Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Srebf2
Description: sterol regulatory element binding factor 2
Alias: AI608257, SREBP-2, SREBP2, SREBP2gc, bHLHd2, lop13, nuc, sterol regulatory element-binding protein 2, srebf2, sterol regulatory element-binding transcription factor 2
- Seo Y, Jeon T, Chong H, Biesinger J, Xie X, Osborne T. Genome-wide localization of SREBP-2 in hepatic chromatin predicts a role in autophagy. Cell Metab. 2011;13:367-375 pubmed publisher..Thus, the lipid droplet could be viewed as a third source of cellular cholesterol, which along with sterol synthesis and uptake, is also regulated by SREBP-2. ..
- Rong S, Cortés V, Rashid S, Anderson N, McDonald J, Liang G, et al. Expression of SREBP-1c Requires SREBP-2-mediated Generation of a Sterol Ligand for LXR in Livers of Mice. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate that cholesterol and FA synthesis in hepatocytes are coupled and that flux through the cholesterol biosynthetic pathway is required for the maximal SREBP-1c expression and high rates of FA synthesis. ..
- Cases S, Smith S, Zheng Y, Myers H, Lear S, Sande E, et al. Identification of a gene encoding an acyl CoA:diacylglycerol acyltransferase, a key enzyme in triacylglycerol synthesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:13018-23 pubmed..The identification of this cDNA encoding a DGAT will greatly facilitate studies of cellular glycerolipid metabolism and its regulation. ..
- Kang Q, Chen A. Curcumin inhibits srebp-2 expression in activated hepatic stellate cells in vitro by reducing the activity of specificity protein-1. Endocrinology. 2009;150:5384-94 pubmed publisher..These results provide novel insights into molecular mechanisms by which curcumin inhibits LDL-induced HSC activation. ..
- Mallampalli R, Ryan A, Carroll J, Osborne T, Thomas C. Lipid deprivation increases surfactant phosphatidylcholine synthesis via a sterol-sensitive regulatory element within the CTP:phosphocholine cytidylyltransferase promoter. Biochem J. 2002;362:81-8 pubmed..These observations indicate that sterol-regulated expression of CCT is mediated by an SRE within its 5' flanking region. ..
- Fonseca T, Fernandes G, McAninch E, Bocco B, Abdalla S, Ribeiro M, et al. Perinatal deiodinase 2 expression in hepatocytes defines epigenetic susceptibility to liver steatosis and obesity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:14018-23 pubmed publisher..The resulting phenotype of the adult ALB-D2KO mouse is dramatic, with greatly reduced susceptibility to diet-induced steatosis, hypertriglyceridemia, and obesity. ..
- Ji C, Chan C, Kaplowitz N. Predominant role of sterol response element binding proteins (SREBP) lipogenic pathways in hepatic steatosis in the murine intragastric ethanol feeding model. J Hepatol. 2006;45:717-24 pubmed..The predominant mechanism of hepatic triglyceride accumulation in the intragastric alcohol fed mouse requires the participation of SREBP-1c. SREBP-2 regulated cholesterol accumulation still occurs. ..
- Suzuki R, Lee K, Jing E, Biddinger S, McDonald J, Montine T, et al. Diabetes and insulin in regulation of brain cholesterol metabolism. Cell Metab. 2010;12:567-79 pubmed publisher..Thus, insulin and diabetes can alter brain cholesterol metabolism, and this may play an important role in the neurologic and metabolic dysfunction observed in diabetes and other disease states. ..
- Welch C, Bretschger S, Wen P, Mehrabian M, Latib N, Fruchart Najib J, et al. Novel QTLs for HDL levels identified in mice by controlling for Apoa2 allelic effects: confirmation of a chromosome 6 locus in a congenic strain. Physiol Genomics. 2004;17:48-59 pubmed..003 and P = 0.0001 for HDL-C and non-HDL-C levels, respectively). These data are consistent with polygenic inheritance of HDL-C levels in the mouse model and provide candidate loci for HDL-C and non-HDL-C level determination in humans. ..
- Eberle D, Hegarty B, Bossard P, Ferre P, Foufelle F. SREBP transcription factors: master regulators of lipid homeostasis. Biochimie. 2004;86:839-48 pubmed
- Fon Tacer K, Kalanj Bognar S, Waterman M, Rozman D. Lanosterol metabolism and sterol regulatory element binding protein (SREBP) expression in male germ cell maturation. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2003;85:429-38 pubmed..spermatogenic cells was an enigma until recently, when a soluble, 55kDa cholesterol-insensitive form of SREBP2 (SREBP2gc) was discovered [Mol. Cell. Endocrinol. 22 (2002) 8478], being translated from a germ cell-specific SREBP2 mRNA...
