Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Stx1b
Description: syntaxin 1B
Alias: Stx1b2, Stx1bl, Syn1b, syntaxin-1B, syntaxin 1B1, syntaxin 1B2
- Tanaka S, Kabayama H, Enomoto M, Saito N, Mikoshiba K. Inositol 1, 4, 5-trisphosphate receptor interacts with the SNARE domain of syntaxin 1B. J Physiol Sci. 2011;61:221-9 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Syx1B is an IP(3)R-interacting protein and that its interaction may play a crucial role in regulating the channel activity of IP(3)Rs in Syx1B-expressing cells. ..
- Mishima T, Fujiwara T, Sanada M, Kofuji T, Kanai Azuma M, Akagawa K. Syntaxin 1B, but not syntaxin 1A, is necessary for the regulation of synaptic vesicle exocytosis and of the readily releasable pool at central synapses. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e90004 pubmed publisherTwo syntaxin 1 (STX1) isoforms, HPC-1/STX1A and STX1B, are coexpressed in neurons and function as neuronal target membrane (t)-SNAREs. However, little is known about their functional differences in synaptic transmission...
- Corradini I, Donzelli A, Antonucci F, Welzl H, Loos M, Martucci R, et al. Epileptiform activity and cognitive deficits in SNAP-25(+/-) mice are normalized by antiepileptic drugs. Cereb Cortex. 2014;24:364-76 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that reduction of SNAP-25 expression is associated to generation of epileptiform discharges and cognitive dysfunctions, which can be effectively treated by antiepileptic drugs. ..
- Zhou P, Pang Z, Yang X, Zhang Y, Rosenmund C, Bacaj T, et al. Syntaxin-1 N-peptide and Habc-domain perform distinct essential functions in synaptic vesicle fusion. EMBO J. 2013;32:159-71 pubmed publisher..Thus, the N-terminal syntaxin-1 domains mediate different functions in synaptic vesicle fusion, probably via formation of distinct Munc18/SNARE-protein complexes. ..
- Kablar B. Determination of retinal cell fates is affected in the absence of extraocular striated muscles. Dev Dyn. 2003;226:478-90 pubmed..However, extrinsic cues seem to change intrinsic properties (e.g., competence) of retinal progenitor cells and influence the ratios of the differentiated cell types (i.e., cell fate choice) they produce. ..
- Wu F, Li R, Umino Y, Kaczynski T, Sapkota D, Li S, et al. Onecut1 is essential for horizontal cell genesis and retinal integrity. J Neurosci. 2013;33:13053-65, 13065a pubmed publisher..In sum, these results demonstrate that Oc1 is a critical determinant of HC fate, and reveal that HCs are essential for photoreceptor viability, retinal integrity, and normal visual function. ..
- Pertsinidis A, Mukherjee K, Sharma M, Pang Z, Park S, Zhang Y, et al. Ultrahigh-resolution imaging reveals formation of neuronal SNARE/Munc18 complexes in situ. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:E2812-20 pubmed publisher..Our superresolution imaging method provides a framework for investigating interactions between the synaptic vesicle fusion machinery and other subcellular systems in situ. ..
- Pontoriero G, Deschamps P, Ashery Padan R, Wong R, Yang Y, Zavadil J, et al. Cell autonomous roles for AP-2alpha in lens vesicle separation and maintenance of the lens epithelial cell phenotype. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:602-17 pubmed publisher..wild-type littermates revealed differential expression of 415 mRNAs, including reduced expression of genes important for maintaining the lens epithelial cell phenotype, such as E-cadherin. ..
- Wu Y, Tejero R, Arancillo M, Vardar G, Korotkova T, Kintscher M, et al. Syntaxin 1B is important for mouse postnatal survival and proper synaptic function at the mouse neuromuscular junctions. J Neurophysiol. 2015;114:2404-17 pubmed publisher..Rodent STX1 has two highly similar paralogs, STX1A and STX1B, that are thought to be functionally redundant...
