Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Sv2c
Description: synaptic vesicle glycoprotein 2c
Alias: 4930527L09Rik, AI841971, synaptic vesicle glycoprotein 2C, synaptic vesicle protein 2C
- Vergaño Vera E, Yusta Boyo M, De Castro F, Bernad A, de Pablo F, Vicario Abejón C. Generation of GABAergic and dopaminergic interneurons from endogenous embryonic olfactory bulb precursor cells. Development. 2006;133:4367-79 pubmed..These findings suggest that, in addition to receiving interneurons from the LGE, the embryonic OB contains molecularly distinct local precursor cells that generate mature GABAergic and dopaminergic neurons. ..
- Dunn A, Stout K, Ozawa M, Lohr K, Hoffman C, Bernstein A, et al. Synaptic vesicle glycoprotein 2C (SV2C) modulates dopamine release and is disrupted in Parkinson disease. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:E2253-E2262 pubmed publisher..The ubiquitously expressed SV2A has been widely implicated in epilepsy, although SV2C with its restricted basal ganglia distribution is poorly characterized...
- Lazzell D, Belizaire R, Thakur P, Sherry D, Janz R. SV2B regulates synaptotagmin 1 by direct interaction. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:52124-31 pubmed publisherSV2 proteins are abundant synaptic vesicle proteins expressed in two major (SV2A and SV2B) and one minor (SV2C) isoform. SV2A and SV2B have been shown to be involved in the regulation of synaptic vesicle exocytosis...
- Prince J, Brignall A, Cutforth T, Shen K, Cloutier J. Kirrel3 is required for the coalescence of vomeronasal sensory neuron axons into glomeruli and for male-male aggression. Development. 2013;140:2398-408 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that differential expression of Kirrels on vomeronasal axons generates a molecular code that dictates their proper coalescence into glomeruli within the AOB. ..
- Crèvecœur J, Foerch P, Doupagne M, Thielen C, Vandenplas C, Moonen G, et al. Expression of SV2 isoforms during rodent brain development. BMC Neurosci. 2013;14:87 pubmed publisherSV2A, SV2B and SV2C are synaptic vesicle proteins that are structurally related to members of the major facilitator superfamily (MFS)...
- Dardou D, Monlezun S, Foerch P, Courade J, Cuvelier L, De Ryck M, et al. A role for Sv2c in basal ganglia functions. Brain Res. 2013;1507:61-73 pubmed publisherb>SV2C is an isoform of the synaptic vesicle 2 protein family that exhibits a particular pattern of brain expression with enriched expression in several basal ganglia nuclei...
- Dunn A, Hoffman C, Stout K, Ozawa M, Dhamsania R, Miller G. Immunochemical analysis of the expression of SV2C in mouse, macaque and human brain. Brain Res. 2019;1702:85-95 pubmed publisherThe synaptic vesicle glycoprotein 2C (SV2C) is an undercharacterized protein with enriched expression in phylogenetically old brain regions...
- Herbst R, Avetisova E, Burden S. Restoration of synapse formation in Musk mutant mice expressing a Musk/Trk chimeric receptor. Development. 2002;129:5449-60 pubmed..Moreover, acetylcholine receptor clustering and motor terminal branching are restored in parallel, indicating that the extent of presynaptic differentiation is matched to the extent of postsynaptic differentiation. ..
- Chen J, Billings S, Nishimune H. Calcium channels link the muscle-derived synapse organizer laminin ?2 to Bassoon and CAST/Erc2 to organize presynaptic active zones. J Neurosci. 2011;31:512-25 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that presynaptic VDCCs link the target-derived synapse organizer laminin ?2 to active-zone proteins and function as scaffolding proteins to anchor active-zone proteins to the presynaptic membrane. ..
- Ross J, Webster R, Lechertier T, Reynolds L, Turmaine M, Bencze M, et al. Multiple roles of integrin-Î±3 at the neuromuscular junction. J Cell Sci. 2017;130:1772-1784 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate multiple roles of integrin-Î±3 at the NMJ, and suggest that alterations in its function could underlie defects that occur in neurodegeneration or ageing. ..