Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Stmn2
Description: stathmin-like 2
Alias: AI159727, SCG10, Scgn10, Stmb2, stathmin-2, superior cervical ganglion-10 protein, superiorcervical ganglia, neural specific 10
- Pattyn A, Guillemot F, Brunet J. Delays in neuronal differentiation in Mash1/Ascl1 mutants. Dev Biol. 2006;295:67-75 pubmed..Finally, we provide evidence that the acceleration imposed by Mash1, regardless of the production of post-mitotic cells, affects differentiation itself, both generic and type-specific. ..
- Aoki H, Hara A, Era T, Kunisada T, Yamada Y. Genetic ablation of Rest leads to in vitro-specific derepression of neuronal genes during neurogenesis. Development. 2012;139:667-77 pubmed publisher..Our findings highlight the significance of extrinsic signals for the proper intrinsic regulation of neuronal gene expression levels in the specification of cell fate during embryonic neurogenesis in vivo. ..
- Zou D, Silvius D, Fritzsch B, Xu P. Eya1 and Six1 are essential for early steps of sensory neurogenesis in mammalian cranial placodes. Development. 2004;131:5561-72 pubmed..These analyses define a specific role for both genes in early differentiation and survival of the placodally derived cranial sensory neurons. ..
- Cheng L, Arata A, Mizuguchi R, Qian Y, Karunaratne A, Gray P, et al. Tlx3 and Tlx1 are post-mitotic selector genes determining glutamatergic over GABAergic cell fates. Nat Neurosci. 2004;7:510-7 pubmed..Finally, excess GABA-mediated inhibition caused dysfunction of central respiratory circuits in Tlx3 mutant mice. ..
- Ware M, Hamdi Rozé H, Le Friec J, David V, Dupé V. Regulation of downstream neuronal genes by proneural transcription factors during initial neurogenesis in the vertebrate brain. Neural Dev. 2016;11:22 pubmed..Together, these results improve our understanding of the molecular mechanisms involved in differentiation of the first neuronal populations in the brain. ..
- Mao C, Tsai W, Cho J, Pan P, Barton M, Klein W. Neuronal transcriptional repressor REST suppresses an Atoh7-independent program for initiating retinal ganglion cell development. Dev Biol. 2011;349:90-9 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate an Atoh7-independent program for initial activation of RGC genes and suggest a novel role for REST in preventing premature expression in RPCs. ..
- Watson E, Mattar P, Schuurmans C, Cross J. Neural stem cell self-renewal requires the Mrj co-chaperone. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:2564-74 pubmed publisher..proliferating cells and a down-regulation of early neural progenitor (Pax6, Olig2, Hes5) and neuronal (Nscl2, SCG10) cell markers in Mrj(-/-) neuroepithelial cells...
- Krüger M, Braun T. The neuronal basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor NSCL-1 is dispensable for normal neuronal development. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:792-800 pubmed..Our results argue against a simple functional redundancy within the NSCL gene family. ..
- Theil T. Gli3 is required for the specification and differentiation of preplate neurons. Dev Biol. 2005;286:559-71 pubmed
- Alberta J, Park S, Mora J, Yuk D, Pawlitzky I, Iannarelli P, et al. Sonic hedgehog is required during an early phase of oligodendrocyte development in mammalian brain. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2001;18:434-41 pubmed..Our results demonstrate essential functions for Shh during early phases of oligodendrocyte development in the mammalian central nervous system. They further suggest that a key role of Shh signaling is activation of Olig genes. ..
- Spörle R, Schughart K. System to identify individual somites and their derivatives in the developing mouse embryo. Dev Dyn. 1997;210:216-26 pubmed..Later, when somites started to dissolve, the caudal moiety of the bar-like SG-C1 anlagen fused to the anlagen of SG-C2. ..
- Shin J, Geisler S, DiAntonio A. Dynamic regulation of SCG10 in regenerating axons after injury. Exp Neurol. 2014;252:1-11 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that axonal levels of superior cervical ganglion 10 (SCG10) are dynamically regulated after axonal injury and provide an efficient method to label regenerating axons...