- Wang X, Berry E, Hernández Anzaldo S, Takawale A, Kassiri Z, Fernandez Patron C. Matrix metalloproteinase-2 mediates a mechanism of metabolic cardioprotection consisting of negative regulation of the sterol regulatory element-binding protein-2/3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-CoA reductase pathway in the heart. Hypertension. 2015;65:882-8 pubmed publisher..This complex phenotype is, at least in part, because of the cardiac sterol regulatory element-binding protein-2/3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-coenzyme A reductase pathway being upregulated in MMP-2 deficiency. ..
- Kim Y, Byun S, Zhang Y, Seok S, Kemper B, Ma J, et al. Liver ChIP-seq analysis in FGF19-treated mice reveals SHP as a global transcriptional partner of SREBP-2. Genome Biol. 2015;16:268 pubmed publisher..This study reveals SHP as a global transcriptional partner of SREBP-2 in regulation of sterol biosynthetic gene networks and provides a potential mechanism for cholesterol-lowering action of FGF19. ..
- Lim K, Chang H. O-GlcNAc inhibits interaction between Sp1 and sterol regulatory element binding protein 2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;393:314-8 pubmed publisher..Here we provide evidence that O-GlcNAc interrupts a known interaction between Sp1 and sterol regulatory element binding protein 2 (SREBP2), thereby inhibiting expression of the gene encoding acetyl-CoA synthetase 1, which is ..
- Jeong H, Lee H, Kim K, Kim Y, Yoon D, Park S. Sterol-dependent regulation of proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin type 9 expression by sterol-regulatory element binding protein-2. J Lipid Res. 2008;49:399-409 pubmed..However, in vivo, it is suggested that the sterol-dependent regulation of PCSK9 is mediated predominantly by SREBP-2. ..
- Chen Z, Wen L, Martin M, Hsu C, Fang L, Lin F, et al. Oxidative stress activates endothelial innate immunity via sterol regulatory element binding protein 2 (SREBP2) transactivation of microRNA-92a. Circulation. 2015;131:805-14 pubmed publisher..Here, we postulated that oxidative stress induces sterol regulatory element-binding protein 2 (SREBP2) and microRNA-92a (miR-92a), which in turn activate endothelial innate immune response, leading to dysfunctional ..
- Gerin I, Clerbaux L, Haumont O, Lanthier N, Das A, Burant C, et al. Expression of miR-33 from an SREBP2 intron inhibits cholesterol export and fatty acid oxidation. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:33652-61 pubmed publisher..In this study, we provide evidence that the primary transcript of SREBP2 contains an intronic miRNA (miR-33) that reduces cellular cholesterol export via inhibition of translation of the ..
- Lin X, Chen Z, Yue P, Averna M, Ostlund R, Watson M, et al. A targeted apoB38.9 mutation in mice is associated with reduced hepatic cholesterol synthesis and enhanced lipid peroxidation. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2006;290:G1170-6 pubmed..In contrast, apoB38.9 mice effectively maintain cholesterol homeostasis in the liver, at least in part, by reducing hepatic cholesterol synthesis. ..
- Jeon T, Esquejo R, Roqueta Rivera M, Phelan P, Moon Y, Govindarajan S, et al. An SREBP-responsive microRNA operon contributes to a regulatory loop for intracellular lipid homeostasis. Cell Metab. 2013;18:51-61 pubmed publisher..These studies reveal an miRNA "operon" analogous to the classic model for genetic control in bacterial regulatory systems. ..
- Jiang T, Liebman S, Lucia M, Li J, Levi M. Role of altered renal lipid metabolism and the sterol regulatory element binding proteins in the pathogenesis of age-related renal disease. Kidney Int. 2005;68:2608-20 pubmed
- Sone H, Shimano H, Sakakura Y, Inoue N, Amemiya Kudo M, Yahagi N, et al. Acetyl-coenzyme A synthetase is a lipogenic enzyme controlled by SREBP-1 and energy status. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2002;282:E222-30 pubmed..However, its high conservation among different species and the wide range of its tissue distribution suggest that this enzyme might also play an important role in basic cellular energy metabolism. ..
