Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Srebf1
Description: sterol regulatory element binding transcription factor 1
Alias: ADD1, SREBP1, bHLHd1, sterol regulatory element-binding protein 1, adipocyte determination- and differentiation-dependent factor 1
- Liang G, Yang J, Horton J, Hammer R, Goldstein J, Brown M. Diminished hepatic response to fasting/refeeding and liver X receptor agonists in mice with selective deficiency of sterol regulatory element-binding protein-1c. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:9520-8 pubmed..Moreover, these mRNAs, as well as multiple other lipogenic mRNAs, showed a markedly blunted response to the LXR agonist T090137, indicating an essential role of SREBP-1c in the LXR response. ..
- Le Martelot G, Claudel T, Gatfield D, Schaad O, Kornmann B, Lo Sasso G, et al. REV-ERBalpha participates in circadian SREBP signaling and bile acid homeostasis. PLoS Biol. 2009;7:e1000181 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our study suggests that rhythmic cholesterol and bile acid metabolism is not just driven by alternating feeding-fasting cycles, but also by REV-ERBalpha, a component of the circadian clockwork circuitry. ..
- Shimano H, Shimomura I, Hammer R, Herz J, Goldstein J, Brown M, et al. Elevated levels of SREBP-2 and cholesterol synthesis in livers of mice homozygous for a targeted disruption of the SREBP-1 gene. J Clin Invest. 1997;100:2115-24 pubmed
- Repa J, Liang G, Ou J, Bashmakov Y, Lobaccaro J, Shimomura I, et al. Regulation of mouse sterol regulatory element-binding protein-1c gene (SREBP-1c) by oxysterol receptors, LXRalpha and LXRbeta. Genes Dev. 2000;14:2819-30 pubmed..Because this active form of SREBP-1c controls the transcription of genes involved in fatty acid biosynthesis, our results reveal a unique regulatory interplay between cholesterol and fatty acid metabolism. ..
- Yahagi N, Shimano H, Hasty A, Matsuzaka T, Ide T, Yoshikawa T, et al. Absence of sterol regulatory element-binding protein-1 (SREBP-1) ameliorates fatty livers but not obesity or insulin resistance in Lep(ob)/Lep(ob) mice. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:19353-7 pubmed..In conclusion, SREBP-1 regulation of lipogenesis is highly involved in the development of fatty livers but does not seem to be a determinant of obesity in Lep(ob)/Lep(ob) mice. ..
- Flier J, Hollenberg A. ADD-1 provides major new insight into the mechanism of insulin action. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:14191-2 pubmed
- Düvel K, Yecies J, Menon S, Raman P, Lipovsky A, Souza A, et al. Activation of a metabolic gene regulatory network downstream of mTOR complex 1. Mol Cell. 2010;39:171-83 pubmed publisher..metabolic gene targets of hypoxia-inducible factor (HIF1alpha) and sterol regulatory element-binding protein (SREBP1 and SREBP2)...
- Jung E, Kwon S, Jung B, Oh S, Lee B. Role of the AMPK/SREBP-1 pathway in the development of orotic acid-induced fatty liver. J Lipid Res. 2011;52:1617-25 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, OA induces hepatic lipogenesis, mediated predominantly by the AMPK/SREBP-1 pathway in rat hepatocytes and human hepatoma cell lines. ..
- Shimomura I, Shimano H, Horton J, Goldstein J, Brown M. Differential expression of exons 1a and 1c in mRNAs for sterol regulatory element binding protein-1 in human and mouse organs and cultured cells. J Clin Invest. 1997;99:838-45 pubmed..2-fold), and the 1c transcript remained virtually undetectable. We conclude that the SREBP-1a and 1c transcripts are controlled independently by regulatory regions that respond differentially to organ-specific and metabolic factors...
- Horton J, Shah N, Warrington J, Anderson N, Park S, Brown M, et al. Combined analysis of oligonucleotide microarray data from transgenic and knockout mice identifies direct SREBP target genes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:12027-32 pubmed
- Li Y, Xu S, Mihaylova M, Zheng B, Hou X, Jiang B, et al. AMPK phosphorylates and inhibits SREBP activity to attenuate hepatic steatosis and atherosclerosis in diet-induced insulin-resistant mice. Cell Metab. 2011;13:376-388 pubmed publisher..AMPK-dependent phosphorylation of SREBP may offer therapeutic strategies to combat insulin resistance, dyslipidemia, and atherosclerosis. ..