- Conlon R, Reaume A, Rossant J. Notch1 is required for the coordinate segmentation of somites. Development. 1995;121:1533-45 pubmed..However, we have found that somitogenesis is delayed and disorganized in Notch1 mutant embryos. We propose that Notch1 normally coordinates the process of somitogenesis, and we provide a model of how this might occur. ..
- Laub F, Dragomir C, Ramirez F. Mice without transcription factor KLF7 provide new insight into olfactory bulb development. Brain Res. 2006;1103:108-13 pubmed..These findings therefore indicate that peripheral innervation contributes to bulb maturation late in development by promoting cell morphogenesis and differentiation. ..
- Scardigli R, Schuurmans C, Gradwohl G, Guillemot F. Crossregulation between Neurogenin2 and pathways specifying neuronal identity in the spinal cord. Neuron. 2001;31:203-17 pubmed..Thus, neuronal differentiation involves crossregulatory interactions between a bHLH-driven program of neurogenesis and genetic pathways specifying progenitor and neuronal identity in the spinal cord. ..
- Petryniak M, Potter G, Rowitch D, Rubenstein J. Dlx1 and Dlx2 control neuronal versus oligodendroglial cell fate acquisition in the developing forebrain. Neuron. 2007;55:417-33 pubmed..Our results identify another role for Dlx genes as modulators of neuron versus oligodendrocyte development in the ventral embryonic forebrain. ..
- Camoletto P, Colesanti A, Ozon S, Sobel A, Fasolo A. Expression of stathmin and SCG10 proteins in the olfactory neurogenesis during development and after lesion in the adulthood. Brain Res Bull. 2001;54:19-28 pubmedStathmin and SCG10 belong to a family of phosphoproteins associated to cell proliferation and differentiation...
- Fode C, Gradwohl G, Morin X, Dierich A, LeMeur M, Goridis C, et al. The bHLH protein NEUROGENIN 2 is a determination factor for epibranchial placode-derived sensory neurons. Neuron. 1998;20:483-94 pubmed..Interestingly, the homeobox gene Phox2a is activated independently of ngn2 in epibranchial placodes, suggesting that neuronal fate and neuronal subtype identity may be specified independently in cranial sensory ganglia. ..
- Cau E, Gradwohl G, Fode C, Guillemot F. Mash1 activates a cascade of bHLH regulators in olfactory neuron progenitors. Development. 1997;124:1611-21 pubmed..Another gene activates a similar program in a separate population of olfactory neuron progenitors. ..
- Kolterud A, Alenius M, Carlsson L, Bohm S. The Lim homeobox gene Lhx2 is required for olfactory sensory neuron identity. Development. 2004;131:5319-26 pubmed..Thus, these results indicate that a cell-autonomous function of Lhx2 is required for differentiation of progenitors into a heterogeneous population of individually and regionally specified mature olfactory sensory neurons. ..
- He M, Ding Y, Chu C, Tang J, Xiao Q, Luo Z. Autophagy induction stabilizes microtubules and promotes axon regeneration after spinal cord injury. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:11324-11329 pubmed..Interestingly, autophagy induction stabilized microtubules by degrading SCG10, a microtubule disassembly protein in neurons...
- Cheng L, Samad O, Xu Y, Mizuguchi R, Luo P, Shirasawa S, et al. Lbx1 and Tlx3 are opposing switches in determining GABAergic versus glutamatergic transmitter phenotypes. Nat Neurosci. 2005;8:1510-5 pubmed..These genetic studies suggest that Lbx1 expression defines a basal GABAergic differentiation state, and Tlx3 acts to antagonize Lbx1 to promote glutamatergic differentiation. ..
- Naftelberg S, Abramovitch Z, Gluska S, Yannai S, Joshi Y, Donyo M, et al. Phosphatidylserine Ameliorates Neurodegenerative Symptoms and Enhances Axonal Transport in a Mouse Model of Familial Dysautonomia. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1006486 pubmed publisher..Thus, we have identified the molecular pathway that leads to neurodegeneration in FD and have demonstrated that phosphatidylserine treatment has the potential to slow progression of neurodegeneration. ..
- Qi L, Huang C, Wu X, Tao Y, Yan J, Shi T, et al. Hierarchical Specification of Pruriceptors by Runt-Domain Transcription Factor Runx1. J Neurosci. 2017;37:5549-5561 pubmed publisher..Such hierarchical control mechanisms may provide a developmental solution for the formation of sensory circuits that transmit distinct modalities. ..
