Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Tarbp2
Description: TARBP2, RISC loading complex RNA binding subunit
Alias: Prbp, TRBP, RISC-loading complex subunit TARBP2, PRM-1 RNA-binding protein, TAR (HIV) RNA binding protein 2, TAR RNA-binding protein 2, protamine-1 RNA-binding protein
- Ota H, Sakurai M, Gupta R, Valente L, Wulff B, Ariyoshi K, et al. ADAR1 forms a complex with Dicer to promote microRNA processing and RNA-induced gene silencing. Cell. 2013;153:575-89 pubmed publisher..As expected, the expression of miRNAs is globally inhibited in ADAR1(-/-) mouse embryos, which, in turn, alters the expression of their target genes and might contribute to their embryonic lethal phenotype. ..
- Kaneko H, Dridi S, Tarallo V, Gelfand B, Fowler B, Cho W, et al. DICER1 deficit induces Alu RNA toxicity in age-related macular degeneration. Nature. 2011;471:325-30 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal a miRNA-independent cell survival function for DICER1 involving retrotransposon transcript degradation, show that Alu RNA can directly cause human pathology, and identify new targets for a major cause of blindness. ..
- Ding J, Chen J, Wang Y, Kataoka M, Ma L, Zhou P, et al. Trbp regulates heart function through microRNA-mediated Sox6 repression. Nat Genet. 2015;47:776-83 pubmed publisher..Cardiomyopathy is associated with altered expression of genes encoding contractile proteins. Here we show that Trbp (Tarbp2), an RNA-binding protein, is required for normal heart function...
- Nakamura T, Kunz R, Zhang C, Kimura T, Yuan C, Baccaro B, et al. A critical role for PKR complexes with TRBP in Immunometabolic regulation and eIF2Î± phosphorylation in obesity. Cell Rep. 2015;11:295-307 pubmed publisher..Here, we report the formation of a complex between PKR and TAR RNA-binding protein (TRBP) during metabolic and obesity-induced stress, which is critical for the regulation of eukaryotic translation ..
- Zimmermann J, Latta L, Beck A, Leidinger P, Fecher Trost C, Schlenstedt G, et al. Trans-activation response (TAR) RNA-binding protein 2 is a novel modulator of transient receptor potential canonical 4 (TRPC4) protein. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:9766-80 pubmed publisher..b>Tarbp2 was found to bind to the C terminus of TRPC4 and TRPC5 and to modulate agonist-dependent TRPC4-induced Ca(2+) ..
- Fukunaga R, Han B, Hung J, Xu J, Weng Z, Zamore P. Dicer partner proteins tune the length of mature miRNAs in flies and mammals. Cell. 2012;151:533-46 pubmed publisher..The longer form of miR-307a represses glycerol kinase and taranis mRNA expression. The mammalian Dicer-partner TRBP, a Loqs-PB homolog, similarly tunes where Dicer cleaves pre-miR-132...
- Liu X, Jin D, McManus M, Mourelatos Z. Precursor microRNA-programmed silencing complex assembly pathways in mammals. Mol Cell. 2012;46:507-17 pubmed publisher..Our studies provide a comprehensive view of miRNP/RISC assembly pathways in mammals, and our assay provides a versatile platform for further mechanistic dissection of such pathways in mammals. ..
- Eiring A, Harb J, Neviani P, Garton C, Oaks J, Spizzo R, et al. miR-328 functions as an RNA decoy to modulate hnRNP E2 regulation of mRNA translation in leukemic blasts. Cell. 2010;140:652-65 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these data reveal the dual ability of a microRNA to control cell fate both through base pairing with mRNA targets and through a decoy activity that interferes with the function of regulatory proteins. ..
- Ding J, Nie M, Liu J, Hu X, Ma L, Deng Z, et al. Trbp Is Required for Differentiation of Myoblasts and Normal Regeneration of Skeletal Muscle. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0155349 pubmed publisherGlobal inactivation of Trbp, a regulator of miRNA pathways, resulted in developmental defects and postnatal lethality in mice. Recently, we showed that cardiac-specific deletion of Trbp caused heart failure...
- Lee K, Fajardo M, Braun R. A testis cytoplasmic RNA-binding protein that has the properties of a translational repressor. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:3023-34 pubmed..From this screen we obtained two independent clones that encode Prbp, a Prm-1 RNA-binding protein. Prbp contains two copies of a double-stranded-RNA-binding domain...