Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Sptbn2
Description: spectrin beta, non-erythrocytic 2
Alias: Spnb3, mKIAA0302, spectrin beta chain, non-erythrocytic 2, beta-spectrin 3, spectrin beta 3
- Legendre K, Safieddine S, Küssel Andermann P, Petit C, El Amraoui A. alphaII-betaV spectrin bridges the plasma membrane and cortical lattice in the lateral wall of the auditory outer hair cells. J Cell Sci. 2008;121:3347-56 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the cortical network involved in the sound-induced electromotility of OHCs contains alphaII-betaV spectrin, and not the conventional alphaII-betaII spectrin. ..
- May Simera H, Petralia R, Montcouquiol M, Wang Y, Szarama K, Liu Y, et al. Ciliary proteins Bbs8 and Ift20 promote planar cell polarity in the cochlea. Development. 2015;142:555-66 pubmed publisher..This could implicate these molecules in selective trafficking of membrane proteins upstream of cytoskeletal reorganization, and identifies new roles for cilia-related proteins in cochlear PCP. ..
- Le Bras B, Fréal A, Czarnecki A, Legendre P, Bullier E, Komada M, et al. In vivo assembly of the axon initial segment in motor neurons. Brain Struct Funct. 2014;219:1433-50 pubmed publisher..5 these nascent AISs are already able to generate spikes. Using knock-out mice, we demonstrated that neither ?4-spectrin nor Neurofascin control the distal-to-proximal restriction of AnkG. ..
- Lim J, Baek H, Jang M, Choi E, Lee Y, Lee S, et al. Loss of ?2-spectrin prevents cardiomyocyte differentiation and heart development. Cardiovasc Res. 2014;101:39-47 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that ?2-spectrin is required for proper development of the heart and that disruption of ?2-spectrin is a potential underlying cause of congenital heart defects. ..
- Buczacki S, Zecchini H, Nicholson A, Russell R, Vermeulen L, Kemp R, et al. Intestinal label-retaining cells are secretory precursors expressing Lgr5. Nature. 2013;495:65-9 pubmed publisher..These findings establish quiescent cells as an effective clonogenic reserve and provide a motivation for investigating their role in pathologies such as colorectal cancers and intestinal inflammation...
- Duncan J, Stoller M, Francl A, Tissir F, Devenport D, Deans M. Celsr1 coordinates the planar polarity of vestibular hair cells during inner ear development. Dev Biol. 2017;423:126-137 pubmed publisher..Since horizontal semi-circular canal defects lead to circling in other mutant mouse lines, we propose that this PCP phenotype is the cellular basis of the circling behavior in Celsr1 mutants. ..
- Wishart T, Rooney T, Lamont D, Wright A, Morton A, Jackson M, et al. Combining comparative proteomics and molecular genetics uncovers regulators of synaptic and axonal stability and degeneration in vivo. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002936 pubmed publisher..We propose that the proteins and functional pathways identified in the current study represent attractive targets for developing therapeutics aimed at modulating synaptic and axonal stability and neurodegeneration in vivo. ..