Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Sytl2
Description: synaptotagmin-like 2
Alias: AI266830, Slp2, mKIAA1597, synaptotagmin-like protein 2, exophilin-4
- Strom M, Hume A, Tarafder A, Barkagianni E, Seabra M. A family of Rab27-binding proteins. Melanophilin links Rab27a and myosin Va function in melanosome transport. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:25423-30 pubmed..Thus, melanophilin can associate simultaneously with activated Rab27a and myosin Va via distinct regions, and serve as a linker between these proteins. ..
- Pang Z, Xu W, Cao P, Sudhof T. Calmodulin suppresses synaptotagmin-2 transcription in cortical neurons. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:33930-9 pubmed publisher..Our data describe a previously unknown, Ca(2+)/CaM-dependent regulatory pathway that controls the expression of synaptic proteins in the rostral-caudal neuraxis. ..
- Mascarell L, Auger R, Kanellopoulos J, Truffa Bachi P. The usage of alternative splice sites in Mus musculus synaptotagmin-like 2 gene is modulated by cyclosporin A and FK506 in T-lymphocytes. Mol Immunol. 2006;43:1846-54 pubmed..Two previously undected isoforms, each characterized by the retention of an intron, were found. The first, Slp2-e, includes exon 8, intron 8 and exon 9. The second, Slp2-f, is composed of exon 7, intron 7 and exon 8...
- Tuvim M, Mospan A, Burns K, Chua M, Mohler P, Melicoff E, et al. Synaptotagmin 2 couples mucin granule exocytosis to Ca2+ signaling from endoplasmic reticulum. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:9781-7 pubmed publisher..Hence, Syt2 can serve as an exocytic sensor for diverse Ca(2+) signaling systems, and its levels are limiting for stimulated secretory function in airway goblet cells. ..
- Yasuda T, Saegusa C, Kamakura S, Sumimoto H, Fukuda M. Rab27 effector Slp2-a transports the apical signaling molecule podocalyxin to the apical surface of MDCK II cells and regulates claudin-2 expression. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:3229-39 pubmed publisher..In this study, we investigated the involvement of synaptotagmin-like protein 2-a (Slp2-a), an effector molecule for the small GTPase Rab27, in polarized trafficking by using Madin-Darby canine kidney II ..
- Yasuda T, Fukuda M. Slp2-a controls renal epithelial cell size through regulation of Rap-ezrin signaling independently of Rab27. J Cell Sci. 2014;127:557-70 pubmed publisherSynaptotagmin-like protein 2 (Slp2-a/Sytl2) is a Rab27 effector protein that regulates transport of Rab27-bearing vesicles and organelles through its N-terminal Rab27-binding domain and a phospholipid-binding C2A domain...
- Khacho M, Tarabay M, Patten D, Khacho P, Maclaurin J, Guadagno J, et al. Acidosis overrides oxygen deprivation to maintain mitochondrial function and cell survival. Nat Commun. 2014;5:3550 pubmed publisher..Our findings challenge the notion that oxygen availability is a key limiting factor in oxidative metabolism and brings forth the concept that mitochondrial morphology can dictate the bioenergetic status of post-mitotic cells. ..