Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: T
Description: brachyury, T-box transcription factor T
Alias: Bra, D17Mit170, Low, Tbxt, Tl2, Tl3, cou, me75, brachyury protein, brachyury, brachyury-like 2, brachyury-like 3, low ratio, protein T
- Andersson O, Bertolino P, Ibanez C. Distinct and cooperative roles of mammalian Vg1 homologs GDF1 and GDF3 during early embryonic development. Dev Biol. 2007;311:500-11 pubmed
- Hart A, Hartley L, Sourris K, Stadler E, Li R, Stanley E, et al. Mixl1 is required for axial mesendoderm morphogenesis and patterning in the murine embryo. Development. 2002;129:3597-608 pubmed..Mixl1 is therefore required for the morphogenesis of axial mesoderm, the heart and the gut during embryogenesis. ..
- Young T, Rowland J, van de Ven C, Bialecka M, Novoa A, Carapuco M, et al. Cdx and Hox genes differentially regulate posterior axial growth in mammalian embryos. Dev Cell. 2009;17:516-26 pubmed publisher..Concomitant regulation of Cyp26a1 expression, restraining retinoic acid signaling away from the posterior growth zone, may likewise play a role in timing the trunk-tail transition. ..
- Abe K, Yamamura K, Suzuki M. Molecular and embryological characterization of a new transgene-induced null allele of mouse Brachyury locus. Mamm Genome. 2000;11:238-40 pubmed
- Chawengsaksophak K, de Graaff W, Rossant J, Deschamps J, Beck F. Cdx2 is essential for axial elongation in mouse development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:7641-5 pubmed..The gene appears to be important in the integration of the pathways controlling embryonic axial elongation, and anterior-posterior patterning. ..
- Bruggeman B, Maier J, Mohiuddin Y, Powers R, Lo Y, Guimarães Camboa N, et al. Avian intervertebral disc arises from rostral sclerotome and lacks a nucleus pulposus: implications for evolution of the vertebrate disc. Dev Dyn. 2012;241:675-83 pubmed publisher..A histological analysis of mammalian and nonmammalian organisms suggests that nuclei pulposi are only present in mammals. ..
- Faisst A, Alvarez Bolado G, Treichel D, Gruss P. Rotatin is a novel gene required for axial rotation and left-right specification in mouse embryos. Mech Dev. 2002;113:15-28 pubmed..Our results show a novel key player in the genetic cascade that determines L-R specification, and suggest a causal link between this process and axial rotation. ..
- Boulet A, Capecchi M. Signaling by FGF4 and FGF8 is required for axial elongation of the mouse embryo. Dev Biol. 2012;371:235-45 pubmed publisher..The expression of Wnt3a in the tail and the amount of nascent mesoderm expressing Brachyury were both severely reduced...
- Yamaguchi T, Takada S, Yoshikawa Y, Wu N, McMahon A. T (Brachyury) is a direct target of Wnt3a during paraxial mesoderm specification. Genes Dev. 1999;13:3185-90 pubmed..In its absence cells adopt ectopic neural fates. Embryos lacking the T-box-containing transcription factors, Brachyury or Tbx6, also lack paraxial mesoderm...
- Russ A, Wattler S, Colledge W, Aparicio S, Carlton M, Pearce J, et al. Eomesodermin is required for mouse trophoblast development and mesoderm formation. Nature. 2000;404:95-9 pubmed..Here we show that the T-box gene Eomesodermin performs essential functions in both trophoblast development and gastrulation...
- Suzuki A, Raya A, Kawakami Y, Morita M, Matsui T, Nakashima K, et al. Nanog binds to Smad1 and blocks bone morphogenetic protein-induced differentiation of embryonic stem cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:10294-10299 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that Nanog expression is up-regulated in mouse ES cells by the binding of T (Brachyury) and STAT3 to an enhancer element in the mouse Nanog gene...
