Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Sspn
Alias: Krag, sarcospan, K-ras oncogene-associated protein, Kras oncogene-associated, kirsten-Ras-associated protein
- Parvatiyar M, Marshall J, Nguyen R, Jordan M, Richardson V, Roos K, et al. Sarcospan Regulates Cardiac Isoproterenol Response and Prevents Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy-Associated Cardiomyopathy. J Am Heart Assoc. 2015;4: pubmed publisher..We have previously demonstrated that a dystrophin-associated protein, sarcospan (SSPN), ameliorated Duchenne muscular dystrophy skeletal muscle degeneration by activating compensatory pathways ..
- Marshall J, Chou E, Oh J, Kwok A, Burkin D, Crosbie Watson R. Dystrophin and utrophin expression require sarcospan: loss of ?7 integrin exacerbates a newly discovered muscle phenotype in sarcospan-null mice. Hum Mol Genet. 2012;21:4378-93 pubmedb>Sarcospan (SSPN) is a core component of the major adhesion complexes in skeletal muscle, the dystrophin- and utrophin (Utr)-glycoprotein complexes (DGC and UGC)...
- Marshall J, Holmberg J, Chou E, Ocampo A, Oh J, Lee J, et al. Sarcospan-dependent Akt activation is required for utrophin expression and muscle regeneration. J Cell Biol. 2012;197:1009-27 pubmed publisher..We show that Akt signaling and utrophin levels were diminished in sarcospan (SSPN)-deficient muscle...
- Zhou D, Wang J, Zapala M, Xue J, Schork N, Haddad G. Gene expression in mouse brain following chronic hypoxia: role of sarcospan in glial cell death. Physiol Genomics. 2008;32:370-9 pubmed..in the hippocampal area, and the majority of the changes in this region were upregulations; 3) two genes (Sspn and Ttc27) were downregulated in both brain regions and following both treatments; and 4) RNA interference-mediated ..
- Vigano M, Lamartine J, Testoni B, Merico D, Alotto D, Castagnoli C, et al. New p63 targets in keratinocytes identified by a genome-wide approach. EMBO J. 2006;25:5105-16 pubmed..We discovered several new specific targets whose functional categorization links p63 to cell growth and differentiation. ..
- Turk R, Sterrenburg E, van der Wees C, de Meijer E, de Menezes R, Groh S, et al. Common pathological mechanisms in mouse models for muscular dystrophies. FASEB J. 2006;20:127-9 pubmed..sarcoglycan-deficient (Sgca null, Sgcb null, Sgcg null, Sgcd null), dysferlin-deficient (Dysf null, SJL(Dysf)), sarcospan-deficient (Sspn null), and wild-type (C57Bl/6, C57Bl/10) mice...
- Hagiwara Y, Sasaoka T, Araishi K, Imamura M, Yorifuji H, Nonaka I, et al. Caveolin-3 deficiency causes muscle degeneration in mice. Hum Mol Genet. 2000;9:3047-54 pubmed..No apparent muscle degeneration was observed in heterozygous mutant mice, indicating that pathological changes caused by caveolin-3 gene disruption were inherited through the recessive form of genetic transmission. ..
- Straub V, Ettinger A, Durbeej M, Venzke D, Cutshall S, Sanes J, et al. epsilon-sarcoglycan replaces alpha-sarcoglycan in smooth muscle to form a unique dystrophin-glycoprotein complex. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:27989-96 pubmed..Our results also suggest a molecular basis for possible differential smooth muscle dysfunction in sarcoglycan-deficient patients. ..
- Manenti G, Stafford A, De Gregorio L, Gariboldi M, Falvella F, Avner P, et al. Linkage disequilibrium and physical mapping of Pas1 in mice. Genome Res. 1999;9:639-46 pubmed..We showed the feasibility of LD in common inbred strains for the fine mapping of disease loci, and provided the biological basis and the reagents for the cloning of the Pas1 gene. ..