Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Slit1
Description: slit homolog 1 (Drosophila)
Alias: Slil1, mKIAA0813, slit homolog 1 protein, slit-1
- The mouse SLIT family: secreted ligands for ROBO expressed in patterns that suggest a role in morphogenesis and axon guidanceW Yuan
Department of Molecular Biology and Pharmacology, Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Department of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 S Euclid Avenue, St Louis, Missouri, 63110, USA
Dev Biol 212:290-306. 1999..Here we report the identification of three Slit homologues in the mouse. We demonstrate that the mouse SLIT1 protein can bind ROBO1, a transmembrane receptor implicated in axon guidance...
- Requirement for Slit-1 and Robo-2 in zonal segregation of olfactory sensory neuron axons in the main olfactory bulbJin Hyung Cho
Montreal Neurological Institute, Centre for Neuronal Survival, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3A 2B4
J Neurosci 27:9094-104. 2007..These results indicate that the dorsal-to-ventral segregation of OSN axons are not solely defined by the location of OSNs within the OE but also relies on axon guidance cues...
- The role of Slit-Robo signaling in the generation, migration and morphological differentiation of cortical interneuronsWilliam Andrews
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Dev Biol 313:648-58. 2008..Interestingly, a similar increase in proliferation was observed in Slit1(-/-)/Slit2(-/-) mutant mice, suggesting that cell division is influenced by Slit-Robo signaling mechanisms...
- Robo4 stabilizes the vascular network by inhibiting pathologic angiogenesis and endothelial hyperpermeabilityChristopher A Jones
Department of Oncological Sciences, University of Utah, 15 North 2030 East, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112, USA
Nat Med 14:448-53. 2008....
- Robos and slits control the pathfinding and targeting of mouse olfactory sensory axonsKim T Nguyen-Ba-Charvet
Université Pierre et Marie Curie and Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Unite Mixte de Recherche 7102, F 75005 Paris, France
J Neurosci 28:4244-9. 2008..Recently, it has also been shown that the axon guidance molecule Slit1 and its receptor Robo2 control the dorsoventral segregation of ORN axons as they are projecting to the OB...
- Conserved roles for Slit and Robo proteins in midline commissural axon guidanceHua Long
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Biological Sciences, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Neuron 42:213-23. 2004..Previous analysis of Slit1;Slit2 double mutant spinal cords failed to reveal a defect in commissural axon guidance...
- Slit proteins prevent midline crossing and determine the dorsoventral position of major axonal pathways in the mammalian forebrainAnil Bagri
Department of Anatomy, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, CA, USA
Neuron 33:233-48. 2002..Mice deficient in Slit2 and, even more so, mice deficient in both Slit1 and Slit2 show significant axon guidance errors in a variety of pathways, including corticofugal, callosal, and ..
- Robo-2 controls the segregation of a portion of basal vomeronasal sensory neuron axons to the posterior region of the accessory olfactory bulbJanet E A Prince
Montreal Neurological Institute, Centre for Neuronal Survival, Montreal, Quebec H3A 2B4, Canada
J Neurosci 29:14211-22. 2009..Together, these results identify Robo-2 as a receptor that controls the targeting of basal VSN axons to the posterior AOB...
- Slit1 and Slit2 cooperate to prevent premature midline crossing of retinal axons in the mouse visual systemAndrew S Plump
Department of Anatomy, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, CA, USA
Neuron 33:219-32. 2002..To determine the role of Slit proteins in RGC axon guidance, we disrupted Slit1 and Slit2, two of three known mouse Slit genes...
- The divergent Robo family protein rig-1/Robo3 is a negative regulator of slit responsiveness required for midline crossing by commissural axonsChristelle Sabatier
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Anatomy and Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, The University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Cell 117:157-69. 2004..These results identify a mechanism for regulating Slit repulsion that helps choreograph the precise switch from attraction to repulsion at a key intermediate axonal target...
- Dual branch-promoting and branch-repelling actions of Slit/Robo signaling on peripheral and central branches of developing sensory axonsLe Ma
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Biological Sciences, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305, USA
J Neurosci 27:6843-51. 2007..sensory arbors in vivo, because trigeminal sensory branching above the eye is reduced in Slit2;Slit3 double or Slit1,2,3 triple mutants...
