Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SRG3
Description: SWI/SNF related, matrix associated, actin dependent regulator of chromatin, subfamily c, member 1
Alias: AI115498, BAF155, Rsc8, SRG3, msp3, SWI/SNF complex subunit SMARCC1, BRG1-associated factor 155, SWI/SNF complex 155 kDa subunit, SWI/SNF-related matrix-associated actin-dependent regulator of chromatin subfamily C member 1, SWI3-related protein
- Dykhuizen E, Hargreaves D, Miller E, Cui K, Korshunov A, Kool M, et al. BAF complexes facilitate decatenation of DNA by topoisomerase II?. Nature. 2013;497:624-7 pubmed publisher..These studies indicate that the ability of TOP2A to prevent DNA entanglement at mitosis requires BAF complexes and suggest that this activity contributes to the role of BAF subunits as tumour suppressors. ..
- Vieira J, Howard S, Villa del Campo C, Bollini S, Dubé K, Masters M, et al. BRG1-SWI/SNF-dependent regulation of the Wt1 transcriptional landscape mediates epicardial activity during heart development and disease. Nat Commun. 2017;8:16034 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal essential functions for chromatin-remodelling in the activation of EPDCs during cardiovascular development and repair. ..
- Hong C, Suh J, Kim K, Gong E, Jeon S, Ko M, et al. Modulation of androgen receptor transactivation by the SWI3-related gene product (SRG3) in multiple ways. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:4841-52 pubmedThe SWI3-related gene product (SRG3), a component of the mouse SWI/SNF complex, has been suggested to have an alternative function...
- Nguyen H, Sokpor G, Pham L, Rosenbusch J, Stoykova A, Staiger J, et al. Epigenetic regulation by BAF (mSWI/SNF) chromatin remodeling complexes is indispensable for embryonic development. Cell Cycle. 2016;15:1317-24 pubmed publisher..Importantly, we recently reported that double conditional knock-out (dcKO) of the BAF155 and BAF170 core subunits in mice abolished the presence of the other BAF subunits in the developing cortex...
- Costa Y, Speed R, Gautier P, Semple C, Maratou K, Turner J, et al. Mouse MAELSTROM: the link between meiotic silencing of unsynapsed chromatin and microRNA pathway?. Hum Mol Genet. 2006;15:2324-34 pubmed..The presence of MAEL in these critical compartments of male germ cells and its interactions provide a link suggesting the involvement of the miRNA pathway in MSUC...
- Bachmann C, Nguyen H, Rosenbusch J, Pham L, Rabe T, Patwa M, et al. mSWI/SNF (BAF) Complexes Are Indispensable for the Neurogenesis and Development of Embryonic Olfactory Epithelium. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1006274 pubmed publisher..We demonstrated that BAF155 subunit is highly expressed in both oNSCs and ORNs, whereas high expression of BAF170 subunit is observed only in ..
- Kim J, Huh S, Choi H, Lee K, Shin D, Lee C, et al. Srg3, a mouse homolog of yeast SWI3, is essential for early embryogenesis and involved in brain development. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:7787-95 pubmed..gene product) is a mouse homolog of yeast SWI3, Drosophila melanogaster MOIRA (also named MOR/BAP155), and human BAF155 and is known as a core subunit of SWI/SNF complex...
- Reyes J, Barra J, Muchardt C, Camus A, Babinet C, Yaniv M. Altered control of cellular proliferation in the absence of mammalian brahma (SNF2alpha). EMBO J. 1998;17:6979-91 pubmed..These studies suggest that BRM participates in the regulation of cell proliferation in adult mice. ..
- Kleger A, Mahaddalkar P, Katz S, Lechel A, Joo J, Loya K, et al. Increased reprogramming capacity of mouse liver progenitor cells, compared with differentiated liver cells, requires the BAF complex. Gastroenterology. 2012;142:907-17 pubmed publisher..expression of reprogramming factors (Klf4 and c-Myc) and BAF (Brg1/Brm associated factor)-complex members Baf155 and Brg1, which mediate epigenetic changes during reprogramming...
- Jeon S, Kang M, Kim Y, Jin Y, Lee C, Chung H, et al. A new mouse gene, SRG3, related to the SWI3 of Saccharomyces cerevisiae, is required for apoptosis induced by glucocorticoids in a thymoma cell line. J Exp Med. 1997;185:1827-36 pubmed..SRG3, showed a significant sequence homology to SWI3, a yeast transcriptional activator, and its human homolog BAF155. SRG3 encodes 1,100 amino acids and has 33-47% identity with SWI3 protein over three regions...
- Choi Y, Jeon S, Jang J, Han S, Kim J, Chung H, et al. Notch1 confers a resistance to glucocorticoid-induced apoptosis on developing thymocytes by down-regulating SRG3 expression. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:10267-72 pubmedWe previously have reported that SRG3 is required for glucocorticoid (GC)-induced apoptosis in the S49.1 thymoma cell line. Activation of Notch1 was shown to induce GC resistance in thymocytes...
