Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Syna
Description: syncytin a
Alias: Gm453, Gm52, syncytin-A, syncytin-A, envelope glycoprotein syncytin-A
- Lu J, Zhang S, Nakano H, Simmons D, Wang S, Kong S, et al. A positive feedback loop involving Gcm1 and Fzd5 directs chorionic branching morphogenesis in the placenta. PLoS Biol. 2013;11:e1001536 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that Gcm1 and Fzd5 function in an evolutionary conserved positive feedback loop that regulates trophoblast differentiation and sites of chorionic branching morphogenesis...
- Branco M, King M, Perez García V, Bogutz A, Caley M, Fineberg E, et al. Maternal DNA Methylation Regulates Early Trophoblast Development. Dev Cell. 2016;36:152-63 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal that maternal DNA methylation controls multiple differentiation-related and physiological processes in trophoblast via both imprinting-dependent and -independent mechanisms. ..
- Gong R, Huang L, Shi J, Luo K, Qiu G, Feng H, et al. Syncytin-A mediates the formation of syncytiotrophoblast involved in mouse placental development. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2007;20:517-26 pubmed..These results present evidence in support of the direct role for syncytin-A in mouse TS cell fusion and differentiation involved in placental development. ..
- Szabo R, Peters D, Kosa P, Camerer E, Bugge T. Regulation of feto-maternal barrier by matriptase- and PAR-2-mediated signaling is required for placental morphogenesis and mouse embryonic survival. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004470 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal unexpected complementary roles of matriptase-prostasin- and PAR-2-dependent proteolytic signaling in the establishment of placental epithelial barrier function and overall embryonic survival. ..
- Henke C, Ruebner M, Faschingbauer F, Stolt C, Schaefer N, Lang N, et al. Regulation of murine placentogenesis by the retroviral genes Syncytin-A, Syncytin-B and Peg10. Differentiation. 2013;85:150-60 pubmed publisher..Due to the expression of Peg10 in TGCs, we propose an essential functional role in the fetal-maternal blood system. ..
- Stemmler M, Bedzhov I. A Cdh1HA knock-in allele rescues the Cdh1-/- phenotype but shows essential Cdh1 function during placentation. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:2330-44 pubmed publisher..Placentas without Cdh1 expression are impaired and incapable of establishing a proper connection between the embryonic and the maternal blood vessels for efficient nutrient and oxygen transport. ..
- Lacko L, Hurtado R, Hinds S, Poulos M, Butler J, Stuhlmann H. Altered feto-placental vascularization, feto-placental malperfusion and fetal growth restriction in mice with Egfl7 loss of function. Development. 2017;144:2469-2479 pubmed publisher..Expression of genes involved in branching morphogenesis, Gcm1, Syna and Synb, and in patterning of the extracellular matrix, Mmrn1, were temporally dysregulated in ..
- Hughes M, Natale B, Simmons D, Natale D. Ly6e expression is restricted to syncytiotrophoblast cells of the mouse placenta. Placenta. 2013;34:831-5 pubmed publisher..5 with spatial expression similar to Syncytin a (Syna). At later stages of gestation, Ly6e was restricted to syncytiotrophoblast in the labyrinth...
- Peng X, Pan J, Gong R, Liu Y, Kang S, Feng H, et al. Functional characterization of syncytin-A, a newly murine endogenous virus envelope protein. Implication for its fusion mechanism. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:381-9 pubmed..In this paper, we showed that SynA 1 + 2 of syncytin-A (residues 445-536, including predicted NHR, CHR, and a natural linker) could form trimer and ..
- Keniry A, Oxley D, Monnier P, Kyba M, Dandolo L, Smits G, et al. The H19 lincRNA is a developmental reservoir of miR-675 that suppresses growth and Igf1r. Nat Cell Biol. 2012;14:659-65 pubmed publisher..The controlled release of miR-675 from H19 may also allow rapid inhibition of cell proliferation in response to cellular stress or oncogenic signals. ..
- Watson E, Hughes M, Simmons D, Natale D, Sutherland A, Cross J. Cell-cell adhesion defects in Mrj mutant trophoblast cells are associated with failure to pattern the chorion during early placental development. Dev Dyn. 2011;240:2505-19 pubmed publisher..cells since Rhox4b expression, a marker of syncytiotrophoblast progenitors, was maintained and Gcm1, Synb, and Syna expression failed to increase...
- Kashif M, Hellwig A, Kolleker A, Shahzad K, Wang H, Lang S, et al. p45NF-E2 represses Gcm1 in trophoblast cells to regulate syncytium formation, placental vascularization and embryonic growth. Development. 2011;138:2235-47 pubmed publisher..These studies identify a novel function of p45NF-E2 during placental development: in trophoblast cells, p45NF-E2 represses Gcm1 and syncytiotrophoblast formation via acetylation. ..