Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Smpx
Description: small muscle protein, X-linked
Alias: 1010001C09Rik, Csl, small muscular protein, cardiac and skeletal muscle protein, chisel protein, stretch-responsive skeletal muscle protein
- Wu L, Sagong B, Choi J, Kim U, Bok J. A systematic survey of carbonic anhydrase mRNA expression during mammalian inner ear development. Dev Dyn. 2013;242:269-80 pubmed publisher..The temporal and spatial expression patterns of each CA isozyme suggest unique and differential roles in inner ear development and function. ..
- Harrelson Z, Kelly R, Goldin S, Gibson Brown J, Bollag R, Silver L, et al. Tbx2 is essential for patterning the atrioventricular canal and for morphogenesis of the outflow tract during heart development. Development. 2004;131:5041-52 pubmed
- Risebro C, Smart N, Dupays L, Breckenridge R, Mohun T, Riley P. Hand1 regulates cardiomyocyte proliferation versus differentiation in the developing heart. Development. 2006;133:4595-606 pubmed
- Lee S, Shin J, Sagong B, Kim U, Bok J. Spatiotemporal expression patterns of clusterin in the mouse inner ear. Cell Tissue Res. 2017;370:89-97 pubmed publisher..These specific spatiotemporal expression patterns suggest the possible roles of CLU in inner ear development and in maintaining proper hearing function. ..
- Cai C, Zhou W, Yang L, Bu L, Qyang Y, Zhang X, et al. T-box genes coordinate regional rates of proliferation and regional specification during cardiogenesis. Development. 2005;132:2475-87 pubmed
- Togi K, Kawamoto T, Yamauchi R, Yoshida Y, Kita T, Tanaka M. Role of Hand1/eHAND in the dorso-ventral patterning and interventricular septum formation in the embryonic heart. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:4627-35 pubmed..Furthermore, Hand1/eHAND is not a master regulatory gene that specifies the left ventricle myocyte lineage but may control the dorso-ventral patterning in concert with additional genes. ..
- Song L, Yan W, Chen X, Deng C, Wang Q, Jiao K. Myocardial smad4 is essential for cardiogenesis in mouse embryos. Circ Res. 2007;101:277-85 pubmed..In conclusion, this study provides the first mouse model showing that Smad4 plays essential roles during cardiogenesis. ..
- Christoffels V, Hoogaars W, Tessari A, Clout D, Moorman A, Campione M. T-box transcription factor Tbx2 represses differentiation and formation of the cardiac chambers. Dev Dyn. 2004;229:763-70 pubmed..These findings provide the first evidence that Tbx2 is a determinant in the local repression of chamber-specific gene expression and chamber differentiation. ..
- Von Both I, Silvestri C, Erdemir T, Lickert H, Walls J, Henkelman R, et al. Foxh1 is essential for development of the anterior heart field. Dev Cell. 2004;7:331-45 pubmed..Thus, Foxh1 and Nkx2-5 functionally interact and are essential for development of the AHF and its derivatives, the RV and OFT, in response to TGFbeta-like signals. ..
- Kokubo H, Tomita Miyagawa S, Hamada Y, Saga Y. Hesr1 and Hesr2 regulate atrioventricular boundary formation in the developing heart through the repression of Tbx2. Development. 2007;134:747-55 pubmed..Furthermore, we find that the expression of Hesr1 and Hesr2 is independent of Notch2 signaling. Taken together, our data demonstrate that Hesr1 and Hesr2 play crucial roles in AV boundary formation through the suppression of Tbx2. ..
- Firulli B, McConville D, Byers J, Vincentz J, Barnes R, Firulli A. Analysis of a Hand1 hypomorphic allele reveals a critical threshold for embryonic viability. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:2748-60 pubmed publisher..Together, these data define a critical threshold of Hand1 expression that is necessary for embryonic survival. ..
- Chen H, Shi S, Acosta L, Li W, Lu J, Bao S, et al. BMP10 is essential for maintaining cardiac growth during murine cardiogenesis. Development. 2004;131:2219-31 pubmed..This may provide an underlying mechanism for understanding the pathogenesis of both structural and functional congenital heart defects. ..