- Shimano H, Horton J, Hammer R, Shimomura I, Brown M, Goldstein J. Overproduction of cholesterol and fatty acids causes massive liver enlargement in transgenic mice expressing truncated SREBP-1a. J Clin Invest. 1996;98:1575-84 pubmed..The amount of white adipose tissue decreased progressively as the liver enlarged. These studies indicate that the NH2-terminal domain of SREBP-1a can produce major effects on lipid synthesis and storage in the liver. ..
- Walker A, Jacobs R, Watts J, Rottiers V, Jiang K, Finnegan D, et al. A conserved SREBP-1/phosphatidylcholine feedback circuit regulates lipogenesis in metazoans. Cell. 2011;147:840-52 pubmed publisher..Thus, nutritional or genetic conditions limiting SAMe or PC production may activate SREBP-1, contributing to human metabolic disorders. ..
- Kato T, Shimano H, Yamamoto T, Yokoo T, Endo Y, Ishikawa M, et al. Granuphilin is activated by SREBP-1c and involved in impaired insulin secretion in diabetic mice. Cell Metab. 2006;4:143-54 pubmed..Collectively, our data provide evidence that activation of the SREBP-1c/granuphilin pathway is a potential mechanism for impaired insulin secretion in diabetes, contributing to beta cell lipotoxicity. ..
- Kotzka J, Knebel B, Avci H, Jacob S, Nitzgen U, Jockenhovel F, et al. Phosphorylation of sterol regulatory element-binding protein (SREBP)-1a links growth hormone action to lipid metabolism in hepatocytes. Atherosclerosis. 2010;213:156-65 pubmed publisher..These experiments emphasize the role SREBP-1a and its phosphorylation for gene regulatory effects of GH. ..
- Ponugoti B, Kim D, Xiao Z, Smith Z, Miao J, Zang M, et al. SIRT1 deacetylates and inhibits SREBP-1C activity in regulation of hepatic lipid metabolism. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:33959-70 pubmed publisher..Reducing acetylation of SREBP-1c by targeting SIRT1 may be useful for treating metabolic disorders, including fatty liver, obesity, and type II diabetes...
- Ono H, Shimano H, Katagiri H, Yahagi N, Sakoda H, Onishi Y, et al. Hepatic Akt activation induces marked hypoglycemia, hepatomegaly, and hypertriglyceridemia with sterol regulatory element binding protein involvement. Diabetes. 2003;52:2905-13 pubmed..In contrast, myr-Akt-induced hypertriglyceridemia and hepatic triglyceride accumulation are mediated by both Akt-induced SREBP-1 expression and a mechanism involving fatty acid synthesis independent of SREBP-1...
- Eberle D, Hegarty B, Bossard P, Ferre P, Foufelle F. SREBP transcription factors: master regulators of lipid homeostasis. Biochimie. 2004;86:839-48 pubmed
- Walker A, Yang F, Jiang K, Ji J, Watts J, Purushotham A, et al. Conserved role of SIRT1 orthologs in fasting-dependent inhibition of the lipid/cholesterol regulator SREBP. Genes Dev. 2010;24:1403-17 pubmed publisher..These findings may have important biomedical implications for the treatment of metabolic disorders associated with aberrant lipid/cholesterol homeostasis, including metabolic syndrome and atherosclerosis. ..
- Hegarty B, Bobard A, Hainault I, Ferre P, Bossard P, Foufelle F. Distinct roles of insulin and liver X receptor in the induction and cleavage of sterol regulatory element-binding protein-1c. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:791-6 pubmed..Finally, we show through experiments in suckling mice that this acute action of insulin to stimulate the proteolytic processing of SREBP-1c is functional in vivo. ..
- Engelking L, Liang G, Hammer R, Takaishi K, Kuriyama H, Evers B, et al. Schoenheimer effect explained--feedback regulation of cholesterol synthesis in mice mediated by Insig proteins. J Clin Invest. 2005;115:2489-98 pubmed..These studies indicate that the essential elements of the regulatory pathway for lipid synthesis function in liver as they do in cultured cells. ..
