomas J, Tsai J, Pilder S, Copeland N, Jenkins N, Silver L. Localization of the Mas proto-oncogene to a densely marked region of mouse chromosome 17 associated with genomic imprinting. Genomics. 1992;13:444-6 pubmed..The data provide further evidence for the clustering of genes in a 1-Mb region of chromosome 17, with the absence of any identified genes in a nearby region likely to be six times larger. ..
- Kubota H, Hynes G, Willison K. The chaperonin containing t-complex polypeptide 1 (TCP-1). Multisubunit machinery assisting in protein folding and assembly in the eukaryotic cytosol. Eur J Biochem. 1995;230:3-16 pubmed..molecular chaperone, which is abundant in the eukaryotic cytosol and is called the chaperonin containing TCP-1 (CCT), has been shown to assist the folding of some proteins in cytosol...
- Silver L. A structural gene (Tcp-1) within the mouse t complex is separable from effects on tail length and lethality but may be associated with effects on spermatogenesis. Genet Res. 1981;38:115-23 pubmed
- Willison K, Kelly A, Dudley K, Goodfellow P, Spurr N, Groves V, et al. The human homologue of the mouse t-complex gene, TCP1, is located on chromosome 6 but is not near the HLA region. EMBO J. 1987;6:1967-74 pubmed..Human TCP1 cDNA clones from both fibrosarcoma and B cell lines confirmed that there was a single expressed gene...
- Forejt J, Vincek V, Klein J, Lehrach H, Loudová Micková M. Genetic mapping of the t-complex region on mouse chromosome 17 including the Hybrid sterility-1 gene. Mamm Genome. 1991;1:84-91 pubmed..The limit of resolution of the cross was 0.27 cM. The map distances have been determined for the DNA loci in the T-H-2 interval and the Hst-1 gene was mapped in close vicinity to the D17Rp17 locus. ..
- Toth L, Williams R. A quantitative genetic analysis of slow-wave sleep and rapid-eye movement sleep in CXB recombinant inbred mice. Behav Genet. 1999;29:329-37 pubmed..Probabilities of linkage were not sufficient for declaration of a quantitative trait locus for REMS but were sufficient to warrant further analysis either with additional RI strains or with F2 panels. ..
- Ashworth A. Two acetyl-CoA acetyltransferase genes located in the t-complex region of mouse chromosome 17 partially overlap the Tcp-1 and Tcp-1x genes. Genomics. 1993;18:195-8 pubmed..Both Acat genes appear to be transcribed in several mouse tissues. An ACAT gene also overlaps the TCP1 gene in humans, suggesting that this close linkage may have some functional significance.
- Hammer M, Schimenti J, Silver L. Evolution of mouse chromosome 17 and the origin of inversions associated with t haplotypes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1989;86:3261-5 pubmed..domesticus and M. abbotti, and that the other three inversions occurred on the separate lineage leading to present-day t haplotypes. Alternative models for the evolution of t haplotypes are discussed in light of these findings. ..