- Ruland J, Sirard C, Elia A, MacPherson D, Wakeham A, Li L, et al. p53 accumulation, defective cell proliferation, and early embryonic lethality in mice lacking tsg101. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:1859-64 pubmed..5. These results demonstrate that tsg101 is essential for the proliferative burst before the onset of gastrulation and establish a functional connection between tsg101 and the p53 pathway in vivo. ..
- Greene N, Gerrelli D, van Straaten H, Copp A. Abnormalities of floor plate, notochord and somite differentiation in the loop-tail (Lp) mouse: a model of severe neural tube defects. Mech Dev. 1998;73:59-72 pubmed..The notochord is also abnormally broad in Lp/Lp embryos with enlarged domains of Shh and Brachyury expression...
- Washburn L, Albrecht K, Eicher E. C57BL/6J-T-associated sex reversal in mice is caused by reduced expression of a Mus domesticus Sry allele. Genetics. 2001;158:1675-81 pubmedC57BL/6J-T-associated sex reversal (B6-TAS) in XY mice results in ovarian development and involves (1) hemizygosity for Tas, a gene located in the region of Chromosome 17 deleted in T(hp) and T(Orl), (2) homozygosity for one or more B6-..
- Norris D, Brennan J, Bikoff E, Robertson E. The Foxh1-dependent autoregulatory enhancer controls the level of Nodal signals in the mouse embryo. Development. 2002;129:3455-68 pubmed..The feedback loop is thus essential for maintenance of Nodal signals that selectively regulate target gene expression in a temporally and spatially controlled fashion in the mouse embryo. ..
- Liu P, Wakamiya M, Shea M, Albrecht U, Behringer R, Bradley A. Requirement for Wnt3 in vertebrate axis formation. Nat Genet. 1999;22:361-5 pubmed..These studies provide genetic proof for the requirement of Wnt3 in primary axis formation in the mouse. ..
- Acampora D, Avantaggiato V, Tuorto F, Briata P, Corte G, Simeone A. Visceral endoderm-restricted translation of Otx1 mediates recovery of Otx2 requirements for specification of anterior neural plate and normal gastrulation. Development. 1998;125:5091-104 pubmed..Moreover, our data lead us to hypothesize that the differential post-transcriptional control existing between VE and epiblast cells may potentially contribute to fundamental regulatory mechanisms required for head specification. ..
- Bernardo A, Faial T, Gardner L, Niakan K, Ortmann D, Senner C, et al. BRACHYURY and CDX2 mediate BMP-induced differentiation of human and mouse pluripotent stem cells into embryonic and extraembryonic lineages. Cell Stem Cell. 2011;9:144-55 pubmed publisher..These conditions induced cells with high levels of BRACHYURY (BRA) that coexpressed CDX2...
- Burtscher I, Lickert H. Foxa2 regulates polarity and epithelialization in the endoderm germ layer of the mouse embryo. Development. 2009;136:1029-38 pubmed publisher..The T-box transcription factor brachyury (T) and the Forkhead transcription factor Foxa2 specify mesoderm and endoderm in the posterior epiblast...
- Hsieh J, Lee L, Zhang L, Wefer S, Brown K, DeRossi C, et al. Mesd encodes an LRP5/6 chaperone essential for specification of mouse embryonic polarity. Cell. 2003;112:355-67 pubmed..between mesd-deficient and wnt3(-)(/)(-) embryos suggest that MESD may function on related members of the low-density lipoprotein receptor (LDLR) family, whose members mediate diverse cellular processes ranging from cargo ..
- Yoshida M, Uchikawa M, Rizzoti K, Lovell Badge R, Takemoto T, Kondoh H. Regulation of mesodermal precursor production by low-level expression of B1 Sox genes in the caudal lateral epiblast. Mech Dev. 2014;132:59-68 pubmed publisher..lateral epiblast (CLE) where axial stem cells reside, Sox2 and Sox3 are expressed at low levels, together with Brachyury. Because axial stem cells are the bipotential precursors of the neural plate and paraxial mesoderm, we ..