- Kumadaki S, Karasawa T, Matsuzaka T, Ema M, Nakagawa Y, Nakakuki M, et al. Inhibition of ubiquitin ligase F-box and WD repeat domain-containing 7? (Fbw7?) causes hepatosteatosis through Krüppel-like factor 5 (KLF5)/peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor ?2 (PPAR?2) pathway but not SREBP-1c protein in mice. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:40835-46 pubmed publisher..Hepatic Fbw7? contributes to normal fatty acid and triglyceride metabolism, functions that represent novel aspects of this cell growth regulator. ..
- Kumadaki S, Matsuzaka T, Kato T, Yahagi N, Yamamoto T, Okada S, et al. Mouse Elovl-6 promoter is an SREBP target. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;368:261-6 pubmed publisher..EMSA indicated that SRE-1 had higher affinity than SRE-2 for SREBP. ChIP assays confirmed in vivo binding of hepatic nuclear SREBP-1c protein. These data demonstrated that Elovl-6 is regulated directly and primarily by SREBP-1c. ..
- Seo J, Moon H, Noh M, Lee Y, Jeong H, Yoo E, et al. Adipocyte determination- and differentiation-dependent factor 1/sterol regulatory element-binding protein 1c regulates mouse adiponectin expression. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:22108-17 pubmed..and that there is a concomitant reduction of the adipocyte determination- and differentiation-dependent factor 1 (ADD1)/sterol regulatory element-binding protein 1c (SREBP1c) transcription factor...
- Horie T, Nishino T, Baba O, Kuwabara Y, Nakao T, Nishiga M, et al. MicroRNA-33 regulates sterol regulatory element-binding protein 1 expression in mice. Nat Commun. 2013;4:2883 pubmed publisher..Using miR-33(-/-)Srebf1(+/-) mice, we demonstrate that SREBP-1 is a target of miR-33 and that the mechanisms leading to obesity and liver ..
- Awazawa M, Ueki K, Inabe K, Yamauchi T, Kaneko K, Okazaki Y, et al. Adiponectin suppresses hepatic SREBP1c expression in an AdipoR1/LKB1/AMPK dependent pathway. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;382:51-6 pubmed publisher..These data show that adiponectin suppresses SREBP1c through the AdipoR1/LKB1/AMPK pathway, and suggest a possible role for adiponectin in the regulation of hepatic fatty acid synthesis. ..
- Matsuzaka T, Shimano H, Yahagi N, Amemiya Kudo M, Okazaki H, Tamura Y, et al. Insulin-independent induction of sterol regulatory element-binding protein-1c expression in the livers of streptozotocin-treated mice. Diabetes. 2004;53:560-9 pubmed..These data clearly demonstrate that nutritional regulation of SREBP-1c and lipogenic genes may be completely independent of insulin as long as sufficient carbohydrates are available. ..
- Shimano H, Yahagi N, Amemiya Kudo M, Hasty A, Osuga J, Tamura Y, et al. Sterol regulatory element-binding protein-1 as a key transcription factor for nutritional induction of lipogenic enzyme genes. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:35832-9 pubmed..These data demonstrate that SREBP-1 plays a crucial role in the induction of lipogenesis but not cholesterol biosynthesis in liver when excess energy by carbohydrates is consumed. ..
- Kotzka J, Knebel B, Haas J, Kremer L, Jacob S, Hartwig S, et al. Preventing phosphorylation of sterol regulatory element-binding protein 1a by MAP-kinases protects mice from fatty liver and visceral obesity. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e32609 pubmed publisher..Moreover, preventing phosphorylation of SREBP-1a protects mice also from dyslipidemia. In conclusion, phosphorylation of SREBP-1a by ERK, JNK and p38 MAPK-families resembles a biological principle and plays a significant role, in vivo. ..
- Brewer M, Lange D, Baler R, Anzulovich A. SREBP-1 as a transcriptional integrator of circadian and nutritional cues in the liver. J Biol Rhythms. 2005;20:195-205 pubmed..This study highlights a possible direct link between the immediate effects of food consumption on the level of key membrane and humoral factors and the expression status of a set of coordinately regulated target genes in the liver. ..
- Kalaany N, Gauthier K, Zavacki A, Mammen P, Kitazume T, Peterson J, et al. LXRs regulate the balance between fat storage and oxidation. Cell Metab. 2005;1:231-44 pubmed..These studies suggest that, by selectively sensing the cholesterol component of a lipid-rich diet, LXRs govern the balance between storage and oxidation of dietary fat. ..
