Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SSeCKS
Description: A kinase (PRKA) anchor protein (gravin) 12
Alias: AI317366, SSeCKS, Srcs5, Tsga12, A-kinase anchor protein 12, AKAP-12, gercelin, germ cell lineage protein gercelin, src-suppressed C kinase substrate, testis specific gene A12, v-src suppressed transcript 5
- Ko H, Guo L, Su B, Gao L, Gelman I. Suppression of chemotaxis by SSeCKS via scaffolding of phosphoinositol phosphates and the recruitment of the Cdc42 GEF, Frabin, to the leading edge. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e111534 pubmed publisher..We investigated how the metastasis suppressor, SSeCKS, attenuates chemotaxis...
- Rung ruangkijkrai T, Fujikura D, Kitamura H, Saito M, Iwanaga T. The expression of src-suppressed C kinase substrate (SSeCKS) and uptake of exogenous particles in endothelial and reticular cells. Arch Histol Cytol. 2004;67:135-47 pubmedSrc-suppressed C kinase substrate (SSeCKS), a potent tumor suppressor, plays a role in membrane-cytoskeletal remodeling to regulate mitogenesis, cell differentiation, and motility...
- Ko H, Akakura S, Peresie J, Goodrich D, Foster B, Gelman I. A transgenic mouse model for early prostate metastasis to lymph nodes. Cancer Res. 2014;74:945-53 pubmed publisher..The individual genetic loss of the metastasis suppressor, SSeCKS/Gravin/AKAP12 or Rb, genes that are downregulated or deleted in human prostate cancer, results in prostatic ..
- Frankfort B, Gelman I. Identification of novel cellular genes transcriptionally suppressed by v-src. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1995;206:916-26 pubmed..These data suggest that the down-regulation of some or all of these genes contributes to v-src-induced changes in mitogenic control or cell morphology. ..
- Hehnly H, Canton D, Bucko P, Langeberg L, Ogier L, Gelman I, et al. A mitotic kinase scaffold depleted in testicular seminomas impacts spindle orientation in germ line stem cells. elife. 2015;4:e09384 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose that Gravin-mediated recruitment of Aurora A and Plk1 to the mother (oldest) spindle pole contributes to the fidelity of symmetric cell division. ..
- Gelman I, Tombler E, Vargas J. A role for SSeCKS, a major protein kinase C substrate with tumour suppressor activity, in cytoskeletal architecture, formation of migratory processes, and cell migration during embryogenesis. Histochem J. 2000;32:13-26 pubmedb>SSeCKS is a major protein kinase C substrate which has tumour suppressor activity in models of src- and ras-induced oncogenic transformation...
- Camus A, Kress C, Babinet C, Barra J. Unexpected behavior of a gene trap vector comprising a fusion between the Sh ble and the lacZ genes. Mol Reprod Dev. 1996;45:255-63 pubmed..Germline chimeras were subsequently obtained and 15 mouse lines have been established. Intercrosses of animals heterozygous for the insertion revealed a mutant phenotype in several lines. ..
- Li Z, Singh S, Suryavanshi S, Ding W, Shen X, Wijaya C, et al. Force development and intracellular Ca2+ in intact cardiac muscles from gravin mutant mice. Eur J Pharmacol. 2017;807:117-126 pubmed publisher..Further elucidation of the mechanism can provide insights to role of gravin if any in the pathophysiology of impaired contractility. ..
- Burnworth B, Pippin J, Karna P, Akakura S, Krofft R, Zhang G, et al. SSeCKS sequesters cyclin D1 in glomerular parietal epithelial cells and influences proliferative injury in the glomerulus. Lab Invest. 2012;92:499-510 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that the Src-suppressed protein kinase C substrate (SSeCKS), a multivalent scaffolding A kinase anchoring protein, sequesters cyclin D1 in the cytoplasm of quiescent PECs...
- Mardin W, Petrov K, Enns A, Senninger N, Haier J, Mees S. SERPINB5 and AKAP12 - expression and promoter methylation of metastasis suppressor genes in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:549 pubmed publisher..Thus, SERPINB5 methylation was directly correlated to metastasis scores and may provide a diagnostic tool for PDAC. ..
- Streb J, Miano J. AKAP12alpha, an atypical serum response factor-dependent target gene. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:4125-34 pubmed..Furthermore, we provide new insight into the role of flanking sequences in determining sensitivity to SRF-myocardin activity. ..
- Lin X, Gelman I. Calmodulin and cyclin D anchoring sites on the Src-suppressed C kinase substrate, SSeCKS. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;290:1368-75 pubmedb>SSeCKS and its human orthologue, Gravin, are large scaffolding proteins that are thought to facilitate mitogenic control by anchoring key signal mediators such as protein kinase (PK) C, PKA, the plasma membrane associated isoform of alpha-..
- Siegel S, Grove B, Carr P. SSeCKS immunolabeling in rat primary sensory neurons. Brain Res. 2002;926:126-36 pubmedSSeCKS (src suppressed C kinase substrate) is a protein kinase C substrate that may play a role in tumor suppression...
- Darland D, Cain J, Berosik M, Saint Geniez M, Odens P, Schaubhut G, et al. Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) isoform regulation of early forebrain development. Dev Biol. 2011;358:9-22 pubmed publisher..These results support a role for the VEGF isoforms in supporting the neural precursor population of the early neuroepithelium. ..
- Akakura S, Bouchard R, Bshara W, Morrison C, Gelman I. Carcinogen-induced squamous papillomas and oncogenic progression in the absence of the SSeCKS/AKAP12 metastasis suppressor correlate with FAK upregulation. Int J Cancer. 2011;129:2025-31 pubmed publisherThe ability of SSeCKS/Gravin/AKAP12 (SSeCKS) to negatively regulate cell cycle progression is thought to relate to its spatiotemporal scaffolding activity for key signaling molecules such as protein kinase A and C, calmodulin and cyclins...
- Camus A, Mesbah K, Rallu M, Babinet C, Barra J. Gene trap insertion reveals two open reading frames in the mouse SSeCKS gene: the form predominantly detected in the nervous system is suppressed by the insertion while the other, specific of the testis, remains expressed. Mech Dev. 2001;105:79-91 pubmed..b>SSeCKS protein has been described as a protein kinase C and A (PKC/PKA) anchoring protein as well as a PKC substrate with ..