- Westerlund N, Zdrojewska J, Padzik A, Komulainen E, Björkblom B, Rannikko E, et al. Phosphorylation of SCG10/stathmin-2 determines multipolar stage exit and neuronal migration rate. Nat Neurosci. 2011;14:305-13 pubmed publisher..also known as Mapk8) mice, resulted from consequential changes in phosphorylation of the microtubule regulator SCG10 (also called stathmin-2)...
- Ren A, Wang K, Zhang H, Liu A, Ma X, Liang Q, et al. ZBTB20 regulates nociception and pain sensation by modulating TRP channel expression in nociceptive sensory neurons. Nat Commun. 2014;5:4984 pubmed publisher..Our findings point to ZBTB20 as a critical regulator of nociception and pain sensation by modulating TRP channels expression in nociceptors. ..
- Zhang P, Izrael M, Ainbinder E, Ben Simchon L, Chebath J, Revel M. Increased myelinating capacity of embryonic stem cell derived oligodendrocyte precursors after treatment by interleukin-6/soluble interleukin-6 receptor fusion protein. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2006;31:387-98 pubmed..one of the proteins strongly induced by IL6RIL6 is a regulator of microtubule dynamics, stathmin-like 2 (SCG10/Stmn2), and gene silencing shows that Stmn2 plays an important role in the development of the mature oligodendrocyte ..
- Stubbusch J, Narasimhan P, Hennchen M, Huber K, Unsicker K, Ernsberger U, et al. Lineage and stage specific requirement for Dicer1 in sympathetic ganglia and adrenal medulla formation and maintenance. Dev Biol. 2015;400:210-23 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings demonstrate distinct stage and lineage specific functions of Dicer1 signaling in differentiation and survival of sympathetic neurons and adrenal chromaffin cells. ..
- Streicher J, Donat M, Strauss B, Spörle R, Schughart K, Müller G. Computer-based three-dimensional visualization of developmental gene expression. Nat Genet. 2000;25:147-52 pubmed..This work is accompanied by a web site (http://www.univie.ac.at/GeneEMAC). ..
- Enomoto H, Heuckeroth R, Golden J, Johnson E, Milbrandt J. Development of cranial parasympathetic ganglia requires sequential actions of GDNF and neurturin. Development. 2000;127:4877-89 pubmed
- Schoenherr C, Anderson D. The neuron-restrictive silencer factor (NRSF): a coordinate repressor of multiple neuron-specific genes. Science. 1995;267:1360-3 pubmed..NRSF represents the first example of a vertebrate silencer protein that potentially regulates a large battery of cell type-specific genes, and therefore may function as a master negative regulator of neurogenesis. ..
- Pelling M, Anthwal N, McNay D, Gradwohl G, Leiter A, Guillemot F, et al. Differential requirements for neurogenin 3 in the development of POMC and NPY neurons in the hypothalamus. Dev Biol. 2011;349:406-16 pubmed publisher..Given the opposing roles of POMC and NPY neurons in regulating food intake, these results indicate that Ngn3 plays a central role in the generation of neuronal populations controlling energy homeostasis in mice. ..
- Alves M, Osinga J, Verheij J, Metzger M, Eggen B, Hofstra R. Mutations in SCG10 are not involved in Hirschsprung disease. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e15144 pubmed publisher..encoded by the gene involved in a HSCR- associated syndrome called Goldberg-Shprintzen syndrome, interacts with SCG10, a stathmin-like protein...
- Laub F, Aldabe R, Friedrich V, Ohnishi S, Yoshida T, Ramirez F. Developmental expression of mouse Krüppel-like transcription factor KLF7 suggests a potential role in neurogenesis. Dev Biol. 2001;233:305-18 pubmed
- Dai X, Jiang W, Zhang Q, Xu L, Geng P, Zhuang S, et al. Requirement for integrin-linked kinase in neural crest migration and differentiation and outflow tract morphogenesis. BMC Biol. 2013;11:107 pubmed publisher..Changes in these pathways may collectively result in the unique neural crest and outflow tract phenotypes observed in ILK mutants. ..