- Vincent S, Dunn N, Hayashi S, Norris D, Robertson E. Cell fate decisions within the mouse organizer are governed by graded Nodal signals. Genes Dev. 2003;17:1646-62 pubmed..These findings conclusively demonstrate that graded Nodal/Smad2 signals govern allocation of the axial mesendoderm precursors that selectively give rise to the ADE and PCP mesoderm...
- Ukita K, Hirahara S, Oshima N, Imuta Y, Yoshimoto A, Jang C, et al. Wnt signaling maintains the notochord fate for progenitor cells and supports the posterior extension of the notochord. Mech Dev. 2009;126:791-803 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data indicate that the NPCs are derived from Noto-positive node cells, and are not fully committed to a notochordal fate. Sustained Wnt signaling is required to maintain the NPCs' notochordal fate. ..
- Satoh W, Matsuyama M, Takemura H, Aizawa S, Shimono A. Sfrp1, Sfrp2, and Sfrp5 regulate the Wnt/beta-catenin and the planar cell polarity pathways during early trunk formation in mouse. Genesis. 2008;46:92-103 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Sfrps regulation of the canonical and noncanonical pathways is essential for proper trunk formation. ..
- Thomas P, Brown A, Beddington R. Hex: a homeobox gene revealing peri-implantation asymmetry in the mouse embryo and an early transient marker of endothelial cell precursors. Development. 1998;125:85-94 pubmed..Comparison with flk-1 (T. P. Yamaguchi et al...
- Hoodless P, Pye M, Chazaud C, Labbe E, Attisano L, Rossant J, et al. FoxH1 (Fast) functions to specify the anterior primitive streak in the mouse. Genes Dev. 2001;15:1257-71 pubmed..These results show that FoxH1 functions in an activin/nodal-Smad signaling pathway that acts upstream of Foxa2 and is required specifically for patterning the APS and node in the mouse. ..
- Xue Y, Wang X, Li Z, Gotoh N, Chapman D, Skolnik E. Mesodermal patterning defect in mice lacking the Ste20 NCK interacting kinase (NIK). Development. 2001;128:1559-72 pubmed
- Kinder S, Tsang T, Ang S, Behringer R, Tam P. Defects of the body plan of mutant embryos lacking Lim1, Otx2 or Hnf3beta activity. Int J Dev Biol. 2001;45:347-55 pubmed..of the expression pattern of genes associated with the posterior germ layer tissues and the primitive streak (T, Wnt3 and Fgf8) and anterior endoderm (Cer1 and Sox17) revealed that the A-P axis of mutant embryos remains aligned ..
- Imuta Y, Kiyonari H, Jang C, Behringer R, Sasaki H. Generation of knock-in mice that express nuclear enhanced green fluorescent protein and tamoxifen-inducible Cre recombinase in the notochord from Foxa2 and T loci. Genesis. 2013;51:210-8 pubmed publisher..green fluorescent protein (EGFP) and tamoxifen-inducible Cre, CreER(T2) , from two notochord gene loci, Foxa2 and T (Brachury)...
- Weinstein M, Yang X, Li C, Xu X, Gotay J, Deng C. Failure of egg cylinder elongation and mesoderm induction in mouse embryos lacking the tumor suppressor smad2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:9378-83 pubmed..Molecular analysis showed that smad2 mutant embryos did not undergo gastrulation or make mesoderm. The results demonstrate that smad2 is required for egg cylinder elongation, gastrulation, and mesoderm induction. ..
- Dunn N, Vincent S, Oxburgh L, Robertson E, Bikoff E. Combinatorial activities of Smad2 and Smad3 regulate mesoderm formation and patterning in the mouse embryo. Development. 2004;131:1717-28 pubmed..Collectively, these results demonstrate that dose-dependent Smad2 and Smad3 signals cooperatively mediate cell fate decisions in the early mouse embryo. ..
