Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Sox21
Description: SRY (sex determining region Y)-box 21
Alias: Sox25, transcription factor SOX-21, DNA-binding protein SOX21, HMG-box protein SOX21, SRY-box containing gene 21
- Ohba H, Chiyoda T, Endo E, Yano M, Hayakawa Y, Sakaguchi M, et al. Sox21 is a repressor of neuronal differentiation and is antagonized by YB-1. Neurosci Lett. 2004;358:157-60 pubmedb>Sox21, a high-mobility group box transcription factor, is expressed throughout the immature neural stem/progenitor population in ventricular zone but not in the cortical plate in embryonic mouse brain and its expression is restricted to ..
- Watanabe M, Kawasaki K, Kawasaki M, Portaveetus T, Oommen S, Blackburn J, et al. Spatio-temporal expression of Sox genes in murine palatogenesis. Gene Expr Patterns. 2016;21:111-8 pubmed publisher..Following elevation of the palatal shelves (E14.5), Sox2, Sox11 and Sox21 expression was present in the midline epithelial seam...
- Kurtsdotter I, Topcic D, KarlÃ©n A, Singla B, Hagey D, Bergsland M, et al. SOX5/6/21 Prevent Oncogene-Driven Transformation of Brain Stem Cells. Cancer Res. 2017;77:4985-4997 pubmed publisher..We show that the expression levels of SOX5, SOX6, and SOX21 (SOX5/6/21) transcription factors increase in stem cells of the subventricular zone (SVZ) upon oncogenic stress, ..
- Matsuda S, Kuwako K, Okano H, Tsutsumi S, Aburatani H, Saga Y, et al. Sox21 promotes hippocampal adult neurogenesis via the transcriptional repression of the Hes5 gene. J Neurosci. 2012;32:12543-57 pubmed..Here, we demonstrate that another member of the SoxB (Sox1/Sox2/Sox3) transcription factor family, Sox21, is also a critical regulator of adult neurogenesis in mouse hippocampus...
- Hwang C, Wu X, Wang G, Kim C, Loh H. Mouse mu opioid receptor distal promoter transcriptional regulation by SOX proteins. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:3742-50 pubmed..These data indicate that SOX proteins might contribute to the transcriptional activity of the mor gene and suggest that mu opioid receptor could mediate some of the developmental processes in which SOX proteins are included. ..
- Kawaminami S, Breakspear S, Saga Y, Noecker B, Masukawa Y, Tsuchiya M, et al. Deletion of the Sox21 gene drastically affects hair lipids. Exp Dermatol. 2012;21:974-6 pubmed publisherThe effects of Sox21 gene deletion on hair lipids have been studied...
- Fantauzzo K, Christiano A. Trps1 activates a network of secreted Wnt inhibitors and transcription factors crucial to vibrissa follicle morphogenesis. Development. 2012;139:203-14 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify Trps1 as a novel regulator of the Wnt signaling pathway and of early hair follicle progenitors in the developing vibrissa follicle. ..
- Moretto Zita M, Soncin F, Natale D, Pizzo D, Parast M. Gene Expression Profiling Reveals a Novel Regulatory Role for Sox21 Protein in Mouse Trophoblast Stem Cell Differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:30152-62 pubmed publisher..Our analysis revealed a high expression of Sox21 in TSCs compared with other cell types...
- Kawasaki K, Kawasaki M, Watanabe M, Idrus E, Nagai T, Oommen S, et al. Expression of Sox genes in tooth development. Int J Dev Biol. 2015;59:471-8 pubmed publisher..Sox genes thus showed a dynamic spatio-temporal expression during tooth development. ..
- Wilson M, Yang K, Kalousova A, Lau J, Kosaka Y, Lynn F, et al. The HMG box transcription factor Sox4 contributes to the development of the endocrine pancreas. Diabetes. 2005;54:3402-9 pubmed..We show here that several Sox transcription factors are expressed in the developing pancreas and in the islet, and that one of these factors, Sox4, is required for the normal development of pancreatic islets. ..
- Stolt C, Schlierf A, Lommes P, Hillgärtner S, Werner T, Kosian T, et al. SoxD proteins influence multiple stages of oligodendrocyte development and modulate SoxE protein function. Dev Cell. 2006;11:697-709 pubmed..Our studies reveal a complex regulatory network between different groups of Sox proteins that is essential for proper progression of oligodendrocyte development. ..