Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Tbxa2r
Description: thromboxane A2 receptor
Alias: TXA2-R, thromboxane A2 receptor, TXA2 receptor, prostanoid TP receptor, thromboxane prostanoid
- Grad E, Pachino R, Fitzgerald G, Danenberg H. Role of thromboxane receptor in C-reactive protein-induced thrombosis. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2012;32:2468-74 pubmed publisher..9 minutes, respectively; P<0.05). TP pathway is of major importance in CRP-induced thrombosis. The expression of TP is increased in CRPtg endothelial cells, and its blockade significantly suppresses the prothrombotic effect of CRP. ..
- Tang M, Cyrus T, Yao Y, Vocun L, Pratico D. Involvement of thromboxane receptor in the proatherogenic effect of isoprostane F2alpha-III: evidence from apolipoprotein E- and LDL receptor-deficient mice. Circulation. 2005;112:2867-74 pubmed
- Kabashima K, Saji T, Murata T, Nagamachi M, Matsuoka T, Segi E, et al. The prostaglandin receptor EP4 suppresses colitis, mucosal damage and CD4 cell activation in the gut. J Clin Invest. 2002;109:883-93 pubmed..We conclude that EP4 maintains intestinal homeostasis by keeping mucosal integrity and downregulating immune response. ..
- Cyrus T, Yao Y, Ding T, Dogne J, Pratico D. Thromboxane receptor blockade improves the antiatherogenic effect of thromboxane A2 suppression in LDLR KO mice. Blood. 2007;109:3291-6 pubmed..These results show for the first time that the addition of a TP antagonist increases the antiatherogenic effect of COX-1-dependent TxA(2) suppression. ..
- Watson S, Daly M, Dawood B, Gissen P, Makris M, Mundell S, et al. Phenotypic approaches to gene mapping in platelet function disorders - identification of new variant of P2Y12, TxA2 and GPVI receptors. Hamostaseologie. 2010;30:29-38 pubmed..Thus, the phenotype of mild bleeding may be multifactorial in some patients and may be considered to be a complex trait. ..
- Allen I, Hartney J, Coffman T, Penn R, Wess J, Koller B. Thromboxane A2 induces airway constriction through an M3 muscarinic acetylcholine receptor-dependent mechanism. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2006;290:L526-33 pubmed..In the airways, it has been postulated that TXA2 causes airway constriction by direct activation of thromboxane prostanoid (TP) receptors on airway smooth muscle cells...
- Kawada N, Dennehy K, Solis G, Modlinger P, Hamel R, Kawada J, et al. TP receptors regulate renal hemodynamics during angiotensin II slow pressor response. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2004;287:F753-9 pubmed..TP-Rs mediate all of the increase in RVR and FF, part of the increase in MAP, but are not implicated in the suppression of ANG I or increase in aldosterone. TP -/- mice have a basal increase in RVR and FF associated with ROS. ..
- Ushikubi F, Aiba Y, Nakamura K, Namba T, Hirata M, Mazda O, et al. Thromboxane A2 receptor is highly expressed in mouse immature thymocytes and mediates DNA fragmentation and apoptosis. J Exp Med. 1993;178:1825-30 pubmed..Radioligand binding using a TXA2 receptor-specific radioligand revealed a single class of binding sites in the thymocytes with an affinity and ..
- Mitsumori T, Furuyashiki T, Momiyama T, Nishi A, Shuto T, Hayakawa T, et al. Thromboxane receptor activation enhances striatal dopamine release, leading to suppression of GABAergic transmission and enhanced sugar intake. Eur J Neurosci. 2011;34:594-604 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that TP stimulation in the striatum locally facilitates dopamine overflow evoked by synaptic inputs via NO synthesis in endothelial cells. ..
- Zhuge X, Arai H, Xu Y, Murayama T, Kobayashi T, Narumiya S, et al. Protection of atherogenesis in thromboxane A2 receptor-deficient mice is not associated with thromboxane A2 receptor in bone marrow-derived cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;351:865-71 pubmedIn the previous study, we generated mice lacking thromboxane A2 receptor (TP) and apolipoprotein E, apoE(-/-)TP(-/-) mice, and reported that the double knockout mice developed markedly smaller atherosclerotic lesions than those in apoE(-/..
