Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Smarcd3
Description: SWI/SNF related, matrix associated, actin dependent regulator of chromatin, subfamily d, member 3
Alias: 1500001J14Rik, 2210409C08Rik, BAF60C, SWI/SNF-related matrix-associated actin-dependent regulator of chromatin subfamily D member 3, 60 kDa BRG-1/Brm-associated factor subunit C, BRG1-associated factor 60C, mBAF60c
- Yu Z, Mannik J, Soto A, Lin K, Andersen B. The epidermal differentiation-associated Grainyhead gene Get1/Grhl3 also regulates urothelial differentiation. EMBO J. 2009;28:1890-903 pubmed publisher..These results show a crucial role for Get1 in urothelial differentiation and barrier formation. ..
- Lamba D, Hayes S, Karl M, Reh T. Baf60c is a component of the neural progenitor-specific BAF complex in developing retina. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:3016-23 pubmed publisher..In this study, we show that Baf60c, another important part of this large complex, acts in a similar neural progenitor-specific manner...
- Lessard J, Wu J, Ranish J, Wan M, Winslow M, Staahl B, et al. An essential switch in subunit composition of a chromatin remodeling complex during neural development. Neuron. 2007;55:201-15 pubmed..More broadly, these studies suggest that SWI/SNF-like complexes in vertebrates achieve biological specificity by combinatorial assembly of their subunits. ..
- Wang Y, Wong R, Tang T, Hudak C, Yang D, Duncan R, et al. Phosphorylation and recruitment of BAF60c in chromatin remodeling for lipogenesis in response to insulin. Mol Cell. 2013;49:283-97 pubmed publisher..In response to insulin, BAF60c is phosphorylated at S247 by atypical PKC?/?, which causes translocation of BAF60c to the nucleus and allows a ..
- Takeuchi J, Lickert H, Bisgrove B, Sun X, Yamamoto M, Chawengsaksophak K, et al. Baf60c is a nuclear Notch signaling component required for the establishment of left-right asymmetry. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:846-51 pubmed..In mice and zebrafish we show that Baf60c, a subunit of the Swi/Snf-like BAF chromatin remodeling complex, is essential for establishment of LR asymmetry...
- Martini M, Dobrowolny G, Aucello M, MusarÃ² A. Postmitotic Expression of SOD1(G93A) Gene Affects the Identity of Myogenic Cells and Inhibits Myoblasts Differentiation. Mediators Inflamm. 2015;2015:537853 pubmed publisher..progenitors (FAPs) phenotype, upregulating HDAC4 protein and preventing the myogenic commitment complex BAF60C-SWI/SNF...
- Meng Z, Li S, Wang L, Ko H, Lee Y, Jung D, et al. Baf60c drives glycolytic metabolism in the muscle and improves systemic glucose homeostasis through Deptor-mediated Akt activation. Nat Med. 2013;19:640-5 pubmed publisher..Here we show that Baf60c (also called Smarcd3), a transcriptional cofactor enriched in fast-twitch muscle, promotes a switch from oxidative to glycolytic ..
- Flajollet S, Lefebvre B, Cudejko C, Staels B, Lefebvre P. The core component of the mammalian SWI/SNF complex SMARCD3/BAF60c is a coactivator for the nuclear retinoic acid receptor. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2007;270:23-32 pubmed..This coactivating property is dependent on SRC1 expression, showing that HATs and SWI/SNF cooperate in this retinoid-controlled transcriptional process. ..
- Devine W, Wythe J, George M, Koshiba Takeuchi K, Bruneau B. Early patterning and specification of cardiac progenitors in gastrulating mesoderm. elife. 2014;3: pubmed publisher..We identify Smarcd3 as a marker of early specified cardiac precursors and identify within these precursors a compartment boundary at ..
- Kim J, Sif S, Jones B, Jackson A, Koipally J, Heller E, et al. Ikaros DNA-binding proteins direct formation of chromatin remodeling complexes in lymphocytes. Immunity. 1999;10:345-55 pubmed..We propose that the restructuring of chromatin is a key aspect of Ikaros function in lymphocyte differentiation. ..
- Meng Z, Tao W, Sun J, Wang Q, Mi L, Lin J. Uncoupling Exercise Bioenergetics From Systemic Metabolic Homeostasis by Conditional Inactivation of Baf60 in Skeletal Muscle. Diabetes. 2018;67:85-97 pubmed publisher..In this study, we conditionally inactivated Baf60a, Baf60c, or both in mature skeletal myocytes to delineate their contribution to muscle bioenergetics and metabolic ..