Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Syt3
Description: synaptotagmin III
Alias: AI385753, sytIII, synaptotagmin-3
- Gautam M, Noakes P, Moscoso L, Rupp F, Scheller R, Merlie J, et al. Defective neuromuscular synaptogenesis in agrin-deficient mutant mice. Cell. 1996;85:525-35 pubmed
- Kwon O, Adamson M, Chin H, Kozak C. Genetic mapping of five mouse genes encoding synaptotagmins. Mamm Genome. 1995;6:880-1 pubmed
- White R, Dowler L, Angeloni S, Koeller D. Assignment of Etfdh, Etfb, and Etfa to chromosomes 3, 7, and 13: the mouse homologs of genes responsible for glutaric acidemia type II in human. Genomics. 1996;33:131-4 pubmed..We used cDNA probes for the Etfdh, Etfb, and Etfa genes to determine localization of these mouse genes to chromosomes 3, 7, and 13. ..
- Hilbush B, Morgan J. A third synaptotagmin gene, Syt3, in the mouse. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:8195-9 pubmed..Here we report the isolation of a third member of the synaptotagmin family (Syt3) from mouse brain...
- Krass K, Colinayo V, Ghazalpour A, Vinters H, Lusis A, Drake T. Genetic loci contributing to age-related hippocampal lesions in mice. Neurobiol Dis. 2003;13:102-8 pubmed..The genomic data indicate that the genetic basis is complex, but with one locus playing a major role in lesion formation. These lesions may represent a useful model for investigating dysregulation of tau protein in the hippocampus. ..
- Fukuda M. Distinct developmental expression of synaptotagmin I and IX in the mouse brain. Neuroreport. 2006;17:179-82 pubmed..These findings suggest that synaptotagmin IX regulates the transport of certain vesicles in the brain other than synaptic vesicles. ..
- Morita T, Kubota H, Murata K, Nozaki M, Delarbre C, Willison K, et al. Evolution of the mouse t haplotype: recent and worldwide introgression to Mus musculus. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:6851-5 pubmed..Hence, polymorphisms among t haplotypes including lethality factors have accumulated during this short time period independently in each M. musculus subspecies. ..
- Jensen J, Ulhøi B, Jensen K. Lymph node mapping in patients with bladder cancer undergoing radical cystectomy and lymph node dissection to the level of the inferior mesenteric artery. BJU Int. 2010;106:199-205 pubmed publisher..Extending the limits above the aortic bifurcation is not necessary from a staging perspective. ..
- Tremblay M, Moss T. Loss of all 3 Extended Synaptotagmins does not affect normal mouse development, viability or fertility. Cell Cycle. 2016;15:2360-6 pubmed publisher..Given the multiple functions suggested for the E-Syts and their evolutionary conservation, our unexpected findings suggest that they may only provide a survival advantage under specific conditions that have as yet to be identified. ..
- Peters L, Ciciotte S, Su G, Simon M. The gene encoding the transcription factor Spi-B maps to mouse chromosome 7. Mamm Genome. 1997;8:452-3 pubmed
- Fukuda M, Mikoshiba K. Genomic structures of synaptotagmin II protein: comparison of exon-intron organization of the synaptotagmin gene family. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;270:528-32 pubmed..The only conserved feature among the synaptotagmin gene family seems to have a single exon that encodes the whole transmembrane domain. ..