- Gross S, Tilly P, Hentsch D, Vonesch J, Fabre J. Vascular wall-produced prostaglandin E2 exacerbates arterial thrombosis and atherothrombosis through platelet EP3 receptors. J Exp Med. 2007;204:311-20 pubmed..In conclusion, PGE2 facilitates the initiation of arterial thrombosis and, hence, contributes to atherothrombosis. Inhibition of the platelet EP3 receptor should improve prevention of atherothrombosis. ..
- Pandey A, Yin X, Schiffer R, Hutson J, Stocco D, Grammas P, et al. Involvement of the thromboxane A2 receptor in the regulation of steroidogenic acute regulatory gene expression in murine Leydig cells. Endocrinology. 2009;150:3267-73 pubmed publisher..The present study further investigated the role of thromboxane A2 receptor in StAR gene expression and steroidogenesis in testicular Leydig cells...
- Pierre S, Linke B, Suo J, Tarighi N, Del Turco D, Thomas D, et al. GPVI and Thromboxane Receptor on Platelets Promote Proinflammatory Macrophage Phenotypes during Cutaneous Inflammation. J Invest Dermatol. 2017;137:686-695 pubmed publisher..Deletion of glycoprotein VI or its downstream effector thromboxane A2 receptor (TP) reduced zymosan-induced mechanical allodynia without altering macrophage recruitment or formation of ..
- Duncan A, Anderson L, Funk C, Abramovitz M, Adam M. Chromosomal localization of the human prostanoid receptor gene family. Genomics. 1995;25:740-2 pubmed..subtypes (PTGER1, PTGER2, and PTGER3), the PGF2 alpha receptor (PTGFR), the PGI2 receptor (PTGIR), and the TXA2 receptor (TBXA2R) using in situ hybridization...
- Spurney R, Coffman T. The C-terminus of the thromboxane receptor contributes to coupling and desensitization in a mouse mesangial cell line. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 1997;283:207-15 pubmed..regulatory domains of the thromboxane A2 (TxA2) receptor, we constructed a truncated form of the mouse TxA2 receptor and expressed it in a mesangial cell line...
- Takayama K, Yuhki K, Ono K, Fujino T, Hara A, Yamada T, et al. Thromboxane A2 and prostaglandin F2alpha mediate inflammatory tachycardia. Nat Med. 2005;11:562-6 pubmed..Our results show that inflammatory tachycardia is caused by a direct action on the heart of TXA(2) and PGF(2alpha) formed under systemic inflammatory conditions. ..
- Minamino T, Ito Y, Ohkubo H, Shimuzu Y, Kojo K, Nishizwa N, et al. Adhesion of platelets through thromboxane Aâ‚‚ receptor signaling facilitates liver repair during acute chemical-induced hepatotoxicity. Life Sci. 2015;132:85-92 pubmed publisher..However, the underlying mechanisms of liver repair remain elusive. Signaling through thromboxane prostanoid (TP) receptor participates in inflammation and tissue injury through platelet aggregation...
- Kahner B, Quinton T, Langan S, Kunapuli S. Do heterotrimeric G proteins redistribute upon G protein-coupled receptor stimulation in platelets?. Platelets. 2006;17:397-404 pubmed..Similar results were obtained for the P2Y1 null mice stimulated with AYPGKF or U46619. We conclude that stimulation of one Gq coupled receptor does not result in redistribution of Gq to other Gq-coupled receptors. ..
- Michel F, Silvestre J, Waeckel L, Corda S, Verbeuren T, Vilaine J, et al. Thromboxane A2/prostaglandin H2 receptor activation mediates angiotensin II-induced postischemic neovascularization. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2006;26:488-93 pubmed..Endogenous activation of TXA2 receptor by eicosanoids did not modulate spontaneous neovascularization in the setting of ischemia...
- Spurney R. Role of C-terminal serines in desensitization and phosphorylation of the mouse thromboxane receptor. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:28496-503 pubmed..hydroxyamino acids in desensitization of the receptor for thromboxane A2 (TxA2), we created a mutant TxA2 receptor (TP receptor) in which serines at positions 321, 322, and 328 were replaced with either alanine or glycine...