- Yap K, Lim Z, Khandelia P, Friedman B, Makeyev E. Coordinated regulation of neuronal mRNA steady-state levels through developmentally controlled intron retention. Genes Dev. 2012;26:1209-23 pubmed publisher..We propose that this mechanism counters ectopic and precocious expression of functionally linked neuron-specific genes and ensures their coherent activation in the appropriate developmental context. ..
- Vosseller K, Hansen K, Chalkley R, Trinidad J, Wells L, Hart G, et al. Quantitative analysis of both protein expression and serine / threonine post-translational modifications through stable isotope labeling with dithiothreitol. Proteomics. 2005;5:388-98 pubmed..These results demonstate BEMAD is suitable for large-scale quantitative analysis of both protein expression and serine / threonine post-translational modifications. ..
- Yang S, Larsson O, Branstrom R, Bertorello A, Leibiger B, Leibiger I, et al. Syntaxin 1 interacts with the L(D) subtype of voltage-gated Ca(2+) channels in pancreatic beta cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:10164-9 pubmed..This suggests that there is a structure-function relationship between the alpha(1D) subunit of the L type Ca(2+) channel and the exocytotic machinery in the pancreatic beta cell. ..
- Groffen A, Jacobsen L, Schut D, Verhage M. Two distinct genes drive expression of seven tomosyn isoforms in the mammalian brain, sharing a conserved structure with a unique variable domain. J Neurochem. 2005;92:554-68 pubmed..Their expression patterns support a role in regulating neuronal secretion. All isoforms share conserved WD40 and SNARE domains separated by a hypervariable module, the function of which remains to be clarified. ..
- Cotrufo T, Perez Branguli F, Muhaisen A, Ros O, Andres R, Baeriswyl T, et al. A signaling mechanism coupling netrin-1/deleted in colorectal cancer chemoattraction to SNARE-mediated exocytosis in axonal growth cones. J Neurosci. 2011;31:14463-80 pubmed publisher..Our data provide evidence of a new signaling mechanism that couples chemotropic Netrin-1/DCC axonal guidance and Sytx1/TI-VAMP SNARE proteins regulating membrane turnover and exocytosis. ..
- Piccoli G, Condliffe S, Bauer M, Giesert F, Boldt K, De Astis S, et al. LRRK2 controls synaptic vesicle storage and mobilization within the recycling pool. J Neurosci. 2011;31:2225-37 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that LRRK2 modulates synaptic vesicle trafficking and distribution in neurons and in consequence participates in regulating the dynamics between vesicle pools inside the presynaptic bouton...
- Gil V, Bichler Z, Lee J, Seira O, Llorens F, Bribian A, et al. Developmental expression of the oligodendrocyte myelin glycoprotein in the mouse telencephalon. Cereb Cortex. 2010;20:1769-79 pubmed publisher..Our data support the idea that early expressed MAIPs play an active role during development and point to OMgp participating in thalamo-cortical connections. ..
- Bouwman J, Maia A, Camoletto P, Posthuma G, Roubos E, Oorschot V, et al. Quantification of synapse formation and maintenance in vivo in the absence of synaptic release. Neuroscience. 2004;126:115-26 pubmed..These two observations suggest that secretion of neurotransmitters and neuromodulatory substances is required for synapse maintenance, not for synaptogenesis. Multivesicular structures may develop out of unstable synapses. ..
- Darlington T, McCarthy R, Cox R, Miyamoto Ditmon J, Gallego X, Ehringer M. Voluntary wheel running reduces voluntary consumption of ethanol in mice: identification of candidate genes through striatal gene expression profiling. Genes Brain Behav. 2016;15:474-90 pubmed publisher..and wheel running include multiple potassium channel genes, Oprm1, Prkcg, Stxbp1, Crhr1, Gabra3, Slc6a13, Stx1b, Pomc, Rassf5 and Camta2...
- Manuel M, Pratt T, Liu M, Jeffery G, Price D. Overexpression of Pax6 results in microphthalmia, retinal dysplasia and defective retinal ganglion cell axon guidance. BMC Dev Biol. 2008;8:59 pubmed publisher..Here, we examined the consequences of over-expression for the eye and its axonal connections...