- Vergnes L, Chin R, de Aguiar Vallim T, Fong L, Osborne T, Young S, et al. SREBP-2-deficient and hypomorphic mice reveal roles for SREBP-2 in embryonic development and SREBP-1c expression. J Lipid Res. 2016;57:410-21 pubmed publisher..and fatty acid biosynthesis are regulated by the sterol regulatory element-binding proteins (SREBPs), encoded by Srebf1 and Srebf2. We generated mice that were either deficient or hypomorphic for SREBP-2...
- Takeuchi Y, Yahagi N, Nakagawa Y, Matsuzaka T, Shimizu R, Sekiya M, et al. In vivo promoter analysis on refeeding response of hepatic sterol regulatory element-binding protein-1c expression. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;363:329-35 pubmed..These mice are the first models to provide the mechanistic insight into the transcriptional regulation of SREBP-1c gene in vivo. ..
- Deng X, Zhang W, O Sullivan I, Williams J, Dong Q, Park E, et al. FoxO1 inhibits sterol regulatory element-binding protein-1c (SREBP-1c) gene expression via transcription factors Sp1 and SREBP-1c. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:20132-43 pubmed publisher..We examined the effects of FoxO1 on srebp1 gene expression in vivo and in vitro...
- Takahashi Y, Shinoda A, Furuya N, Harada E, Arimura N, Ichi I, et al. Perilipin-mediated lipid droplet formation in adipocytes promotes sterol regulatory element-binding protein-1 processing and triacylglyceride accumulation. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e64605 pubmed publisher..Therefore, LD biogenesis may create the ER microenvironment favorable for SREBP-1 activation. We describe the novel interplay between LD formation and SREBP-1 activation through a positive feedback loop. ..
- Wu Y, Chen K, Liu X, Huang L, Zhao D, Li L, et al. Srebp-1 Interacts with c-Myc to Enhance Somatic Cell Reprogramming. Stem Cells. 2016;34:83-92 pubmed publisher..These results elucidate a novel role for Srebp-1 in somatic cell reprogramming and provide insights into understanding the metabolic switch during reprogramming. ..
- Yin Y, Gao L, Lin H, Wu Y, Han X, Zhu Y, et al. Luteolin improves non-alcoholic fatty liver disease in db/db mice by inhibition of liver X receptor activation to down-regulate expression of sterol regulatory element binding protein 1c. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;482:720-726 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that luteolin can abolish lipid accumulation induced by LXR-SREBP-1c activation both in vivo and in vitro, and may have potential as a therapeutic agent for treating NAFLD. ..
- Dayton T, Gocheva V, Miller K, Israelsen W, Bhutkar A, Clish C, et al. Germline loss of PKM2 promotes metabolic distress and hepatocellular carcinoma. Genes Dev. 2016;30:1020-33 pubmed publisher..Therefore, in addition to its role in cancer metabolism, PKM2 plays a role in controlling systemic metabolic homeostasis and inflammation, thereby preventing HCC by a non-cell-autonomous mechanism. ..
- Wang R, Kong X, Cui A, Liu X, Xiang R, Yang Y, et al. Sterol-regulatory-element-binding protein 1c mediates the effect of insulin on the expression of Cidea in mouse hepatocytes. Biochem J. 2010;430:245-54 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that SREBP-1c directly mediates the effect of insulin on Cidea in hepatocytes and that Cidea, at least in part, mediates SREBP-1c-dependent lipid accumulation. ..
- Ikeda S, Miyazaki H, Nakatani T, Kai Y, Kamei Y, Miura S, et al. Up-regulation of SREBP-1c and lipogenic genes in skeletal muscles after exercise training. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;296:395-400 pubmed..These data indicate that SREBP-1c, a key transcription factor of liver triglyceride synthesis, might also be responsible for skeletal muscle triglyceride synthesis after chronic exercise training. ..
- Tu K, Zheng X, Yin G, Zan X, Yao Y, Liu Q. Evaluation of Fbxw7 expression and its correlation with expression of SREBP-1 in a mouse model of NAFLD. Mol Med Rep. 2012;6:525-30 pubmed publisher..584; P<0.05). Fbxw7 was decreased in NAFLD and negatively correlated with SREBP-1, indicating that the Fbxw7-SREBP-1 axis may play a key pathological role in the development of NAFLD. ..