- Aoto K, Shikata Y, Imai H, Matsumaru D, Tokunaga T, Shioda S, et al. Mouse Shh is required for prechordal plate maintenance during brain and craniofacial morphogenesis. Dev Biol. 2009;327:106-20 pubmed publisher..These findings provide new insight into the mechanism underlying HPE pathoetiology during dynamic brain and craniofacial morphogenesis. ..
- Wittler L, Shin E, Grote P, Kispert A, Beckers A, Gossler A, et al. Expression of Msgn1 in the presomitic mesoderm is controlled by synergism of WNT signalling and Tbx6. EMBO Rep. 2007;8:784-9 pubmed..factor, which is essential for psm maturation, is regulated by synergism between WNT signalling and the T-box 6 transcription factor, involving a feed-forward control mechanism...
- Sirard C, de la Pompa J, Elia A, Itie A, Mirtsos C, Cheung A, et al. The tumor suppressor gene Smad4/Dpc4 is required for gastrulation and later for anterior development of the mouse embryo. Genes Dev. 1998;12:107-19 pubmed..Rescued embryos show severe anterior truncations, indicating a second important role for Smad4 in anterior patterning during embryogenesis. ..
- Abu Abed S, Dolle P, Metzger D, Beckett B, Chambon P, Petkovich M. The retinoic acid-metabolizing enzyme, CYP26A1, is essential for normal hindbrain patterning, vertebral identity, and development of posterior structures. Genes Dev. 2001;15:226-40 pubmed
- Savory J, Bouchard N, Pierre V, Rijli F, De Repentigny Y, Kothary R, et al. Cdx2 regulation of posterior development through non-Hox targets. Development. 2009;136:4099-110 pubmed publisher..was associated with attenuated expression of genes encoding several key players in axial elongation, including Fgf8, T, Wnt3a and Cyp26a1, and we present data suggesting that T, Wnt3a and Cyp26a1 are direct Cdx2 targets...
- Arnold S, Hofmann U, Bikoff E, Robertson E. Pivotal roles for eomesodermin during axis formation, epithelium-to-mesenchyme transition and endoderm specification in the mouse. Development. 2008;135:501-11 pubmed publisherThe T-box transcription factor eomesodermin (Eomes) has been implicated as an important component in germ layer induction and patterning in vertebrate embryos...
- Chazaud C, Rossant J. Disruption of early proximodistal patterning and AVE formation in Apc mutants. Development. 2006;133:3379-87 pubmed..In addition, we found that nuclear beta-catenin and other molecular markers are asymmetrically expressed by 4.5 days. ..
- Wang J, Hamblet N, Mark S, Dickinson M, Brinkman B, Segil N, et al. Dishevelled genes mediate a conserved mammalian PCP pathway to regulate convergent extension during neurulation. Development. 2006;133:1767-78 pubmed..These results are discussed in light of recent models on PCP and convergent extension...
- Wang C, Lee J, Cho Y, Xiao Y, Jin Q, Liu C, et al. UTX regulates mesoderm differentiation of embryonic stem cells independent of H3K27 demethylase activity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:15324-9 pubmed..However, UTX KO cells show severe defects in mesoderm differentiation and induction of Brachyury, a transcription factor essential for mesoderm development...
- Chen C, Ware S, Sato A, Houston Hawkins D, Habas R, Matzuk M, et al. The Vg1-related protein Gdf3 acts in a Nodal signaling pathway in the pre-gastrulation mouse embryo. Development. 2006;133:319-29 pubmed..Our findings indicate that Gdf3 acts in a Nodal-like signaling pathway in pre-gastrulation development, and provide evidence for the functional conservation of Vg1 activity in mice. ..
