Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Sult1a1
Description: sulfotransferase family 1A, phenol-preferring, member 1
Alias: AI266890, PST, ST1A1, ST1A4, Stp, Stp1, mSTp1, sulfotransferase 1A1, aryl sulfotransferase, arylsulfotransferase ST1A4, phenol sulfotransferase, phenol/aryl sulfotransferase, sulfokinase, sulfotransferase, phenol preferring 1
- Xu S, Ladak R, Swanson D, Soltyk A, Sun H, Ploder L, et al. PHR1 encodes an abundant, pleckstrin homology domain-containing integral membrane protein in the photoreceptor outer segments. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:35676-85 pubmed..This activity and subcellular location suggests that PHR1 may function as a previously unrecognized modulator of the phototransduction pathway. ..
- Khan A, Taylor B, Filie J, Ringer D, Kozak C. Rat phenol-preferring sulfotransferase genes (Stp and Stp2): localization to mouse chromosomes 7 and 17. Genomics. 1995;26:417-9 pubmedThe phenol-preferring sulfotransferases aryl sulfotransferase IV and N-hydroxyarylamine sulfotransferase catalyze sulfate conjugation of N-hydroxy-2-acetylaminofluorene, a metabolite capable of causing hepatocarcinogenesis in rats...
- Sachse B, Meinl W, Glatt H, Monien B. The effect of knockout of sulfotransferases 1a1 and 1d1 and of transgenic human sulfotransferases 1A1/1A2 on the formation of DNA adducts from furfuryl alcohol in mouse models. Carcinogenesis. 2014;35:2339-45 pubmed publisher..studies with Salmonella typhimurium strains expressing different human and murine SULT forms indicated that human SULT1A1 and murine Sult1a1 and 1d1 catalyze furfuryl alcohol sulfo conjugation most effectively...
- Simckes A, Swanson S, White R. Chromosomal localization of three vacuolar-H+ -ATPase 16 kDa subunit (ATP6V0C) genes in the murine genome. Cytogenet Genome Res. 2002;97:111-5 pubmed..Atp6v0c maps to Chromosome 17, closely linked to the Tsc2 locus and D17Mit55. This region of Chromosome 17 in mouse is homologous with chromosome 16 in human where the ATP6V0C gene is localized. ..
- Hsiao Y, Yang Y. A single mutation converts the nucleotide specificity of phenol sulfotransferase from PAP to AMP. Biochemistry. 2002;41:12959-66 pubmed..In addition to PAPS, phenol sulfotransferase (PST), a member of the ST family, utilizes other nucleotides as substrates with much less catalytic ..
- Tsoi C, Falany C, Morgenstern R, Swedmark S. Identification of a new subfamily of sulphotransferases: cloning and characterization of canine SULT1D1. Biochem J. 2001;356:891-7 pubmed..Thus these results seem to exclude them from the SULT1A subfamily. We therefore propose a new subfamily in the phenol SULT family, designated SULT1D, and consequently the canine enzyme is termed SULT1D1. ..
- Nelms K, O Neill T, Li S, Hubbard S, Gustafson T, Paul W. Alternative splicing, gene localization, and binding of SH2-B to the insulin receptor kinase domain. Mamm Genome. 1999;10:1160-7 pubmed..Additionally, the chromosomal location of the SH2-B gene was determined to be the distal arm of mouse Chromosome (Chr) 7 in a region linked to obesity in mice. ..
- Wang W, Chen X, Xu H, Lufkin T. Msx3: a novel murine homologue of the Drosophila msh homeobox gene restricted to the dorsal embryonic central nervous system. Mech Dev. 1996;58:203-15 pubmed..By analogy with the expression of msh/Msx genes in other organisms, it is likely that one of the ancestral functions of the msh/Msx gene family is in patterning of the CNS. ..
- Kong A, Ma M, Tao D, Yang L. Molecular cloning of cDNA encoding the phenol/aryl form of sulfotransferase (mSTp1) from mouse liver. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1993;1171:315-8 pubmedThe cDNA sequence of the mouse liver phenol/aryl form of sulfotransferase (mSTp1) has been determined...
- Chapman D, Agulnik I, Hancock S, Silver L, Papaioannou V. Tbx6, a mouse T-Box gene implicated in paraxial mesoderm formation at gastrulation. Dev Biol. 1996;180:534-42 pubmed..5 days postcoitus, indicating that the continued expression of Tbx6 is directly or indirectly dependent upon Brachyury expression. ..
- Tsui F, Tsui H, Mok S, Mlinaric I, Copeland N, Gilbert D, et al. Molecular characterization and mapping of murine genes encoding three members of the stefin family of cysteine proteinase inhibitors. Genomics. 1993;15:507-14 pubmed
- Herrmann K, Engst W, Meinl W, Florian S, Cartus A, Schrenk D, et al. Formation of hepatic DNA adducts by methyleugenol in mouse models: drastic decrease by Sult1a1 knockout and strong increase by transgenic human SULT1A1/2. Carcinogenesis. 2014;35:935-41 pubmed publisher..We previously demonstrated that human sulfotransferases (SULTs) 1A1 and 1A2 as well as mouse Sult1a1, expressed in Salmonella target strains, are able to activate 1'-hydroxymethyleugenol (1'-OH-ME) and 3'-..
- Bendadani C, Meinl W, Monien B, Dobbernack G, Florian S, Engst W, et al. Determination of sulfotransferase forms involved in the metabolic activation of the genotoxicant 1-hydroxymethylpyrene using bacterially expressed enzymes and genetically modified mouse models. Chem Res Toxicol. 2014;27:1060-9 pubmed publisher..Subsequently, we used cytosolic preparations from tissues of four mouse lines (wild-type, Sult1a1-, Sult1d1-, and transgenic for human SULT1A1/2) for the activation of 1-HMP in the mutagenicity assay...
- Charles C, Abler A, Lau L. cDNA sequence of a growth factor-inducible immediate early gene and characterization of its encoded protein. Oncogene. 1992;7:187-90 pubmed..Using affinity-purified antibodies, we have identified the 3CH134 protein in serum-stimulated Balb/c 3T3 cells and determined that it has a short half-life. ..
- Sachse B, Meinl W, Sommer Y, Glatt H, Seidel A, Monien B. Bioactivation of food genotoxicants 5-hydroxymethylfurfural and furfuryl alcohol by sulfotransferases from human, mouse and rat: a comparative study. Arch Toxicol. 2016;90:137-48 pubmed publisher..The catalytic efficiencies (k cat/K M) of HMF sulfoconjugation of human SULT1A1 (13.7Â s(-1)Â M(-1)), mouse Sult1a1 (15.8Â s(-1)Â M(-1)) and 1d1 (4...