- Slit proteins regulate distinct aspects of retinal ganglion cell axon guidance within dorsal and ventral retinaHannah Thompson
Division of Visual Science, Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London, London EC1V 9EL, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 26:8082-91. 2006..Using analysis of knock-out mice and in vitro assays, we found that, in the mammalian retina, Slit1 and Slit2, known chemorepellents for RGC axons, regulate distinct aspects of intraretinal pathfinding in different ..
- Retinal ganglion cell axon guidance in the mouse optic chiasm: expression and function of robos and slitsL Erskine
Department of Pathology, Center for Neurobiology and Behavior, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Neurosci 20:4975-82. 2000..Using in situ hybridization, we have determined the expression patterns of robo1,2 and slit1,2,3 in the mouse retina and in the region of the developing optic chiasm, a ventral midline structure in which ..
- Proper development of relay somatic sensory neurons and D2/D4 interneurons requires homeobox genes Rnx/Tlx-3 and Tlx-1Ying Qian
The Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Genes Dev 16:1220-33. 2002..Together, our studies demonstrate a central role for Rnx and Tlx-1 in the development of two major classes of relay sensory neurons, somatic and visceral...
- Robo1 and Robo2 cooperate to control the guidance of major axonal tracts in the mammalian forebrainGuillermina López-Bendito
Instituto de Neurociencias de Alicante, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas and Universidad Miguel Hernández, 03550 Sant Joan d Alacant, Spain
J Neurosci 27:3395-407. 2007..Mice deficient in Slit2 or, even more so, in both Slit1 and Slit2 have defects in multiple axonal pathways, including corticofugal, thalamocortical, and callosal ..
- Robo1 and robo2 control the development of the lateral olfactory tractCoralie Fouquet
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique and Université Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Unite Mixte de Recherche 7102, Paris, 75005 France
J Neurosci 27:3037-45. 2007..It is known that the septum secretes Slit1 and Slit2 which repel olfactory axons in vitro and that in Slit1-/-;Slit2-/- mutant mice, the LOT is profoundly ..
- Slit2 is a repellent for retinal ganglion cell axonsS P Niclou
Department of Neuroscience, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Neurosci 20:4962-74. 2000..A comparison of the expression patterns of Slit2 and retinal axon trajectories suggests that slit2 acts as a short range repellent for retinal ganglion cell axons...
- Differential requirements for semaphorin 3F and Slit-1 in axonal targeting, fasciculation, and segregation of olfactory sensory neuron projectionsJean François Cloutier
Department of Neuroscience, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Neurosci 24:9087-96. 2004..These results reveal discrete and complementary roles for secreted semaphorins and slits in axonal targeting, fasciculation, and segregation of olfactory sensory neuron projections...
- Slits contribute to the guidance of retinal ganglion cell axons in the mammalian optic tractHannah Thompson
Divisions of Visual Science and Molecular Genetics, Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London, 11 43 Bath Street, London, EC1V 9EL, UK
Dev Biol 296:476-84. 2006..Here, we show that slit1 and slit2, known chemorepellents for RGC axons expressed in specific regions of the diencephalon and telencephalon,..
- Multiple roles for slits in the control of cell migration in the rostral migratory streamKim T Nguyen-Ba-Charvet
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U106, Bâtiment de Pédiatrie, Hopital de la Salpetriere, 75013 Paris, France
J Neurosci 24:1497-506. 2004..b>Slit1 and Slit2, two known chemorepellents for developing axons, can mimic this effect...
- Directional guidance of interneuron migration to the cerebral cortex relies on subcortical Slit1/2-independent repulsion and cortical attractionOscar Marin
Department of Psychiatry, Nina Ireland Laboratory of Developmental Neurobiology, Langley Porter Psychiatric Institute, 401 Parnassus Avenue, University of California San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Development 130:1889-901. 2003..demonstrate that the repulsive activity found in the basal telencephalon is maintained in mice deficient in both Slit1 and Slit2, suggesting that factors other than these are responsible for this activity...