- Kim K, Jang H, Yang Y, Park K, Seo J, Shin I, et al. SREBP-2/PNPLA8 axis improves non-alcoholic fatty liver disease through activation of autophagy. Sci Rep. 2016;6:35732 pubmed publisher..These data provide a possible mechanism for the reported beneficial effects of statins for decreasing hepatic triglyceride levels in NAFLD patients. ..
- Camargo N, Goudriaan A, van Deijk A, Otte W, Brouwers J, Lodder H, et al. Oligodendroglial myelination requires astrocyte-derived lipids. PLoS Biol. 2017;15:e1002605 pubmed publisher..We conclude that lipid synthesis by oligodendrocytes is heavily supplemented by astrocytes in vivo and that horizontal lipid flux is a major feature of normal brain development and myelination. ..
- Wang H, Liu F, Millette C, Kilpatrick D. Expression of a novel, sterol-insensitive form of sterol regulatory element binding protein 2 (SREBP2) in male germ cells suggests important cell- and stage-specific functions for SREBP targets during spermatogenesis. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:8478-90 pubmed..This protein, SREBP2gc, is expressed in a stage-dependent fashion as a soluble, constitutively active transcription factor that is not ..
- Merath K, Chang B, Dubielzig R, Jeannotte R, Sidjanin D. A spontaneous mutation in Srebf2 leads to cataracts and persistent skin wounds in the lens opacity 13 (lop13) mouse. Mamm Genome. 2011;22:661-73 pubmed publisher..analysis identified a C3112T mutation in exon 18 of Sterol Regulatory Element Binding-Transcription Factor 2 (Srebf2) resulting in the R1038C substitution of a highly conserved arginine within the Srebf2 regulatory domain...
- Sasaki M, Terao Y, Ayaori M, Uto Kondo H, Iizuka M, Yogo M, et al. Hepatic overexpression of idol increases circulating protein convertase subtilisin/kexin type 9 in mice and hamsters via dual mechanisms: sterol regulatory element-binding protein 2 and low-density lipoprotein receptor-dependent pathways. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2014;34:1171-8 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, these effects would be independent of cholesteryl ester transfer protein expression. ..
- Marquart T, Allen R, Ory D, Baldán A. miR-33 links SREBP-2 induction to repression of sterol transporters. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:12228-32 pubmed publisherThe sterol regulatory element binding protein 2 (SREBP-2) and the liver X receptor (LXR) control antagonistic transcriptional programs that stimulate cellular cholesterol uptake and synthesis, and cholesterol efflux, respectively...
- Du H, Wang Y, Zhang Z, Yang J, Zhang J, Zhang Y. Fibronectin Overexpression Modulates Formation of Macrophage Foam Cells by Activating SREBP2 Involved in Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2015;36:1821-34 pubmed..Moreover, activation of the sterol regulatory element binding protein-2 (SREBP2) was found to be downstream of ER stress, and this activation was affirmed to account for the intracellular ..
- Ivashchenko C, Bradley B, Ao Z, Leiper J, Vallance P, Johns D. Regulation of the ADMA-DDAH system in endothelial cells: a novel mechanism for the sterol response element binding proteins, SREBP1c and -2. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2010;298:H251-8 pubmed publisher..knockdown of SREBP1c protein led to an increase in DDAH1 mRNA expression and activity, whereas the knockdown of SREBP2 led to a decrease in DDAH1 mRNA expression...
- Xu G, Muller O, Stange E, Fuchs M. Impaired regulation of sterol regulatory element binding protein 2 in cholesterol gallstone-susceptible mice. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2004;1688:274-9 pubmed..Lipid synthesis is under tight transcriptional control involving sterol regulatory element binding proteins (SREBP1, SREBP2)...
- Kauppinen L, Myöhänen S, Halmekyto M, Alhonen L, Janne J. Transgenic mice over-expressing the human spermidine synthase gene. Biochem J. 1993;293 ( Pt 2):513-6 pubmed
- Lhotak S, Sood S, Brimble E, Carlisle R, Colgan S, Mazzetti A, et al. ER stress contributes to renal proximal tubule injury by increasing SREBP-2-mediated lipid accumulation and apoptotic cell death. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2012;303:F266-78 pubmed publisher..In summary, our findings suggest that ER stress-induced SREBP-2 activation contributes to renal proximal tubule cell injury by dysregulating lipid homeostasis. ..