- Soontrapa K, Honda T, Sakata D, Yao C, Hirata T, Hori S, et al. Prostaglandin E2-prostaglandin E receptor subtype 4 (EP4) signaling mediates UV irradiation-induced systemic immunosuppression. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:6668-73 pubmed publisher..Thus, prostaglandin E(2) (PGE(2))-EP4 signaling mediates UV-induced immunosuppression by elevating the number of Treg cells through regulation of RANKL expression in the epidermis. ..
- Cyrus T, Ding T, Pratico D. Expression of thromboxane synthase, prostacyclin synthase and thromboxane receptor in atherosclerotic lesions: correlation with plaque composition. Atherosclerosis. 2010;208:376-81 pubmed publisher..TXAS, PGIS and TP are all present within the atherosclerotic lesion areas, their levels change during progression of atherogenesis and contribute to TxA(2) and PGI(2) formation. ..
- Mutoh M, Watanabe K, Kitamura T, Shoji Y, Takahashi M, Kawamori T, et al. Involvement of prostaglandin E receptor subtype EP(4) in colon carcinogenesis. Cancer Res. 2002;62:28-32 pubmed
- Sparks M, Makhanova N, Griffiths R, Snouwaert J, Koller B, Coffman T. Thromboxane receptors in smooth muscle promote hypertension, vascular remodeling, and sudden death. Hypertension. 2013;61:166-73 pubmed publisher..mouse line expressing Cre recombinase in smooth muscle cells with a mouse line bearing a conditional allele of the Tbxa2r gene (Tp(flox))...
- Tabeling C, Noe E, Naujoks J, Doehn J, Hippenstiel S, Opitz B, et al. PKCÎ± Deficiency in Mice Is Associated with Pulmonary Vascular Hyperresponsiveness to Thromboxane A2 and Increased Thromboxane Receptor Expression. J Vasc Res. 2015;52:279-88 pubmed publisher..Surprisingly, PKCÎ±-/- mice showed pulmonary vascular hyperresponsiveness to U46619 and increased TXA2 receptor (TP receptor) expression in the intrapulmonary arteries...
- Murad J, Espinosa E, Ting H, Khasawneh F. The C-terminal segment of the second extracellular loop of the thromboxane A2 receptor plays an important role in platelet aggregation. Biochem Pharmacol. 2012;83:88-96 pubmed publisher..Finally, the identification of a functionally active TPR sequence should aid molecular modeling study predictions for organic derivatives which possess in vivo activity. ..
- Asano K, Taniguchi S, Nakao A, Maruyama T, Watanabe T, Kurokawa K. Distribution of thromboxane A2 receptor mRNA along the mouse nephron segments. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1996;226:613-7 pubmed..b>TXA2 receptor mRNA was most abundantly expressed in the glomerulus, followed by the distal convoluted tubule > proximal ..
- Ye X, Diao H, Chun J. 11-deoxy prostaglandin F(2?), a thromboxane A2 receptor agonist, partially alleviates embryo crowding in Lpar3((-/-)) females. Fertil Steril. 2012;97:757-63 pubmed publisher..The thromboxane A(2) receptor agonist 11-deoxy PGF(2?) can partially alleviate embryo crowding in the Lpar3((-/-)) females and embryo crowding likely contributes to reduced litter size in the Lpar3((-/-)) females. ..
- Ibrahim S, McCartney A, Markosyan N, Smyth E. Heterodimerization with the prostacyclin receptor triggers thromboxane receptor relocation to lipid rafts. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2013;33:60-6 pubmed publisher..We speculate that changes in IP and IPTP signaling after perturbation of membrane cholesterol may contribute to cardiovascular disease associated with hypercholesterolemia. ..
- McGraw D, Almoosa K, Paul R, Kobilka B, Liggett S. Antithetic regulation by beta-adrenergic receptors of Gq receptor signaling via phospholipase C underlies the airway beta-agonist paradox. J Clin Invest. 2003;112:619-26 pubmed..These results establish a mechanism of the beta-agonist paradox and identify a potential asthma modifier gene (phospholipase C-beta1), which may also be a therapeutic target in asthma when chronic beta-agonists are required. ..