- Koyano Nakagawa N, Kim J, Anderson D, Kintner C. Hes6 acts in a positive feedback loop with the neurogenins to promote neuronal differentiation. Development. 2000;127:4203-16 pubmed..The properties of Hes6 distinguish it from other members of the WRPW-bHLH family in vertebrates, and suggest that it acts in a positive-feedback loop with the proneural bHLH proteins to promote neuronal differentiation. ..
- Tortoriello G, Morris C, Alpar A, Fuzik J, Shirran S, Calvigioni D, et al. Miswiring the brain: ?9-tetrahydrocannabinol disrupts cortical development by inducing an SCG10/stathmin-2 degradation pathway. EMBO J. 2014;33:668-85 pubmed publisher..By interrogating the THC-sensitive neuronal proteome we identify Superior Cervical Ganglion 10 (SCG10)/stathmin-2, a microtubule-binding protein in axons, as a substrate of altered neuronal connectivity...
- Hirota J, Mombaerts P. The LIM-homeodomain protein Lhx2 is required for complete development of mouse olfactory sensory neurons. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:8751-5 pubmed..OSN development appears to be arrested between the terminal differentiation into neurons and the transition to immature neurons. Thus, Lhx2 is required for complete development of OSNs in mice. ..
- Huang M, Huang T, Xiang Y, Xie Z, Chen Y, Yan R, et al. Ptf1a, Lbx1 and Pax2 coordinate glycinergic and peptidergic transmitter phenotypes in dorsal spinal inhibitory neurons. Dev Biol. 2008;322:394-405 pubmed publisher..Our studies therefore suggest a coordinated and hierarchical specification of a variety of neurotransmitters in dorsal spinal inhibitory neurons. ..
- Schmidt M, Huber L, Majdazari A, Schutz G, Williams T, Rohrer H. The transcription factors AP-2? and AP-2? are required for survival of sympathetic progenitors and differentiated sympathetic neurons. Dev Biol. 2011;355:89-100 pubmed publisher..Whereas AP-2?/? transcription factors are in vivo not required for the onset or maintenance of noradrenergic differentiation, their essential survival functions are demonstrated for sympathetic progenitors and noradrenergic neurons. ..
- Dude C, Kuan C, Bradshaw J, Greene N, Relaix F, Stark M, et al. Activation of Pax3 target genes is necessary but not sufficient for neurogenesis in the ophthalmic trigeminal placode. Dev Biol. 2009;326:314-26 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results suggest that activation of Pax3 target genes is necessary but not sufficient for neurogenesis in the opV placode. ..
- McNay D, Pelling M, Claxton S, Guillemot F, Ang S. Mash1 is required for generic and subtype differentiation of hypothalamic neuroendocrine cells. Mol Endocrinol. 2006;20:1623-32 pubmed..These data demonstrate that Mash1 is both required for the generation of ventral neuroendocrine neurons as well as playing a central role in subtype specification of these neurons. ..
- Grizenkova J, Akhtar S, Collinge J, Lloyd S. The retinoic acid receptor beta (Rarb) region of Mmu14 is associated with prion disease incubation time in mouse. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e15019 pubmed publisher..Rarb and Stmn2 were selected as candidates based on the known association with vCJD...
- Okubo T, Takada S. Pharyngeal arch deficiencies affect taste bud development in the circumvallate papilla with aberrant glossopharyngeal nerve formation. Dev Dyn. 2015;244:874-87 pubmed publisher..PA deficiencies affect multiple aspects of taste bud development, including formation of the cranial ganglia and innervation to the posterior tongue. ..
- Mao C, Wang S, Pan P, Klein W. Rewiring the retinal ganglion cell gene regulatory network: Neurod1 promotes retinal ganglion cell fate in the absence of Math5. Development. 2008;135:3379-88 pubmed publisher..We conclude that, although Neurod1 and Math3 have evolved specialized functions for establishing amacrine cell fate, they are nevertheless capable of alternative functions when expressed in foreign environments. ..
- Markham K, Schuurmans C, Weiss S. STAT5A/B activity is required in the developing forebrain and spinal cord. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2007;35:272-82 pubmed..Taken together, we provide the first evidence that STAT5 is a key effector molecule in the developing mammalian CNS. ..
