Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Srxn1
Description: sulfiredoxin 1 homolog (S. cerevisiae)
Alias: 1700127B04Rik, AI854065, AW488194, Npn3, Srx, Srx1, TX01, sulfiredoxin-1, neoplastic progression 3, neoplastic progression protein 3
- Kim H, Jung Y, Shin B, Kim H, Song H, Bae S, et al. Redox regulation of lipopolysaccharide-mediated sulfiredoxin induction, which depends on both AP-1 and Nrf2. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:34419-28 pubmed publisherSulfiredoxin (Srx) is an enzyme that catalyzes the reduction of cysteine sulfinic acid of hyperoxidized peroxiredoxins and exerts a protective antioxidant role...
- Bae S, Sung S, Lee H, Kang H, Lee S, Oh S, et al. Peroxiredoxin III and sulfiredoxin together protect mice from pyrazole-induced oxidative liver injury. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2012;17:1351-61 pubmed publisher..underlying pyrazole-induced oxidative stress and the protective role of peroxiredoxins (Prxs) and sulfiredoxin (Srx) against such stress...
- Cho C, Yoon H, Kim J, Woo H, Rhee S. Circadian rhythm of hyperoxidized peroxiredoxin II is determined by hemoglobin autoxidation and the 20S proteasome in red blood cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:12043-8 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that membrane association of PrxII-SO2H is a tightly controlled process and might play a role in the tuning of RBC function to environmental changes...
- Abbas K, Breton J, Planson A, Bouton C, Bignon J, Seguin C, et al. Nitric oxide activates an Nrf2/sulfiredoxin antioxidant pathway in macrophages. Free Radic Biol Med. 2011;51:107-14 pubmed publisher..A small redox protein, sulfiredoxin (Srx), conserved only in eukaryotes, has been shown to reduce sulfinylated 2-Cys Prx's, adding to the complexity of the ..
- Wei Q, Jiang H, Baker A, Dodge L, Gerard M, Young M, et al. Loss of sulfiredoxin renders mice resistant to azoxymethane/dextran sulfate sodium-induced colon carcinogenesis. Carcinogenesis. 2013;34:1403-10 pubmed publisherSulfiredoxin (Srx) is the enzyme that reduces the hyperoxidized inactive form of peroxiredoxins. To study the function of Srx in carcinogenesis in vivo, we tested whether loss of Srx protects mice from cancer development...
- Diet A, Abbas K, Bouton C, Guillon B, Tomasello F, Fourquet S, et al. Regulation of peroxiredoxins by nitric oxide in immunostimulated macrophages. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:36199-205 pubmed..In addition, studies using macrophages from sulfiredoxin (Srx)-deficient mice indicated that regeneration of 2-Cys Prxs to the active form was dependent on Srx...
- Kil I, Lee S, Ryu K, Woo H, Hu M, Bae S, et al. Feedback control of adrenal steroidogenesis via H2O2-dependent, reversible inactivation of peroxiredoxin III in mitochondria. Mol Cell. 2012;46:584-94 pubmed publisher..The coupling of CYP11B1 activity to PrxIII inactivation provides a feedback regulatory mechanism for steroidogenesis that functions independently of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis. ..