Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Sytl4
Description: synaptotagmin-like 4
Alias: Gph, Slp4, synaptotagmin-like protein 4, exophilin-2, granuphilin-a, granuphilin-b
- Kato T, Shimano H, Yamamoto T, Yokoo T, Endo Y, Ishikawa M, et al. Granuphilin is activated by SREBP-1c and involved in impaired insulin secretion in diabetic mice. Cell Metab. 2006;4:143-54 pubmed..Collectively, our data provide evidence that activation of the SREBP-1c/granuphilin pathway is a potential mechanism for impaired insulin secretion in diabetes, contributing to beta cell lipotoxicity. ..
- Chavas L, Ihara K, Kawasaki M, Torii S, Uejima T, Kato R, et al. Elucidation of Rab27 recruitment by its effectors: structure of Rab27a bound to Exophilin4/Slp2-a. Structure. 2008;16:1468-77 pubmed publisher..The observed structural complementation between the interacting surfaces of Rab27a and Exophilin4 sheds light on the disparities among the Rab27 effectors and outlines a general mechanism for their recruitment. ..
- Xu X, Coats J, Yang C, Wang A, Ahmed O, Alvarado M, et al. Modular genetic control of sexually dimorphic behaviors. Cell. 2012;148:596-607 pubmed publisher..Indeed, we find that mice with targeted disruptions of each of four of these genes (Brs3, Cckar, Irs4, Sytl4) exhibit extremely specific deficits in sex specific behaviors, with single genes controlling the pattern or ..
- Wang H, Ishizaki R, Xu J, Kasai K, Kobayashi E, Gomi H, et al. The Rab27a effector exophilin7 promotes fusion of secretory granules that have not been docked to the plasma membrane. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:319-30 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that the two Rab27a effectors, granuphilin and exophilin7, differentially regulate the exocytosis of either stably or minimally docked granules, respectively. ..
- Neophytou P, Muir E, Hutton J. A subtractive cloning approach to the identification of mRNAs specifically expressed in pancreatic beta-cells. Diabetes. 1996;45:127-33 pubmed..When combined with functional or immunological screening procedures, the approach will be useful for the isolation of beta-cell-specific molecules for immunological and genetic investigations of beta-cell function and pathology. ..
- Strom M, Hume A, Tarafder A, Barkagianni E, Seabra M. A family of Rab27-binding proteins. Melanophilin links Rab27a and myosin Va function in melanosome transport. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:25423-30 pubmed..Thus, melanophilin can associate simultaneously with activated Rab27a and myosin Va via distinct regions, and serve as a linker between these proteins. ..
- Holt O, Kanno E, Bossi G, Booth S, Daniele T, Santoro A, et al. Slp1 and Slp2-a localize to the plasma membrane of CTL and contribute to secretion from the immunological synapse. Traffic. 2008;9:446-57 pubmed publisher..study, we screened for expression of the synaptotagmin-like proteins (Slps): Slp1/JFC1, Slp2-a/exophilin4, Slp3-a, Slp4/granuphilin, Slp5 and rabphilin in CTL. We found that both Slp1 and Slp2-a are expressed in CTL...