Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Sox13
Description: SRY (sex determining region Y)-box 13
Alias: AA407916, AW259412, AW540933, Sox-13, transcription factor SOX-13, SRY-box containing gene 13, mSox13
- Wang Y, Ristevski S, Harley V. SOX13 exhibits a distinct spatial and temporal expression pattern during chondrogenesis, neurogenesis, and limb development. J Histochem Cytochem. 2006;54:1327-33 pubmedb>SOX13 is a member of the SOX family of transcription factors. SOX proteins play essential roles in development, and some are associated with human genetic diseases...
- Kawasaki K, Kawasaki M, Watanabe M, Idrus E, Nagai T, Oommen S, et al. Expression of Sox genes in tooth development. Int J Dev Biol. 2015;59:471-8 pubmed publisher..Localized expression of five Sox genes (Sox6, 9, 13, 14 and 21) was observed in tooth bud epithelium. Sox13 showed restricted expression in the primary enamel knots...
- Nagai K. Molecular evolution of Sry and Sox gene. Gene. 2001;270:161-9 pubmed..This rapid evolution of Sry might agree with the fact that the Srys are present not on the pseudoautosomal region but on the distal region with no recombination of the Y chromosomal short arm. ..
- Wright E, Snopek B, Koopman P. Seven new members of the Sox gene family expressed during mouse development. Nucleic Acids Res. 1993;21:744 pubmed
- Daigle M, Roumaud P, Martin L. Expressions of Sox9, Sox5, and Sox13 transcription factors in mice testis during postnatal development. Mol Cell Biochem. 2015;407:209-21 pubmed publisher..The objectives of this research were to identify expressions of Sox9, Sox5, and Sox13 in mice Leydig cell cultures and to establish their expression profiles in postnatal mice testes at different ..
- Gray E, Ramírez Valle F, Xu Y, Wu S, Wu Z, Karjalainen K, et al. Deficiency in IL-17-committed V?4(+) ?? T cells in a spontaneous Sox13-mutant CD45.1(+) congenic mouse substrain provides protection from dermatitis. Nat Immunol. 2013;14:584-92 pubmed publisher..This trait was due to a spontaneous mutation in the gene encoding the transcription factor Sox13 that caused an intrinsic defect in development of those cells in the neonatal thymus...
- Wilson M, Yang K, Kalousova A, Lau J, Kosaka Y, Lynn F, et al. The HMG box transcription factor Sox4 contributes to the development of the endocrine pancreas. Diabetes. 2005;54:3402-9 pubmed..We show here that several Sox transcription factors are expressed in the developing pancreas and in the islet, and that one of these factors, Sox4, is required for the normal development of pancreatic islets. ..
- Stock D, Buchanan A, Zhao Z, Weiss K. Numerous members of the Sox family of HMG box-containing genes are expressed in developing mouse teeth. Genomics. 1996;37:234-7 pubmed..The expression of Sox genes during tooth development has not been reported previously and further experiments will be required to determine their role in this process. ..
- Yuan H, Corbi N, Basilico C, Dailey L. Developmental-specific activity of the FGF-4 enhancer requires the synergistic action of Sox2 and Oct-3. Genes Dev. 1995;9:2635-45 pubmed
- Pla P, Hirsch M, Le Crom S, Reiprich S, Harley V, Goridis C. Identification of Phox2b-regulated genes by expression profiling of cranial motoneuron precursors. Neural Dev. 2008;3:14 pubmed publisher..the genes encoding the axonal growth promoter Gap43, the Wnt antagonist Sfrp1 and the transcriptional regulator Sox13, which were not previously suspected to play roles downstream of Phox2b and whose expression was affected by ..
- Marfil V, Moya M, Pierreux C, Castell J, Lemaigre F, Real F, et al. Interaction between Hhex and SOX13 modulates Wnt/TCF activity. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:5726-37 pubmed publisher..Here we describe how the interaction between Hhex (hematopoietically expressed homeobox) and SOX13 (SRY-related high mobility group box transcription factor 13), modulates Wnt/TCF pathway activity...
- Lioubinski O, Müller M, Wegner M, Sander M. Expression of Sox transcription factors in the developing mouse pancreas. Dev Dyn. 2003;227:402-8 pubmed..We detected transcripts for Sox11, Sox4, Sox13, Sox5, Sox9, Sox8, Sox10, Sox7, Sox17, Sox18, Sox15, and Sox30 in embryonic pancreas and found Sox4, Sox9, and ..
- Malhotra N, Narayan K, Cho O, Sylvia K, Yin C, Melichar H, et al. A network of high-mobility group box transcription factors programs innate interleukin-17 production. Immunity. 2013;38:681-93 pubmed publisher..by a gene regulatory network consisting of a quartet of high-mobility group (HMG) box transcription factors, SOX4, SOX13, TCF1, and LEF1, and not by conventional TCR signaling...
- Baroti T, Schillinger A, Wegner M, Stolt C. Sox13 functionally complements the related Sox5 and Sox6 as important developmental modulators in mouse spinal cord oligodendrocytes. J Neurochem. 2016;136:316-28 pubmed publisherThe role of transcription factor Sox13, which together with Sox5 and Sox6 belongs to the SoxD family, is only poorly characterized in central nervous system development...
- Watanabe M, Kawasaki K, Kawasaki M, Portaveetus T, Oommen S, Blackburn J, et al. Spatio-temporal expression of Sox genes in murine palatogenesis. Gene Expr Patterns. 2016;21:111-8 pubmed publisher..Following elevation of the palatal shelves (E14.5), Sox2, Sox11 and Sox21 expression was present in the midline epithelial seam. We thus identify dynamic spatio-temporal expression of Sox gene family during the process of palatogenesis. ..
- Stolt C, Lommes P, Hillgärtner S, Wegner M. The transcription factor Sox5 modulates Sox10 function during melanocyte development. Nucleic Acids Res. 2008;36:5427-40 pubmed publisher..Both binding site competition and recruitment of corepressors thus help Sox5 to modulate the activity of Sox10 in the melanocyte lineage. ..