Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Sox14
Description: SRY (sex determining region Y)-box 14
Alias: transcription factor SOX-14, SRY-box containing gene 14
- Lee K, Tan J, Morris M, Rizzoti K, Hughes J, Cheah P, et al. Congenital hydrocephalus and abnormal subcommissural organ development in Sox3 transgenic mice. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e29041 pubmed publisher..This study provides further evidence that SCO function is essential for the prevention of hydrocephalus and indicates that overexpression of Sox3 in the dorsal midline alters progenitor cell differentiation in a dose-dependent manner. ..
- Clovis Y, Seo S, Kwon J, Rhee J, Yeo S, Lee J, et al. Chx10 Consolidates V2a Interneuron Identity through Two Distinct Gene Repression Modes. Cell Rep. 2016;16:1642-1652 pubmed publisher..This dual activity enables Chx10 to effectively separate the V2a and MN pathways. Our study uncovers a widely applicable gene regulatory principle for segregating related cell fates. ..
- Watanabe M, Kawasaki K, Kawasaki M, Portaveetus T, Oommen S, Blackburn J, et al. Spatio-temporal expression of Sox genes in murine palatogenesis. Gene Expr Patterns. 2016;21:111-8 pubmed publisher..Following elevation of the palatal shelves (E14.5), Sox2, Sox11 and Sox21 expression was present in the midline epithelial seam. We thus identify dynamic spatio-temporal expression of Sox gene family during the process of palatogenesis. ..
- Kawasaki K, Kawasaki M, Watanabe M, Idrus E, Nagai T, Oommen S, et al. Expression of Sox genes in tooth development. Int J Dev Biol. 2015;59:471-8 pubmed publisher..Sox genes thus showed a dynamic spatio-temporal expression during tooth development. ..
- Hashimoto Torii K, Motoyama J, Hui C, Kuroiwa A, Nakafuku M, Shimamura K. Differential activities of Sonic hedgehog mediated by Gli transcription factors define distinct neuronal subtypes in the dorsal thalamus. Mech Dev. 2003;120:1097-111 pubmed..As a first step to this end, we focused on two transcription factors Sox14 and Gbx2 that are expressed in the specific brain nuclei in the chick DT...
- Hargrave M, James K, Nield K, Toomes C, Georgas K, Sullivan T, et al. Fine mapping of the neurally expressed gene SOX14 to human 3q23, relative to three congenital diseases. Hum Genet. 2000;106:432-9 pubmed..We have recently described the cloning of chick and mouse Sox14 and the expression of these genes in a population of ventral interneurons in the embryonic spinal cord...
- Jager P, Ye Z, Yu X, Zagoraiou L, Prekop H, Partanen J, et al. Tectal-derived interneurons contribute to phasic and tonic inhibition in the visual thalamus. Nat Commun. 2016;7:13579 pubmed publisher..interneurons originates from within the thalamic complex, but we now show that during early postnatal development Sox14/Otx2-expressing precursor cells migrate from the dorsal midbrain to generate dLGN-INs...
- Lee B, Lee M, Song S, Loi L, Lam D, Yoon J, et al. Specification of neurotransmitter identity by Tal1 in thalamic nuclei. Dev Dyn. 2017;246:749-758 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that Tal1 plays an essential role in regulating neurotransmitter phenotype in the developing thalamic nuclei. Developmental Dynamics 246:749-758, 2017. © 2017 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Ng C, Li N, Chee S, Prabhakar S, Kolatkar P, Jauch R. Deciphering the Sox-Oct partner code by quantitative cooperativity measurements. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:4933-41 pubmed publisher..Sox2, Sox14, Sox21 and Sox15 strongly cooperate on the canonical element but compete with Oct4 on a recently discovered ..
- Delogu A, Sellers K, Zagoraiou L, Bocianowska Zbrog A, Mandal S, Guimera J, et al. Subcortical visual shell nuclei targeted by ipRGCs develop from a Sox14+-GABAergic progenitor and require Sox14 to regulate daily activity rhythms. Neuron. 2012;75:648-62 pubmed publisher..We describe Sox14 as a marker to follow the ontogeny of the SVS and find that the complex forms from two narrow stripes of Dlx2-..
- Wright E, Snopek B, Koopman P. Seven new members of the Sox gene family expressed during mouse development. Nucleic Acids Res. 1993;21:744 pubmed
- Bikoff J, Gabitto M, Rivard A, Drobac E, Machado T, Miri A, et al. Spinal Inhibitory Interneuron Diversity Delineates Variant Motor Microcircuits. Cell. 2016;165:207-219 pubmed publisher..Moreover, V1 diversity indicates that different inhibitory microcircuits exist for motor pools controlling hip, ankle, and foot muscles, revealing a variable circuit architecture for interneurons that control limb movement. ..