Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Tas1r2
Description: taste receptor, type 1, member 2
Alias: Gpr71, T1r2, TR2, taste receptor type 1 member 2, G-protein coupled receptor 71, candidate taste receptor T1R2, sweet taste receptor T1R2
- Simon B, Learman B, Parlee S, Scheller E, Mori H, Cawthorn W, et al. Sweet taste receptor deficient mice have decreased adiposity and increased bone mass. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e86454 pubmed publisherFunctional expression of sweet taste receptors (T1R2 and T1R3) has been reported in numerous metabolic tissues, including the gut, pancreas, and, more recently, in adipose tissue...
- Zhao G, Zhang Y, Hoon M, Chandrashekar J, Erlenbach I, Ryba N, et al. The receptors for mammalian sweet and umami taste. Cell. 2003;115:255-66 pubmed..that combine to assemble two heteromeric G-protein-coupled receptor complexes: T1R1+3, an umami sensor, and T1R2+3, a sweet receptor...
- Treesukosol Y, Smith K, Spector A. Behavioral evidence for a glucose polymer taste receptor that is independent of the T1R2+3 heterodimer in a mouse model. J Neurosci. 2011;31:13527-34 pubmed publisherAlthough it is clear that the heterodimer formed by the T1R2 and T1R3 proteins serves as the primary taste receptor for sweeteners, there is growing evidence that responses to glucose polymers may be mediated by a different taste receptor...
- Stachowicz K, Branski P, Kłak K, van der Putten H, Cryan J, Flor P, et al. Selective activation of metabotropic G-protein-coupled glutamate 7 receptor elicits anxiolytic-like effects in mice by modulating GABAergic neurotransmission. Behav Pharmacol. 2008;19:597-603 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that activation of the mGlu7 receptor produces anxiolytic-like effects via the modulation of the gamma-aminobutyric acid system. ..
- Ariyasu T, Matsumoto S, Kyono F, Hanaya T, Arai S, Ikeda M, et al. Taste receptor T1R3 is an essential molecule for the cellular recognition of the disaccharide trehalose. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim. 2003;39:80-8 pubmed..Our system is a valuable tool not only for understanding the relationship between sweeteners and their receptors but also for exploring the diversities of their receptors, resulting in the design of new high-potency sweeteners. ..
- ..Licking rates for Na3HP2O7 are higher in T1R2 KO mice than WT controls; Na3HP2O7 preference scores are increased even more in T1R2 KO mice and T1R2+T1R3 double ..
- Alioto T, Ngai J. The repertoire of olfactory C family G protein-coupled receptors in zebrafish: candidate chemosensory receptors for amino acids. BMC Genomics. 2006;7:309 pubmed
- Oya M, Suzuki H, Watanabe Y, Sato M, Tsuboi T. Amino acid taste receptor regulates insulin secretion in pancreatic ?-cell line MIN6 cells. Genes Cells. 2011;16:608-16 pubmed publisher..Based on these findings, we propose that heterodimer of Tas1R1 and Tas1R3 is the fundamental receptor for the sensing amino acids and regulates the amino acid-induced insulin secretion in pancreatic ?-cells. ..
- Treesukosol Y, Spector A. Orosensory detection of sucrose, maltose, and glucose is severely impaired in mice lacking T1R2 or T1R3, but Polycose sensitivity remains relatively normal. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2012;303:R218-35 pubmed publisherEvidence in the literature supports the hypothesis that the T1R2+3 heterodimer binds to compounds that humans describe as sweet...
- Wu S, Rozengurt N, Yang M, Young S, Sinnett Smith J, Rozengurt E. Expression of bitter taste receptors of the T2R family in the gastrointestinal tract and enteroendocrine STC-1 cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:2392-7 pubmed..These results demonstrate the expression of bitter taste receptors of the T2R family in the mouse and rat gastrointestinal tract. ..
- Koudelka J, Horn J, Vatanashevanopakorn C, Minichiello L. Genetic dissection of TrkB activated signalling pathways required for specific aspects of the taste system. Neural Dev. 2014;9:21 pubmed publisher..These results advance our knowledge of the biology of the taste system, one of the fundamental sensory systems crucial for an organism to relate to the environment. ..
- Shimizu M, Goto M, Kawai T, Yamashita A, Kusakabe Y. Distinct human and mouse membrane trafficking systems for sweet taste receptors T1r2 and T1r3. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e100425 pubmed publisherThe sweet taste receptors T1r2 and T1r3 are included in the T1r taste receptor family that belongs to class C of the G protein-coupled receptors...