- Liu J, Fitzgerald M, Berndt M, Jackson C, Gartner T. Bruton tyrosine kinase is essential for botrocetin/VWF-induced signaling and GPIb-dependent thrombus formation in vivo. Blood. 2006;108:2596-603 pubmed..The requirement for Btk and TxA2 receptor function in GPIb-dependent arterial thrombosis was confirmed in vivo by characterizing blood flow in ferric ..
- Boffa J, Just A, Coffman T, Arendshorst W. Thromboxane receptor mediates renal vasoconstriction and contributes to acute renal failure in endotoxemic mice. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2004;15:2358-65 pubmed..These results demonstrate that renal vasoconstriction during endotoxemic shock induced by LPS is mediated by TP receptors as indicated by pharmacologic blockade and genetic disruption of TP receptors. ..
- Oga T, Matsuoka T, Yao C, Nonomura K, Kitaoka S, Sakata D, et al. Prostaglandin F(2alpha) receptor signaling facilitates bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosis independently of transforming growth factor-beta. Nat Med. 2009;15:1426-30 pubmed publisher..These findings show that PGF(2alpha)-FP signaling facilitates pulmonary fibrosis independently of TGF-beta and suggests this signaling pathway as a therapeutic target for IPF. ..
- Zhou Z, Sun C, Tilley S, Mustafa S. Mechanisms underlying uridine adenosine tetraphosphate-induced vascular contraction in mouse aorta: Role of thromboxane and purinergic receptors. Vascul Pharmacol. 2015;73:78-85 pubmed publisher..Notably, Up4A-induced aortic contraction was blunted by both TX synthase inhibitor ozagrel and TXA2 receptor (TP) antagonist SQ29548. Surprisingly, A3AR deletion had no effect on Up4A-induced contraction...
- Song P, Zhang M, Wang S, Xu J, Choi H, Zou M. Thromboxane A2 receptor activates a Rho-associated kinase/LKB1/PTEN pathway to attenuate endothelium insulin signaling. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:17120-8 pubmed publisherThis study was conducted to elucidate the molecular mechanisms of thromboxane A2 receptor (TP)-induced insulin resistance in endothelial cells...
- Watanabe H, Katoh T, Eiro M, Iwamoto M, Ushikubi F, Narumiya S, et al. Effects of salt loading on blood pressure in mice lacking the prostanoid receptor gene. Circ J. 2005;69:124-6 pubmedThis study examined whether targeted disruption of the genes for the prostacyclin receptor (IP) or the thromboxane A2 receptor (TP) confers a susceptibility to salt-dependent hypertension...
- Liu T, Laidlaw T, Feng C, Xing W, Shen S, Milne G, et al. Prostaglandin E2 deficiency uncovers a dominant role for thromboxane A2 in house dust mite-induced allergic pulmonary inflammation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:12692-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, PGE(2) controls the strength of TP receptor signaling as a major bronchoprotective mechanism, carrying implications for the pathobiology and therapy of asthma. ..
- Cheng Z, Jiang Y, Ding H, Severson D, Triggle C. Vascular dysfunction in type 2 diabetic TallyHo mice: role for an increase in the contribution of PGH2/TxA2 receptor activation and cytochrome p450 products. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 2007;85:404-12 pubmed..The present study indicates that enhanced contribution of prostaglandin H2/thromboxane A2 receptor and CYP, likely CYP2C6 and 2C9, play a critical role in the pathogenesis of increased EDCF in the aortae ..
- Spurney R. Effect of receptor number on desensitization of the mouse thromboxane receptor. Biochem Pharmacol. 1998;55:1271-81 pubmed..levels by approximately 50% in clones expressing low numbers of TxA2 receptors, but had little effect on TxA2 receptor responsiveness in clones expressing high receptor numbers...
- Takasaki I, Nojima H, Shiraki K, Sugimoto Y, Ichikawa A, Ushikubi F, et al. Involvement of cyclooxygenase-2 and EP3 prostaglandin receptor in acute herpetic but not postherpetic pain in mice. Neuropharmacology. 2005;49:283-92 pubmed..It was further confirmed that the PG systems do not play a key role in delayed postherpetic pain. ..
