Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: stanniocalcin 2
Description: stanniocalcin 2
Alias: AW125853, Stc-2, Stc2l, mustc2, stanniocalcin-2
Products: stanniocalcin 2
- Zeiger W, Ito D, Swetlik C, Oh Hora M, Villereal M, Thinakaran G. Stanniocalcin 2 is a negative modulator of store-operated calcium entry. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:3710-22 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our findings implicate the modulation of SOCE through STC2 expression as one of the prosurvival measures of the unfolded protein response. ..
- Fagman H, Amendola E, Parrillo L, Zoppoli P, Marotta P, Scarfò M, et al. Gene expression profiling at early organogenesis reveals both common and diverse mechanisms in foregut patterning. Dev Biol. 2011;359:163-75 pubmed publisher..As an initial step in this direction we describe a regulatory pathway involving the anti-apoptotic gene Bcl2 that controls cell survival in early thyroid development. ..
- Joshi A, Hossain E, Elferink C. Epigenetic Regulation by Agonist-Specific Aryl Hydrocarbon Receptor Recruitment of Metastasis-Associated Protein 2 Selectively Induces Stanniocalcin 2 Expression. Mol Pharmacol. 2017;92:366-374 pubmed publisher..Recent studies identified stanniocalcin 2 (Stc2) as a novel AhR target gene responsive to the endogenous AhR agonist cinnabarinic acid (CA)...
- Yadav N, Lee J, Kim J, Shen J, Hu M, Aldaz C, et al. Specific protein methylation defects and gene expression perturbations in coactivator-associated arginine methyltransferase 1-deficient mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:6464-8 pubmed..These findings provide genetic evidence for the essential role of CARM1 in estrogen-mediated transcriptional activation. ..
- Jepsen M, KlÃ¸verpris S, Mikkelsen J, Pedersen J, FÃ¼chtbauer E, Laursen L, et al. Stanniocalcin-2 inhibits mammalian growth by proteolytic inhibition of the insulin-like growth factor axis. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:3430-9 pubmed publisher..Our work identifies STC2 as a novel proteinase inhibitor and a previously unrecognized extracellular component of the IGF system. ..