- Ringseis R, Rauer C, Rothe S, Gessner D, Schütz L, Luci S, et al. Sterol regulatory element-binding proteins are regulators of the NIS gene in thyroid cells. Mol Endocrinol. 2013;27:781-800 pubmed publisher..These findings show that TSH acts as a regulator of SREBP expression and maturation in thyroid epithelial cells and that SREBPs are novel transcriptional regulators of NIS. ..
- Yan F, Huang A, Xu Z, Ruan X, Chen Y. [Inflammation enhances the accumulation of lipid in ApoE/SRA/CD36 KO mice liver]. Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi. 2010;18:366-70 pubmed publisher..72 fold) in liver. Immunohistochemical staining also indicated increased proteins expression in the liver, which was consistent with mRNA data. Inflammation causes lipid accumulation in liver via disrupting SREBP-2 and LDLr expression. ..
- Ma K, Malhotra P, Soni V, Hedroug O, Annaba F, Dudeja A, et al. Overactivation of intestinal SREBP2 in mice increases serum cholesterol. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e84221 pubmed publisherSterol Response Element Binding Protein 2 (SREBP2) transcription factor is a master regulator of cholesterol homeostasis...
- Yu F, Zeng H, Lei M, Xiao D, Li W, Yuan H, et al. Effects of SIRT1 gene knock-out via activation of SREBP2 protein-mediated PI3K/AKT signaling on osteoarthritis in mice. J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci. 2016;36:683-690 pubmed publisherThis study investigated the effects of SIRT1 gene knock-out on osteoarthritis in mice, and the possible roles of SREBP2 protein and the PI3K/AKT signaling pathway in the effects...
- Bauer S, Wanninger J, Schmidhofer S, Weigert J, Neumeier M, Dorn C, et al. Sterol regulatory element-binding protein 2 (SREBP2) activation after excess triglyceride storage induces chemerin in hypertrophic adipocytes. Endocrinology. 2011;152:26-35 pubmed publisher..Sterol regulatory element-binding protein 2 (SREBP2) was activated in these cells, indicative for cholesterol shortage...
- Wang H, San Agustin J, Witman G, Kilpatrick D. Novel role for a sterol response element binding protein in directing spermatogenic cell-specific gene expression. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:10681-8 pubmed..Sterol response element binding protein 2gc (SREBP2gc) is a spermatogenic cell-enriched isoform of the ubiquitous transcription factor SREBP2, which in somatic cells ..
- Yasui K, Paeng N, Miyoshi N, Suzuki T, Taguchi K, Ishigami Y, et al. Effects of a catechin-free fraction derived from green tea on gene expression of enzymes related to lipid metabolism in the mouse liver. Biomed Res. 2012;33:9-13 pubmed..Also, the gene expression of sterol regulatory element-binding transcription factor (Srebf)1 and/or Srebf2 was reduced, suggesting that the reduction of Srebfs contributed to the down-regulation of the lipogenic enzymes, ..
- Tao R, Xiong X, Depinho R, Deng C, Dong X. Hepatic SREBP-2 and cholesterol biosynthesis are regulated by FoxO3 and Sirt6. J Lipid Res. 2013;54:2745-53 pubmed publisher..Here we have identified sirtuin (Sirt)6 as a critical factor for Srebp2 gene regulation. Hepatic deficiency of Sirt6 in mice leads to elevated cholesterol levels...
- Luu W, Sharpe L, Stevenson J, Brown A. Akt acutely activates the cholesterogenic transcription factor SREBP-2. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1823:458-64 pubmed publisher..Together, this study provides compelling evidence that Akt contributes to the acute regulation of cholesterol metabolism through activating sterol-regulatory element binding protein-2. ..
- Kato T, Shimano H, Yamamoto T, Yokoo T, Endo Y, Ishikawa M, et al. Granuphilin is activated by SREBP-1c and involved in impaired insulin secretion in diabetic mice. Cell Metab. 2006;4:143-54 pubmed..Collectively, our data provide evidence that activation of the SREBP-1c/granuphilin pathway is a potential mechanism for impaired insulin secretion in diabetes, contributing to beta cell lipotoxicity. ..
- Gu L, Johnson M, Lusis A. Quantitative trait locus analysis of plasma lipoprotein levels in an autoimmune mouse model : interactions between lipoprotein metabolism, autoimmune disease, and atherogenesis. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 1999;19:442-53 pubmed..5 OD). Our results support the concept that the high prevalence of coronary artery disease in systemic lupus erythematosus is due in part to a reduction of HDL cholesterol levels resulting from the autoimmune disease. ..
