Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Sox7
Description: SRY (sex determining region Y)-box 7
Alias: transcription factor SOX-7, SRY-box containing gene 7, mSOX7
- Wilson M, Yang K, Kalousova A, Lau J, Kosaka Y, Lynn F, et al. The HMG box transcription factor Sox4 contributes to the development of the endocrine pancreas. Diabetes. 2005;54:3402-9 pubmed..We show here that several Sox transcription factors are expressed in the developing pancreas and in the islet, and that one of these factors, Sox4, is required for the normal development of pancreatic islets. ..
- Kanai Azuma M, Kanai Y, Gad J, Tajima Y, Taya C, Kurohmaru M, et al. Depletion of definitive gut endoderm in Sox17-null mutant mice. Development. 2002;129:2367-79 pubmed..Our findings indicate an important role of Sox17 in endoderm development in the mouse, highlighting the idea that the molecular mechanism for endoderm formation is likely to be conserved among vertebrates. ..
- Takash W, Canizares J, Bonneaud N, Poulat F, Mattei M, Jay P, et al. SOX7 transcription factor: sequence, chromosomal localisation, expression, transactivation and interference with Wnt signalling. Nucleic Acids Res. 2001;29:4274-83 pubmed..We have characterised the human SOX7 gene and compared it to its mouse orthologue...
- Cuvertino S, Lacaud G, Kouskoff V. SOX7-enforced expression promotes the expansion of adult blood progenitors and blocks B-cell development. Open Biol. 2016;6: pubmed publisherDuring embryogenesis, the three SOXF transcription factors, SOX7, SOX17 and SOX18, regulate the specification of the cardiovascular system and are also involved in the development of haematopoiesis...
- Nelson T, Chiriac A, Faustino R, Crespo Diaz R, Behfar A, Terzic A. Lineage specification of Flk-1+ progenitors is associated with divergent Sox7 expression in cardiopoiesis. Differentiation. 2009;77:248-55 pubmed publisher..gene expression profile of the Flk-1(+) population was notable for a significant upregulation in the vasculogenic Sox7 transcription factor, which overlapped with the emergence of primordial cardiac transcription factors GATA-4, ..
- Kanki Y, Nakaki R, Shimamura T, Matsunaga T, Yamamizu K, Katayama S, et al. Dynamically and epigenetically coordinated GATA/ETS/SOX transcription factor expression is indispensable for endothelial cell differentiation. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:4344-4358 pubmed publisher..We determined that Gata2, Fli1, Sox7 and Sox18 are master regulators of EC that are induced following expression of the haemangioblast commitment ..
- Wright E, Snopek B, Koopman P. Seven new members of the Sox gene family expressed during mouse development. Nucleic Acids Res. 1993;21:744 pubmed
- Murakami A, Shen H, Ishida S, Dickson C. SOX7 and GATA-4 are competitive activators of Fgf-3 transcription. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:28564-73 pubmed..At least five SOX genes, Sox2, Sox6, Sox7, Sox13, and Sox17, were expressed in F9 cells, and of these, Sox7 and Sox17 were dramatically induced in parallel ..
- Villani R, Hodgson S, Legrand J, Greaney J, Wong H, Pichol Thievend C, et al. Dominant-negative Sox18 function inhibits dermal papilla maturation and differentiation in all murine hair types. Development. 2017;144:1887-1895 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, SOX18 acts as a mesenchymal molecular switch necessary for the formation and function of the dermal papilla in all hair types. ..
- Kulinski T, Casari M, Guenzl P, Wenzel D, Andergassen D, Hladik A, et al. Imprinted expression in cystic embryoid bodies shows an embryonic and not an extra-embryonic pattern. Dev Biol. 2015;402:291-305 pubmed publisher..This explains why cystic EBs reproduce the imprinted expression seen in the embryo but not that seen in the ysE. ..
- Lilly A, Costa G, Largeot A, Fadlullah M, Lie A Ling M, Lacaud G, et al. Interplay between SOX7 and RUNX1 regulates hemogenic endothelial fate in the yolk sac. Development. 2016;143:4341-4351 pubmed..Here, we show that SOX7 inhibits the expression of RUNX1 target genes in HE, while having no effect on RUNX1 expression itself...
