Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Spon1
Description: spondin 1, (f-spondin) extracellular matrix protein
Alias: AI666765, AW455831, BC020531, D330035F22Rik, FSP, spondin-1, F-spondin
- Fan C, Kuwana E, Bulfone A, Fletcher C, Copeland N, Jenkins N, et al. Expression patterns of two murine homologs of Drosophila single-minded suggest possible roles in embryonic patterning and in the pathogenesis of Down syndrome. Mol Cell Neurosci. 1996;7:1-16 pubmed..Our data suggest that the Sim genes play roles in directing the regionalization of tissues where they are expressed. Moreover, the expression pattern documented for Sim2 may provide insights into its potential roles in Down syndrome. ..
- Joksimovic M, Anderegg A, Roy A, Campochiaro L, Yun B, Kittappa R, et al. Spatiotemporally separable Shh domains in the midbrain define distinct dopaminergic progenitor pools. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:19185-90 pubmed publisher..This refined ontogenetic definition will expand understanding of dopamine neuron biology and selective susceptibility, and will impact stem cell-derived therapies and models for PD. ..
- Svensson P, Williams C, Lundeberg J, Ryden P, Bergqvist I, Edlund H. Gene array identification of Ipf1/Pdx1-/- regulated genes in pancreatic progenitor cells. BMC Dev Biol. 2007;7:129 pubmed..5 pancreatic buds of Ipf1/Pdx1-/- embryos. The expression of one of these, Spondin 1, which encodes an extracellular matrix protein, has not previously been described in the pancreas...
- Blackburn A, Hill L, Roberts A, Wang J, Aud D, Jung J, et al. Genetic mapping in mice identifies DMBT1 as a candidate modifier of mammary tumors and breast cancer risk. Am J Pathol. 2007;170:2030-41 pubmed..The results identify a novel mammary tumor susceptibility locus in mice and support a role for DMBT1 in suppression of mammary tumors in both mice and women. ..
- Serafini T, Colamarino S, Leonardo E, Wang H, Beddington R, Skarnes W, et al. Netrin-1 is required for commissural axon guidance in the developing vertebrate nervous system. Cell. 1996;87:1001-14 pubmed..These results establish netrin-1 as a guidance cue that likely collaborates with other diffusible cues to guide axons in vivo. ..
- Nouri N, Patel M, Joksimovic M, Poulin J, Anderegg A, Taketo M, et al. Excessive Wnt/beta-catenin signaling promotes midbrain floor plate neurogenesis, but results in vacillating dopamine progenitors. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2015;68:131-42 pubmed publisher..Our findings will impact embryonic stem cell protocols that utilize Wnt pathway reagents to derive mDA neuron models and therapeutics for Parkinson's disease. ..
- Guillemot F, Lo L, Johnson J, Auerbach A, Anderson D, Joyner A. Mammalian achaete-scute homolog 1 is required for the early development of olfactory and autonomic neurons. Cell. 1993;75:463-76 pubmed..These observations suggest that Mash-1, like its Drosophila homologs of the AS-C, controls a basic operation in development of neuronal progenitors in distinct neural lineages. ..
- Gewies A, Castineiras Vilarino M, Ferch U, Jährling N, Heinrich K, Hoeckendorf U, et al. Prdm6 is essential for cardiovascular development in vivo. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e81833 pubmed publisher..We thus identified Prdm6 as a factor that is essential for the physiological control of cardiovascular development. ..