Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Sntb1
Description: syntrophin, basic 1
Alias: beta-1-syntrophin, 59 kDa dystrophin-associated protein A1 basic component 1, 59-1 DAP, DAPA1B, beta1-Syntrophin, syntrophin-2
- De Arcangelis V, Serra F, Cogoni C, Vivarelli E, Monaco L, Naro F. ?1-syntrophin modulation by miR-222 in mdx mice. PLoS ONE. 2010;5: pubmed publisher..These results show the importance of the microRNA system in the regulation of DAPC components in dystrophic muscle, and suggest a potential role of miRs in the pathophysiology of dystrophy. ..
- Gorecki D, Abdulrazzak H, Lukasiuk K, Barnard E. Differential expression of syntrophins and analysis of alternatively spliced dystrophin transcripts in the mouse brain. Eur J Neurosci. 1997;9:965-76 pubmed
- Piluso G, Mirabella M, Ricci E, Belsito A, Abbondanza C, Servidei S, et al. Gamma1- and gamma2-syntrophins, two novel dystrophin-binding proteins localized in neuronal cells. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:15851-60 pubmed..Our present findings suggest a differentiated role of a modified dystrophin-associated complex in the central nervous system. ..
- Adams M, Kramarcy N, Krall S, Rossi S, Rotundo R, Sealock R, et al. Absence of alpha-syntrophin leads to structurally aberrant neuromuscular synapses deficient in utrophin. J Cell Biol. 2000;150:1385-98 pubmed..Thus, alpha-syntrophin has an important role in synapse formation and in the organization of utrophin, acetylcholine receptor, and acetylcholinesterase at the neuromuscular synapse. ..
- Hibino H, Fujita A, Iwai K, Yamada M, Kurachi Y. Differential assembly of inwardly rectifying K+ channel subunits, Kir4.1 and Kir5.1, in brain astrocytes. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:44065-73 pubmed..D'Adamo, M. C., and Pessia, M. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 16404-16407), it is plausible that these channels play differential physiological roles in the K+ -buffering action of brain astrocytes in a region-specific manner. ..
- Johnson E, Zhang L, Adams M, Phillips A, Freitas M, Froehner S, et al. Proteomic analysis reveals new cardiac-specific dystrophin-associated proteins. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e43515 pubmed publisher..In addition, our findings support the existence of cardiac-specific functions of dystrophin and may guide studies into early triggers of cardiac disease in Duchenne and Becker muscular dystrophies. ..