- Corada M, Orsenigo F, Morini M, Pitulescu M, Bhat G, Nyqvist D, et al. Sox17 is indispensable for acquisition and maintenance of arterial identity. Nat Commun. 2013;4:2609 pubmed publisher..Mechanistically, Sox17 acts upstream of the Notch system and downstream of the canonical Wnt system. These data introduce Sox17 as a component of the complex signalling network that orchestrates arterial/venous specification. ..
- Oommen S, Francois M, Kawasaki M, Murrell M, Kawasaki K, Porntaveetus T, et al. Cytoplasmic plaque formation in hemidesmosome development is dependent on SoxF transcription factor function. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e43857 pubmed publisher..transcription factor that interferes with the function of wild type SOX18 and of the related SOXF-subgroup proteins SOX7 and -17...
- Lilly A, Mazan A, Scott D, Lacaud G, Kouskoff V. SOX7 expression is critically required in FLK1-expressing cells for vasculogenesis and angiogenesis during mouse embryonic development. Mech Dev. 2017;146:31-41 pubmed publisher..Here we explore the role of SOX7 during this process, performing a detailed analysis of the vascular defects resulting from either a complete ..
- Tomaz R, Harman J, Karimlou D, Weavers L, Fritsch L, Bou Kheir T, et al. Jmjd2c facilitates the assembly of essential enhancer-protein complexes at the onset of embryonic stem cell differentiation. Development. 2017;144:567-579 pubmed publisher..These findings unveil Jmjd2c and G9a as novel enhancer-associated factors, and implicate Jmjd2c as a molecular scaffold for the assembly of essential enhancer-protein complexes with an impact on timely gene activation. ..
- Savage J, Conley A, Blais A, Skerjanc I. SOX15 and SOX7 differentially regulate the myogenic program in P19 cells. Stem Cells. 2009;27:1231-43 pubmed publisherIn this study, we have identified novel roles for Sox15 and Sox7 as regulators of muscle precursor cell fate in P19 cells...
- Stock D, Buchanan A, Zhao Z, Weiss K. Numerous members of the Sox family of HMG box-containing genes are expressed in developing mouse teeth. Genomics. 1996;37:234-7 pubmed..The expression of Sox genes during tooth development has not been reported previously and further experiments will be required to determine their role in this process. ..
- Kawasaki K, Kawasaki M, Watanabe M, Idrus E, Nagai T, Oommen S, et al. Expression of Sox genes in tooth development. Int J Dev Biol. 2015;59:471-8 pubmed publisher..Sox genes thus showed a dynamic spatio-temporal expression during tooth development. ..
- Taniguchi K, Hiraoka Y, Ogawa M, Sakai Y, Kido S, Aiso S. Isolation and characterization of a mouse SRY-related cDNA, mSox7. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1999;1445:225-31 pubmed..In this study, we newly isolated and sequenced mouse cDNA clones for mSox7. The mSox7 gene encodes 380 amino acids containing an SRY-type HMG box...
- Kim K, Kim I, Yang J, Lee E, Koh B, Song S, et al. SoxF Transcription Factors Are Positive Feedback Regulators of VEGF Signaling. Circ Res. 2016;119:839-52 pubmed publisher..To reveal the genetic interaction of Sox7, another Sox member, with Sox17 in developmental angiogenesis and their functional relationship with VEGF signaling...
- Niimi T, Hayashi Y, Futaki S, Sekiguchi K. SOX7 and SOX17 regulate the parietal endoderm-specific enhancer activity of mouse laminin alpha1 gene. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:38055-61 pubmed..In the present study, we further showed that SOX7 and SOX17 are involved in the regulation of parietal endoderm-specific enhancer activity of the mouse Lama1 gene...
- Gandillet A, Serrano A, Pearson S, Lie A Ling M, Lacaud G, Kouskoff V. Sox7-sustained expression alters the balance between proliferation and differentiation of hematopoietic progenitors at the onset of blood specification. Blood. 2009;114:4813-22 pubmed publisher..a global gene expression profiling approach during the course of embryonic stem cell differentiation, we identified Sox7 as a potential candidate gene involved in the regulation of blood lineage formation from the mesoderm germ layer...
