Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Srsf3
Description: serine/arginine-rich splicing factor 3
Alias: AL024116, Sfrs3, X16, serine/arginine-rich splicing factor 3, pre-mRNA-splicing factor SRP20, splicing factor, arginine/serine-rich 3 (SRp20)
- Bavelloni A, Faenza I, Cioffi G, Piazzi M, Parisi D, Matic I, et al. Proteomic-based analysis of nuclear signaling: PLCbeta1 affects the expression of the splicing factor SRp20 in Friend erythroleukemia cells. Proteomics. 2006;6:5725-34 pubmed..Here we show the existence of a PLCbeta(1)-specific target, the splicing factor SRp20, whose expression is specifically down-regulated by the nuclear signaling evoked by PLCbeta(1). ..
- Roberts J, Ennajdaoui H, Edmondson C, Wirth B, Sanford J, Chen B. Splicing factor TRA2B is required for neural progenitor survival. J Comp Neurol. 2014;522:372-92 pubmed publisher..Thus, TRA2B is essential for proper development of the cerebral cortex. ..
- Sen S, Jumaa H, Webster N. Splicing factor SRSF3 is crucial for hepatocyte differentiation and metabolic function. Nat Commun. 2013;4:1336 pubmed publisher..Here we show that SRSF3HKO mice carrying a hepatocyte-specific deletion of Srsf3 (homologous to human SRSF3/SRp20) have a disrupted hepatic architecture and show pre- and postnatal growth ..
- Ã„nkÃ¶ M, MÃ¼ller McNicoll M, Brandl H, Curk T, Gorup C, Henry I, et al. The RNA-binding landscapes of two SR proteins reveal unique functions and binding to diverse RNA classes. Genome Biol. 2012;13:R17 pubmed publisher..Here we use iCLIP to globally analyze and compare the RNA binding properties of two SR proteins, SRSF3 and SRSF4, in murine cells...
- Ajiro M, Jia R, Wang R, Deng C, Zheng Z. Adapted Resistance to the Knockdown Effect of shRNA-Derived Srsf3 siRNAs in Mouse Littermates. Int J Biol Sci. 2015;11:1248-56 pubmed publisher..In this report, transgenic mouse lines were created for conditional knockdown of Srsf3 (SRp20) expression in liver and mammary gland tissues by expressing Srsf3-specific shRNAs driven by a U6 promoter...
- Ayane M, Preuss U, Kohler G, Nielsen P. A differentially expressed murine RNA encoding a protein with similarities to two types of nucleic acid binding motifs. Nucleic Acids Res. 1991;19:1273-8 pubmedUsing differential screening, a murine cDNA, termed X16, was isolated corresponding to an mRNA which is more strongly expressed in pre-B cell lines relative to mature B-cell lines...
- Sen S, Langiewicz M, Jumaa H, Webster N. Deletion of serine/arginine-rich splicing factor 3 in hepatocytes predisposes to hepatocellular carcinoma in mice. Hepatology. 2015;61:171-83 pubmed publisher..We show here that hepatocyte-specific deletion of serine/arginine-rich splicing factor 3 (SRSF3) impairs hepatocyte maturation and metabolism in early adult life, and mice develop spontaneous hepatocellular ..
- Antunes Martins A, Mizuno K, Irvine E, Lepicard E, Giese K. Sex-dependent up-regulation of two splicing factors, Psf and Srp20, during hippocampal memory formation. Learn Mem. 2007;14:693-702 pubmed..Here we show that the hippocampal mRNA expression of two splicing factors, splicing factor arginine/serine-rich 3 (Sfrs3/Srp20) and polypyrimidine tract-binding protein-associated splicing factor (Psf), is altered in CaMKKbeta-..
- LU J, Qian J, Izvolsky K, Cardoso W. Global analysis of genes differentially expressed in branching and non-branching regions of the mouse embryonic lung. Dev Biol. 2004;273:418-35 pubmed..Our data suggest that these genes may regulate focal developmental events specific of each of these regions during respiratory tract formation. ..
- Colwill K, Pawson T, Andrews B, Prasad J, Manley J, Bell J, et al. The Clk/Sty protein kinase phosphorylates SR splicing factors and regulates their intranuclear distribution. EMBO J. 1996;15:265-75 pubmed..Overexpression of the active Clk/Sty kinase caused a redistribution of SR proteins within the nucleus. These results suggest that Clk/Sty kinase directly regulates the activity and compartmentalization of SR splicing factors. ..
- Thoren L, Nørgaard G, Weischenfeldt J, Waage J, Jakobsen J, Damgaard I, et al. UPF2 is a critical regulator of liver development, function and regeneration. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e11650 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data demonstrate the critical role of the NMD pathway in liver development, function and regeneration and highlights the importance of NMD for mammalian biology. ..
- Hobeika E, Thiemann S, Storch B, Jumaa H, Nielsen P, Pelanda R, et al. Testing gene function early in the B cell lineage in mb1-cre mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:13789-94 pubmed..The availability of a mouse line with efficient cre-mediated recombination at an early developmental stage in the B lineage provides an opportunity to study the role of various genes specifically in B cell development and function. ..