- Slit antagonizes netrin-1 attractive effects during the migration of inferior olivary neuronsFrédéric Causeret
INSERM U106, Hopital de la Salpetriere, 75013 Paris, France
Dev Biol 246:429-40. 2002..Our results indicate that slit silences the attractive effects of netrin-1 and could participate in the correct ventral positioning of ION, stopping the migration when cell bodies reach the floor-plate...
- Slit2 and netrin 1 act synergistically as adhesive cues to generate tubular bi-layers during ductal morphogenesisPhyllis Strickland
Department of Molecular, Cell and Developmental Biology, University of California, Santa Cruz, 95064, USA
Development 133:823-32. 2006..Thus, our data establish a novel role for SLIT2 as an adhesive cue, acting in parallel with NTN1 to generate cell boundaries along ducts during bi-layered tube formation...
- Gli3 is required in Emx1+ progenitors for the development of the corpus callosumEleni Maria Amaniti
Centre for Integrative Physiology, University of Edinburgh, Hugh Robson Building, George Square, Edinburgh EH8 9XD, United Kingdom
Dev Biol 376:113-24. 2013..5 due to a severe disorganization of midline guideposts. Glial wedge cells translocate prematurely and Slit1/2 are ectopically expressed in the septum...
- Slit/Robo-mediated chemorepulsion of vagal sensory axons in the fetal gutDavid Goldberg
School of Dentistry, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Dev Dyn 242:9-15. 2013..We tested the hypothesis that Slit/Robo chemorepulsion can contribute to the restriction of vagal sensory axons to specific targets in the gut wall...
- Slit2 and Robo3 modulate the migration of GnRH-secreting neuronsAnna Cariboni
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University College London, London WC1E 6BT UK
Development 139:3326-31. 2012..Mice lacking Slit2 or Robo3 have a reduced number of GnRH neurons in the forebrain, but a normal complement of their supporting axons, pointing to a direct role for these molecules in GnRH neuron migration...
- Emergent growth cone responses to combinations of Slit1 and Netrin 1 in thalamocortical axon topographyFranck Bielle
INSERM, U1024, Avenir Team, 75005 Paris, France
Curr Biol 21:1748-55. 2011..show that this topography is set in a small hub, the corridor, which contains matching rostrocaudal gradients of Slit1 and Netrin 1...
- Cooperative slit and netrin signaling in contralateralization of the mouse trigeminothalamic pathwayRusella Mirza
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
J Comp Neurol 521:312-25. 2013..We also found that slit1, -2 or -3 single or double knockout mice have impaired development of the trigeminal-lemniscal pathway...
- Dystroglycan organizes axon guidance cue localization and axonal pathfindingKevin M Wright
The Solomon H Snyder Department of Neuroscience and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Neuron 76:931-44. 2012..These findings establish a novel role for glycosylated dystroglycan as a key determinant of axon guidance cue distribution and function in the mammalian nervous system...
- Motor axon exit from the mammalian spinal cord is controlled by the homeodomain protein Nkx2.9 via Robo-Slit signalingArlene Bravo-Ambrosio
Dominick P Purpura Department of Neuroscience, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Development 139:1435-46. 2012..Our studies support the view that Nkx2.9 controls SACMN axon exit from the mammalian spinal cord by regulating Robo-Slit signaling...
- Slit/Robo signaling modulates the proliferation of central nervous system progenitorsVictor Borrell
Instituto de Neurociencias, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas and Universidad Miguel Hernández, Sant Joan d Alacant 03550, Spain
Neuron 76:338-52. 2012..Conversely, production of IPCs is enhanced in Robo1/2 and Slit1/2 mutants, suggesting that Slit/Robo signaling modulates the transition between primary and intermediate ..
- Ezh2 orchestrates topographic migration and connectivity of mouse precerebellar neuronsThomas di Meglio
Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research, Maulbeerstrasse 66, 4058 Basel, Switzerland
Science 339:204-7. 2013..Thus, Ezh2-dependent epigenetic regulation of intrinsic and extrinsic transcriptional programs controls topographic neuronal guidance and connectivity in the cortico-ponto-cerebellar pathway...
- Multiple Slits regulate the development of midline glial populations and the corpus callosumDivya K Unni
The Queensland Brain Institute, The University of Queensland, Brisbane 4072, Australia
Dev Biol 365:36-49. 2012..defects (but not complete agenesis) in 100% of Slit2(-/-) mice and 30% of Slit3(-/-) mice, whereas 100% of Slit1(-/-); Slit2(-/-) mice displayed complete agenesis of the corpus callosum...