- Costa G, Mazan A, Gandillet A, Pearson S, Lacaud G, Kouskoff V. SOX7 regulates the expression of VE-cadherin in the haemogenic endothelium at the onset of haematopoietic development. Development. 2012;139:1587-98 pubmed publisher..Here, we made use of mouse ES cells as a model system to understand the role of SOX7, a member of a large family of transcription factors involved in a wide range of developmental processes...
- Kinoshita M, Shimosato D, Yamane M, Niwa H. Sox7 is dispensable for primitive endoderm differentiation from mouse ES cells. BMC Dev Biol. 2015;15:37 pubmed publisher..b>Sox7 is a member of the SoxF gene family that is specifically expressed in primitive endoderm in the late blastocyst, ..
- Inoue K, Hirose M, Inoue H, Hatanaka Y, Honda A, Hasegawa A, et al. The Rodent-Specific MicroRNA Cluster within the Sfmbt2 Gene Is Imprinted and Essential for Placental Development. Cell Rep. 2017;19:949-956 pubmed publisher..Our study has provided experimental evidence for the indispensable roles of placental miRNAs in trophoblast proliferation and thus fetal development. ..
- Tam P, Khoo P, Wong N, Tsang T, Behringer R. Regionalization of cell fates and cell movement in the endoderm of the mouse gastrula and the impact of loss of Lhx1(Lim1) function. Dev Biol. 2004;274:171-87 pubmed..The inefficient movement of the anterior endoderm, and the abnormal differentiation highlighted by the lack of Sox17 and Foxa2 expression, may underpin the malformation of the head of Lhx1 mutant embryos. ..
- Denny P, Swift S, Brand N, Dabhade N, Barton P, Ashworth A. A conserved family of genes related to the testis determining gene, SRY. Nucleic Acids Res. 1992;20:2887 pubmed
- Lioubinski O, Müller M, Wegner M, Sander M. Expression of Sox transcription factors in the developing mouse pancreas. Dev Dyn. 2003;227:402-8 pubmed..We detected transcripts for Sox11, Sox4, Sox13, Sox5, Sox9, Sox8, Sox10, Sox7, Sox17, Sox18, Sox15, and Sox30 in embryonic pancreas and found Sox4, Sox9, and Sox13 in adult pancreatic islets...
- Watanabe M, Kawasaki K, Kawasaki M, Portaveetus T, Oommen S, Blackburn J, et al. Spatio-temporal expression of Sox genes in murine palatogenesis. Gene Expr Patterns. 2016;21:111-8 pubmed publisher..Following elevation of the palatal shelves (E14.5), Sox2, Sox11 and Sox21 expression was present in the midline epithelial seam. We thus identify dynamic spatio-temporal expression of Sox gene family during the process of palatogenesis. ..
- Zhou Y, Williams J, Smallwood P, Nathans J. Sox7, Sox17, and Sox18 Cooperatively Regulate Vascular Development in the Mouse Retina. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0143650 pubmed publisher..Here we study the roles of three closely related SoxF family transcription factors-Sox7, Sox17, and Sox18 -in the developing and mature mouse vasculature using targeted gene deletion on a mixed C57/129/..
- Futaki S, Hayashi Y, Emoto T, Weber C, Sekiguchi K. Sox7 plays crucial roles in parietal endoderm differentiation in F9 embryonal carcinoma cells through regulating Gata-4 and Gata-6 expression. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:10492-503 pubmed..Among the transcription factors tested, silencing of Sox7 or combined silencing of Gata-4 and Gata-6 resulted in suppression of cell shape changes and laminin-1 production, ..
- Behrens A, Zierold C, Shi X, Ren Y, Koyano Nakagawa N, Garry D, et al. Sox7 is regulated by ETV2 during cardiovascular development. Stem Cells Dev. 2014;23:2004-13 pubmed publisherVasculogenesis/angiogenesis is one of the earliest processes that occurs during embryogenesis. ETV2 and SOX7 were previously shown to play a role in endothelial development; however, their mechanistic interaction has not been defined...