Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Sv2b
Description: synaptic vesicle glycoprotein 2 b
Alias: A830038F04Rik, AI850768, mKIAA0735, synaptic vesicle glycoprotein 2B, synaptic vesicle protein 2B
- Dong M, Yeh F, Tepp W, Dean C, Johnson E, Janz R, et al. SV2 is the protein receptor for botulinum neurotoxin A. Science. 2006;312:592-6 pubmed..BoNT/A binding to SV2A and SV2B knockout hippocampal neurons was abolished and was restored by expressing SV2A, SV2B, or SV2C...
- Venkatesan K, Alix P, Marquet A, Doupagne M, Niespodziany I, Rogister B, et al. Altered balance between excitatory and inhibitory inputs onto CA1 pyramidal neurons from SV2A-deficient but not SV2B-deficient mice. J Neurosci Res. 2012;90:2317-27 pubmed publisherSynaptic vesicle protein 2 (SV2) is a glycoprotein that exists in three isoforms, SV2A, SV2B, and SV2C...
- Wan Q, Zhou Z, Thakur P, Vila A, Sherry D, Janz R, et al. SV2 acts via presynaptic calcium to regulate neurotransmitter release. Neuron. 2010;66:884-95 pubmed publisher..This increase is essential for the expression of the SV2B(-/-) secretory phenotype, characterized by changes in synaptic vesicle dynamics, synaptic plasticity, and synaptic ..
- Chang W, Sudhof T. SV2 renders primed synaptic vesicles competent for Ca2+ -induced exocytosis. J Neurosci. 2009;29:883-97 pubmed publisher..Viewed together, these observations suggest that SV2 functions in a maturation step of primed vesicles that converts the vesicles into a Ca(2+)- and synaptotagmin-responsive state. ..
- Wang M, Janz R, Belizaire R, Frishman L, Sherry D. Differential distribution and developmental expression of synaptic vesicle protein 2 isoforms in the mouse retina. J Comp Neurol. 2003;460:106-22 pubmed..Three SV2 isoforms (SV2A, SV2B, SV2C) have been identified recently, each of which has a unique distribution in brain, suggesting synapse-specific ..
- Zhao C, Takita J, Tanaka Y, Setou M, Nakagawa T, Takeda S, et al. Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 2A caused by mutation in a microtubule motor KIF1Bbeta. Cell. 2001;105:587-97 pubmed..We show that CMT2A patients contain a loss-of-function mutation in the motor domain of the KIF1B gene. This is clear indication that defects in axonal transport due to a mutated motor protein can underlie human peripheral neuropathy. ..
- Chen J, Billings S, Nishimune H. Calcium channels link the muscle-derived synapse organizer laminin ?2 to Bassoon and CAST/Erc2 to organize presynaptic active zones. J Neurosci. 2011;31:512-25 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that presynaptic VDCCs link the target-derived synapse organizer laminin ?2 to active-zone proteins and function as scaffolding proteins to anchor active-zone proteins to the presynaptic membrane. ..
- Ross J, Webster R, Lechertier T, Reynolds L, Turmaine M, Bencze M, et al. Multiple roles of integrin-Î±3 at the neuromuscular junction. J Cell Sci. 2017;130:1772-1784 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate multiple roles of integrin-Î±3 at the NMJ, and suggest that alterations in its function could underlie defects that occur in neurodegeneration or ageing. ..
- Noakes P, Chin D, Kim S, Liang S, Phillips W. Expression and localisation of dynamin and syntaxin during neural development and neuromuscular synapse formation. J Comp Neurol. 1999;410:531-40 pubmed..The delayed appearance of dynamin at the synapse, thus, heralds the neonatal development of robust synaptic transmission at the neuromuscular junction. ..
- Rich K, Zhan Y, Blanks J. Migration and synaptogenesis of cone photoreceptors in the developing mouse retina. J Comp Neurol. 1997;388:47-63 pubmed..The types of cues used by maturing cone cells for their eventual sclerad location remain to be elucidated. ..
- Misgeld T, Burgess R, Lewis R, Cunningham J, Lichtman J, Sanes J. Roles of neurotransmitter in synapse formation: development of neuromuscular junctions lacking choline acetyltransferase. Neuron. 2002;36:635-48 pubmed..At subsequent stages, neurotransmission delays some steps in synaptic maturation but accelerates others. Thus, neurotransmission affects synaptogenesis from early stages and coordinates rather than drives synaptic maturation. ..
- Liang S, Motin L, Moussa C, Lavidis N, Phillips W. Spatial distribution and developmental appearance of postjunctional P2X1 receptors on smooth muscle cells of the mouse vas deferens. Synapse. 2001;42:1-11 pubmed
- Crèvecœur J, Foerch P, Doupagne M, Thielen C, Vandenplas C, Moonen G, et al. Expression of SV2 isoforms during rodent brain development. BMC Neurosci. 2013;14:87 pubmed publisherSV2A, SV2B and SV2C are synaptic vesicle proteins that are structurally related to members of the major facilitator superfamily (MFS)...
