Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Snai3
Description: snail family zinc finger 3
Alias: AI643946, Smuc, Zfp293, protein snail homolog 3, snail homolog 3, snail-related gene from muscle cells, snail-related protein 2, zinc finger protein 293, zinc finger protein SNAI3
- A novel snail-related transcription factor Smuc regulates basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor activities via specific E-box motifsH Kataoka
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, 54 Kawahara cho, Shogoin, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Nucleic Acids Res 28:626-33. 2000..We identified a novel Snail -related gene from murine skeletalmusclecells designated Smuc. Northern blot analysis showed that Smuc was highly expressed in skeletal muscle and thymus...
- Overexpression of Snai3 suppresses lymphoid- and enhances myeloid-cell differentiationTimothy Dahlem
Division of Cell Biology and Immunology, Department of Pathology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Eur J Immunol 42:1038-43. 2012..The role of the transcriptional repressor Snai3 protein in the derivation of cells of the hemato-poietic system was investigated...
- Expression of the novel Snai-related zinc-finger transcription factor gene Smuc during mouse developmentXin Zhuge
Department of Clinical Innovative Medicine, Translational Research Center, Kyoto University Hospital, Shogoin, Kyoto, Japan
Int J Mol Med 15:945-8. 2005..gene known as snail-related transcription factor of muscle cells (Smuc) or, more recently, as snail homologue 3 (Snai3)...
- The snail family gene snai3 is not essential for embryogenesis in miceCara K Bradley
Center for Molecular Medicine, Maine Medical Center Research Institute, Scarborough, Maine, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e65344. 2013..Three members of the Snail gene family have been described in mammals, encoded by the Snai1, Snai2, and Snai3 genes...
- Expression of Snail protein in tumor-stroma interfaceC Franci
Unitat de Biologia Cellular i Molecular, Institut Municipal d Investigacio Medica, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, Spain
Oncogene 25:5134-44. 2006..These results demonstrate that Snail is present in activated mesenchymal cells, indicate its relevance in the communication between tumor and stroma and suggest that it can promote the conversion of carcinoma cells to stromal cells...
- Snail3 orthologues in vertebrates: divergent members of the Snail zinc-finger gene familyMiguel Manzanares
Instituto de Investigaciones Biomedicas, CSIC UAM, Arturo Duperier 4, 28029 Madrid, Spain
Dev Genes Evol 214:47-53. 2004..We further show that all three Snail genes lie in regions of extensive paralogy, revealing their common origin through segmental or chromosomal duplication...
- p53 inhibits tumor cell invasion via the degradation of snail protein in hepatocellular carcinomaSeung Oe Lim
Department of Biological Sciences, Seoul National University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
FEBS Lett 584:2231-6. 2010..These findings contribute to a better understanding of the role of p53 mutation and Snail overexpression as a late event in hepatocarcinogenesis...
- Neurogenin3 initiates stepwise delamination of differentiating endocrine cells during pancreas developmentMathieu Gouzi
Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research ISREC, School of Life Sciences, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland
Dev Dyn 240:589-604. 2011..In the chick embryo, Ngn3 independently controls epithelium delamination and differentiation programs. Developmental Dynamics 240:589-604, 2011. © 2011 Wiley-Liss, Inc...
- The snail superfamily of zinc-finger transcription factorsM Angela Nieto
Instituto Cajal, Doctor Arce, 37, 28002 Madrid, Spain
Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 3:155-66. 2002..Different family members have also been implicated in the signalling cascade that confers left right identity, as well as in the formation of appendages, neural differentiation, cell division and cell survival...
- Transcriptional control of Pactolus: evidence of a negative control region and comparison with its evolutionary paralogue, CD18 (beta2 integrin)J Scott Hale
Division of Cell Biology and Immunology, Department of Pathology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
J Leukoc Biol 80:383-98. 2006..against these proteins, using extracts from macrophages and mucosal mast cells, identified specific binding of Smuc to the promoter element, including a Smuc/PU.1/DNA trimeric complex...