Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Slc8a2
Description: solute carrier family 8 (sodium/calcium exchanger), member 2
Alias: Ncx2, sodium/calcium exchanger 2, Na(+)/Ca(2+)-exchange protein 2, solute carrier family 8 member 2
- Boscia F, D Avanzo C, Pannaccione A, Secondo A, Casamassa A, Formisano L, et al. New roles of NCX in glial cells: activation of microglia in ischemia and differentiation of oligodendrocytes. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2013;961:307-16 pubmed publisher..protein expression were significantly enhanced in BV2 microglia exposed to oxygen and glucose deprivation, whereas NCX2 and NCX3 were downregulated...
- Pyrski M, Koo J, Polumuri S, Ruknudin A, Margolis J, Schulze D, et al. Sodium/calcium exchanger expression in the mouse and rat olfactory systems. J Comp Neurol. 2007;501:944-58 pubmed..Our results suggest that Ca(2+)-extrusion by OSNs utilizes multiple different Na(+)/Ca(2+) exchangers and that different subtypes are targeted to different subcellular compartments. ..
- Azuma Y, Hayashi S, Nishiyama K, Kita S, Mukai K, Nakajima H, et al. Na(+) /Ca(2+) exchanger-heterozygote knockout mice display increased relaxation in gastric fundus and accelerated gastric transit in vivo. Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2016;28:827-36 pubmed publisher..electric field stimulation (EFS)-induced relaxations in the circular muscles of the gastric fundus in NCX1 and NCX2 heterozygote knockout mice (HET)...
- Li Z, Matsuoka S, Hryshko L, Nicoll D, Bersohn M, Burke E, et al. Cloning of the NCX2 isoform of the plasma membrane Na(+)-Ca2+ exchanger. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:17434-9 pubmed..A., Longoni, S., and Philipson, K.D. (1990) Science 250, 562-565). We now report the cloning of a second isoform (NCX2) of the Na(+)-Ca2+ exchanger which was present in a rat brain cDNA library...
- Nishiyama K, Tanioka K, Azuma Y, Hayashi S, Fujimoto Y, Yoshida N, et al. Na+/Ca2+ exchanger contributes to stool transport in mice with experimental diarrhea. J Vet Med Sci. 2017;79:403-411 pubmed publisher..To reveal the functional role of NCX on gastrointestinal motility, we have previously used NCX1 and NCX2 heterozygote knockout mice (HET)...
- Jeon D, Chu K, Jung K, Kim M, Yoon B, Lee C, et al. Na(+)/Ca(2+) exchanger 2 is neuroprotective by exporting Ca(2+) during a transient focal cerebral ischemia in the mouse. Cell Calcium. 2008;43:482-91 pubmed..However, the role of NCX2 has not been defined in ischemic reperfusion injury after a transient focal cerebral ischemia...
- Morimoto N, Kita S, Shimazawa M, Namimatsu H, Tsuruma K, Hayakawa K, et al. Preferential involvement of Na?/Ca²? exchanger type-1 in the brain damage caused by transient focal cerebral ischemia in mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;429:186-90 pubmed publisher..Within the brain, three isoforms (NCX1, NCX2, and NCX3) are widely distributed...
- Molinaro P, Cataldi M, Cuomo O, Viggiano D, Pignataro G, Sirabella R, et al. Genetically modified mice as a strategy to unravel the role played by the Na(+)/Ca (2+) exchanger in brain ischemia and in spatial learning and memory deficits. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2013;961:213-22 pubmed publisher..Experiments performed in NCX2 and NCX3 knockout mice provided evidence that these two isoforms participate in spatial learning and memory ..
- Li X, Kiedrowski L, Tremblay F, Fernandez F, Perizzolo M, Winkfein R, et al. Importance of K+-dependent Na+/Ca2+-exchanger 2, NCKX2, in motor learning and memory. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:6273-82 pubmed..These data emphasize the critical and non-redundant role of NCKX2 in the local control of neuronal [Ca2+] that is essential for the development of synaptic plasticity associated with learning and memory. ..
- Hong H, Chakravarti A, Takahashi J. The gene for soluble N-ethylmaleimide sensitive factor attachment protein alpha is mutated in hydrocephaly with hop gait (hyh) mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:1748-53 pubmed..The hyh mutant provides a valuable in vivo model to study vesicle/membrane trafficking and provides insight into the potential roles of alpha-SNAP in embryogenesis and brain development. ..
- Yamaji R, Fujita K, Takahashi S, Yoneda H, Nagao K, Masuda W, et al. Hypoxia up-regulates glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase in mouse brain capillary endothelial cells: involvement of Na+/Ca2+ exchanger. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2003;1593:269-76 pubmed..encoding NCX3, which functions even under cellular ATP-depleted conditions, in addition to mRNAs encoding NCX1 and NCX2. The inhibition of Ca(2+)/calmodulin-dependent protein kinases or c-Jun/AP-1 activation caused a significant ..