- Francois H, Makhanova N, Ruiz P, Ellison J, Mao L, Rockman H, et al. A role for the thromboxane receptor in L-NAME hypertension. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2008;295:F1096-102 pubmed publisher..01). Thus, in L-NAME hypertension, TP receptors contribute to elevated blood pressure and cardiac hypertrophy. In this model, TP receptors also provided unexpected protection against kidney injury. ..
- Spurney R, Fan P, Ruiz P, Sanfilippo F, Pisetsky D, Coffman T. Thromboxane receptor blockade reduces renal injury in murine lupus nephritis. Kidney Int. 1992;41:973-82 pubmed..02). Thus, chronic thromboxane receptor blockade markedly altered the course of renal disease in MRL-lpr/lpr mice, suggesting that TxA2 is an important mediator of renal dysfunction and injury in this murine model of lupus nephritis. ..
- Wright W, Messina J, Harris N. Attenuation of diabetes-induced retinal vasoconstriction by a thromboxane receptor antagonist. Exp Eye Res. 2009;88:106-12 pubmed publisher..1mg/kg, induced arteriolar vasodilation, with the dilation more substantial in smaller feed arterioles. In summary, STZ-induced decreases in retinal blood flow can be attenuated by the thromboxane receptor antagonist vapiprost. ..
- Tanowitz H, Mukhopadhyay A, Ashton A, Lisanti M, Machado F, Weiss L, et al. Microarray analysis of the mammalian thromboxane receptor-Trypanosoma cruzi interaction. Cell Cycle. 2011;10:1132-43 pubmed..These data underscore the importance of the interaction of the parasite with mammalian TP and may explain the increased mortality and cardiovascular pathology observed in infected TP null mice. ..
- Traupe T, Lang M, Goettsch W, Munter K, Morawietz H, Vetter W, et al. Obesity increases prostanoid-mediated vasoconstriction and vascular thromboxane receptor gene expression. J Hypertens. 2002;20:2239-45 pubmed..the non-selective cyclooxygenase (COX) inhibitors indomethacin and meclofenamate, or a prostaglandin H2/thromboxane A2 receptor antagonist, but not by inhibitors of COX-2, thromboxane synthase or cytochrome P450 monooxygenase...
- Xu S, Jiang B, Maitland K, Bayat H, Gu J, Nadler J, et al. The thromboxane receptor antagonist S18886 attenuates renal oxidant stress and proteinuria in diabetic apolipoprotein E-deficient mice. Diabetes. 2006;55:110-9 pubmed..Thus, in contrast to inhibiting cyclooxygenase, blockade of TPr may have therapeutic potential in diabetic nephropathy, in part by attenuating oxidative stress. ..
- Niu H, Chen X, Gruppo R, Li D, Wang Y, Zhang L, et al. Integrin ?IIb-mediated PI3K/Akt activation in platelets. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e47356 pubmed publisher..Our results provide new insight into the signaling pathway used by ?IIb-mediated outside-in signaling in platelets...
- Benndorf R, Schwedhelm E, Gnann A, Taheri R, Kom G, Didié M, et al. Isoprostanes inhibit vascular endothelial growth factor-induced endothelial cell migration, tube formation, and cardiac vessel sprouting in vitro, as well as angiogenesis in vivo via activation of the thromboxane A(2) receptor: a potential link betwe. Circ Res. 2008;103:1037-46 pubmed publisher..in vitro, as well as VEGF-induced angiogenesis in vivo via activation of the thromboxane A(2) receptor (TBXA2R): the specific TBXA2R antagonists SQ-29548, BM 567, and ICI 192,605 but not the thromboxane A(2) synthase ..
- Hara A, Yuhki K, Fujino T, Yamada T, Takayama K, Kuriyama S, et al. Augmented cardiac hypertrophy in response to pressure overload in mice lacking the prostaglandin I2 receptor. Circulation. 2005;112:84-92 pubmed..Both effects have been suggested as originating from the action on noncardiomyocytes rather than cardiomyocytes. ..