- MicroRNAs are essential for the developmental switch from neurogenesis to gliogenesis in the developing spinal cordKang Zheng
College of Life and Environmental Sciences, Hangzhou Normal University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310036, China
J Neurosci 30:8245-50. 2010..By contrast, the early patterning and development of motor neurons were not affected in the mutant spinal cord tissue...
- Genetic dissection of the function of hindbrain axonal commissuresNicolas Renier
INSERM, U968, Paris, F 75012, France
PLoS Biol 8:e1000325. 2010..To our knowledge, this study is one of the first to link defects in commissural axon guidance with specific cellular and behavioral phenotypes...
- Neural RNA-binding protein Musashi1 controls midline crossing of precerebellar neurons through posttranscriptional regulation of Robo3/Rig-1 expressionKen ichiro Kuwako
Department of Physiology, Keio University School of Medicine, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Neuron 67:407-21. 2010..Together, these findings indicate that Msi1-mediated posttranscriptional regulation of Robo3 controls midline crossing of precerebellar neurons...
- New neurons clear the path of astrocytic processes for their rapid migration in the adult brainNaoko Kaneko
Department of Developmental and Regenerative Biology, Institute of Molecular Medicine, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
Neuron 67:213-23. 2010..New neurons secrete the diffusible protein Slit1, whose receptor, Robo, is expressed on astrocytes...
- Robo2 is required for Slit-mediated intraretinal axon guidanceHannah Thompson
Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London, England, UK
Dev Biol 335:418-26. 2009..Previously, we have shown that the inhibitory guidance molecules, Slit1 and Slit2, regulate two distinct aspects of intraretinal axon guidance in a region-specific manner...
- Collaborative and specialized functions of Robo1 and Robo2 in spinal commissural axon guidanceAlexander Jaworski
Division of Research, Genentech Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
J Neurosci 30:9445-53. 2010..Robo1 and Robo2 are receptors for the midline repellents Slit1-Slit3, and upregulation of Robos in post-crossing axons allows expulsion from the floor plate and prevents ..
- The adaptor protein Nck2 mediates Slit1-induced changes in cortical neuron morphologyJennifer E Round
Department of Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, Yale University, 266 Whitney Avenue, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, United States
Mol Cell Neurosci 47:265-73. 2011..These findings indicate a specific role for Nck2 in linking Robo activation to the cytoskeleton rearrangements that shape cortical neuron morphology...
- Robo1 regulates semaphorin signaling to guide the migration of cortical interneurons through the ventral forebrainLuis R Hernández-Miranda
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University College London, London WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 31:6174-87. 2011..Thus, we show for the first time that Robo1 interacts with Nrp1 to modulate semaphorin signaling in the developing forebrain and direct the migration of interneurons through the subpallium and into the cortex...
- Slit2 activity in the migration of guidepost neurons shapes thalamic projections during development and evolutionFranck Bielle
INSERM, U1024, 75005 Paris, France
Neuron 69:1085-98. 2011..Our study reveals that subtle differences in the migration of conserved intermediate target neurons trigger large-scale changes in thalamic connectivity, and opens perspectives on Slit functions and the evolution of brain wiring...
- Slit-Robo signals regulate pioneer axon pathfinding of the tract of the postoptic commissure in the mammalian forebrainItzel Ricaño-Cornejo
Instituto de Neurobiologia, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Queretaro, Mexico
J Neurosci Res 89:1531-41. 2011..Moreover, absence of both Slit1 and Slit2 or Robo1 and Robo2 in mutant mouse embryos revealed aberrant TPOC trajectories, resulting in abnormal ..
- Heparan sulfate sugar modifications mediate the functions of slits and other factors needed for mouse forebrain commissure developmentChristopher D Conway
Genes and Development Group, Centre for Integrative Physiology, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH8 9XD, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 31:1955-70. 2011..Particular Hs2st(-/-) and Hs6st1(-/-) phenotypes closely match those of Slit1(-/-) and Slit2(-/-) embryos respectively, suggesting possible functional relationships...