- Lessard J, Wu J, Ranish J, Wan M, Winslow M, Staahl B, et al. An essential switch in subunit composition of a chromatin remodeling complex during neural development. Neuron. 2007;55:201-15 pubmed..More broadly, these studies suggest that SWI/SNF-like complexes in vertebrates achieve biological specificity by combinatorial assembly of their subunits. ..
- Jeong S, Lee K, Shin D, Chung H, Jeon S, Seong R. Nitric oxide inhibits glucocorticoid-induced apoptosis of thymocytes by repressing the SRG3 expression. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:34373-9 pubmed..We previously reported that GC sensitivity of developing thymocytes is dependent on the expression level of SRG3. In the present report, we found that NO repressed the SRG3 expression in both primary thymocytes and 16610D9 ..
- Daxinger L, Harten S, Oey H, Epp T, Isbel L, Huang E, et al. An ENU mutagenesis screen identifies novel and known genes involved in epigenetic processes in the mouse. Genome Biol. 2013;14:R96 pubmed..Overall, the Momme collection of mouse mutants provides a valuable resource for researchers across many disciplines. ..
- Li H, Zhang Z, Wang B, Zhang J, Zhao Y, Jin Y. Wwp2-mediated ubiquitination of the RNA polymerase II large subunit in mouse embryonic pluripotent stem cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:5296-305 pubmed..These results indicate that Wwp2 plays an important role in regulating expression of Rpb1 in normal physiological conditions. ..
- Nagl N, Wang X, Patsialou A, Van Scoy M, Moran E. Distinct mammalian SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling complexes with opposing roles in cell-cycle control. EMBO J. 2007;26:752-63 pubmed..The specific complexes control access of factors such as E2F1, Tip60, and HDAC1/2/3 to the promoters of various cell-cycle-specific genes, with c-Myc emerging as a particularly critical target. ..
- Choi J, Ko M, Jeon S, Jeon Y, Park K, Lee C, et al. The SWI/SNF-like BAF complex is essential for early B cell development. J Immunol. 2012;188:3791-803 pubmed publisher..In this article, we show that deletion of Srg3/mBaf155, a scaffold subunit of the SWI/SNF-like BAF complex, in the hematopoietic lineage caused defects at both ..
- Ninkovic J, Steiner Mezzadri A, Jawerka M, Akinci U, Masserdotti G, Petricca S, et al. The BAF complex interacts with Pax6 in adult neural progenitors to establish a neurogenic cross-regulatory transcriptional network. Cell Stem Cell. 2013;13:403-18 pubmed publisher..Taken together, elements of our work identify a tripartite effector network activated by Pax6-BAF that programs neuronal fate. ..
- Sohn D, Lee K, Lee C, Oh J, Chung H, Jeon S, et al. SRG3 interacts directly with the major components of the SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling complex and protects them from proteasomal degradation. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:10614-24 pubmed..SRG3, a murine homologue of yeast SWI3, Drosophila MOIRA, and human BAF155, is a core component of the murine SWI/SNF complex required for the regulation of transcriptional processes ..
- Han D, Jeon S, Sohn D, Lee C, Ahn S, Kim W, et al. SRG3, a core component of mouse SWI/SNF complex, is essential for extra-embryonic vascular development. Dev Biol. 2008;315:136-46 pubmed publisher..SRG3, a homologue of human BAF155, is a core component of the mouse SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling complex...
- Jeong S, Lee C, Lee S, Kim J, Seong R. The SWI/SNF chromatin-remodeling complex modulates peripheral T cell activation and proliferation by controlling AP-1 expression. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:2340-50 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the SWI/SNF complex plays a critical role during T cell activation and subsequent immune responses. ..
- Ko M, Ahn J, Lee C, Chung H, Jeon S, Chung H, et al. E2A/HEB and Id3 proteins control the sensitivity to glucocorticoid-induced apoptosis in thymocytes by regulating the SRG3 expression. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:21916-23 pubmed..Here we show that SRG3 acts as a novel downstream target of E2A/HeLa E box-binding (HEB) complex and modulates glucocorticoid (GC) ..
- Choi J, Jeon S, Choi S, Park K, Seong R. The SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling complex regulates germinal center formation by repressing Blimp-1 expression. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:E718-27 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that the SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling complex is required for GC reactions. Mice lacking Srg3/mBaf155, a core component of the SWI/SNF complex, showed impaired differentiation of GC B and follicular helper T ..
- Ahn J, Ko M, Lee C, Kim J, Yoon H, Seong R. Srg3, a mouse homolog of BAF155, is a novel p53 target and acts as a tumor suppressor by modulating p21(WAF1/CIP1) expression. Oncogene. 2011;30:445-56 pubmed publisher..However, underlying mechanisms are still incompletely defined. Here, we show that Srg3, a mouse homolog of BAF155 that function as a core subunit of this complex, suppresses tumorigenesis in vivo...
