Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Stau1
Description: staufen double-stranded RNA binding protein 1
Alias: 5830401L18Rik, AW549911, C85792, Stau, double-stranded RNA-binding protein Staufen homolog 1, staufen (RNA binding protein) homolog 1
- Jolly L, Homan C, Jacob R, Barry S, Gecz J. The UPF3B gene, implicated in intellectual disability, autism, ADHD and childhood onset schizophrenia regulates neural progenitor cell behaviour and neuronal outgrowth. Hum Mol Genet. 2013;22:4673-87 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, complementary expression of Upf3b, Upf3a and Stau1 stratify the developing dorsal telencephalon, suggesting that alternative NMD, and the related Staufen1-mediated ..
- Tretyakova I, Zolotukhin A, Tan W, Bear J, Propst F, Ruthel G, et al. Nuclear export factor family protein participates in cytoplasmic mRNA trafficking. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:31981-90 pubmed..We propose a model in which MAP1B tethers the NXF-associated mRNA to microtubules and facilitates their translocation along dendrites while Unrip provides a scaffold for the assembly of these transport intermediates. ..
- Cho H, Kim K, Han S, Choe J, Park S, Choi S, et al. Staufen1-mediated mRNA decay functions in adipogenesis. Mol Cell. 2012;46:495-506 pubmed publisherThe double-stranded RNA binding protein Staufen1 (Stau1) is involved in diverse gene expression pathways...
- Loschi M, Leishman C, Berardone N, Boccaccio G. Dynein and kinesin regulate stress-granule and P-body dynamics. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:3973-82 pubmed publisher..Finally, we found that regulation of SG dynamics by dynein and kinesin is conserved in Drosophila. ..
- Moon B, Bai J, Cai M, Liu C, Shi J, Lu W. Kruppel-like factor 4-dependent Staufen1-mediated mRNA decay regulates cortical neurogenesis. Nat Commun. 2018;9:401 pubmed publisher..In addition, Klf4 interacts with RNA-binding protein Staufen1 (Stau1) and RNA helicase Ddx5/17. They function together as a complex to maintain NPC self-renewal...
- Crawford Parks T, Ravel Chapuis A, Bondy Chorney E, Renaud J, Cote J, Jasmin B. Muscle-specific expression of the RNA-binding protein Staufen1 induces progressive skeletal muscle atrophy via regulation of phosphatase tensin homolog. Hum Mol Genet. 2017;26:1821-1838 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data demonstrate that Staufen1 is a novel atrophy-associated gene, and highlight its potential as a biomarker and therapeutic target for neuromuscular disorders and conditions. ..
- Heberlein K, Han J, Straub A, Best A, Kaun C, Wojta J, et al. A novel mRNA binding protein complex promotes localized plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 accumulation at the myoendothelial junction. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2012;32:1271-9 pubmed publisher..We conclude that PAI-1 can be locally translated at the MEJ as a result of a unique mRNA binding protein complex. ..
- Thomas M, Martinez Tosar L, Desbats M, Leishman C, Boccaccio G. Mammalian Staufen 1 is recruited to stress granules and impairs their assembly. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:563-73 pubmed publisher..Mammalian Staufen 1 (Stau1) is a ubiquitous double-stranded RNA-binding protein associated with polysomes...
- Lachke S, Alkuraya F, Kneeland S, Ohn T, Aboukhalil A, Howell G, et al. Mutations in the RNA granule component TDRD7 cause cataract and glaucoma. Science. 2011;331:1571-6 pubmed publisher..a Tudor domain RNA binding protein that is expressed in lens fiber cells in distinct TDRD7-RGs that interact with STAU1-ribonucleoproteins (RNPs)...
- Michon F, Tummers M, Kyyrönen M, Frilander M, Thesleff I. Tooth morphogenesis and ameloblast differentiation are regulated by micro-RNAs. Dev Biol. 2010;340:355-68 pubmed publisher..Based on our findings we suggest that miRNAs modulate tooth morphogenesis largely by fine tuning conserved signaling networks and that miRNAs may have played important roles during tooth evolution...
- Gautrey H, McConnell J, Lako M, Hall J, Hesketh J. Staufen1 is expressed in preimplantation mouse embryos and is required for embryonic stem cell differentiation. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1783:1935-42 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that inhibition of Staufen1 gene expression by RNAi affects an early step in mES cell differentiation and suggest a key role for Staufen in the cell lineage differentiation of mES cells. ..
- Islam S, Montgomery R, Fialkovich J, Grand R. Developmental and regional expression and localization of mRNAs encoding proteins involved in RNA translocation. J Histochem Cytochem. 2005;53:1501-9 pubmed..Overall, the data suggest an essential role for these proteins in intestinal cells. Age and regional expression of IMP-1 may indicate a role in regulation of site-specific translation of intestinal genes or in RNA localization. ..
- Ohashi S, Koike K, Omori A, Ichinose S, Ohara S, Kobayashi S, et al. Identification of mRNA/protein (mRNP) complexes containing Puralpha, mStaufen, fragile X protein, and myosin Va and their association with rough endoplasmic reticulum equipped with a kinesin motor. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:37804-10 pubmed
- Gershoni Emek N, Mazza A, Chein M, Gradus Pery T, Xiang X, Li K, et al. Proteomic Analysis of Dynein-Interacting Proteins in Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Synaptosomes Reveals Alterations in the RNA-Binding Protein Staufen1. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2016;15:506-22 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we suggest a model in which dynein's interaction with Staufen1 regulates mRNA localization along the axon and the synapses, and alterations in this process may correlate with synapse disruption and ALS toxicity. ..
- Hrabchak C, Varmuza S. Identification of the spermatogenic zip protein Spz1 as a putative protein phosphatase-1 (PP1) regulatory protein that specifically binds the PP1cgamma2 splice variant in mouse testis. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:37079-86 pubmed..We propose that the interaction between Spz1 and PP1cgamma2 may be required for proper regulation of spermatogenesis and fertility in males. ..
- Brizard F, Luo M, DesGroseillers L. Genomic organization of the human and mouse stau genes. DNA Cell Biol. 2000;19:331-9 pubmed..1. We now report the genomic organization of both the human and mouse stau genes...
- Roegiers F, Jan Y. Staufen: a common component of mRNA transport in oocytes and neurons?. Trends Cell Biol. 2000;10:220-4 pubmed..The Staufen granules colocalize with ribonuclear particles that transport mRNA to the dendrites. These findings might provide clues to a mechanism of mRNA transport conserved in mammalian neurons and Drosophila oogenesis. ..