- On the topographic targeting of basal vomeronasal axons through Slit-mediated chemorepulsionBernd Knöll
MRC Centre for Developmental Neurobiology, King s College London, New Hunt s House, Guy s Hospital Campus, London SE1 1UL, UK
Development 130:5073-82. 2003..In vitro assays show that Slit1-Slit3 chemorepel VNO axons, suggesting that basal axons are guided to the posterior AOB due to chemorepulsive ..
- Midbrain dopaminergic axons are guided longitudinally through the diencephalon by Slit/Robo signalsJames P Dugan
Department of Biology, University of Nevada, Reno, NV 89557, USA
Mol Cell Neurosci 46:347-56. 2011..The mdDA axons made significant pathfinding errors in Slit1/2 and Robo1/2 knockout mice, including spreading out in the diencephalon to form a wider tract...
- The transcription factors Nkx2.2 and Nkx2.9 play a novel role in floor plate development and commissural axon guidanceAndreas Holz
Cell and Molecular Biology, University of Braunschweig, Spielmannstrasse 7, 38106 Braunschweig, Germany
Development 137:4249-60. 2010..As both factors affect floor plate development, control of commissural axon trajectories might be the underlying mechanism...
- Expression of Slit and Robo genes in the developing mouse heartCaroline Medioni
Institute of Developmental Biology and Cancer, CNRS UMR 6543, Faculte des Sciences, Parc Valrose Nice, France
Dev Dyn 239:3303-11. 2010..Our results suggest that patterned Slit-Robo signaling may contribute to the control of oriented cell growth during chamber morphogenesis of the mammalian heart...
- Tbx1 controls cardiac neural crest cell migration during arch artery development by regulating Gbx2 expression in the pharyngeal ectodermAmelie Calmont
Molecular Medicine Unit, Institute of Child Health, 30 Guilford Street, London WC1N 1EH, UK
Development 136:3173-83. 2009..We propose that the spatiotemporal control of this tightly orchestrated network of genes participates in crucial aspects of PAA development...
- Spatially distinct functions of PAX6 and NKX2.2 during gliogenesis in the ventral spinal cordNicholas Genethliou
The Cyprus Institute of Neurology and Genetics, Airport Avenue, No 6, Agios Dometios 2370, Nicosia, Cyprus
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 382:69-73. 2009..9. We further show that NKX2.2 is necessary to induce the expression of Slit1 and Sulfatase 1 (Sulf1) in the vSC in a PAX6-independent manner...
- Wnt activity guides facial branchiomotor neuron migration, and involves the PCP pathway and JNK and ROCK kinasesValerie Vivancos
MRC Centre for Developmental Neurobiology, King s College, Guy s Campus, London, SE1 1UL, UK
Neural Dev 4:7. 2009..In this study, we investigated a possible role of Wnts and the planar cell polarity (PCP) pathway in this process...
- Sequential phases of cortical specification involve Neurogenin-dependent and -independent pathwaysCarol Schuurmans
IGBMC, Illkirch, CU de Strasbourg, France
EMBO J 23:2892-902. 2004..Our study thus reveals an unanticipated heterogeneity in the genetic mechanisms specifying the identity of neocortical projection neurons...
- Slit and robo expression in the developing mouse lungJames M Greenberg
Divisions of Pulmonary Biology and Neonatology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Research Foundation, Department of Pediatrics, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Dev Dyn 230:350-60. 2004..The temporal and spatial distribution of Slit and Robo mRNAs indicate that these genes may direct the functional organization and differentiation of fetal lung mesenchyme...
- Slit and robo: expression patterns in lung developmentMark A Anselmo
Pediatric Pulmonary Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital for Children, Harvard Medical School, Jackson 14, GRJ 1416, 55 Fruit St, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Gene Expr Patterns 3:13-9. 2003..We conclude Slit/Robo are expressed in temporo-spatially adjacent domains suggesting interactive roles in pulmonary bronchiolar development...
- Identification of a novel putative signaling center, the tertiary enamel knot in the postnatal mouse molar toothKeijo Luukko
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Bergen, Arstadveien 19, N 5009, Bergen, Norway
Mech Dev 120:270-6. 2003..We investigated the developmental fate of the signaling center using the recently characterized Slit1 enamel knot marker as a lineage tracer during morphogenesis of the first molar and crown calcification in the ..
