Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Tacr3
Description: tachykinin receptor 3
Alias: Nk3r, Nkr, Tac3r, neuromedin-K receptor, NK-3 receptor, Nk3 receptor, neurokinin 3 receptor, neurokinin B receptor, neuromedin K receptor
- Nordquist R, Savignac H, Pauly Evers M, Walker G, Knoflach F, Borroni E, et al. Characterization of behavioral response to amphetamine, tyrosine hydroxylase levels, and dopamine receptor levels in neurokinin 3 receptor knockout mice. Behav Pharmacol. 2008;19:518-29 pubmed publisher..receptor, sensitivity to dopaminergic stimuli and levels of dopaminergic receptors and tyrosine hydroxylase in NK3 receptor knockout mice were studied...
- Pinto F, Pintado C, Pennefather J, Patak E, Candenas L. Ovarian steroids regulate tachykinin and tachykinin receptor gene expression in the mouse uterus. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2009;7:77 pubmed publisher..All genes encoding tachykinins (Tac1, Tac2 and Tac4) and tachykinin receptors (Tacr1, Tacr2 and Tacr3) were expressed in uteri from ovariectomized mice...
- Wang T, Chen S, Wang S, Shi L, Wang C, Zhang J, et al. Targeting neurokinin-3 receptor: a novel anti-angiogenesis strategy for cancer treatment. Oncotarget. 2017;8:40713-40723 pubmed publisher..the tumor angiogenesis homing sequence (NGR), we designed and synthesized two novel agonist analogues of NK3R, NK3R-A1 and NK3R-A2...
- Ruka K, Burger L, Moenter S. Regulation of arcuate neurons coexpressing kisspeptin, neurokinin B, and dynorphin by modulators of neurokinin 3 and ?-opioid receptors in adult male mice. Endocrinology. 2013;154:2761-71 pubmed publisher..Single-cell PCR confirmed most of these cells had a KNDy phenotype. The neurokinin 3 receptor (NK3R) agonist senktide increased action potential firing activity of KNDy neurons...
- Siuciak J, McCarthy S, Martin A, Chapin D, Stock J, Nadeau D, et al. Disruption of the neurokinin-3 receptor (NK3) in mice leads to cognitive deficits. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2007;194:185-95 pubmed..These studies suggest a role for NK3 in learning and memory in mice. ..
- Cook G, Elliott D, Metwali A, Blum A, Sandor M, Lynch R, et al. Molecular evidence that granuloma T lymphocytes in murine schistosomiasis mansoni express an authentic substance P (NK-1) receptor. J Immunol. 1994;152:1830-5 pubmed..CD4+ granuloma T lymphocytes, purified by FACS, express NK-1 receptor mRNA. Normal liver devoid of granulomas exhibited none of the three tachykinin receptor subclasses. ..
- Yang J, Caligioni C, Chan Y, Seminara S. Uncovering novel reproductive defects in neurokinin B receptor null mice: closing the gap between mice and men. Endocrinology. 2012;153:1498-508 pubmed publisherPatients bearing mutations in TAC3 and TACR3 (which encode neurokinin B and its receptor, respectively) have sexual infantilism and infertility due to GnRH deficiency...
- Star E, Zhu M, Shi Z, Liu H, Pashmforoush M, Sauve Y, et al. Regulation of retinal interneuron subtype identity by the Iroquois homeobox gene Irx6. Development. 2012;139:4644-55 pubmed publisher..adopt molecular features of both type 2 and 3a bipolar cells, highlighted by the ectopic upregulation of neurokinin 3 receptor (Nk3r) and Vsx1...
- Matsuoka R, Chivatakarn O, Badea T, SAMUELS I, Cahill H, Katayama K, et al. Class 5 transmembrane semaphorins control selective Mammalian retinal lamination and function. Neuron. 2011;71:460-73 pubmed publisher..These findings define a set of ligands and receptors required for the establishment of inner retinal lamination and function. ..
- Sundelin J, Provvedini D, Wahlestedt C, Laurell H, Pohl J, Peterson P. Molecular cloning of the murine substance K and substance P receptor genes. Eur J Biochem. 1992;203:625-31 pubmed..The cloning of the murine substance K and substance P receptor genes should contribute substantially to the generation of in vivo models for the detailed analysis of the functional significance of these receptors. ..
- Kung T, Crawley Y, Jones H, Luo B, Gilchrest H, Greenfeder S, et al. Tachykinin NK3-receptor deficiency does not inhibit pulmonary eosinophilia in allergic mice. Pharmacol Res. 2004;50:611-5 pubmed..These results find no role for tachykinin NK3-receptors on the pulmonary eosinophilia and lung damage after antigen challenge in mice. ..