Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Sntb2
Description: syntrophin, basic 2
Alias: Snt2, beta-2-syntrophin, 59 kDa dystrophin-associated protein A1 basic component 2, SNT3, SNTL, syntrophin-3
- Kim M, Froehner S, Adams M, Kim H. ?-Syntrophin is required for the hepatocyte growth factor-induced migration of cultured myoblasts. Exp Cell Res. 2011;317:2914-24 pubmed publisher..Phosphorylation of Akt was reduced in the ?-syntrophin siRNA-treated C2 cells. These results suggest that ?-syntrophin is required for HGF-induced migration of myoblasts and for proper PI3-kinase/Akt signaling. ..
- Trajkovski M, Mziaut H, Schubert S, Kalaidzidis Y, Altkrüger A, Solimena M. Regulation of insulin granule turnover in pancreatic beta-cells by cleaved ICA512. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:33719-29 pubmed publisher..Pharmacological modulation of these feedback loops may alleviate deficient insulin release in diabetes. ..
- Willmroth F, Beaudet A. Structure of the murine E-selectin ligand 1 (ESL-1) gene and assignment to Chromosome 8. Mamm Genome. 1999;10:1085-8 pubmed..It maps to murine Chromosome (Chr) 8 in a region homologous to human Chr 16q where the GLG1 locus maps, further indicating that Selel and GLG1 are mouse and human equivalents of the same gene. ..
- Abramovici H, Gee S. Morphological changes and spatial regulation of diacylglycerol kinase-zeta, syntrophins, and Rac1 during myoblast fusion. Cell Motil Cytoskeleton. 2007;64:549-67 pubmed..Moreover, our findings provide a potential link between changes in the lipid content of the membrane bilayer and reorganization of the actin cytoskeleton during myoblast fusion. ..
- Riu E, Ferre T, Mas A, Hidalgo A, Franckhauser S, Bosch F. Overexpression of c-myc in diabetic mice restores altered expression of the transcription factor genes that regulate liver metabolism. Biochem J. 2002;368:931-7 pubmed
- Albrecht D, Sherman D, Brophy P, Froehner S. The ABCA1 cholesterol transporter associates with one of two distinct dystrophin-based scaffolds in Schwann cells. Glia. 2008;56:611-8 pubmed publisher..Specifically, the cholesterol transporter ABCA1, associates with the Dp116/syntrophin complex in Cajal bands and is excluded from the DRP2/periaxin rich plaques...
- Adams M, Kramarcy N, Krall S, Rossi S, Rotundo R, Sealock R, et al. Absence of alpha-syntrophin leads to structurally aberrant neuromuscular synapses deficient in utrophin. J Cell Biol. 2000;150:1385-98 pubmed..Thus, alpha-syntrophin has an important role in synapse formation and in the organization of utrophin, acetylcholine receptor, and acetylcholinesterase at the neuromuscular synapse. ..
- Mills K, Sunada Y, Campbell K, Mathews K. A syntrophin gene maps to mouse chromosome 8 and is not the myodystrophy gene. Mamm Genome. 1995;6:664-5 pubmed
- Hayashi M, Ishibashi T, Tanaka K, Kasahara M. The mouse genes encoding the third pair of beta-type proteasome subunits regulated reciprocally by IFN-gamma: structural comparison, chromosomal localization, and analysis of the promoter. J Immunol. 1997;159:2760-70 pubmed..Besides the Psmb7 gene previously mapped to chromosome 2, a truncated processed pseudogene, designated Psmb7-ps, was identified and mapped to chromosome X. ..
- Xu X, Rich E, Seldin D. Murine protein kinase CK2 alpha': cDNA and genomic cloning and chromosomal mapping. Genomics. 1998;48:79-86 pubmed..A polymorphic dinucleotide repeat in the fifth intron allowed us to map the CK2 alpha' gene to murine Chromosome 8. ..
- Johnson E, Zhang L, Adams M, Phillips A, Freitas M, Froehner S, et al. Proteomic analysis reveals new cardiac-specific dystrophin-associated proteins. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e43515 pubmed publisher..In addition, our findings support the existence of cardiac-specific functions of dystrophin and may guide studies into early triggers of cardiac disease in Duchenne and Becker muscular dystrophies. ..
- Gorecki D, Abdulrazzak H, Lukasiuk K, Barnard E. Differential expression of syntrophins and analysis of alternatively spliced dystrophin transcripts in the mouse brain. Eur J Neurosci. 1997;9:965-76 pubmed
- Hibino H, Fujita A, Iwai K, Yamada M, Kurachi Y. Differential assembly of inwardly rectifying K+ channel subunits, Kir4.1 and Kir5.1, in brain astrocytes. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:44065-73 pubmed..D'Adamo, M. C., and Pessia, M. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 16404-16407), it is plausible that these channels play differential physiological roles in the K+ -buffering action of brain astrocytes in a region-specific manner. ..
- Adams M, Kramarcy N, Fukuda T, Engel A, Sealock R, Froehner S. Structural abnormalities at neuromuscular synapses lacking multiple syntrophin isoforms. J Neurosci. 2004;24:10302-9 pubmed..We conclude that both alpha-syntrophin and beta2-syntrophin play distinct roles in forming and maintaining NMJ structure and that each syntrophin can partially compensate for the loss of the other. ..
- Makris G, Samuelson L, Lomax M. The gene encoding subunit IV of cytochrome c oxidase maps to mouse chromosome 8. Mamm Genome. 1996;7:789-90 pubmed