- Kim K, Kim K, Kim H, Cheong J. Hepatitis B virus X protein induces lipogenic transcription factor SREBP1 and fatty acid synthase through the activation of nuclear receptor LXRalpha. Biochem J. 2008;416:219-30 pubmed publisher..that HBx (HBV protein X) expression induces lipid accumulation in hepatic cells mediated by the induction of SREBP1 (sterol-regulatory-element-binding protein 1), a key regulator of lipogenic genes in the liver...
- Kidani Y, Elsaesser H, Hock M, Vergnes L, Williams K, Argus J, et al. Sterol regulatory element-binding proteins are essential for the metabolic programming of effector T cells and adaptive immunity. Nat Immunol. 2013;14:489-99 pubmed publisher..Our studies provide insights into the molecular signals that underlie the metabolic reprogramming of CD8(+) T cells during the transition from quiescence to activation. ..
- Shimano H, Amemiya Kudo M, Takahashi A, Kato T, Ishikawa M, Yamada N. Sterol regulatory element-binding protein-1c and pancreatic beta-cell dysfunction. Diabetes Obes Metab. 2007;9 Suppl 2:133-9 pubmed..These data implicate a therapeutic potential of EPA against insulin secretion defects caused by lipotoxicity. ..
- Fujimori K, Aritake K, Urade Y. A novel pathway to enhance adipocyte differentiation of 3T3-L1 cells by up-regulation of lipocalin-type prostaglandin D synthase mediated by liver X receptor-activated sterol regulatory element-binding protein-1c. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:18458-66 pubmed..Liver X receptor-mediated up-regulation of L-PGDS through activation of SREBP-1c is a novel path-way to enhance adipocyte differentiation. ..
- Olsson B, Bohlooly Y M, Brusehed O, Isaksson O, Ahren B, Olofsson S, et al. Bovine growth hormone-transgenic mice have major alterations in hepatic expression of metabolic genes. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2003;285:E504-11 pubmed
- Lee Y, Sohn D, Han D, Lee H, Seong R, Kim J. Chromatin remodeling complex interacts with ADD1/SREBP1c to mediate insulin-dependent regulation of gene expression. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:438-52 pubmed..In fat and liver tissues, ADD1/SREBP1c is a key transcription factor to mediate insulin-dependent regulation of gene expression...
- Mallampalli R, Ryan A, Carroll J, Osborne T, Thomas C. Lipid deprivation increases surfactant phosphatidylcholine synthesis via a sterol-sensitive regulatory element within the CTP:phosphocholine cytidylyltransferase promoter. Biochem J. 2002;362:81-8 pubmed..These observations indicate that sterol-regulated expression of CCT is mediated by an SRE within its 5' flanking region. ..
- Bobard A, Hainault I, Ferre P, Foufelle F, Bossard P. Differential regulation of sterol regulatory element-binding protein 1c transcriptional activity by insulin and liver X receptor during liver development. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:199-206 pubmed..This could be due to the concomitant induction of INSIG-2a by LXR and subsequent retention of SREBP-1c in the endoplasmic reticulum. ..
- Nagata R, Nishio Y, Sekine O, Nagai Y, Maeno Y, Ugi S, et al. Single nucleotide polymorphism (-468 Gly to A) at the promoter region of SREBP-1c associates with genetic defect of fructose-induced hepatic lipogenesis [corrected]. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:29031-42 pubmed..loss of binding of unidentified proteins to the region between -453 to -480 bp of the SREBP-1c promoter and 2). impaired insulin stimulation of SREBP-1c promoter activity. ..
- Chen S, Chen J, Johnson P, Muppala V, Lee Y. C/EBPbeta, when expressed from the C/ebpalpha gene locus, can functionally replace C/EBPalpha in liver but not in adipose tissue. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:7292-9 pubmed..Moreover, our studies with the C/ebpalpha(beta/beta) mice provide new insights into the nonredundant functions of C/EBPalpha and C/EBPbeta on gene regulation in WAT. ..
