Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Tcap
Alias: AI503981, AJ223855, telethonin, titin cap protein
- Zhang S, Londhe P, Zhang M, Davie J. Transcriptional analysis of the titin cap gene. Mol Genet Genomics. 2011;285:261-72 pubmed publisherMutations in titin cap (Tcap), also known as telethonin, cause limb-girdle muscular dystrophy type 2G (LGMD2G). Tcap is one of the titin interacting Z-disc proteins involved in the regulation and development of normal sarcomeric structure...
- Frey N, Olson E. Calsarcin-3, a novel skeletal muscle-specific member of the calsarcin family, interacts with multiple Z-disc proteins. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:13998-4004 pubmed..calsarcin-2, calsarcin-3 interacts with calcineurin, and the Z-disc proteins alpha-actinin, gamma-filamin, and telethonin. In addition, we show that calsarcins interact with the PDZ-LIM domain protein ZASP/Cypher/Oracle, which also ..
- Weinert S, Bergmann N, Luo X, Erdmann B, Gotthardt M. M line-deficient titin causes cardiac lethality through impaired maturation of the sarcomere. J Cell Biol. 2006;173:559-70 pubmed
- Markert C, Ning J, Staley J, Heinzke L, Childers C, Ferreira J, et al. TCAP knockdown by RNA interference inhibits myoblast differentiation in cultured skeletal muscle cells. Neuromuscul Disord. 2008;18:413-22 pubmed publisherNull mutation of titin-cap (TCAP) causes limb-girdle muscular dystrophy type 2G (LGMD2G). LGMD2G patients develop muscle atrophy, and lose the ability to walk by their third decade...
- Podobed P, Alibhai F, Chow C, Martino T. Circadian regulation of myocardial sarcomeric Titin-cap (Tcap, telethonin): identification of cardiac clock-controlled genes using open access bioinformatics data. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e104907 pubmed publisher..Lastly, we validated findings by demonstrating that Titin cap (Tcap, telethonin) was targeted by transcriptional activators CLOCK and BMAL1 by showing 1) Tcap mRNA and TCAP protein had a ..