- Rana A, Barbera J, Rodriguez T, Lynch D, Hirst E, Smith J, et al. Targeted deletion of the novel cytoplasmic dynein mD2LIC disrupts the embryonic organiser, formation of the body axes and specification of ventral cell fates. Development. 2004;131:4999-5007 pubmed
- Warr N, Powles Glover N, Chappell A, Robson J, Norris D, Arkell R. Zic2-associated holoprosencephaly is caused by a transient defect in the organizer region during gastrulation. Hum Mol Genet. 2008;17:2986-96 pubmed publisher..The analysis provides genetic evidence that Zic2 functions during organizer formation and that the PCP develops via a multi-step process. ..
- Lowe L, Yamada S, Kuehn M. Genetic dissection of nodal function in patterning the mouse embryo. Development. 2001;128:1831-43 pubmed..We find that nodal signaling is required for correct positioning of the anteroposterior axis, normal anterior and midline patterning, and the left-right asymmetric development of the heart, vasculature, lungs and stomach. ..
- Huelsken J, Vogel R, Brinkmann V, Erdmann B, Birchmeier C, Birchmeier W. Requirement for beta-catenin in anterior-posterior axis formation in mice. J Cell Biol. 2000;148:567-78 pubmed..Our data demonstrate that beta-catenin function is essential in anterior-posterior axis formation in the mouse, and experiments with chimeric embryos show that this function is required in the embryonic ectoderm. ..
- Ben Haim N, Lu C, Guzman Ayala M, Pescatore L, Mesnard D, Bischofberger M, et al. The nodal precursor acting via activin receptors induces mesoderm by maintaining a source of its convertases and BMP4. Dev Cell. 2006;11:313-23 pubmed..Based on mathematical modeling, we discuss how these sequential loops control cell fate. ..
- Kimura Yoshida C, Nakano H, Okamura D, Nakao K, Yonemura S, Belo J, et al. Canonical Wnt signaling and its antagonist regulate anterior-posterior axis polarization by guiding cell migration in mouse visceral endoderm. Dev Cell. 2005;9:639-50 pubmed..We propose that Wnt/beta-catenin signaling mediates A-P axis polarization by guiding cell migration toward the prospective anterior in the pregastrula mouse embryo...
- Waldrip W, Bikoff E, Hoodless P, Wrana J, Robertson E. Smad2 signaling in extraembryonic tissues determines anterior-posterior polarity of the early mouse embryo. Cell. 1998;92:797-808 pubmed..Chimera experiments demonstrate these essential activities are contributed by the extraembryonic tissues. Thus, the extraembryonic tissues play critical roles in establishing the body plan during early mouse development. ..
- Sun X, Meyers E, Lewandoski M, Martin G. Targeted disruption of Fgf8 causes failure of cell migration in the gastrulating mouse embryo. Genes Dev. 1999;13:1834-46 pubmed..This study identifies Fgf8 as a gene essential for gastrulation and shows that signaling via FGF8 and/or FGF4 is required for cell migration away from the primitive streak. ..
- Chu G, Dunn N, Anderson D, Oxburgh L, Robertson E. Differential requirements for Smad4 in TGFbeta-dependent patterning of the early mouse embryo. Development. 2004;131:3501-12 pubmed..These results suggest that Smad4 potentiates a subset of TGFbeta-related signals during early embryonic development, but is dispensable for others. ..
- Ding J, Yang L, Yan Y, Chen A, Desai N, Wynshaw Boris A, et al. Cripto is required for correct orientation of the anterior-posterior axis in the mouse embryo. Nature. 1998;395:702-7 pubmed..Our results indicate that Cripto signalling is essential for the conversion of a proximal-distal asymmetry into an orthogonal anterior-posterior axis. ..
- Dufort D, Schwartz L, Harpal K, Rossant J. The transcription factor HNF3beta is required in visceral endoderm for normal primitive streak morphogenesis. Development. 1998;125:3015-25 pubmed..We show that such mutant embryos lack foregut and midgut endoderm. In addition, left-right asymmetry is affected in the mutant embryos. ..