- Doran A, Meller N, Cutchins A, Deliri H, Slayton R, Oldham S, et al. The helix-loop-helix factors Id3 and E47 are novel regulators of adiponectin. Circ Res. 2008;103:624-34 pubmed publisher..These data establish Id3 and E47 as novel regulators of SREBP-1c-mediated adiponectin expression in differentiating adipocytes and provide evidence that Id3 regulates adiponectin expression in vivo. ..
- Li Y, Nara T, Nakamura M. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha is required for feedback regulation of highly unsaturated fatty acid synthesis. J Lipid Res. 2005;46:2432-40 pubmed..Our study suggests that PPARalpha, together with SREBP-1c, senses HUFA status and confers pathway-specific induction of HUFA synthesis by essential fatty acid-deficient diets. ..
- Wagner B, Valledor A, Shao G, Daige C, Bischoff E, Petrowski M, et al. Promoter-specific roles for liver X receptor/corepressor complexes in the regulation of ABCA1 and SREBP1 gene expression. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:5780-9 pubmed..including the genes for ATP-binding cassette transporter A1 (ABCA1) and sterol response element binding protein 1 (SREBP1)...
- Cedó L, Santos D, Roglans N, Julve J, Pallarés V, Rivas Urbina A, et al. Human hepatic lipase overexpression in mice induces hepatic steatosis and obesity through promoting hepatic lipogenesis and white adipose tissue lipolysis and fatty acid uptake. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0189834 pubmed publisher..and de novo lipogenesis without affecting triglyceride secretion, and this was associated with an upregulation of Srebf1 as well as the main genes controlling the synthesis of fatty acids...
- Zitzer H, Wente W, Brenner M, Sewing S, Buschard K, Gromada J, et al. Sterol regulatory element-binding protein 1 mediates liver X receptor-beta-induced increases in insulin secretion and insulin messenger ribonucleic acid levels. Endocrinology. 2006;147:3898-905 pubmed..These data support the role of LXRbeta, SREBP-1, and cataplerosis/anaplerosis pathways in the control of insulin secretion in pancreatic beta-cells. ..
- Calo E, Quintero Estades J, Danielian P, Nedelcu S, Berman S, Lees J. Rb regulates fate choice and lineage commitment in vivo. Nature. 2010;466:1110-4 pubmed publisher..Here we use mouse models to address this hypothesis in mesenchymal tissue development and tumorigenesis. Our data show that Rb status plays a key role in establishing fate choice between bone and brown adipose tissue in vivo. ..
- Bojanic D, Tarr P, Gale G, Smith D, Bok D, Chen B, et al. Differential expression and function of ABCG1 and ABCG4 during development and aging. J Lipid Res. 2010;51:169-81 pubmed publisher..Finally, behavioral tests show that Abcg4(-/-) mice have a general deficit in associative fear memory. Together, these data indicate that loss of ABCG1 and/or ABCG4 from the CNS results in changes in metabolic pathways and in behavior...
- Park H, Georgescu S, DU C, Madias C, Aronovitz M, Welzig C, et al. Parasympathetic response in chick myocytes and mouse heart is controlled by SREBP. J Clin Invest. 2008;118:259-71 pubmed..These results demonstrate a relationship between lipid metabolism and parasympathetic response that may play a role in arrhythmogenesis. ..
- Shibata C, Kishikawa T, Otsuka M, Ohno M, Yoshikawa T, Takata A, et al. Inhibition of microRNA122 decreases SREBP1 expression by modulating suppressor of cytokine signaling 3 expression. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;438:230-5 pubmed publisher..Because the expression of SREBP1, a central transcription factor involved in lipid metabolism, is known to be increased by suppressor of cytokine ..
- Bae J, Oh A, Lee H, Ahn Y, Cha J. Hepatic Elovl6 gene expression is regulated by the synergistic action of ChREBP and SREBP-1c. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;478:1060-6 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that the synergistic action of ChREBP and SREBP-1c is necessary for the maximal induction of Elovl6 expression in the liver. ..
- Yasui K, Paeng N, Miyoshi N, Suzuki T, Taguchi K, Ishigami Y, et al. Effects of a catechin-free fraction derived from green tea on gene expression of enzymes related to lipid metabolism in the mouse liver. Biomed Res. 2012;33:9-13 pubmed..These results suggest that in addition to EGCG, green tea contains some component(s) which may help to prevent arteriosclerosis and obesity. ..