- Klingenspor M, Bodnar J, Xia Y, Welch C, Lusis A, Reue K. Localization of profilin-1 (Pfn1) and a related sequence (Pfn1-rs) to mouse chromosomes 11 and 15 respectively. Mamm Genome. 1997;8:539-40 pubmed
- Kang J, Lienhard M, Pastor W, Chawla A, Novotny M, Tsagaratou A, et al. Simultaneous deletion of the methylcytosine oxidases Tet1 and Tet3 increases transcriptome variability in early embryogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:E4236-45 pubmed publisher..Thus, TET enzymes and DNA cytosine modifications could directly or indirectly modulate transcriptional noise, resulting in the selective susceptibility of certain intracellular pathways to regulation by TET proteins. ..
- Cho S, Jun H, Lee J, Jia Y, Kim K, Lee S. Linalool reduces the expression of 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl CoA reductase via sterol regulatory element binding protein-2- and ubiquitin-dependent mechanisms. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:3289-96 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that food molecules with a pleasant scent could exert beneficial metabolic effects through multiple mechanisms. ..
- Vergnes L, Chin R, de Aguiar Vallim T, Fong L, Osborne T, Young S, et al. SREBP-2-deficient and hypomorphic mice reveal roles for SREBP-2 in embryonic development and SREBP-1c expression. J Lipid Res. 2016;57:410-21 pubmed publisher..acid biosynthesis are regulated by the sterol regulatory element-binding proteins (SREBPs), encoded by Srebf1 and Srebf2. We generated mice that were either deficient or hypomorphic for SREBP-2...
- Murphy C, Murray A, Meaney S, Gafvels M. Regulation by SREBP-2 defines a potential link between isoprenoid and adenosylcobalamin metabolism. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;355:359-64 pubmed
- Peterson T, Sengupta S, Harris T, Carmack A, Kang S, Balderas E, et al. mTOR complex 1 regulates lipin 1 localization to control the SREBP pathway. Cell. 2011;146:408-20 pubmed publisher..These findings establish lipin 1 as a key component of the mTORC1-SREBP pathway. ..
- Tarling E, Ahn H, de Aguiar Vallim T. The nuclear receptor FXR uncouples the actions of miR-33 from SREBP-2. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2015;35:787-95 pubmed publisher..Further, we conclude that the FXR agonist-dependent increase in miR-33 requires transcription of the Srebp-2 gene. ..
- Najafi Shoushtari S, Kristo F, Li Y, Shioda T, Cohen D, Gerszten R, et al. MicroRNA-33 and the SREBP host genes cooperate to control cholesterol homeostasis. Science. 2010;328:1566-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that miR-33 acts in concert with the SREBP host genes to control cholesterol homeostasis and suggest that miR-33 may represent a therapeutic target for ameliorating cardiometabolic diseases...
- Hashimoto M, Kobayashi K, Yamazaki M, Kazuki Y, Takehara S, Oshimura M, et al. Cyp3a deficiency enhances androgen receptor activity and cholesterol synthesis in the mouse prostate. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2016;163:121-8 pubmed publisher..expression levels of cholesterogenic enzymes through activation of sterol regulatory element-binding protein2 (SREBP2)...
- Myöhänen S, Wahlfors J, Alhonen L, Janne J. Nucleotide sequence of mouse spermidine synthase cDNA. DNA Seq. 1994;4:343-6 pubmed..The open reading frame encoded a polypeptide of 302 amino acids, displaying 95% similarity to human and 33% similarity to E. coli spermidine synthase. The 3' flanking region contained an unusual polyadenylation signal AATACA. ..
- Lin Z, Pan X, Wu F, Ye D, Zhang Y, Wang Y, et al. Fibroblast growth factor 21 prevents atherosclerosis by suppression of hepatic sterol regulatory element-binding protein-2 and induction of adiponectin in mice. Circulation. 2015;131:1861-71 pubmed publisher..FGF21 protects against atherosclerosis via fine tuning the multiorgan crosstalk among liver, adipose tissue, and blood vessels. ..
- Kidani Y, Elsaesser H, Hock M, Vergnes L, Williams K, Argus J, et al. Sterol regulatory element-binding proteins are essential for the metabolic programming of effector T cells and adaptive immunity. Nat Immunol. 2013;14:489-99 pubmed publisher..Our studies provide insights into the molecular signals that underlie the metabolic reprogramming of CD8(+) T cells during the transition from quiescence to activation. ..