- Biben C, Stanley E, Fabri L, Kotecha S, Rhinn M, Drinkwater C, et al. Murine cerberus homologue mCer-1: a candidate anterior patterning molecule. Dev Biol. 1998;194:135-51 pubmed..The data suggest that mCer-1 shares structural, functional, and expression characteristics with Xcer and may participate in patterning the anterior of the embryo and nascent somite region, in part, through a BMP-inhibitory mechanism. ..
- Aulehla A, Wehrle C, Brand Saberi B, Kemler R, Gossler A, Kanzler B, et al. Wnt3a plays a major role in the segmentation clock controlling somitogenesis. Dev Cell. 2003;4:395-406 pubmed..We propose that the segmentation clock is established by Wnt/beta-catenin signaling via a negative-feedback mechanism and that Wnt3a controls the segmentation process in vertebrates. ..
- Nowotschin S, Costello I, Piliszek A, Kwon G, Mao C, Klein W, et al. The T-box transcription factor Eomesodermin is essential for AVE induction in the mouse embryo. Genes Dev. 2013;27:997-1002 pubmed publisher..The process of AVE induction and migration are poorly understood. Here we demonstrate that the T-box gene Eomesodermin (Eomes) plays an essential role in AVE recruitment, in part by directly activating the ..
- Yamanaka Y, Tamplin O, Beckers A, Gossler A, Rossant J. Live imaging and genetic analysis of mouse notochord formation reveals regional morphogenetic mechanisms. Dev Cell. 2007;13:884-96 pubmed..Therefore, we propose three distinct regions within the mouse notochord, each with unique morphogenetic origins...
- Tamashiro D, Alarcon V, Marikawa Y. Nkx1-2 is a transcriptional repressor and is essential for the activation of Brachyury in P19 mouse embryonal carcinoma cell. Differentiation. 2012;83:282-92 pubmed publisher..In P19 cells, the expression of Nkx1-2 was activated by Wnt/Î²-catenin signaling independently of Brachyury, an evolutionary conserved early mesendoderm gene...
- Lickert H, Kutsch S, Kanzler B, Tamai Y, Taketo M, Kemler R. Formation of multiple hearts in mice following deletion of beta-catenin in the embryonic endoderm. Dev Cell. 2002;3:171-81 pubmed..We provide evidence that ablation of beta-catenin in embryonic endoderm changes cell fate from endoderm to precardiac mesoderm, consistent with the existence of bipotential mesendodermal progenitors in mouse embryos. ..
- Zachgo J, Korn R, Gossler A. Genetic interactions suggest that Danforth's short tail (Sd) is a gain-of-function mutation. Dev Genet. 1998;23:86-96 pubmed..Additionally, the attenuation of the Sd phenotype by Etl4lacZ in cis suggests that Sd is a gain-of-function mutation and lends support to the idea that Etl4lacZ is a new allele of Sd. Dev. Genet. 23:86-96, 1998. ..
- King T, Beddington R, Brown N. The role of the brachyury gene in heart development and left-right specification in the mouse. Mech Dev. 1998;79:29-37 pubmed..The mouse brachyury (T) gene encodes a transcription factor which is expressed in the developing notochord and is required for its ..
- van Rooijen C, Simmini S, Bialecka M, Neijts R, van de Ven C, Beck F, et al. Evolutionarily conserved requirement of Cdx for post-occipital tissue emergence. Development. 2012;139:2576-83 pubmed publisher..Cdx requirement for the post-head section of the axis is ancestral as it takes place in arthropods as well. ..
- Naiche L, Holder N, Lewandoski M. FGF4 and FGF8 comprise the wavefront activity that controls somitogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:4018-23 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, these data show that FGF action maintains WNT signaling, and that both signaling pathways are required in parallel to maintain PSM progenitor tissue. ..
- Goh K, Yang J, Hynes R. Mesodermal defects and cranial neural crest apoptosis in alpha5 integrin-null embryos. Development. 1997;124:4309-19 pubmed..Mesodermal markers mox-1, Notch-1, Brachyury (T) and Sonic hedgehog (Shh) were expressed in the mutant embryos in a regionally appropriate fashion...