- Herrera E, Samper E, Blasco M. Telomere shortening in mTR-/- embryos is associated with failure to close the neural tube. EMBO J. 1999;18:1172-81 pubmed..The fact that the main defect detected in mTR-/- embryos is in the closing of the neural tube, suggests that this developmental process is among the most sensitive to telomere loss and chromosomal instability. ..
- Ringseis R, Rauer C, Rothe S, Gessner D, Schütz L, Luci S, et al. Sterol regulatory element-binding proteins are regulators of the NIS gene in thyroid cells. Mol Endocrinol. 2013;27:781-800 pubmed publisher..These findings show that TSH acts as a regulator of SREBP expression and maturation in thyroid epithelial cells and that SREBPs are novel transcriptional regulators of NIS. ..
- Takeuchi Y, Yahagi N, Izumida Y, Nishi M, Kubota M, Teraoka Y, et al. Polyunsaturated fatty acids selectively suppress sterol regulatory element-binding protein-1 through proteolytic processing and autoloop regulatory circuit. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:11681-91 pubmed publisher..The mechanisms for PUFA suppression of SREBP-1 confirm that the autoloop regulation for transcription is crucial for the nutritional regulation of triglyceride synthesis. ..
- Uttarwar L, Gao B, Ingram A, Krepinsky J. SREBP-1 activation by glucose mediates TGF-? upregulation in mesangial cells. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2012;302:F329-41 pubmed publisher..Activated SREBP-1 binds to the TGF-? promoter, resulting in TGF-?1 upregulation in response to HG. SREBP-1 thus provides a potential novel therapeutic target for the treatment of diabetic nephropathy. ..
- Le Lay S, Lefrere I, Trautwein C, Dugail I, Krief S. Insulin and sterol-regulatory element-binding protein-1c (SREBP-1C) regulation of gene expression in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. Identification of CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein beta as an SREBP-1C target. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:35625-34 pubmed..Thus, some of the effects of insulin and/or SREBP-1c in mature fat cells might require C/EBPbeta or C/EBPdelta as transcriptional relays. ..
- Xu G, Muller O, Stange E, Fuchs M. Impaired regulation of sterol regulatory element binding protein 2 in cholesterol gallstone-susceptible mice. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2004;1688:274-9 pubmedLipid synthesis is under tight transcriptional control involving sterol regulatory element binding proteins (SREBP1, SREBP2)...
- Moon Y, Hammer R, Horton J. Deletion of ELOVL5 leads to fatty liver through activation of SREBP-1c in mice. J Lipid Res. 2009;50:412-23 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate that reduced ELOVL5 activity leads to hepatic steatosis, and endogenously synthesized PUFAs are key regulators of SREBP-1c activation and fatty acid synthesis in livers of mice. ..
- Hu M, Wang F, Li X, Rogers C, Liang X, Finck B, et al. Regulation of hepatic lipin-1 by ethanol: role of AMP-activated protein kinase/sterol regulatory element-binding protein 1 signaling in mice. Hepatology. 2012;55:437-46 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, ethanol-induced up-regulation of lipin-1 gene expression is mediated through inhibition of AMPK and activation of SREBP-1. ..
- Pols T, Ottenhoff R, Vos M, Levels J, Quax P, Meijers J, et al. Nur77 modulates hepatic lipid metabolism through suppression of SREBP1c activity. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;366:910-6 pubmed..Taken together, our study demonstrates that Nur77 modulates hepatic lipid metabolism through suppression of SREBP1c activity. ..
- Seo Y, Chong H, Infante A, Im S, Xie X, Osborne T. Genome-wide analysis of SREBP-1 binding in mouse liver chromatin reveals a preference for promoter proximal binding to a new motif. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:13765-9 pubmed publisher..SREBP-1 bound not only to many well-characterized SREBP-1 target genes but to several other previously unknown targets in lipid and carbohydrate metabolism as well as many putative target genes in other diverse biological pathways. ..
- Lee G, Jang H, Lee J, Huh J, Choi S, Chung J, et al. PIASy-mediated sumoylation of SREBP1c regulates hepatic lipid metabolism upon fasting signaling. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:926-38 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest that PKA-induced SREBP1c sumoylation by PIASy is a key regulatory mechanism to turn off hepatic lipogenesis during nutritional deprivation. ..