Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SMIF
Description: decapping mRNA 1A
Alias: 1110066A22Rik, 4930568L04Rik, AU019772, D14Ertd817e, Mitc1, SMIF, mRNA-decapping enzyme 1A, DCP1 decapping enzyme homolog A, MAD homolog 4 interacting transcription coactivator 1, Smad4-interacting transcriptional co-activator, decapping enzyme, transcription factor SMIF
- De Fazio S, Bartonicek N, Di Giacomo M, Abreu Goodger C, Sankar A, Funaya C, et al. The endonuclease activity of Mili fuels piRNA amplification that silences LINE1 elements. Nature. 2011;480:259-63 pubmed publisher..In addition, the hallmarks of piRNA amplification are observed in Miwi2-deficient gonadocytes. We conclude that cycles of intra-Mili secondary piRNA biogenesis fuel piRNA amplification that is absolutely required for LINE1 silencing. ..
- Flemr M, Ma J, Schultz R, Svoboda P. P-body loss is concomitant with formation of a messenger RNA storage domain in mouse oocytes. Biol Reprod. 2010;82:1008-17 pubmed publisher..We propose that the cortex of growing oocytes serves as an mRNA storage compartment, which contains a novel type of RNA granule related to P-bodies. ..
- Aravin A, van der Heijden G, Castañeda J, Vagin V, Hannon G, Bortvin A. Cytoplasmic compartmentalization of the fetal piRNA pathway in mice. PLoS Genet. 2009;5:e1000764 pubmed publisher..Cumulatively, our data reveal elaborate cytoplasmic compartmentalization of the fetal piRNA pathway that relies on MAEL function. ..
- Zheng D, Ezzeddine N, Chen C, Zhu W, He X, Shyu A. Deadenylation is prerequisite for P-body formation and mRNA decay in mammalian cells. J Cell Biol. 2008;182:89-101 pubmed publisher..These results support a dynamic interplay among deadenylation, mRNP remodeling, and P-body formation in selective decay of mammalian mRNA...
- Lachke S, Alkuraya F, Kneeland S, Ohn T, Aboukhalil A, Howell G, et al. Mutations in the RNA granule component TDRD7 cause cataract and glaucoma. Science. 2011;331:1571-6 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate a role for RGs in vertebrate organogenesis. ..
- Rybak A, Fuchs H, Hadian K, Smirnova L, Wulczyn E, Michel G, et al. The let-7 target gene mouse lin-41 is a stem cell specific E3 ubiquitin ligase for the miRNA pathway protein Ago2. Nat Cell Biol. 2009;11:1411-20 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, mLin41 cooperated with the pluripotency factor Lin-28 in suppressing let-7 activity, revealing a dual control mechanism regulating let-7 in stem cells. ..
- Li Y, Chen R, Zhou Q, Xu Z, Li C, Wang S, et al. LSm14A is a processing body-associated sensor of viral nucleic acids that initiates cellular antiviral response in the early phase of viral infection. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:11770-5 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that LSm14A is a sensor for both viral RNA and DNA and plays an important role in initiating IFN-? induction in the early phase of viral infection. ..
- Suzuki A, Niimi Y, Shinmyozu K, Zhou Z, Kiso M, Saga Y. Dead end1 is an essential partner of NANOS2 for selective binding of target RNAs in male germ cell development. EMBO Rep. 2016;17:37-46 pubmed publisher..We also present the first evidence that the zinc finger domain of Nanos acts as a protein-interacting domain for another RBP, providing a novel insight into Nanos-mediated germ cell development. ..
- Usui H, Ichikawa T, Kobayashi K, Kumanishi T. Cloning of a novel murine gene Sfmbt, Scm-related gene containing four mbt domains, structurally belonging to the Polycomb group of genes. Gene. 2000;248:127-35 pubmed..Northern blot analysis showed that the Sfmbt mRNAs were expressed most abundantly in the adult testis, and less intensively in all other tissues examined. ..
- Chiang P, Shen Y, Su Y, Kao C, Lin N, Hsu P, et al. Phosphorylation of mRNA decapping protein Dcp1a by the ERK signaling pathway during early differentiation of 3T3-L1 preadipocytes. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e61697 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that ERK-phosphorylated Dcp1a enhances its interaction with the decapping enzyme Dcp2 during early differentiation of 3T3-L1 cells.
- Suzuki A, Niimi Y, Saga Y. Interaction of NANOS2 and NANOS3 with different components of the CNOT complex may contribute to the functional differences in mouse male germ cells. Biol Open. 2014;3:1207-16 pubmed publisher..This alternate interaction might account for the molecular basis of the functional redundancy and differences in NANOS2 and NANOS3 functions. ..
- Zhou Z, Shirakawa T, Ohbo K, Sada A, Wu Q, Hasegawa K, et al. RNA Binding Protein Nanos2 Organizes Post-transcriptional Buffering System to Retain Primitive State of Mouse Spermatogonial Stem Cells. Dev Cell. 2015;34:96-107 pubmed publisher..This mechanism links mRNA turnover to mTORC1 signaling through Nanos2-containing mRNPs and establishes a post-transcriptional buffering system to facilitate SSC homeostasis in the fluctuating environment within the seminiferous tubule. ..
- Cougot N, Bhattacharyya S, Tapia Arancibia L, Bordonné R, Filipowicz W, Bertrand E, et al. Dendrites of mammalian neurons contain specialized P-body-like structures that respond to neuronal activation. J Neurosci. 2008;28:13793-804 pubmed publisher..Thus, dlP-bodies may regulate local translation by storing repressed mRNPs in unstimulated cells, and releasing them on synaptic activation. ..
- Dougherty J, Reineke L, Lloyd R. mRNA decapping enzyme 1a (Dcp1a)-induced translational arrest through protein kinase R (PKR) activation requires the N-terminal enabled vasodilator-stimulated protein homology 1 (EVH1) domain. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:3936-49 pubmed publisher..The translation blockade induced by Dcp1a expression suggests novel signaling linking RNA degradation/decapping and regulation of translation. ..