- Sarria J, Catsicas S, Hornung J, Hirling H. Developmental and spatial expression pattern of syntaxin 13 in the mouse central nervous system. Cell Tissue Res. 2002;309:209-18 pubmed..In conclusion, the developmentally regulated syntaxin 13 expression in various neuronal populations is consistent with its involvement in endocytic trafficking and neurite outgrowth. ..
- Nowack A, Yao J, Custer K, Bajjalieh S. SV2 regulates neurotransmitter release via multiple mechanisms. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2010;299:C960-7 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that SV2 performs at least two actions at the synapse that contribute to neurotransmitter release. ..
- Burgess R, Skarnes W, Sanes J. Agrin isoforms with distinct amino termini: differential expression, localization, and function. J Cell Biol. 2000;151:41-52 pubmed..Thus, basal lamina-associated LN-agrin is required for neuromuscular synaptogenesis, whereas cell-associated SN-agrin may play distinct roles in the central nervous system. ..
- Pan J, Luk C, Kent G, Cutz E, Yeger H. Pulmonary neuroendocrine cells, airway innervation, and smooth muscle are altered in Cftr null mice. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2006;35:320-6 pubmed..Cftr could play a role in the development of the PNEC system, lung innervation, and airway smooth muscle. ..
- Fukusumi Y, Wakamatsu A, Takashima N, Hasegawa E, Miyauchi N, Tomita M, et al. SV2B is essential for the integrity of the glomerular filtration barrier. Lab Invest. 2015;95:534-45 pubmed publisher..We have previously reported that synaptic vesicle protein 2 B (SV2B) is expressed in the podocyte and that the expression is clearly decreased in nephrotic models...
- Detrait E, Maurice T, Hanon E, Leclercq K, Lamberty Y. Lack of synaptic vesicle protein SV2B protects against amyloid-??????-induced oxidative stress, cholinergic deficit and cognitive impairment in mice. Behav Brain Res. 2014;271:277-85 pubmed publisherb>SV2B is a synaptic protein widely distributed throughout the brain, which is part of the complex vesicle protein machinery involved in the regulation of synaptic vesicle endocytosis and exocytosis, and therefore in neurotransmitters ..
- Yao J, de la Iglesia H, Bajjalieh S. Loss of the SV2-like protein SVOP produces no apparent deficits in laboratory mice. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e68215 pubmed publisher..To test this, we generated SVOP knockout mice and SVOP/SV2A/SV2B triple knockout mice. Mice lacking SVOP are viable, fertile and phenotypically normal...
- Yeh F, Dong M, Yao J, Tepp W, Lin G, Johnson E, et al. SV2 mediates entry of tetanus neurotoxin into central neurons. PLoS Pathog. 2010;6:e1001207 pubmed publisher..Toxin entry into knockout neurons was rescued by infecting with viruses that express SV2A or SV2B. Tetanus toxin elicited the hyper excitability in dissociated spinal cord neurons - due to preferential loss of ..
- Terrado J, Burgess R, DeChiara T, Yancopoulos G, Sanes J, Kato A. Motoneuron survival is enhanced in the absence of neuromuscular junction formation in embryos. J Neurosci. 2001;21:3144-50 pubmed..The motoneuron numbers in the double mutants parallel those of the single MuSK-deficient mice, indicating that synapse disruption can even overcome the deleterious effect of CNTFRalpha ablation. ..
- Prince J, Brignall A, Cutforth T, Shen K, Cloutier J. Kirrel3 is required for the coalescence of vomeronasal sensory neuron axons into glomeruli and for male-male aggression. Development. 2013;140:2398-408 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that differential expression of Kirrels on vomeronasal axons generates a molecular code that dictates their proper coalescence into glomeruli within the AOB. ..
- Bramblett D, Pennesi M, Wu S, Tsai M. The transcription factor Bhlhb4 is required for rod bipolar cell maturation. Neuron. 2004;43:779-93 pubmed..Other retinal cell populations including photoreceptors were unaltered. The timing of RB cell depletion in the Bhlhb4(-/-) mouse suggests that Bhlhb4 is essential for RB cell maturation. ..
- Herbst R, Avetisova E, Burden S. Restoration of synapse formation in Musk mutant mice expressing a Musk/Trk chimeric receptor. Development. 2002;129:5449-60 pubmed..Moreover, acetylcholine receptor clustering and motor terminal branching are restored in parallel, indicating that the extent of presynaptic differentiation is matched to the extent of postsynaptic differentiation. ..
- Ahnert Hilger G, Kutay U, Chahoud I, Rapoport T, Wiedenmann B. Synaptobrevin is essential for secretion but not for the development of synaptic processes. Eur J Cell Biol. 1996;70:1-11 pubmed..We conclude that synaptobrevin represents a marker for early events in synaptogenesis. Its proteolysis by tetanus toxin, however, does not interfere with the formation of synaptic contacts and neuronal differentiation. ..
- Vergaño Vera E, Yusta Boyo M, De Castro F, Bernad A, de Pablo F, Vicario Abejón C. Generation of GABAergic and dopaminergic interneurons from endogenous embryonic olfactory bulb precursor cells. Development. 2006;133:4367-79 pubmed..These findings suggest that, in addition to receiving interneurons from the LGE, the embryonic OB contains molecularly distinct local precursor cells that generate mature GABAergic and dopaminergic neurons. ..