Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Sycp2
Description: synaptonemal complex protein 2
Alias: 3830402K23Rik, 4930518F03Rik, synaptonemal complex protein 2, SCP-2, synaptonemal complex lateral element protein
- Berkowitz K, Sowash A, Koenig L, Urcuyo D, Khan F, Yang F, et al. Disruption of CHTF18 causes defective meiotic recombination in male mice. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002996 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate essential roles for CHTF18 in mammalian spermatogenesis and meiosis, and suggest that CHTF18 may function during the double-strand break repair pathway to promote the formation of crossovers. ..
- Park C, Rehrauer H, Mansuy I. Genome-wide analysis of H4K5 acetylation associated with fear memory in mice. BMC Genomics. 2013;14:539 pubmed publisher..More broadly, this study strengthens the importance of histone posttranslational modifications for the differential regulation of transcriptional programs in cognitive processes. ..
- SchÃ¼cker K, Holm T, Franke C, Sauer M, Benavente R. Elucidation of synaptonemal complex organization by super-resolution imaging with isotropic resolution. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:2029-33 pubmed publisher..A single-cell preparation generates sufficient localizations to compile a 3D model of the SC with nanometer precision. ..
- La Salle S, Palmer K, O Brien M, Schimenti J, Eppig J, Handel M. Spata22, a novel vertebrate-specific gene, is required for meiotic progress in mouse germ cells. Biol Reprod. 2012;86:45 pubmed publisher..The repro42 mutation thus identifies a novel mammalian germ cell-specific gene required for meiotic progression. ..
- Fukuda T, Pratto F, Schimenti J, Turner J, Camerini Otero R, Hoog C. Phosphorylation of chromosome core components may serve as axis marks for the status of chromosomal events during mammalian meiosis. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002485 pubmed publisher..We show here that many protein components of the meiotic chromosome axis, including SYCP2, SYCP3, HORMAD1, HORMAD2, SMC3, STAG3, and REC8, become post-translationally modified by phosphorylation during ..
- Shin Y, McGuire M, Rajkovic A. Mouse HORMAD1 is a meiosis i checkpoint protein that modulates DNA double- strand break repair during female meiosis. Biol Reprod. 2013;89:29 pubmed..Moreover, Hormad1 deficiency rescued Dmc1(?/?) oocytes. These results indicate that Hormad1 deficiency promotes DMC1-independent DSB repairs, which in turn helps asynaptic Hormad1(?/?) oocytes resist perinatal loss. ..
- Malki S, van der Heijden G, O Donnell K, Martin S, Bortvin A. A role for retrotransposon LINE-1 in fetal oocyte attrition in mice. Dev Cell. 2014;29:521-533 pubmed publisher..We propose that FOA serves to select oocytes with limited L1 activity that are therefore best suited for the next generation...
- Luo M, Zhou J, Leu N, Abreu C, Wang J, Anguera M, et al. Polycomb protein SCML2 associates with USP7 and counteracts histone H2A ubiquitination in the XY chromatin during male meiosis. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1004954 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that the SCML2/USP7 complex constitutes a novel molecular pathway in modulating the epigenetic state of sex chromosomes during male meiosis. ..
- Zhou J, Stein P, Leu N, Chmatal L, Xue J, Ma J, et al. Accelerated reproductive aging in females lacking a novel centromere protein SYCP2L. Hum Mol Genet. 2015;24:6505-14 pubmed publisher..SYCP2L is a paralogue of the synaptonemal complex protein SYCP2 and is expressed exclusively in oocytes...