Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Sstr5
Description: somatostatin receptor 5
Alias: Smstr5, sst5, somatostatin receptor type 5, SS-5-R, SS5-R, SS5R
- Strowski M, Kohler M, Chen H, Trumbauer M, Li Z, Szalkowski D, et al. Somatostatin receptor subtype 5 regulates insulin secretion and glucose homeostasis. Mol Endocrinol. 2003;17:93-106 pubmed..Our findings suggest a potential beneficial role of sst(5) antagonists for alleviating metabolic abnormalities associated with obesity and insulin resistance. ..
- Ben Shlomo A, Wawrowsky K, Proekt I, Wolkenfeld N, Ren S, Taylor J, et al. Somatostatin receptor type 5 modulates somatostatin receptor type 2 regulation of adrenocorticotropin secretion. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:24011-21 pubmed..To assess the contribution of somatostatin receptor subtype 5 (SST5) to somatostatin receptor subtype 2 (SST2) action in these cells, we assessed multipathway responses to novel ..
- Radojevic V, Bodmer D. Expression and localization of somatostatin receptor types 3, 4 and 5 in the wild-type, SSTR1 and SSTR1/SSTR2 knockout mouse cochlea. Cell Tissue Res. 2014;358:717-27 pubmed publisher..through binding to specific cell surface G protein-coupled receptors, of which five distinct subtypes (SSTR1-SSTR5) have been characterized...
- Moss C, Marsh W, Parker H, Ogunnowo Bada E, Riches C, Habib A, et al. Somatostatin receptor 5 and cannabinoid receptor 1 activation inhibit secretion of glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide from intestinal K cells in rodents. Diabetologia. 2012;55:3094-103 pubmed publisher..Purified murine K cells expressed high mRNA levels for somatostatin receptors (Sstrs) Sstr2, Sstr3 and Sstr5, and cannabinoid receptor type 1 (Cnr1, CB1)...
- Wang X, Yang J, Norman M, Magnusson J, DeMayo F, Brunicardi F. SSTR5 ablation in islet results in alterations in glucose homeostasis in mice. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:3107-14 pubmed..SST) peptide is a potent inhibitor of insulin secretion and its effect is mediated via somatostatin receptor 5 (SSTR5) in the endocrine pancreas...
- Bauch C, Koliwer J, Buck F, Honck H, Kreienkamp H. Subcellular sorting of the G-protein coupled mouse somatostatin receptor 5 by a network of PDZ-domain containing proteins. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e88529 pubmed publisher..We show that three PDZ proteins (SNX27, PIST and NHERF1/3) regulate the mouse somatostatin receptor subtype 5 (SSTR5)...
- Cordoba Chacon J, Gahete M, Duran Prado M, Pozo Salas A, Malagon M, Gracia Navarro F, et al. Identification and characterization of new functional truncated variants of somatostatin receptor subtype 5 in rodents. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2010;67:1147-63 pubmed publisher..Indeed, we recently identified novel truncated but functional human sst5-variants, present in normal and tumoral tissues...
- Hannon J, Petrucci C, Fehlmann D, Viollet C, Epelbaum J, Hoyer D. Somatostatin sst2 receptor knock-out mice: localisation of sst1-5 receptor mRNA and binding in mouse brain by semi-quantitative RT-PCR, in situ hybridisation histochemistry and receptor autoradiography. Neuropharmacology. 2002;42:396-413 pubmed..Finally, since the relative distribution of these two ligands were not entirely superimposable, it suggests that their respective selectivity profiles towards the different SRIF receptor subtypes in situ are not identical. ..
- Gordon D, Woodmansee W, Lewis S, James R, Wood W, Ridgway E. Cloning of the mouse somatostatin receptor subtype 5 gene: promoter structure and function. Endocrinology. 1999;140:5598-608 pubmed..We have shown that sst5 transcripts and protein are induced by thyroid hormone in TtT-97 thyrotropic tumors...
- Zeyda T, Hochgeschwender U. Null mutant mouse models of somatostatin and cortistatin, and their receptors. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2008;286:18-25 pubmed publisher..We will review here the mouse models generated, the studies undertaken with them, and what has been learned so far. ..
- Jin H, White S, Shida T, Schulz S, Aguiar M, Gygi S, et al. The conserved Bardet-Biedl syndrome proteins assemble a coat that traffics membrane proteins to cilia. Cell. 2010;141:1208-19 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose that trafficking of BBSome cargoes to cilia entails the coupling of BBSome coat polymerization to the recognition of sorting signals by the BBSome. ..
- Moldovan S, DeMayo F, Brunicardi F. Cloning of the mouse SSTR5 gene. J Surg Res. 1998;76:57-60 pubmed..To date the mouse SSTR5 gene has not been cloned...