- Pulina M, Hou S, Mittal A, Jülich D, Whittaker C, Holley S, et al. Essential roles of fibronectin in the development of the left-right embryonic body plan. Dev Biol. 2011;354:208-20 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our studies demonstrate the requisite role for a structural ECM protein and its integrin receptor in the development of the left-right axis of asymmetry in vertebrates. ..
- Biris K, Dunty W, Yamaguchi T. Mouse Ripply2 is downstream of Wnt3a and is dynamically expressed during somitogenesis. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:3167-72 pubmed..Our data are consistent with Ripply2 functioning as a segment boundary determination gene during mammalian embryogenesis. Developmental ..
- Ikeda W, Nakanishi H, Miyoshi J, Mandai K, Ishizaki H, Tanaka M, et al. Afadin: A key molecule essential for structural organization of cell-cell junctions of polarized epithelia during embryogenesis. J Cell Biol. 1999;146:1117-32 pubmed
- Kusch T, Storck T, Walldorf U, Reuter R. Brachyury proteins regulate target genes through modular binding sites in a cooperative fashion. Genes Dev. 2002;16:518-29 pubmed publisherb>Brachyury proteins, a conserved subgroup of the T domain transcription factors, specify gut and posterior mesoderm derivatives throughout the animal kingdom...
- Lagger G, O Carroll D, Rembold M, Khier H, Tischler J, Weitzer G, et al. Essential function of histone deacetylase 1 in proliferation control and CDK inhibitor repression. EMBO J. 2002;21:2672-81 pubmed..Our study provides the first evidence that a histone deacetylase is essential for unrestricted cell proliferation by repressing the expression of selective cell cycle inhibitors. ..
- Inoue T, Ota M, Mikoshiba K, Aruga J. Zic2 and Zic3 synergistically control neurulation and segmentation of paraxial mesoderm in mouse embryo. Dev Biol. 2007;306:669-84 pubmed
- Showell C, Binder O, Conlon F. T-box genes in early embryogenesis. Dev Dyn. 2004;229:201-18 pubmedThe T-box gene family, encoding related DNA-binding transcriptional regulators, plays an essential role in controlling many aspects of embryogenesis in a wide variety of organisms...
- Kelly O, Pinson K, Skarnes W. The Wnt co-receptors Lrp5 and Lrp6 are essential for gastrulation in mice. Development. 2004;131:2803-15 pubmed..The effect of reducing, but not eliminating, Wnt signaling in Lrp5(+/-);Lrp6(-/-) mutant embryos provides important insight into the interplay between Wnt, Fgf and Nodal signals in patterning the early mouse embryo. ..
- Yang X, Li C, Xu X, Deng C. The tumor suppressor SMAD4/DPC4 is essential for epiblast proliferation and mesoderm induction in mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:3667-72 pubmed..Altogether, these data demonstrate that SMAD4-mediated signals are required for epiblast proliferation, egg cylinder formation, and mesoderm induction. ..
- Sawada A, Kiyonari H, Ukita K, Nishioka N, Imuta Y, Sasaki H. Redundant roles of Tead1 and Tead2 in notochord development and the regulation of cell proliferation and survival. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:3177-89 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Tead1 and Tead2 are functionally redundant, use YAP as a major coactivator, and support notochord maintenance as well as cell proliferation and survival in mouse development. ..
- Brennan J, Lu C, Norris D, Rodriguez T, Beddington R, Robertson E. Nodal signalling in the epiblast patterns the early mouse embryo. Nature. 2001;411:965-9 pubmed..Our experiments show that proximal-distal and subsequent anterior-posterior polarity of the pregastrulation embryo result from reciprocal cell-cell interactions between the epiblast and the two extra-embryonic tissues. ..