- Katagiri H, Ito Y, Ito S, Murata T, Yukihiko S, Narumiya S, et al. TNF-alpha induces thromboxane receptor signaling-dependent microcirculatory dysfunction in mouse liver. Shock. 2008;30:463-7 pubmed publisher..The present study was to investigate the role of thromboxane A2 (TXA2) and the biological significance of thromboxane prostanoid (TP) receptor signaling in TNF-alpha-mediated hepatic microcirculatory dysfunction in male C57Bl/6 mice...
- Francois H, Athirakul K, Mao L, Rockman H, Coffman T. Role for thromboxane receptors in angiotensin-II-induced hypertension. Hypertension. 2004;43:364-9 pubmed..the role of thromboxane in hypertension and its complications, we studied mice with targeted disruption of the TXA2 receptor gene in an angiotensin-II-dependent model of hypertension...
- Hartney J, Gustafson C, Bowler R, Pelanda R, Torres R. Thromboxane receptor signaling is required for fibronectin-induced matrix metalloproteinase 9 production by human and murine macrophages and is attenuated by the Arhgef1 molecule. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:44521-31 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that the expression of ARHGEF1 by human peripheral blood monocytes varies between individuals and inversely correlates with fibronectin-mediated MMP9 production. ..
- Lauretti E, di Meco A, Chu J, PraticÃ² D. Modulation of AD neuropathology and memory impairments by the isoprostane F2Î± is mediated by the thromboxane receptor. Neurobiol Aging. 2015;36:812-20 pubmed publisher..It provides important preclinical support to the neurobiological importance of the thromboxane receptor as an active player in the pathogenesis of AD. ..
- Matsui Y, Amano H, Ito Y, Eshima K, Suzuki T, Ogawa F, et al. Thromboxane A? receptor signaling facilitates tumor colonization through P-selectin-mediated interaction of tumor cells with platelets and endothelial cells. Cancer Sci. 2012;103:700-7 pubmed publisher..Blockade of TP signaling might be useful in the treatment of tumor metastasis. ..
- Namba T, Sugimoto Y, Hirata M, Hayashi Y, Honda A, Watabe A, et al. Mouse thromboxane A2 receptor: cDNA cloning, expression and northern blot analysis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1992;184:1197-203 pubmedA cDNA clone for the mouse thromboxane A2 receptor was isolated from mouse lung cDNA library. The cDNA has a 1,023 base pair open reading frame which encodes a protein of 341 amino acid residues...
- Cayatte A, Du Y, Oliver Krasinski J, Lavielle G, Verbeuren T, Cohen R. The thromboxane receptor antagonist S18886 but not aspirin inhibits atherogenesis in apo E-deficient mice: evidence that eicosanoids other than thromboxane contribute to atherosclerosis. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2000;20:1724-8 pubmed
- Katagiri H, Ito Y, Ishii K, Hayashi I, Suematsu M, Yamashina S, et al. Role of thromboxane derived from COX-1 and -2 in hepatic microcirculatory dysfunction during endotoxemia in mice. Hepatology. 2004;39:139-50 pubmed..In thromboxane prostanoid receptor-knockout mice, hepatic responses to LPS were minimized in comparison with those in their wild-..
- Li Z, Zhang G, Le Breton G, Gao X, Malik A, Du X. Two waves of platelet secretion induced by thromboxane A2 receptor and a critical role for phosphoinositide 3-kinases. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:30725-31 pubmed..Thus, our data indicate that PI3K, together with the integrin outside-in signaling, play a central role in inducing the second wave of platelet secretion, which leads to the second wave of irreversible platelet aggregation. ..
- Ting H, Murad J, Espinosa E, Khasawneh F. Thromboxane A2 receptor: biology and function of a peculiar receptor that remains resistant for therapeutic targeting. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol Ther. 2012;17:248-59 pubmed publisher..Therefore, while none of the antagonists, thus far developed for targeting TPRs, have made it into clinical use, this peculiar receptor can be antagonized by a large number of drugs used for indications unrelated to thrombosis. ..
- Zhang M, Song P, Xu J, Zou M. Activation of NAD(P)H oxidases by thromboxane A2 receptor uncouples endothelial nitric oxide synthase. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2011;31:125-32 pubmed publisher..We conclude that TPr activation via PKC-?-mediated NAD(P)H oxidase activation increases both O(2)(·-) and ONOO(-), resulting in eNOS uncoupling in endothelial cells. ..