- Besnard V, Xu Y, Whitsett J. Sterol response element binding protein and thyroid transcription factor-1 (Nkx2.1) regulate Abca3 gene expression. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2007;293:L1395-405 pubmed..Abca3 gene expression is mediated by discrete cis-acting cassettes that mediate pulmonary cell- and lipid-sensitive pathways regulating surfactant homeostasis...
- Beigneux A, Kosinski C, Gavino B, Horton J, Skarnes W, Young S. ATP-citrate lyase deficiency in the mouse. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:9557-64 pubmed..The Acly knockout allele is useful for identifying cell types with a high demand for acetyl-CoA synthesis. ..
- Tarr P, Edwards P. ABCG1 and ABCG4 are coexpressed in neurons and astrocytes of the CNS and regulate cholesterol homeostasis through SREBP-2. J Lipid Res. 2008;49:169-82 pubmed..Based on the results of the current study, we propose that ABCG1 and ABCG4 mediate the intracellular vesicular transport of cholesterol/sterols within both neurons and astrocytes to regulate cholesterol transport in the brain...
- Shin D, Osborne T. Thyroid hormone regulation and cholesterol metabolism are connected through Sterol Regulatory Element-Binding Protein-2 (SREBP-2). J Biol Chem. 2003;278:34114-8 pubmed..Additionally, these results indicate that mutations or drugs that lower nuclear SREBP-2 would cause hypercholesterolemia. ..
- Cases S, Novak S, Zheng Y, Myers H, Lear S, Sande E, et al. ACAT-2, a second mammalian acyl-CoA:cholesterol acyltransferase. Its cloning, expression, and characterization. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:26755-64 pubmed..The identification and cloning of ACAT-2 will facilitate molecular approaches to understanding the role of ACAT enzymes in mammalian biology. ..
- Yamaguchi S, Yamane T, Takahashi Niki K, Kato I, Niki T, Goldberg M, et al. Transcriptional activation of low-density lipoprotein receptor gene by DJ-1 and effect of DJ-1 on cholesterol homeostasis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e38144 pubmed publisher..This is the first report that DJ-1 participates in metabolism of fatty acid synthesis through transcriptional regulation of the LDLR gene. ..
- Jiang T, Wang Z, Proctor G, Moskowitz S, Liebman S, Rogers T, et al. Diet-induced obesity in C57BL/6J mice causes increased renal lipid accumulation and glomerulosclerosis via a sterol regulatory element-binding protein-1c-dependent pathway. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:32317-25 pubmed..Our results therefore suggest that diet-induced obesity causes increased renal lipid accumulation and glomerulosclerosis in C57BL/6J mice via an SREBP-1c-dependent pathway. ..
- Ma K, Liu J, Wang C, Ni J, Zhang Y, Wu Y, et al. Activation of mTOR modulates SREBP-2 to induce foam cell formation through increased retinoblastoma protein phosphorylation. Cardiovasc Res. 2013;100:450-60 pubmed publisher..Increased mTORC1 activity was found to up-regulate SREBP-2-mediated cholesterol uptake through Rb phosphorylation. ..
- Inoue S, Yoshinari K, Sugawara M, Yamazoe Y. Activated sterol regulatory element-binding protein-2 suppresses hepatocyte nuclear factor-4-mediated Cyp3a11 expression in mouse liver. Mol Pharmacol. 2011;79:148-56 pubmed publisher..This results in the reduced PGC-1? recruitment to HNF-4? on the Cyp3a11 promoter and the subsequent down-regulation of Cyp3a11 expression. ..
- Pham D, Do H, Bruelle C, Kukkonen J, Eriksson O, MogollÃ³n I, et al. p75 Neurotrophin Receptor Signaling Activates Sterol Regulatory Element-binding Protein-2 in Hepatocyte Cells via p38 Mitogen-activated Protein Kinase and Caspase-3. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:10747-58 pubmed publisher..human hepatocyte cells showed that the neurotrophins activate the sterol regulatory element-binding protein-2 (SREBP2) that regulates genes involved in lipid metabolism...
- Bennett M, Seo Y, Datta S, Shin D, Osborne T. Selective binding of sterol regulatory element-binding protein isoforms and co-regulatory proteins to promoters for lipid metabolic genes in liver. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:15628-37 pubmed publisher..This underscores the mechanistic flexibility that has evolved at the individual gene/promoter level to maintain metabolic homeostasis in response to shifting nutritional states and environmental fluctuations. ..