- Yamamoto M, Meno C, Sakai Y, Shiratori H, Mochida K, Ikawa Y, et al. The transcription factor FoxH1 (FAST) mediates Nodal signaling during anterior-posterior patterning and node formation in the mouse. Genes Dev. 2001;15:1242-56 pubmed..These results indicate that a Nodal-FoxH1 signaling pathway plays a central role in A-P patterning and node formation in the mouse. ..
- Molkentin J, Lin Q, Duncan S, Olson E. Requirement of the transcription factor GATA4 for heart tube formation and ventral morphogenesis. Genes Dev. 1997;11:1061-72 pubmed..We propose that GATA4 is required for the migration or folding morphogenesis of the precardiogenic splanchnic mesodermal cells at the level of the AIP. ..
- Iwafuchi Doi M, Matsuda K, Murakami K, Niwa H, Tesar P, Aruga J, et al. Transcriptional regulatory networks in epiblast cells and during anterior neural plate development as modeled in epiblast stem cells. Development. 2012;139:3926-37 pubmed publisher..The direct interaction of these factors with enhancers of Otx2, Hesx1 and Sox2 genes was demonstrated. Thus, a combination of regulatory processes that suppresses non-ANP lineages and promotes neural plate development determines the ANP...
- Evans A, Faial T, Gilchrist M, Down T, Vallier L, Pedersen R, et al. Genomic targets of Brachyury (T) in differentiating mouse embryonic stem cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e33346 pubmed publisherThe T-box transcription factor Brachyury (T) is essential for formation of the posterior mesoderm and the notochord in vertebrate embryos...
- Narimatsu M, Bose R, Pye M, Zhang L, Miller B, Ching P, et al. Regulation of planar cell polarity by Smurf ubiquitin ligases. Cell. 2009;137:295-307 pubmed publisher..Our work thus uncovers ubiquitin ligases in a mechanistic link between noncanonical Wnt signaling and PCP/CE. ..
- Perea Gomez A, Vella F, Shawlot W, Oulad Abdelghani M, Chazaud C, Meno C, et al. Nodal antagonists in the anterior visceral endoderm prevent the formation of multiple primitive streaks. Dev Cell. 2002;3:745-56 pubmed..Both antagonists are also required for proper patterning of the primitive streak. ..
- Naiche L, Papaioannou V. Loss of Tbx4 blocks hindlimb development and affects vascularization and fusion of the allantois. Development. 2003;130:2681-93 pubmedTbx4 is a member of the T-box family of transcription factor genes, which have been shown to play important roles in development. We have ablated Tbx4 function using targeted mutagenesis in the mouse...
- Bladt F, Aippersbach E, Gelkop S, Strasser G, Nash P, Tafuri A, et al. The murine Nck SH2/SH3 adaptors are important for the development of mesoderm-derived embryonic structures and for regulating the cellular actin network. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:4586-97 pubmed..These data suggest that the Nck SH2/SH3 adaptors have important functions in the development of mesodermal structures during embryogenesis, potentially linked to a role in cell movement and cytoskeletal organization. ..
- Song J, Oh S, Schrewe H, Nomura M, Lei H, Okano M, et al. The type II activin receptors are essential for egg cylinder growth, gastrulation, and rostral head development in mice. Dev Biol. 1999;213:157-69 pubmed..These results provide genetic evidence that type II activin receptors are required for egg cylinder growth, primitive streak formation, and rostral head development in mice. ..
- Gu Z, Nomura M, Simpson B, Lei H, Feijen A, van den Eijnden van Raaij J, et al. The type I activin receptor ActRIB is required for egg cylinder organization and gastrulation in the mouse. Genes Dev. 1998;12:844-57 pubmed..These results provide genetic evidence that ActRIB functions in both epiblast and extraembryonic cells to mediate signals that are required for egg cylinder organization and gastrulation. ..
- Meisler M. Mutation watch: mouse brachyury (T), the T-box gene family, and human disease. Mamm Genome. 1997;8:799-800 pubmed