- Tang L, Ding T, Pratico D. Additive anti-atherogenic effect of thromboxane receptor antagonism with 12/15lipoxygenase gene disruption in apolipoprotein E-deficient mice. Atherosclerosis. 2008;199:265-70 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the 12/15LO- and TxA(2) receptor-mediated pro-atherogenic effects are two distinct pathways and represent two separate therapeutic targets for a better anti-atherogenic strategy. ..
- Kuijpers M, Pozgajova M, Cosemans J, Munnix I, Eckes B, Nieswandt B, et al. Role of murine integrin alpha2beta1 in thrombus stabilization and embolization: contribution of thromboxane A2. Thromb Haemost. 2007;98:1072-80 pubmed..The increased embolization in alpha2-null mice may argue against the use of alpha2beta1 integrin inhibitors for antithrombotic therapy. ..
- Michel F, Simonet S, Vayssettes Courchay C, Bertin F, Sansilvestri Morel P, Bernhardt F, et al. Altered TP receptor function in isolated, perfused kidneys of nondiabetic and diabetic ApoE-deficient mice. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2008;294:F120-9 pubmed..Increased responsiveness of TP receptors occurs in diabetic ApoE-KO mouse kidneys. Thus early changes in TP receptor-mediated vasoconstrictor activity may participate in the development of kidney disease in atherosclerosis and diabetes. ..
- Båtshake B, Nilsson C, Sundelin J. Structure and expression of the murine thromboxane A2 receptor gene. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1999;256:391-7 pubmedThe gene encoding the murine thromboxane A2 receptor (TP) is split into three exons and spans 6.2 kilobase pairs...
- Schnermann J, Traynor T, Pohl H, Thomas D, Coffman T, Briggs J. Vasoconstrictor responses in thromboxane receptor knockout mice: tubuloglomerular feedback and ureteral obstruction. Acta Physiol Scand. 2000;168:201-7 pubmed..We conclude that thromboxane is primarily a regulator of renal vascular tone under pathophysiological conditions. ..
- Cummings H, Liu T, Feng C, Laidlaw T, Conley P, Kanaoka Y, et al. Cutting edge: Leukotriene C4 activates mouse platelets in plasma exclusively through the type 2 cysteinyl leukotriene receptor. J Immunol. 2013;191:5807-10 pubmed publisher..Nascent LTC4 may activate platelets at a synapse with granulocytes before it is converted to LTD4, promoting mediator generation and the formation of leukocyte-platelet complexes that facilitate inflammation. ..
- Rudic R, Brinster D, Cheng Y, Fries S, Song W, Austin S, et al. COX-2-derived prostacyclin modulates vascular remodeling. Circ Res. 2005;96:1240-7 pubmed..Deletion of the TxA2 receptor (TP) reduces the hyperplastic response to nimesulide and carotid ligation, despite further augmentation of TP ..
- Egan K, Wang M, Fries S, Lucitt M, Zukas A, Pure E, et al. Cyclooxygenases, thromboxane, and atherosclerosis: plaque destabilization by cyclooxygenase-2 inhibition combined with thromboxane receptor antagonism. Circulation. 2005;111:334-42 pubmed..TP ligands, including COX-1 (but not COX-2)-derived TxA2, promote initiation and early progression of atherogenesis in Apobec-1/LDLR DKOs but appear unimportant in the maintenance of established disease. ..
- Kobayashi T, Tahara Y, Matsumoto M, Iguchi M, Sano H, Murayama T, et al. Roles of thromboxane A(2) and prostacyclin in the development of atherosclerosis in apoE-deficient mice. J Clin Invest. 2004;114:784-94 pubmed..We conclude that TXA2 promotes and PGI2 prevents the initiation and progression of atherogenesis through control of platelet activation and leukocyte-endothelial cell interaction. ..
- Thomas D, Rocha P, Nataraj C, Robinson L, Spurney R, Koller B, et al. Proinflammatory actions of thromboxane receptors to enhance cellular immune responses. J Immunol. 2003;171:6389-95 pubmed..Specific inhibition of the TP receptor may provide a more precise approach to limit inflammation without some of the untoward effects associated with NSAIDs. ..