- Yoshida R, Ninomiya Y. Taste information derived from T1R-expressing taste cells in mice. Biochem J. 2016;473:525-36 pubmed publisher..This family consists of three members (T1R1, T1R2 and T1R3)...
- Smith K, Spector A. Detection of maltodextrin and its discrimination from sucrose are independent of the T1R2 + T1R3 heterodimer. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2017;313:R450-R462 pubmed publisher..Although glucose and other sugars activate the T1R2 + T1R3 "sweet" taste receptor, recent evidence from T1R2- or T1R3-knockout (KO) mice suggests that maltodextrins, ..
- Shigemura N, Nakao K, Yasuo T, Murata Y, Yasumatsu K, Nakashima A, et al. Gurmarin sensitivity of sweet taste responses is associated with co-expression patterns of T1r2, T1r3, and gustducin. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;367:356-63 pubmed publisher..Recent studies demonstrated that co-expression levels of genes controlling sweet receptors (T1r2/T1r3 heterodimer) versus Galpha-protein, gustducin, are much lower in Gur-insensitive posterior circumvallate ..
- Smith K, Hussain T, Karimian Azari E, Steiner J, Ayala J, Pratley R, et al. Disruption of the sugar-sensing receptor T1R2 attenuates metabolic derangements associated with diet-induced obesity. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2016;310:E688-E698 pubmed publisher..diet on glucose homeostasis and energy balance in mice with global disruption of the sweet taste receptor protein T1R2. We assessed body composition, energy balance, glucose homeostasis, and tissue-specific nutrient metabolism in T1R2 ..
- Glendinning J, Stano S, Holter M, Azenkot T, Goldman O, Margolskee R, et al. Sugar-induced cephalic-phase insulin release is mediated by a T1r2+T1r3-independent taste transduction pathway in mice. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2015;309:R552-60 pubmed publisher..We studied the contribution of the sweet taste receptor (T1r2+T1r3) to sugar-induced CPIR in C57BL/6 (B6) and T1r3 knockout (KO) mice...
- Morini G, Temussi P. Micro and macro models of the sweet receptor. Chem Senses. 2005;30 Suppl 1:i86-7 pubmed
- Smith K, Spector A. The importance of the presence of a 5'-ribonucleotide and the contribution of the T1R1 + T1R3 heterodimer and an additional low-affinity receptor in the taste detection of L-glutamate as assessed psychophysically. J Neurosci. 2014;34:13234-45 pubmed publisher..taste-testing paradigm, we demonstrated impaired, if not eliminated, detection of MSG in WT and T1R1, T1R2, T1R3, and T1R2 + T1R3 KO mice when the contribution of sodium was minimized by the epithelial sodium channel ..
- Liao J, Schultz P. Three sweet receptor genes are clustered in human chromosome 1. Mamm Genome. 2003;14:291-301 pubmed..All three hT1Rs genes are expressed selectively in human taste receptor cells in the fungiform papillae, consistent with their role in taste perception. ..
- Wu S, Chen M, Rozengurt E. Genomic organization, expression, and function of bitter taste receptors (T2R) in mouse and rat. Physiol Genomics. 2005;22:139-49 pubmed
- Sukumaran S, Yee K, Iwata S, Kotha R, Quezada Calvillo R, Nichols B, et al. Taste cell-expressed ?-glucosidase enzymes contribute to gustatory responses to disaccharides. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:6035-40 pubmed publisher..and noncaloric sweeteners is the heteromeric combination of type 1 taste receptors 2 and 3 (T1R2+T1R3, encoded by Tas1r2 and Tas1r3 genes). However, in the absence of T1R2+T1R3 (e.g...
- Feng J, Petersen C, Coy D, Jiang J, Thomas C, Pollak M, et al. Calcium-sensing receptor is a physiologic multimodal chemosensor regulating gastric G-cell growth and gastrin secretion. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:17791-6 pubmed publisher..Medicinals targeting diseases of Ca(2+) homeostasis should be reviewed for effects outside traditional Ca(2+)-regulating tissues in view of the broader distribution and function of CaR. ..
- Hao S, Sternini C, Raybould H. Role of CCK1 and Y2 receptors in activation of hindbrain neurons induced by intragastric administration of bitter taste receptor ligands. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2008;294:R33-8 pubmed..T2Rs may regulate GI function via release of regulatory peptides and activation of the vagal reflex pathway. ..