- Gayet O, Labella V, Henderson C, Kallenbach S. The b1 isoform of protocadherin-gamma (Pcdhgamma) interacts with the microtubule-destabilizing protein SCG10. FEBS Lett. 2004;578:175-9 pubmed..understanding the signaling mechanisms downstream of Pcdhgamma, we identify the microtubule-destabilizing protein SCG10 as a cytoplasmic interactor for Pcdhgamma-b1 and other isoforms of the Pcdhgamma-b subfamily, and show that SCG10 ..
- Guillemot F, Lo L, Johnson J, Auerbach A, Anderson D, Joyner A. Mammalian achaete-scute homolog 1 is required for the early development of olfactory and autonomic neurons. Cell. 1993;75:463-76 pubmed..These observations suggest that Mash-1, like its Drosophila homologs of the AS-C, controls a basic operation in development of neuronal progenitors in distinct neural lineages. ..
- Stubbusch J, Narasimhan P, Huber K, Unsicker K, Rohrer H, Ernsberger U. Synaptic protein and pan-neuronal gene expression and their regulation by Dicer-dependent mechanisms differ between neurons and neuroendocrine cells. Neural Dev. 2013;8:16 pubmed publisher..Dicer 1-dependent regulation is required to establish high neuronal mRNA levels for synaptic proteins and to maintain repression of neurofilament messages in neuroendocrine cells. ..
- Ma Q, Chen Z, del Barco Barrantes I, de la Pompa J, Anderson D. neurogenin1 is essential for the determination of neuronal precursors for proximal cranial sensory ganglia. Neuron. 1998;20:469-82 pubmed..1996), these data and those of Fode et al. (1998 [this issue of Neuron]) identify ngns as vertebrate neuronal determination genes, analogous to myoD and myf5 in myogenesis. ..
- Shin J, Miller B, Babetto E, Cho Y, Sasaki Y, Qayum S, et al. SCG10 is a JNK target in the axonal degeneration pathway. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:E3696-705 pubmed publisher..Here we show that superior cervical ganglion 10 (SCG10), an axonal JNK substrate, is lost rapidly from mouse dorsal root ganglion axons following axotomy...
- Mansouri A, Voss A, Thomas T, Yokota Y, Gruss P. Uncx4.1 is required for the formation of the pedicles and proximal ribs and acts upstream of Pax9. Development. 2000;127:2251-8 pubmed..1 upstream of Pax9 in the caudolateral sclerotome. Our results further indicate that Uncx4.1 may be involved in the differential cell adhesion properties of the somite. ..
- Ikeda K, Ookawara S, Sato S, Ando Z, Kageyama R, Kawakami K. Six1 is essential for early neurogenesis in the development of olfactory epithelium. Dev Biol. 2007;311:53-68 pubmed..Our study indicates that Six1 plays critical roles in early neurogenesis by regulating Ngn1, NeuroD, Hes1, and Hes5. ..
- Hu Z, Shi M, Huang Y, Zheng M, Pei Z, Chen J, et al. The role of the transcription factor Rbpj in the development of dorsal root ganglia. Neural Dev. 2011;6:14 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that Rbpj-mediated canonical Notch signaling inhibits DRG neuronal differentiation, possibly by regulating NeuroD1 expression, and is required for DRG gliogenesis in vivo. ..
- Qian Y, Shirasawa S, Chen C, Cheng L, Ma Q. Proper development of relay somatic sensory neurons and D2/D4 interneurons requires homeobox genes Rnx/Tlx-3 and Tlx-1. Genes Dev. 2002;16:1220-33 pubmed..Together, our studies demonstrate a central role for Rnx and Tlx-1 in the development of two major classes of relay sensory neurons, somatic and visceral. ..
- Hong S, Lardaro T, Oh M, Huh Y, Ding Y, Kang U, et al. Regulation of the noradrenaline neurotransmitter phenotype by the transcription factor AP-2beta. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:16860-7 pubmed publisher..In summary, we propose that AP-2beta plays critical and distinctive roles in the NA phenotype specification in both the peripheral and central nervous system during development. ..
- Wen H, Lin Y, Ting C, Lin Chao S, Li H, Hsieh Li H. Stathmin, a microtubule-destabilizing protein, is dysregulated in spinal muscular atrophy. Hum Mol Genet. 2010;19:1766-78 pubmed publisher..We conclude that aberrant stathmin levels may play a detrimental role in SMA; this finding suggests a novel approach to treating SMA by enhancing microtubule stability. ..
