Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Sp4
Description: trans-acting transcription factor 4
Alias: 5730497N03Rik, HF-1b, HF1-b, transcription factor Sp4
- Wegener A, Küspert M, Sock E, Philipsen S, Suske G, Wegner M. Sp2 is the only glutamine-rich specificity protein with minor impact on development and differentiation in myelinating glia. J Neurochem. 2017;140:245-256 pubmed publisher..We also studied glia-specific conditional Sp2- and constitutive Sp4-deficient mice to include all related glutamine-rich Sp factors into our analysis...
- ZHOU X, Tang W, Greenwood T, Guo S, He L, Geyer M, et al. Transcription factor SP4 is a susceptibility gene for bipolar disorder. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e5196 pubmed publisherThe Sp4 transcription factor plays a critical role for both development and function of mouse hippocampus. Reduced expression of the mouse Sp4 gene results in a variety of behavioral abnormalities relevant to human psychiatric disorders...
- Lerner L, Peng G, Gribanova Y, Chen S, Farber D. Sp4 is expressed in retinal neurons, activates transcription of photoreceptor-specific genes, and synergizes with Crx. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:20642-50 pubmed..molecular mechanisms of photoreceptor-specific gene transcription, we examined the role of the neuronal-enriched Sp4 nuclear protein in transcription from the rod-specific beta-PDE and rod opsin gene promoters and compared it to the ..
- Hammer F, Compagnone N, Vigne J, Bair S, Mellon S. Transcriptional regulation of P450scc gene expression in the embryonic rodent nervous system. Endocrinology. 2004;145:901-12 pubmed..Members of the Sp family of transcription factors also bind to the same DNA sequence as Ku. Sp4 and Sp2 colocalize with P450scc in the nervous system early in development, whereas Sp1 and Sp4 colocalize later in ..
- Jin P, Sun Y, Grabowski G. In vivo roles of RORalpha and Sp4 in the regulation of murine prosaposin gene. DNA Cell Biol. 2001;20:781-9 pubmed..In vitro, the CNS-expressed proteins Sp4 and RORalpha bind to Sp1 and RORE sites within a 310-bp fragment directly upstream of the transcription start site...
- Hewett K, Norman L, Sedmera D, Barker R, Justus C, Zhang J, et al. Knockout of the neural and heart expressed gene HF-1b results in apical deficits of ventricular structure and activation. Cardiovasc Res. 2005;67:548-60 pubmed
- Dreveny I, Kondo H, Uchiyama K, Shaw A, Zhang X, Freemont P. Structural basis of the interaction between the AAA ATPase p97/VCP and its adaptor protein p47. EMBO J. 2004;23:1030-9 pubmed..We also propose a classification for ubiquitin-like domains containing or lacking a longer S3/S4 loop. ..
- Gollner H, Bouwman P, Mangold M, Karis A, Braun H, Rohner I, et al. Complex phenotype of mice homozygous for a null mutation in the Sp4 transcription factor gene. Genes Cells. 2001;6:689-97 pubmedb>Sp4 is a zinc finger transcription factor which is closely related to Sp1 and Sp3. All three proteins recognize the same DNA elements and can act as transcriptional activators through glutamine-rich activation domains...
- Priya A, Johar K, Nair B, Wong Riley M. Specificity protein 4 (Sp4) regulates the transcription of AMPA receptor subunit GluA2 (Gria2). Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1843:1196-206 pubmed publisher..The goal of the present study was to test our hypothesis that Sp-factors (Sp1, Sp3, and/or Sp4) also regulate AMPA subunit genes...
- ZHOU X, Nie Z, Roberts A, Zhang D, Sebat J, Malhotra D, et al. Reduced NMDAR1 expression in the Sp4 hypomorphic mouse may contribute to endophenotypes of human psychiatric disorders. Hum Mol Genet. 2010;19:3797-805 pubmed publisherThe reduced expression of the Sp4 gene in Sp4 hypomorphic mice resulted in subtle vacuolization in the hippocampus as well as deficits in sensorimotor gating and contextual memory, putative endophenotypes for schizophrenia and other ..
- Saia G, Lalonde J, Sun X, Ramos B, Gill G. Phosphorylation of the transcription factor Sp4 is reduced by NMDA receptor signaling. J Neurochem. 2014;129:743-52 pubmed publisher..The transcription factor Sp4 regulates the developmental patterning of dendrites, contributes to complex processes including learning ..
- Sun X, Pinacho R, Saia G, Punko D, Meana J, Ramos B, et al. Transcription factor Sp4 regulates expression of nervous wreck 2 to control NMDAR1 levels and dendrite patterning. Dev Neurobiol. 2015;75:93-108 pubmed publisher..Mice mutant for the transcription factor Sp4 have reduced levels of NMDAR subunit 1 (NR1) protein, but not mRNA, and exhibit behavioral and memory ..
- Song J, Mangold M, Suske G, Geltinger C, Kanazawa I, Sun K, et al. Characterization and promoter analysis of the mouse gene for transcription factor Sp4. Gene. 2001;264:19-27 pubmedb>Transcription factor Sp4 is a member of the Sp1 family. It functions differently from other members of this family, such as Sp1 and Sp3, and the gene for Sp4 is transcribed in a tissue-specific manner...
- Higa K, Ji B, Buell M, Risbrough V, Powell S, Young J, et al. Restoration of Sp4 in Forebrain GABAergic Neurons Rescues Hypersensitivity to Ketamine in Sp4 Hypomorphic Mice. Int J Neuropsychopharmacol. 2015;18:pyv063 pubmed publisher..The genes and neurons that regulate behavioral responses to ketamine, however, remain poorly understood. Sp4 is a transcription factor for which gene expression is restricted to neuronal cells in the brain...
- Nguyêñ Trân V, Kubalak S, Minamisawa S, Fiset C, Wollert K, Brown A, et al. A novel genetic pathway for sudden cardiac death via defects in the transition between ventricular and conduction system cell lineages. Cell. 2000;102:671-82 pubmed..These studies identify a novel genetic pathway for sudden cardiac death via defects in the transition between ventricular and conduction system cell lineages. ..