- Olave I, Wang W, Xue Y, Kuo A, Crabtree G. Identification of a polymorphic, neuron-specific chromatin remodeling complex. Genes Dev. 2002;16:2509-17 pubmed..We speculate that bBAF complexes create neuronal-specific patterns of chromatin accessibility, thereby imparting new regulatory characteristics to ubiquitous sequence-specific transcription factors in neurons. ..
- Deneault E, Cellot S, Faubert A, Laverdure J, Fréchette M, Chagraoui J, et al. A functional screen to identify novel effectors of hematopoietic stem cell activity. Cell. 2009;137:369-79 pubmed publisher..The utilization of this screening method together with the creation of a database enriched for potential determinants of hematopoietic stem cell self-renewal will serve as a resource to uncover regulatory networks in these cells. ..
- Ahn J, Ko M, Lee K, Oh J, Jeon S, Seong R. Expression of SRG3, a core component of mouse SWI/SNF chromatin-remodeling complex, is regulated by cooperative interactions between Sp1/Sp3 and Ets transcription factors. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;338:1435-46 pubmedSRG3, a mouse homolog of yeast SWI3 and human BAF155, is known to be a core component of SWI/SNF chromatin-remodeling complex...
- Luo X, Wang B, Tang F, Zhang J, Zhao Y, Li H, et al. Wwp2 targets SRG3, a scaffold protein of the SWI/SNF-like BAF complex, for ubiquitination and degradation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;443:1048-53 pubmed publisherb>SRG3 plays essential roles both in early mouse embryogenesis and in extra-embryonic vascular development...
- Lee S, Park H, Jeon S, Lee C, Seong R, Park S, et al. Ubiquitous Over-Expression of Chromatin Remodeling Factor SRG3 Ameliorates the T Cell-Mediated Exacerbation of EAE by Modulating the Phenotypes of both Dendritic Cells and Macrophages. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0132329 pubmed publisherAlthough SWI3-related gene (SRG3), a chromatin remodeling factor, is critical for various biological processes including early embryogenesis and thymocyte development, it is unclear whether SRG3 is involved in the differentiation of CD4+ ..
- Panamarova M, Cox A, Wicher K, Butler R, Bulgakova N, Jeon S, et al. The BAF chromatin remodelling complex is an epigenetic regulator of lineage specification in the early mouse embryo. Development. 2016;143:1271-83 pubmed publisher..However, the role of the BAF complex in early mouse development has remained unclear. Here, we demonstrate that BAF155, a major BAF complex subunit, regulates the assembly of the BAF complex in vivo and regulates lineage ..
- Lee Y, Sohn D, Han D, Lee H, Seong R, Kim J. Chromatin remodeling complex interacts with ADD1/SREBP1c to mediate insulin-dependent regulation of gene expression. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:438-52 pubmed..Furthermore, in vivo overexpression of BAF155/SRG3, a component of the SWI/SNF complex, substantially promoted insulin target gene expression and insulin ..
- Harmacek L, Watkins Chow D, Chen J, Jones K, Pavan W, Salbaum J, et al. A unique missense allele of BAF155, a core BAF chromatin remodeling complex protein, causes neural tube closure defects in mice. Dev Neurobiol. 2014;74:483-97 pubmed publisher..Here we characterized Baf155(msp3) , a unique ENU-induced allele in mice...
- WILSON B, Helming K, Wang X, Kim Y, Vazquez F, Jagani Z, et al. Residual complexes containing SMARCA2 (BRM) underlie the oncogenic drive of SMARCA4 (BRG1) mutation. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:1136-44 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results reveal a role for SMARCA2 in oncogenesis caused by SMARCA4 loss and identify the ATPase and bromodomain-containing SMARCA2 as a potential therapeutic target in these cancers. ..
- Ko M, Jang J, Ahn J, Lee K, Chung H, Jeon S, et al. T cell receptor signaling inhibits glucocorticoid-induced apoptosis by repressing the SRG3 expression via Ras activation. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:21903-15 pubmed..Previously, we have shown that the expression level of SRG3, a murine homolog of BAF155 in humans, correlated well with the GC sensitivity of T cells either in vitro or in vivo...
- Jung I, Sohn D, Choi J, Kim J, Jeon S, Seol J, et al. SRG3/mBAF155 stabilizes the SWI/SNF-like BAF complex by blocking CHFR mediated ubiquitination and degradation of its major components. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;418:512-7 pubmed publisher..The SWI/SNF-like BAF complex consists of several components including core subunits such as BRG1, BAF155/SRG3, BAF47/SNF5/INI1, and BAF170...
- Miller S, Mohn S, Weinmann A. Jmjd3 and UTX play a demethylase-independent role in chromatin remodeling to regulate T-box family member-dependent gene expression. Mol Cell. 2010;40:594-605 pubmed publisher..This function for H3K27 demethylase proteins may explain their presence in differentiated cells where the epigenetic profile is already established. ..