- Sharif N, Gendron L, Wowchuk J, Sarret P, Mazella J, Beaudet A, et al. Coexpression of somatostatin receptor subtype 5 affects internalization and trafficking of somatostatin receptor subtype 2. Endocrinology. 2007;148:2095-105 pubmed..These findings indicate that the presence of sst(5) in the same cells modulates trafficking and cell surface regulation of sst(2A) and cellular desensitization to the effects of SRIF. ..
- Lin X, Nunn C, Hoyer D, Rivier J, Peter R. Identification and characterization of a type five-like somatostatin receptor in goldfish pituitary. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2002;189:105-16 pubmed
- Patel S, Zhou G, Liu S, Li M, Jeong J, DeMayo F, et al. Microarray analysis of somatostatin receptor 5-regulated gene expression profiles in murine pancreas. World J Surg. 2009;33:630-7 pubmed publisherWe previously demonstrated that somatostatin receptor type 5 (SSTR5) gene ablation results in alterations in insulin secretion and glucose metabolism, accompanied by morphologic alterations in the islets of Langerhans...
- Gougeon A, Delangle A, Arouche N, Stridsberg M, Gotteland J, Loumaye E. Kit ligand and the somatostatin receptor antagonist, BIM-23627, stimulate in vitro resting follicle growth in the neonatal mouse ovary. Endocrinology. 2010;151:1299-309 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, extraovarian SST, acting through its receptors 2 and 5 present on granulosa cells, may be involved in mouse folliculogenesis by reducing recruitment of resting follicles. ..
- Norman M, Moldovan S, Seghers V, Wang X, DeMayo F, Brunicardi F. Sulfonylurea receptor knockout causes glucose intolerance in mice that is not alleviated by concomitant somatostatin subtype receptor 5 knockout. Ann Surg. 2002;235:767-74 pubmedTo examine the long-term effects of Sur KO, SSTR5 KO, and double Sur/SSTR5 KO on insulin secretion and glucose regulation.
- Rajput P, Kharmate G, Norman M, Liu S, Sastry B, Brunicardi C, et al. Somatostatin receptor 1 and 5 double knockout mice mimic neurochemical changes of Huntington's disease transgenic mice. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e24467 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that SST and SSTRs might play an important role in regulation of neurodegeneration and targeting this pathway can provide a novel insight in understanding the pathophysiology of Huntington's disease. ..
- Lublin A, Diehl N, Hochgeschwender U. Isolation and characterization of the gene encoding the type 5 mouse (Mus musculus) somatostatin receptor (msst5). Gene. 1997;195:63-6 pubmed..The deduced aa sequence of msst5 has 97 and 81% identity to the rat and human sst5 respectively, while it has lower identities with the four other mouse sst(n)s (msst1 -- 48%, msst2 -- 55%, msst3 -- ..
- Tirone T, Norman M, Moldovan S, DeMayo F, Wang X, Brunicardi F. Pancreatic somatostatin inhibits insulin secretion via SSTR-5 in the isolated perfused mouse pancreas model. Pancreas. 2003;26:e67-73 pubmed..To differentiate the specific role of SSTR5 in the mouse pancreas, we generated a mouse SSTR5 gene ablation model...
- Riaz H, Liang A, Khan M, Dong P, Han L, Shahzad M, et al. Somatostatin and its receptors: functional regulation in the development of mice Sertoli cells. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2013;138:257-66 pubmed publisher..Age-related real-time PCR of all somatostatin receptors identified abundance of SSTR2 and SSTR5 mRNA level during Sertoli cell developmental period...
- Zhou G, Liu S, Shahi K, Wang H, Duan X, Lin X, et al. Negative regulation of pancreatic and duodenal homeobox-1 by somatostatin receptor subtype 5. Mol Endocrinol. 2012;26:1225-34 pubmed publisherSomatostatin receptor subtype 5 (SSTR5) mediates the inhibitory effect of somatostatin and its analogs on insulin expression/secretion and islet cell proliferation...
- Wang X, Norman M, Yang J, Liu S, Magnusson J, DeMayo F, et al. The effect of global SSTR5 gene ablation on the endocrine pancreas and glucose regulation in aging mice. J Surg Res. 2005;129:64-72 pubmedThe purpose of this study was to examine the effect of global gene ablation of SSTR5 on the endocrine pancreas, insulin secretion, and glucose tolerance in aging mice, as SSTR5 is a primary regulator of insulin secretion in the mouse ..
- Ramirez J, Mouchantaf R, Kumar U, Otero Corchon V, Rubinstein M, Low M, et al. Brain somatostatin receptors are up-regulated in somatostatin-deficient mice. Mol Endocrinol. 2002;16:1951-63 pubmed..SST-like immunoreactivity, however, was induced in the proximal midgut in SSTKO animals, suggesting intestinal expression of a novel SST-like gene. ..