- Sommer L, Shah N, Rao M, Anderson D. The cellular function of MASH1 in autonomic neurogenesis. Neuron. 1995;15:1245-58 pubmed..This cell has a nonneuronal morphology. Differentiation of this precursor to neurons that express markers such as SCG10, peripherin, and neuron-specific enolase is dependent upon MASH1 function...
- Fode C, Ma Q, Casarosa S, Ang S, Anderson D, Guillemot F. A role for neural determination genes in specifying the dorsoventral identity of telencephalic neurons. Genes Dev. 2000;14:67-80 pubmed
- Pampfer S, Fan W, Schubart U, Pollard J. Differential mRNA expression of the phosphoprotein p19/SCG10 gene family in mouse preimplantation embryos, uterus, and placenta. Reprod Fertil Dev. 1992;4:205-11 pubmedThe p19/SCG10 gene family encodes two structurally related cellular proteins that are implicated in signal transduction during differentiation of mammalian cells...
- Runko E, Kaprielian Z. Expression of Vema in the developing mouse spinal cord and optic chiasm. J Comp Neurol. 2002;451:289-99 pubmed..The expression of Vema at two key choice points for pathfinding axons suggests an important role for this protein in regulating axon guidance at the midline of the developing mouse central nervous system. ..
- Parras C, Schuurmans C, Scardigli R, Kim J, Anderson D, Guillemot F. Divergent functions of the proneural genes Mash1 and Ngn2 in the specification of neuronal subtype identity. Genes Dev. 2002;16:324-38 pubmed
- Casarosa S, Fode C, Guillemot F. Mash1 regulates neurogenesis in the ventral telencephalon. Development. 1999;126:525-34 pubmed..Therefore, Mash1 is an important regulator of neurogenesis in the ventral telencephalon, where it is required both to specify neuronal precursors and to control the timing of their production. ..
- Wang J, Shan C, Cao W, Zhang C, Teng J, Chen J. SCG10 promotes non-amyloidogenic processing of amyloid precursor protein by facilitating its trafficking to the cell surface. Hum Mol Genet. 2013;22:4888-900 pubmed publisher..Here we report that SCG10 directly interacts with the KFFEQ motif of the APP intracellular domain and promotes the non-amyloidogenic ..
- Campbell A, Shih H, Xu J, Gross M, Kioussi C. Regulation of motility of myogenic cells in filling limb muscle anlagen by Pitx2. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e35822 pubmed publisher..Altered shape may prevent proper assembly of higher-order fibers within anlagen. Pitx2 therefore appears to regulate muscle anlagen development by appropriately balancing expression of cytoskeletal and adhesion molecules. ..
- Pfaff S, Mendelsohn M, Stewart C, Edlund T, Jessell T. Requirement for LIM homeobox gene Isl1 in motor neuron generation reveals a motor neuron-dependent step in interneuron differentiation. Cell. 1996;84:309-20 pubmed..These results show that ISL1 is required for the generation of motor neurons and suggest that motor neuron generation is required for the subsequent differentiation of certain interneurons. ..
- Alam S, Zinyk D, Ma L, Schuurmans C. Members of the Plag gene family are expressed in complementary and overlapping regions in the developing murine nervous system. Dev Dyn. 2005;234:772-82 pubmed
- Shen M, Wang H, Leder P. A differential display strategy identifies Cryptic, a novel EGF-related gene expressed in the axial and lateral mesoderm during mouse gastrulation. Development. 1997;124:429-42 pubmed..Thus, Cryptic encodes a putative signaling molecule whose expression suggests potential roles in mesoderm and/or neural patterning during gastrulation. ..
- Okazaki T, Yoshida B, Avraham K, Wang H, Wuenschell C, Jenkins N, et al. Molecular diversity of the SCG10/stathmin gene family in the mouse. Genomics. 1993;18:360-73 pubmedb>SCG10 is a neuronal growth-associated protein that shares an amino acid sequence similarity with an 18- to 19-kDa phosphoprotein named stathmin (also called p19, p18, Op18, pp17, prosolin, pp20, 19K, and leukemia-associated ..