- Permissive corridor and diffusible gradients direct medial ganglionic eminence cell migration to the neocortexHynek Wichterle
The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:727-32. 2003..In addition, we propose that chemotactic guidance cues superimposed over the permissive corridor facilitate efficient dorsal migration of MGE cells...
- Conserved modularity and potential for alternate splicing in mouse and human Slit genesMelissa Little
Institute for Molecular Bioscience and Centre for Functional and Applied Genomics, University of Queensland, St Lucia, Australia
Int J Dev Biol 46:385-91. 2002The vertebrate Slit gene family currently consists of three members; Slit1, Slit2 and Slit3...
- Slit1 and slit2 proteins control the development of the lateral olfactory tractKim T Nguyen-Ba-Charvet
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U106, Bâtiment de Pédiatrie, Hopital de la Salpetriere, 75013 Paris, France
J Neurosci 22:5473-80. 2002..the role of Slit proteins in mediating olfactory axon guidance in vivo using mice with targeted deletions in the Slit1 and Slit2 genes...
- The transcription factor neurogenin 2 restricts cell migration from the cortex to the striatumP Chapouton
Max Planck Institute for Neurobiology, Am Klopferspitz 18a, D 82152 Planegg Martinsried, Germany
Development 128:5149-59. 2001..Taken together, these results show that distinct cues located in the cortico-striatal boundary restrict cells in the dorsal and ventral telencephalon...
- Slit1 is specifically expressed in the primary and secondary enamel knots during molar tooth cusp formationS Løes
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Bergen, Arstadveien 19, Bergen, Norway
Mech Dev 107:155-7. 2001..In search of novel molecules involved in tooth morphogenesis, we analyzed mRNA expression of Slit1, -2 and -3, earlier characterized as secreted signals needed for axonal pathfinding and their two receptors Robo1 ..
- Expression patterns of Slit and Robo family members during vertebrate limb developmentN Vargesson
Department of Genetics and Development, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, 701 West 168th Street, New York, NY 10032, USA
Mech Dev 106:175-80. 2001We report the cloning and expression during limb development of the chicken Slit1, Slit2, and Slit3 ligands, and Robo1 and Robo2 receptor genes...
- Sim1 and Sim2 are required for the correct targeting of mammillary body axonsJean François Marion
Research Center, Hopital Sainte Justine, 3175 Cote Ste Catherine, Montreal, Quebec H3T 1C5, Canada
Development 132:5527-37. 2005..Instead, MB axons are splayed and grow towards the midline. Slit1 and Slit2, which code for secreted molecules that induce the repulsion of ROBO1-producing axons, are expressed in ..
- New neurons follow the flow of cerebrospinal fluid in the adult brainKazunobu Sawamoto
Department of Neurological Surgery and Developmental and Stem Cell Biology Program, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Science 311:629-32. 2006..Results suggest that polarized epithelial cells contribute important vectorial information for guidance of young, migrating neurons...
- GSK3beta and PKCzeta function in centrosome localization and process stabilization during Slit-mediated neuronal repolarizationHolden Higginbotham
Biomedical Sciences Graduate Program, University of California, San Diego, CA 92093 0691, USA
Mol Cell Neurosci 32:118-32. 2006..Our findings suggest that activation of cell polarity signaling and positioning of the centrosome ahead of the nucleus are important steps in repolarization in response to guidance cues...
- Molecular mechanisms controlling midline crossing by precerebellar neuronsThomas di Meglio
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Unite Mixte de Recherche 7102, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, UMR 7102, F 75005 Paris, France
J Neurosci 28:6285-94. 2008..Robo1 and Robo2, also regulates precerebellar neuron behavior at the floor plate, we studied the phenotype of Slit1/2 and Robo1/2/3 compound mutants...
- Hox paralog group 2 genes control the migration of mouse pontine neurons through slit-robo signalingMarc J Geisen
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS INSERM ULP, UMR 7104, CU de Strasbourg, Illkirch, France
PLoS Biol 6:e142. 2008..Moreover, the migration defects observed in Hoxa2 and Hoxb2 mutant mice were phenocopied in compound Robo1;Robo2, Slit1;Slit2, and Robo2;Slit2 knockout animals, indicating that these guidance molecules act downstream of Hox genes to ..
