Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Suv39h2
Description: suppressor of variegation 3-9 2
Alias: 4930507K23Rik, AA536750, D030054H19Rik, D2Ertd544e, KMT1B, histone-lysine N-methyltransferase SUV39H2, H3-K9-HMTase 2, Suv39h histone methyltransferase, histone H3-K9 methyltransferase 2, su(var)3-9 homolog 2, suppressor of variegation 3-9 homolog 2
- Schoeftner S, Blasco M. Developmentally regulated transcription of mammalian telomeres by DNA-dependent RNA polymerase II. Nat Cell Biol. 2008;10:228-36 pubmed..Our results indicate that TelRNAs are novel components of mammalian telomeres, which are anticipated to be fundamental for understanding telomere biology and telomere-related diseases, such as cancer and ageing. ..
- Takada Y, Naruse C, Costa Y, Shirakawa T, Tachibana M, Sharif J, et al. HP1? links histone methylation marks to meiotic synapsis in mice. Development. 2011;138:4207-17 pubmed publisher..This study also reveals considerable plasticity in the interplay between different histone modifications and suggests that such stepwise and dynamic epigenetic modifications may play a pivotal role in meiosis. ..
- Ideno H, Shimada A, Imaizumi K, Kimura H, Abe M, Nakashima K, et al. Predominant expression of H3K9 methyltransferases in prehypertrophic and hypertrophic chondrocytes during mouse growth plate cartilage development. Gene Expr Patterns. 2013;13:84-90 pubmed publisher..domain, bifurcated 1), PRDM2 (PR domain containing 2), SUV39H1 (suppressor of variegation 3-9 homolog 1), and SUV39H2, as well as the distribution of 3 types of HKM at histone H3 lysine 9: mono- (H3K9me1), di- (H3K9me2), or tri-..
- Rice J, Briggs S, Ueberheide B, Barber C, Shabanowitz J, Hunt D, et al. Histone methyltransferases direct different degrees of methylation to define distinct chromatin domains. Mol Cell. 2003;12:1591-8 pubmed..In contrast, Suv39h1 and Suv39h2 directed H3 Lys9 trimethylation specifically at pericentric heterochromatin...
- Shao J, Li L, Xu H, Yang L, Bian Y, Fang M, et al. Suv39h2 deficiency ameliorates diet-induced steatosis in mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;485:658-664 pubmed publisher..In the present study we investigated the involvement of the histone methyltransferase Suv39h2 in the pathogenesis of steatosis...
- Yoshioka H, McCarrey J, Yamazaki Y. Dynamic nuclear organization of constitutive heterochromatin during fetal male germ cell development in mice. Biol Reprod. 2009;80:804-12 pubmed publisher..with major and minor satellite repeat sequences, plus inactivation of histone methyltransferases (Suv39h1 and Suv39h2), and transient activation of histone demethylase (Jmjd2b) in these same cells...
- Benlhabib H, Mendelson C. Epigenetic regulation of surfactant protein A gene (SP-A) expression in fetal lung reveals a critical role for Suv39h methyltransferases during development and hypoxia. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:1949-58 pubmed publisher..Importantly, expression and TBE binding of the H3K9 methyltransferases, Suv39h1 and Suv39h2, was inversely correlated with the developmental upregulation of SP-A...
- Wu R, Terry A, Singh P, Gilbert D. Differential subnuclear localization and replication timing of histone H3 lysine 9 methylation states. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:2872-81 pubmed..These results demonstrate that mono-, di-, and trimethylated states of K9H3 largely occupy distinct chromosome domains. ..
- Yang L, Mei Q, Zielinska Kwiatkowska A, Matsui Y, Blackburn M, Benedetti D, et al. An ERG (ets-related gene)-associated histone methyltransferase interacts with histone deacetylases 1/2 and transcription co-repressors mSin3A/B. Biochem J. 2003;369:651-7 pubmed..Taken together, these data suggest that ESET histone methyltransferase can form a large, multi-protein complex(es) with mSin3A/B co-repressors and HDAC1/2 that participates in multiple pathways of transcriptional repression. ..
- Puschendorf M, Terranova R, Boutsma E, Mao X, Isono K, Brykczynska U, et al. PRC1 and Suv39h specify parental asymmetry at constitutive heterochromatin in early mouse embryos. Nat Genet. 2008;40:411-20 pubmed publisher..In Suv39h2 maternally deficient zygotes, PRC1 also associates with maternal heterochromatin lacking H3K9me3, thereby ..
- Bulut Karslioglu A, De La Rosa Velazquez I, Ramirez F, Barenboim M, Onishi Seebacher M, Arand J, et al. Suv39h-dependent H3K9me3 marks intact retrotransposons and silences LINE elements in mouse embryonic stem cells. Mol Cell. 2014;55:277-90 pubmed publisher..These data provide a function for Suv39h-dependent H3K9me3 chromatin to specifically repress intact LINE elements in the ESC epigenome. ..
- Maison C, Bailly D, Quivy J, Almouzni G. The methyltransferase Suv39h1 links the SUMO pathway to HP1? marking at pericentric heterochromatin. Nat Commun. 2016;7:12224 pubmed publisher..We discuss how linking Suv39h1 to the SUMO pathway provides conceptual implications for our general view on nuclear domain organization and physiological functions. ..
- Bradley S, Kaminski D, Peters A, Jenuwein T, Stavnezer J. The histone methyltransferase Suv39h1 increases class switch recombination specifically to IgA. J Immunol. 2006;177:1179-88 pubmed..Taken together, our results suggest that Suv39h1 activity inhibits the activity of a sequence-specific DNA-binding protein that represses switch recombination to IgA. ..
- Chen L, Li Z, Zwolinska A, Smith M, Cross B, Koomen J, et al. MDM2 recruitment of lysine methyltransferases regulates p53 transcriptional output. EMBO J. 2010;29:2538-52 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that MDM2-dependent recruitment of methyltransferases is a novel mechanism of p53 regulation through methylation of both p53 itself and histone H3 at target promoters. ..
- Duong H, Weitz C. Temporal orchestration of repressive chromatin modifiers by circadian clock Period complexes. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2014;21:126-32 pubmed publisher..Circadian clock negative feedback by the PER complex thus involves dynamic, ordered recruitment of repressive chromatin modifiers to DNA-bound Clock-Bmal1. ..