- OL-Protocadherin is essential for growth of striatal axons and thalamocortical projectionsMasato Uemura
RIKEN Center for Developmental Biology, 2 2 3 Minatojima minamimachi, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 0047, Japan
Nat Neurosci 10:1151-9. 2007..The inability of the striatum to extend axons is also observed in vitro. These results show that OL-pc is essential for both elongation of striatal axons and patterning of the putative guidance cues for thalamocortical projections...
- Zinc-finger gene Fez in the olfactory sensory neurons regulates development of the olfactory bulb non-cell-autonomouslyTsutomu Hirata
Laboratory for Vertebrate Axis Formation, Center for Developmental Biology, RIKEN, Kobe 650 0047, Japan
Development 133:1433-43. 2006..These findings suggest that signals from olfactory sensory neurons contribute to the proper formation of the olfactory bulb...
- Dlx-dependent and -independent regulation of olfactory bulb interneuron differentiationJason E Long
Nina Ireland Laboratory of Developmental Neurobiology, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Neurosci 27:3230-43. 2007..the expression of ErbB4 (v-erb-a erythroblastic leukemia viral oncogene homolog 4), Robo2 (roundabout homolog 2), Slit1 (slit homolog 1), and PK2 (prokineticin 2), which have all been shown to play essential roles in this migration.
- Dual role for LIM-homeodomain gene Lhx2 in the formation of the lateral olfactory tractBhaskar Saha
Department of Biological Sciences, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Colaba, Mumbai 400 005, India
J Neurosci 27:2290-7. 2007..In addition, the expression of Sema6A is aberrantly upregulated. Together, these findings reveal a dual role for Lhx2, in the OB as well as in the lateral telencephalon, for establishing the LOT projection...
- The role of floor plate contact in the elaboration of contralateral commissural projections within the embryonic mouse spinal cordStephanie R Kadison
Department of Pathology and Dominick P Purpura Department of Neuroscience, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Kennedy Center Rm 624, 1410 Pelham Parkway South, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Dev Biol 296:499-513. 2006..Surprisingly, even though gli2 mutants lack a FP, slit1-3 mRNA and their receptors (Robo1/2) are expressed in a wild-type-like manner...
- The homeodomain protein vax1 is required for axon guidance and major tract formation in the developing forebrainS Bertuzzi
Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Genes Dev 13:3092-105. 1999..Vax1 therefore regulates the guidance properties of a set of anterior midline cells that orchestrate axon trajectories in the developing mammalian forebrain...
- Patterning of the basal telencephalon and hypothalamus is essential for guidance of cortical projectionsOscar Marin
Department of Psychiatry, Nina Ireland Laboratory of Developmental Neurobiology, Langley Porter Psychiatric Institute, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Development 129:761-73. 2002..Furthermore, analysis of the expression of candidate molecules in the basal telencephalon and hypothalamus of Nkx2-1 mutants suggests that Slit2 contributes to this activity...
- Identification of positionally distinct astrocyte subtypes whose identities are specified by a homeodomain codeChristian Hochstim
Division of Biology 216 76, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Cell 133:510-22. 2008..astrocytes (WMA) in the spinal cord, which can be distinguished by the combinatorial expression of Reelin and Slit1. These astrocyte subtypes derive from progenitor domains expressing the homeodomain transcription factors Pax6 and ..
- Pioneer longitudinal axons navigate using floor plate and Slit/Robo signalsW Todd Farmer
Department of Biology, University of Nevada, Reno, NV 89557, USA
Development 135:3643-53. 2008..Genetic tests of Slit1 and Slit2, and the Slit receptors Robo1 and Robo2 were carried out in mutant mice...
- Towards renal regenerationMelissa Little; Fiscal Year: 2004..Human ES cell work will be performed using ES01, 02, 03, 04, 05 & 06 listed on the NIH ES cell line registry. ..
- Murine Atlas of Genitourinary DevelopmentMelissa Little; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Murine Atlas of Genitourinary DevelopmentMelissa Little; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..